Start by marking “Drops of Rain (Hale Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Drops of Rain (Hale Brothers, #1)

Drops of Rain

(Hale Brothers #1)

Ali Rain
Sometimes I think to myself, “How did I get here?” Then the pain hits and I remember…it’s because she’s gone. I now live in a new town, go to a new school, and I’m supposed to be moving on with my new life. Only, I no longer know who I am. Dancing is all I have left and every day I feel completely alone. Silence has become the theme song to my life. She said to fin
Published August 11th 2014

Start your review of Drops of Rain (Hale Brothers, #1)
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Drops of Rain (Hale Brothers Series #1) by Kathryn Andrews
4.5 stars!!

“Alex Tan says, “Perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while, so that we can see life with a clearer view again.””

One of my favourite things about blogging in general is coming across brand new authors and finding a little gem and this book is more than a gem, it is a little diamond. This book is full of my favourite things…”feels,” this book makes you feel a lot. It is emotional, it is angsty,
Elle Brooks
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of Beta reading this beautiful book.

From the very first page I felt connected to the characters and I can't stop thinking about them even now.

There were parts that made me smile stupidly to myself, to the point where my husband wanted to see what I was reading because of the silly grin. Then there were others that broke my heart and had me holding my breath, teary eyed.

Ali and Drew's story restored my faith in true love, and that it is worth fighting for. Nothing in life i
Nadine ShelfLove
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-romance
3.5 Heartfelt Stars

As a debut, this was a good book about two young adults that got dealt a bad hand in life. Two young adults that suffered from the unfairness of life, forced to grow up way too fast, while falling head over heels for another along the road...

"Two words.... eight letters that have forever changed my life." ~Ali

Young Ali lost her mother, her best friend, her home, and in a sad way her father, all within a few weeks. Forced to leave her home, Denver, behind, she and her dad
Janja
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
-4,5-

Two broken and lonely teenagers,two hearts with so many sorrows and one wish: to escape the pain. Drew and Ali were so different but still the same- going thru their life.
I loved the story and characters of Drew,Ali and all of their friends but I hate Drew's mother ( she is week and selfish) and not to forget Ali's father?? he just wanish with no sorrow or regret..

Drew and Ali are strong and they give each other the strength to cope and to face the demons they must overcome to have their
Keerthana
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
My first ARC book

I am glad to say that I'm not disappointed and also I loved it. Review will be posted on August 11th because I don't have the ability to do a review without spoilers. I can't wait to read about the other Hale brothers.

Review Time:

My Rating: 3.5 genuine stars

I absolutely loved it. The story is about Ali and Drew, who had to face the unfairness of life at very young age. The author delivered the emotions with excellence that I felt theirs as mine. I loved Ali’s special connectio
Sammy ⭐️
Aug 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, 3-star
3 it just wasn't for me stars.

photo drapsofrainjpg_zpsad2072d8.jpg

Drew and Ali are both teens dealing with drama and pain with the sole purpose of finishing High school so they can move on. But bumping into into each other wasn't part of the plan.

photo dropsofrainteaserjpg_zps01af8bee.jpg

I've got to hold my hands up and say I skim read the second half of this book which I despise doing, but I did want to find out how it ended although I found it a bit slow.

Abbie
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Drops of Rain was a good read.

I really liked the characters in this, and i loved the bond between Ali, Drew and Beau.

I started to lose interest in this just under halfway, but the second half pulled it back, and i really enjoyed it.

Overall, a good romance read.
I'm looking forward to reading the second book.
zgredek- czytelnik
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FENOMENALNAD:D:D:D:D:D
Nance
1/10/15 - My dear Ms. Andrews, your writing was superlative! Loved Ali and Drew's story! This was more like a 4.5 star rating for me. I'm older, so I need a tad bit more heat. But, this is a Young Adult book so I guess that I saw enough intimacy.

Can't wait for Beau to now show us what he's got! He was a great supporting character. So, I'm looking forward to Leila and him finally getting it all together...

1/13/15 - Another angsty read for me. I just can’t seem to avoid distressing novels. The sa
Malinda Burchett
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to beta read this book and let me tell you it is simply amazing! I couldn't put it down once I started and read it cover to cover start to finish in one sitting!

