Start by marking “Queen of Hearts (Sin City Collectors, #2)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Hearts (Sin City Collectors, #2)

Queen of Hearts

(Sin City Collectors #2)

Welcome to Las Vegas, home of the Sin City Collectors. The job description is easy: Bring the offending supernatural in to the Boss and don’t ask any questions.

Feline shifter Claudette Marchon traded life as a showgirl to become a Sin City Collector, giving up the glamour to earn some serious cash in order to buy her own business. Mission accomplished, she now runs a pawn
Published July 1st 2014 by Smashwords Edition (first published June 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Hearts

Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Claude (Claudette) is a feline shifter and owns a pawn shop. She also happens to be a semi-retired "Collector." The Collectors pick up supes who are misbehaving. Jason is a gargoyle working for a magician. The Queen of Hearts is an elaborate ruby necklace that was stolen by Jason. Claude soon finds out not all is as appears.
This was good. I really adored Claude. She is strong, intelligent, and just plain awesome. Jason wasn't bad either. I liked that he was a gargoyle. I liked giving him a weakn
Gladys Gonzales Atwell
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nerdgirlofficial
*** Gladys #XOXOtheNerdGirl #NerdGirlOfficial ***

-This book was provided by the publisher/author to Nerd Girl Official for an honest review

"Wagging Eyebrows" this novella IS Awesome! Another Sin City Collectors Success!

In this Sin City Collectors installment we have, Claudette Marchon and Jason Tennant. She is a beautiful feline shifter with a sassy kick a** brain with honor and class wrapped in a sexy little package! Jason Tennant is a gargoyle, with a literally a rock hard body and a secret.
Melanie
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an advance copy of this novella, the second in the new Sin City Series, for review purposes. Although it is part of a series I think this would definitely work as a stand alone but my personal preference, as with most series, would be to read them in order. I found that having a basic knowledge of collectors from Amanda Carlson's previous novella increased my understanding of the world even though everything is explained again.

I loved this! My only complaint would b
Ashley Brilinski
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bought all three of the Sin City Collectors stories written by Kristen Painter because I absolutely LOVE (and highly recommend) her Nocturne Falls series and Jayne Frost series.

This is the first of the three I've read and it did not disappoint. It was a bit sexier than her Nocturne Falls and Jane Frost series but nothing super sexy (I'm not saying there is anything wrong with super sexy books, just including this in case other fans pick these up for the same reason I did). There were a few tim
Heather
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick paced

If you enjoy supernatural books then this one will be a joy. Quick paced and fun time with great characters.
Margaret
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-won
Cat shifter, former showgirl and retired Collector Claudette Marchon is happy in her new career as the owner of a pawnshop specializing in high end jewelry, but when the Boss has a job that's right up her alley she gets called out of retirement. Claude gets sent in undercover as a magician's assistant to Collect a priceless ruby necklace and the man who stole it. When she gets to know her target, gargoyle Jason Tennant though, she sees her mission may not be as simple as she thought.

Queen of Hea
Melanie
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've really enjoyed this series so far. My biggest complaint is that the books are too short. I think these stories and characters are strong enough to have full length novels instead of the novellas. I feel that the romance is rushed a little bit, but that is to be expected with a shorter story. I really enjoy the characters, even the villain is a great antagonist.

