Start by marking “Wicked, My Love (Wicked Little Secrets, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wicked, My Love (Wicked Little Secrets, #2)

Wicked, My Love

(Wicked Little Secrets #2)

A smooth-talking rogue and a dowdy financial genius...

Handsome, silver-tongued politician Lord Randall doesn't get along with his bank partner, the financially brilliant but hopelessly frumpish Isabella St. Vincent. Ever since she was his childhood nemesis, he's tried—and failed—to get the better of her.

Make a perfectly wicked combination...

When both Randall's political ca
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published March 3rd 2015 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Wicked, My Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked, My Love

Jo
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, gr2016

An enjoyable enemies to lovers HRs.

I really enjoyed the banter between Isabella and Randall. There were many humorous moments between the prickly Isabella and the charming Randall.

The slow built romance was perfect for these two, and watching Randall slowly realise just how perfect Isabella actually is for him for great. And I loved his possessiveness over her.

This was my first book by this author, and it definitely won’t be my last.

Caz
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've given this a B at AAR.

Wicked My Love is the second book in Ms Ives’ Wicked Little Secrets series - although there are no characters from the previous book involved, so it works perfectly well as a stand-alone. The author sets her romance against the backdrop of the world of banking and finance in the mid-19th century, and has provided the reader with enough historical background for the story to be convincing, but she never gets so caught up in the minutiae of the subject so as to give th
Alyssa

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Publication Date: March 3, 2015
Rating: 3 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

A smooth-talking rogue and a dowdy financial genius...

Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

I don’t really know how I feel about this book. I do know I loved the characters and I thought the plot was great. I liked the fact it’s set in the 1840s. On the other hand, I struggled with the slapstick humour and some of the histrionics of the secondary characters. It sometimes made what was a brilliant story into something a bit farcical – and then it would switch back to the great story I was enjoying and I liked it again.

Something to note is that this is the second
Lover of Romance
I had a difficult time getting into this story, and had to put it down...that is why my rating is so low. I just couldn't connect with the story or the characters or the set up...I gave it a 100 pages, and then set it aside. There are many other books I want to read, and I just didn't want to waste my time with a book I wasn't sure I would even like reading. I felt very confused with this one, and just couldn't get a handle on it. I do plan on reading the first book, since that one has some pret ...more
eyes.2c
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Witty, romantic and so enjoyable!

When our current stock of Victorian romance writers truly remembered the existence of Mary Wolstencroft a whole new genre of heroine came into being. The Bluestocking, she's formidable, generally portrayed as women's rights explorers, often overlooked or social inept. Women that today's women can thank as part of the progress to enfranchment, the recognition of their abilities and their freedoms. Not only that, but they present an excellent opening for writers to
Sam
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the humor of this book, which I think fits into that rare category that used to be Tessa Dare's alone. I could hardly put the book down because from the first page, it was just so engaging to see how these two characters go from relatively harmless childhood enemies to where we all know it's headed. The fun is really in the ride which involves a road trip (very A Week to Be Wicked), fake identities and naughty chemises galore.

The romance is great, but for me, the real stars of
Jaclyn
Wicked, My Love contains the zaniness that I often enjoy in historical romance, not because it’s historically accurate, but because it fits the bill of pure escapism. Wicked, My Love was a fun, entertaining and funny on-the-road romance between two childhood nemesis who consequently discover something to actually like about the other. While there are many madcap adventures in the course to happily-ever-after, the author does a good job of including a lovely emotional depth that balanced out the ...more
Farrah
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My Rating: 4.5/5

An utterly charming and delightful historical romance, Wicked, My Love was a wonderful read. With sparkling wit, lively humor, and a lovely romance, this book was fantastic and I absolutely loved it.

Isabella was a lovely heroine. Scary smart and defiantly independent, she was definitely no shrinking flower. Until she was put amongst people and her social awkwardness revealed itself. She was likable in her flaws and I thought she was a great character.

Randall was such a charmer. H
Pam
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
A delightful historical romance with mystery and political conflict that could destroy both the hero and the heroine, as they work together to thwart a common enemy.
Viscount Randall and Isabella St Vincent grew up together, their fathers were good friends and business partners and when they died, the two inherited a portion of the bank. Isabella is an extremely intelligent woman who is more at home with a spreadsheet than people and for the most part runs the bank. The two barely tolerate each o
Marilyn Rondeau
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First of all - I loved WICKED, MY LOVE - it had a great story, it was sensual and the dialogues were oftentimes outrageously funny! For myself - I totally loved this and read it in one sitting!

The protagonists began early in childhood with a very hateful relationship. Thrown together because of their father’s great friendship and affection for another they were still from different stations in life. Randall a young Viscount was destined for politics. Isabella was a manufacturers daughter. Wanti
Alex
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really liked the idea of Wicked, My Love. The fact that Isabella was a math genius and basically ran the bank herself while Randall was off doing his political stuff, it sounded like a lot of fun. And I appreciated that she actually wanted to talk about stocks and financial stuff all the time. But... the rest of the story fell a little flat.