This book had my emotions going on a roller coaster ride. There were times I wanted to scream and shout and times I couldn't read due to the tears steaming down my cheeks! I love the way this author is able to convey in a simple paragraph every emotion I could ever imagine.

Drew and Ali are two people brought together i
Haveyoureadbookblog
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
**I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

This story is about Ally and Drew who meet at the beach when she moves after her mom'd death. He's this closed off popular kid with a secret that he wants no one to know. Ally is the dancer that catches his attention and eventually they fall in love...

I really liked this book. From the very beginning you are pulled in and start going through Ally's journey with her. Her loss, her triumphs, and her experience with love. I was looking forward t
Cecily Bonney
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is a keeper and when I say keeper I mean I will keep this book close to my heart.

Kathryn Andrew you did a fantastic job!!!!

I can't wait to read Beau's story because I have to know!!

Best quote ever!

"Perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while, so that we can see life with a clear view again."
Alex Tan
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
There was so much to like about this book. The plot... Ali, a dancer grieving after the recent loss of her mother relocates to Florida with her absentee father where she meets Drew, a popular swimmer at her high school, who also happens to be fighting demons of his own. The characters, even the secondary ones, were really likeable.

The writing is good. With this being Kathryn Andrews debut novel, it was a refreshing surprise to see that she's a talented writer, without a doubt. There are certainl
Southern Belle Book Blog
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Even the second time around, this book still does it for me. I read Drops of Rain in mid-August, but was lazy and didn’t write my review at the time. Since it had been a bit of time, I decided to reread in order to write this review. I can say, even the second time around, it still pulled me in and didn’t let go. It was just as fantastic during a reread as it was the first time. Although I knew how it ended, it still made me feel that wide range of emotions that it did the first go around.

What
Marcia Bailey
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had the Pleasure of reading Drops of Rain ARC. It is a Beautifully written emotional story of Acceptance and Forgiveness.
We are taken on a journey of two tortured souls, known as Ali and Drew.
Not only do they find strength in one
another but also in themselves. The emotions jumped off the page at me to make me feel exactly what the characters were feeling at that moment in time. I found myself several times throughout the story with tears in my eyes and rolling down my face, from having lived
Rochell
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given the privilege to Beta read this book by Breakthrough Author Kathryn Andrews. This book is told in dual POV of both lead characters Ali and Drew.

Ali moves to Florida after a great loss in life. She has to figure out how to move on and keep one foot in front of the other. She has goals and really just wants to start reaching for them. Is she willing to open herself up again? Can she stay strong and keep moving forward?

Drew has always kept to himself. He is counting down the days unti
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: DEFINITELY!!!
I won an ARC of Drops of Rain and was excited to be given the chance to read it.

AMAZING, BRINGS OUT MANY EMOTIONS WHILE READING: ANGER, SADNESS, HAPPINESS, LOVE! If a book can tear at your heart then make your heart smile - you know it is a good one.

Kathryn Andrews is an extremely talented author and is able to have you go through a roller coaster of emotions while reading. I personally know that when you read a book and tune out the world - the book is worth it!

A MUST READ. I have read so ma
Chantel
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kathryn had me from page one! I had messaged one of my friends to yell at her because I was crying and I hadn't even started. This story is on heart breaks of two people that heal together as their love grows for each other.
Ali has lost a lot. After the death of her mother, her dad decides to move them from Colorado to Florida. Drew is the popular boy, athletic, a swimmer and a brother. Not a direct quote but every girl wants to be with him and every guy wants to be him but he has secrets. They
Anne OK
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
New-to-me-author Kathryn Andrews opens her debut book with an edgy and enticing story to begin this new series surrounding the Hale Brothers. I was captured by the storyline immediately and was so happy to learn that all three books were available and ready for me to read. And I did - back-to-back. The author started off powerfully and never lost strength as I closed the pages on the last book.

These book are written in a past/present style and the voices of the boys are strong and wise beyond t
Donna
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was approached at the end of June about reading this book by a new author. I read the synopsis and decided that I was definitely interested. I am so glad I did take a chance with this one as I loved it.
This book is right up there with one of my other favourite YA books - Bully. I definitely think fans of the boy next door and sweet romances will definitely love this book.

