Start by marking “All Quiet on the Western Plains” as Want to Read:
All Quiet on the Western Plains

All Quiet on the Western Plains

English nurse, Fleur Armitage, wants to escape all reminders of the Great War, which killed family and friends; by living as far from its reminders as possible – in outback Queensland.

Jack Edgarson is a pastoralist, war hero and damaged man. Suffering from nightmares and sleep walking, he lives in isolation, fearful he may harm someone.

Through a chance meeting, Jack’s and
ebook
Published April 2014 by Steam eReads

To ask other readers questions about All Quiet on the Western Plains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Quiet on the Western Plains

Kim Beck
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A small book that packs a huge punch. It has every range of emotion two characters could bring. It's story is beautifully written with perfect characters. It shows you hope after war, and the healing power that love often brings. A truly great book to lose yourself in on a warm summer evening or a cold winters night. Full review at http://allnightbooks.com/?p=201
Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff)
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All romance lovers
Recommended to Nikita by: Isabella Hargreaves

I haven't read many war time stories and so this was a welcome experience. The hardships and the adversities of a war and its impact on people who are directly involved was something that the author got out beautifully in this book. I could feel the hurt, sadness, bone deep grief and the difficulties faced by Fluer and Jack in getting back to living normally as civilians. The romance is sweet and I enjoyed the scenes between Fluer and Jack.

The writing styl
Anny hernandez
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provide a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

I just finish reading this book and I like, I like the characters, and like how the book turn out to be. I am gone keep this short since I don't want to give anything away.

The story begging with Fleur she is a nurse and she was in the war, now years later she has come to a small town, to work in a private hospital, the day that she arrive at the town, she when to the only hotel their, that's when she see the stranger man, she se
Historical Hearts
May 22, 2014 rated it liked it
**3.5 STARS**

This novella is written in the third person, not a style I’ve read for a while. Perhaps I am more used to the immediacy of writing in the second person, but although I found All Quiet on the Western Plains to be a very interesting book, it reads like the narration of a string of events. However, top marks to Ms Hargreaves for writing in a style which is typical of that era. The research of post trauma distress order after World War One is flawless as far as it goes. I’d like to see
Arlene Mullen
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fleur and Jack both were in the war. Fleur as a nurse and Jack as a solider. Fate brings them together years later. Both unknowing of the the other being in the war. Jack is still suffering from the war. He secluded himself because he can not trust himself with all the nightmares.
Here comes Fleur and she is trowing his would upside down. He doesn't understand why his mouth keeps inviting her around. Both of them suffer so much and they are so shut off from letting others in. Are they going to le
Angelle
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Running as far from the war as possible, Fleur finds herself working in a quaint little town.
After fighting in the war, nightmares drove Jack as far away from his hometown as possible.
After helping Fleur out, she tracks Jack down to thank him. Will they be able to break down walls and help each other chase away the nightmares and feelings of loss?
This isn't my usual go to genre but I do occasionally enjoy it and am so glad I read this one. I will be looking for more books by this author!
I re
Georgie Tyler
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
A historical love story set in the Australian outback after the Great War where nurse Fleur and soldier/bushman Jack live with the horrors of their service in France. A great read for not only history buffs but all.
Tania Joyce
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written and graphic descriptions of the dramas experienced in war. The two main characters were fantastic and deserved their HEA.
Kendall Talbot
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Take a journey back to post war western Queensland and enjoy the ride. This was a great read. Watching the characters overcome their war torn trauma and learn to love again was beautiful.
Infinity Jones
Dec 26, 2018
TaniLu
Apr 08, 2016
Feb 24, 2017
* Winner, 2018 Romance Writers of Australia 'Little Gems' Short Story competition. *
** Author of Amazon best-selling viking romance 'Enthralled'. **

Isabella Hargreaves writes Romance through the Ages. From the Anglo-Saxon and Danish frontier in tenth century England, to the English Civil Wars, to the Regency era and outback Australia in the 1920s, Isabella has a story to tell.
Her love of history s