Start by marking “An Aberrant Mind” as Want to Read:
An Aberrant Mind

An Aberrant Mind

ABERRANT is defined as unusual, abnormal or different. The stories in this book not only differ from most of what you read, but also wildly from each other. A retired school teacher takes on an elder god and his minion; a werewolf picks fights with sea creatures; a neighbor’s lawn may be eating people. Twenty-two stories: scary, funny, weird and different.

In these pages, y
Published May 3rd 2014 by Sirens Call Publications (first published May 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about An Aberrant Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Aberrant Mind

Dancing Man
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
A diverse (adverse, perverse? ;^) collection of short, punchy horror stories that manage in just a few pages to be disturbingly evocative, amusingly perceptive and guiltily fun.

I haven't read the author's earlier work but this book is certainly an excellent place to start. He has found his voice and is confident enough to play with ideas and the reader to both of our benefit. Takes me back to my carefree days of reading sci-fi short stories, like mental fireworks exploding with new ideas and pe
Patti
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is a quick read, but it will stay with you after you are done. The stories range from quick shots of zombies and monsters to longer vignettes about women disappearing under the ocean and Adam taking out Cain. Given this, I think there is something in here for everyone.
Rebecca Lloyd
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are 22 stories in Ken MacGregor’s ‘Aberrant Mind,’ some are only a page or two long, others a deal longer. Some of the stories are very visceral, and as such will appeal to many readers. Ken likes monsters; they appear often in this book, and in a range of different forms from the monstrous figure thousands of feet high in ‘The abduction of Glynis Johnson’ – more god than monster, to Gavin, a diffident and boy-like werewolf who appears in ‘Seawolf’ and then later in ‘Arctic Wolf.’ Gavin is ...more
Lisa
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-bookshelf
I really enjoyed the stories in this book. The short stories quickly draw you in, and make you wonder what will happen. Then at the end you think, "Huh, I didn't expect that" and you can't wait to start the next one to see where it will take you. Witty humor. You really care about what happens to the characters. I highly recommend this book.
Ken
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An awesome short story collection. If you enjoy being scared..you'll love this :)
Debra  Golden
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
A creepy page turner. Thank you, Ken, for some heroes (or anti-heroes) I could cheer for and some of them living. Read this one with the lights on.....especially Tom's Person Demon's.
Creative, terrifying, and often funny.
If you like horror, then I bet you'll love it.
Now - must read something fluffy.

And for my Ypsi freinds - he's a local.
Ken
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Charles
Rice Yan
Nov 30, 2015
John Muñoz
Feb 29, 2016
Ken MacGregor’s short stories have appeared in dozens of anthologies, magazines and podcasts. One of his stories was nominated for the Micro Award. Ken is a member in good standing of The Great Lakes Association of Horror Writers and an Affiliate member of HWA. He lives in Michigan with his family.He can be found on Facebook (Ken MacGregor - Author), Amazon and at ken-macgregor.com.