For full review please follow link to my website - http://bit.ly/1qxrTzv
Amanda
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I became captivated by this beautiful love story! Ali and Drew are two mysterious characters that tell a story of how they fight through self-doubt while defining the words love and family. The author's descriptive writing is exceptional. I could not put this book down!
Stacy
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I really loved Drew and Ali! Such a great story and well written.
Trish -  Novels In Heels
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
5 STUNNING & HEARTFELT STARS

Wow, just wow…Kathryn Andrews really brought to the forefront what some young adults deal with on a day to day basis. Whether it good or bad, it can be hard doing it alone.

When you feel like you are all alone, sometimes things get a little tough.

Drew and Ali…. Two young adults who have been handed their own horrible cards in life need to find a way to make things work for themselves and maybe with each other.

Dragonflies are known to live their lives to the fullest. W
Crisanda (Sapphire)
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-author, 2018
Michelle
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Ali Rain has just moved into town for her senior year of high school. Her mother passed away recently and her father doesn't know how to grieve so Ali is on her on for the most part. Because Ali is so caught up in her own little world, she doesn't recognize that her neighbor across the street, Drew Hale, has been watching her. He even sits behind her in class and watches her practice dance.

Drew is a fantastic swimmer but he doesn't want to get too close to Ali because he never gets c
Krista
Oct 12, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shamika
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
[ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review]

This story takes place in Ana Maria Island, Florida which immediately piqued my interest. Ana Maria Island is one of my favorite places and one that my family visits quite often in the summers. It's such a perfect backdrop for this summer/beach read. Not to mention that the cover is beautiful!

High school senior and dancer Ali Rain (love the name) has moved from Denver to Florida with her father after the heartbreaking death of her m
Susan
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was so kindly given this book as an ARC For an honest review. When I started this book I had not read the synopsis so I didn't know what the book was about but I will say as soon as I read the prologue I was hooked, Ali was so relatable so full of pain and yet you could feel her strength. As her whole life is rocked to its core by loss and moved to a whole new place she continues to show her strength. In swims Drew beautiful and broken shy and amazing. I tell you I could almost feel the chemis ...more
D
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful story of first love and finding home. I absolutely loved this debut story from Kathryn Andrews. She brought a story back to feelings of the heart, finding confidence, and true love rather than empty words of many cookie cutter novels out there as of late.
I relished in the fact that characters were developed with a sense of naivety and vulnerability but still woven with strength and resilience. Drew Hale wasn't an in your face type of character yet you never missed his presence-
Alison
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Ali has had the toughest few weeks of her life, she finds herself living in a new town, with a broken heart and no one to turn too. One chance encounter with Drew sends her whole life in a spin. Can her heart be mended or will Drew end up breaking her heart beyond repair.

Kathryn Andrews had me captivated from the first chapter. I could truly feel the pain and heart ache Ali was going through. The passion and connection Ali and Drew shared came across so strong you could feel the tension,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Last Slice of Pie (Starving for Southern #2)
  • Malik (Carter Brothers #1)
  • Cold and Broken (The Titans of Founder's Ridge Book 1)
  • Waiting for Autumn
  • Hope Over Fear (Over, #1)
  • Storms Over Secrets (Over, #3)
  • Healing the Broken
  • All the Little Lies: A High School Bully Romance
  • Better With You (Bragan University, #1)
  • Over the Falls (Ryder Bay #1)
  • The Fall of Cinderella
  • Dearest Clementine (Dearest, #1)
  • Until Alex
  • We Were Once
  • HeartLess
  • What Are Friends For?
  • Cards of Love: The Sun
Kathryn Andrews is a #1 Inspirational Romance Bestselling Author who loves stories that end with a happily ever after. She started writing at age seven and never stopped. Kathryn is known for Chasing Clouds, the Starving for Southern series, and her much loved Hale Brothers series. Her stories are sweet, southern, and fall into the genres of chi-lit, contemporary romance, sports romance, and south ...more

Hale Brothers (3 books)
  • Starless Nights (Hale Brothers, #2)
  • Unforgettable Sun (Hale Brothers, #3)

News & Interviews

“Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” 5 likes
“I saw a quote once and it kind of stuck with me, it’s by Ida Scott Taylor. “Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.” 0 likes