I never liked Randall all that much, plus it didn't make much sense to me that he was always slipping into this other persona of "Randy" whenever he and I
Annie
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5
I laughed out loud so many times in this book!! The women in the novel are the stars, especially the last scene, I was cheering along with them lol
Isabella and Randall had such a cute and entertaining road to getting together :P
Samia Ruponti
Mar 09, 2015 rated it liked it
hmm....in addition to the romance, loved the introduction to the history of financial derivatives!! :p

BTW, that monolog!! I don't think I have ever laughed that hard!!
Claudia
This was a nice and sweet read but with some faults and weaknesses

REview to come
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Lori
Book provided by Netgalley
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This book is not the usual juicy ones that I tend read and review on this blog. The blurb intrigued me and I do like regency romances, as long as it’s entertaining. And as long as the heroine isn’t one of those females that sigh, simper, bemoan her plight in life, act as if she’s all helpless, and then decides to “help” her man and goes waltzing off into trouble only to have the hero has to save her. I don’t
Austine (NovelKnight)
In the second installment of Susanna Ives' Wicked Little Secrets series, we meet the cool, calculating Isabella and her business partner and childhood "enemy" Randall. This is one of those romances that takes on the enemies-to-lovers tropes, which also happens to be one of my favorites, so I was excited for Wicked, My Love since I really enjoyed the last book ( Wicked Little Secrets ).

While I think I enjoyed this one as a whole, it had some issues. The story revolves around the impending ruin of
Barbara
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books
I really liked this book; it brought a smile to my face as I was reading it. Isabella is not a beauty, but she has brains and uses them to ensure that the bank her father started is thriving. Randall is all beauty plus brains, but he uses them in the pursuit of government reform. What do they have in common? A childhood of teasing and tormenting as their fathers were business partners and the children were often together.

As adults they do not see eye-to-eye about anything but when the bank is th
suzi
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Majority of the happenings in this book are unbelievable but it's super good fun. It kinda reminds me of Princess Bride with more romance. Also, girl power! Isabella finally believing in herself is icing on the cake.
Ariel
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
The ending seemed to be a bit rushed and dramatic, but overall the book was absolutely delightful, and then characters were fun.
philura
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A reversal of the typical duo that's refreshing and hilarious.
Marti
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Not quite as bonkers, but still up there
Seantheaussie
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, dual-pov, humor
DNF because it completely lost me around p170. A 5 star romcom until a scene in a gambling club made me not give a shit anymore.
Inach
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
3,5 stars
Katinka (Unquietly Me)
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
“Wicked, My Love” is the follow-up to Susanna Ives’ first book in the series “Wicked Little Secrets.” After I read the first book, I couldn’t wait to see if she would write another and what she would come up with next. So, I was happy and excited when I received an invitation from the publisher Sourcebooks Casablanca to download an ARC of “Wicked, My Love.”

First, I have to say, believe the 4 and 5 stars reviews. This book was that good. Fresh, sexy, tender, and sweet, “Wicked, My Love” was an em
Janell Sutherland
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This book goes on a journey from farcical to madcap to sweet, and it’s almost like I can’t wrap my head around the whole thing. We meet our hero and heroine when they are children. Their fathers have started a bank together. Randall is a future aristocrat, impulsive, and intimidated by Isabella, a too-smart commoner.

Isabella is highly influenced by her Cousin Judith, a founding member of the Mary Wollstonecraft Society Against the Injurious Treatment of Women Whose Rights Have Been Unjustly Usur
Adria (Musings and Reviews)
* I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Originally posted on Adria's Romance Reviews

So...

Fumpy Isabella St. Vincent and the smooth Lord Randall have known each other since they were children and have been adversaries ever since they got into a childish spat over the sexes. As adults and bank partners, they try their best to avoid one another, until Lord Randall’s political career and their bank interests are on the verge of being destroyed by scandal. Now the financial
SidneyKay
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rebecca
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Originally reviewed on Once Upon a Romance blog - http://rexilake.tumblr.com

5 CROWNS!!!!!
As children, Lord Randall and Miss Isabella St. Vincent are thrown together when their fathers begin a bank together. As adults, both now in control of their fathers’ portions of the bank, they are still being thrown together by circumstances beyond their control.
Isabella is a strong-minded spinster who is a flourishing leader among women in London for her ability to understand and capitalize on investments
Gaele
The first I have read in this series, Susanna Ives has created a lovely fun story with a heroine with zero common sense and a hero who has tried for ages to best her intelligence. A clever read, that brings the statement “he doth protest too much’ under the bright lights and proves that dislike frequently appears when there is attraction.

Isabella is a bright woman: having published a book on business and smart investing, and is a proponent of woman’s rights. I liked the intelligence and determi
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 09, 2015 01:08PM

• Once a Rake (Drakes Rakes, #4)
  • The Whisky Laird's Bed (The Rake Patrol, #2)
  • The Ruin of a Rogue (The Wild Quartet, #2)
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • Once Upon a Christmas Kiss
  • Scandalously Yours ( Hellions of High Street, #1)
  • Runabout (Wild Oats, #2)
  • The Captain and the Wallflower
  • The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale, #2)
  • Scandal Takes the Stage (The Wicked Quills of London, #2)
  • Bridal Favors (Bridal Stories, #2)
  • The Duke Diaries (Royal Entourage, #3)
  • Romancing the Countess (Romancing, #1)
  • Lord St. Claire's Angel
  • Lady in Red (Mad Passions, #2)
  • A Little Night Mischief (Mischief, #1)
  • Less Than a Lady
  • A Lady's Guide to Skirting Scandal (The Lords of Worth, #2.5)

Wicked Little Secrets (3 books)
  • Wicked Little Secrets (Wicked Little Secrets, #1)
  • How to Impress a Marquess (Wicked Little Secrets, #3)
“At least it’s better than those usual compliments you insult ladies with.” She extracted her hand, which still tingled from his touch, and walked away a few paces, putting a safe distance between them. “You know, ‘vision of luscious splendor,’ ‘ethereal loveliness,’ and my all-time favorite, ‘dream of transcendent beauty.’”

“And I was just about to say you were looking rather transcendent…well, for you.”
0 likes