I enjoy how we start of thinking that the hero, a gargoyle, of the story is the bad guy, and our heroine, something like a cat shif
Anna
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Fairly typical PN romance novella:
Ass kicking heroine with supernatural abilities, who had resigned from the 'Collectors' (a kind of supernatural law enforcing agency in Las Vegas) only to discover she has been brought back for a final job. Unsurprisingly the 'criminal' she has to collect (super hunky guy) is not the guilty party, but rather is acting under duress from her employer (nasty villain). She resolves to bring in the true villain whilst saving the man she has become 'inexplicably draw
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS NOVELLA! My friend is a big Kristen Painter fan and this was the first thing I've read by Painter... and now I know why my friend adores her! I have become a fan! The story was perfect. It sucked you right in, the characters felt real, and the story was wonderful. It was also full of lust and sexual banter without being sexual! That's not easy to do! I am going to not only track down the other novella's, but now read Painter's other books! And hot gargoyles have been added to my sup ...more
Leslie Wolf
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an outstanding second book to this Novella series! Both Amanda Carlson, the first author of Aces Wild, and Krisren Painter have done a great job bringing you into the Sin City Collector's world. And what a better background for this world then Las Vegas!!
Claudette and Jason get thrown together when Claudette is brought out of retirement to Collect a jewel theif and the jewel.
The twists and turns of the story are amazing and keep you on the edge waiting for it to all go terribly wrong.

I
Delta
Feb 04, 2015 marked it as free-read
Recommended to Delta by: BookGorilla.com
Free 02-04-15 (PNR/Adventure)

Michelle Leah Olson
This novella was awesome and I cannot wait for more from this continuity world...

-Full review to come...
Cindy
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Justice with a twist

Claude is a Collector, retired but still called in for action in special cases. Jason, a magician/sorceror's assistant, is her target. Sloan is the sorceror, who is not only tasteless but also willing to force those around him to aid him. The novella flows well and I do like the way the relationship between Jason and Claude progresses. Ms. Painter is able to get a lot of background on those two deftly inserted into the story. I have not read any of the Sin City Collectors ser
Sandra
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Enjoyable short PNR with a kickass heroine and sexy hero. So long as you go in accepting that the length of the story and compressed timeframe ( it takes place over a couple of days) mean than your romance comes with a heavy dose of insta-lust/love.
Franjessca
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

I'm loving this new series because this something that has never been done before. In this new series, we are taken into a world of paranormal creatures that either are apart of the Collectors or they are the ones being collected. The Collectors jobs are to bring in the offending supernaturals to the boss (but no one knows who the boss is really), without any questions. Unfortunately, the one collector in Queen of Hearts is supposed to be retired, but the boss w
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kristen Painter is yet another of the fabulous authors who contributes to the Sin City Collectors! Queen of Hearts is her first novella in this fantastic series!

Claudette is a former show girl turned former Collector turned pawn shop owner, yet one never really leaves the Collector business. Her retirement came with the stipulation that she could be called in if necessary and the mysterious Boss has claimed it necessary.

Jason Tennant, a gargoyle, has stolen the famed Queen of Hearts--a necklace
Angela ReadingCave
Aug 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Christi Snow
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Review:
This is a new paranormal series being written by a group of authors. This is the second story released and I continue to like the premise of this world (you can see my review of the first release, Aces Wild, HERE.) The basic premise is that when paranormals break the law, they have their own police force, called Collectors. Because paranormals are a bit unusual, they tend to hang out in Vegas so the Vegas Collectors stay very busy.

This book is about a Collector who tried to retire two
Rute Mota
Overall opinion: This is a Sin City Collectors Novella, they are written by several Authors, and this one is the 1st book of the series by Kristen Painter. I believe this series are set on the same environment, all happening simultaneously.
Ok, not my favorite book from this Author. Though I normally love her books I found this one to short. I thought the storyline was rushed, and essentially everything happened to fast for my taste. It just wasn’t believable. The main idea rocks anyway.
This is a
Book Junky Girls
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

For Claudette life is good these days, the pawn shop she worked so hard for is running great. Until sh'es pulled back into the world she had wanted to stay away from for good and a job she had hoped she was done with. But when the Boss asks you to work a collection you don't say no. She goes in expecting to find out where Jason put the necklace he stole and bring him in, but as soon as she meets him she realizes all is not as it seems and Jason isn't quite the evil theif she thought he'
Kat
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Readers 16+
Recommended to Kat by: Nerd Girl Vamp
** Received from NerdGirl.NG for an honest review **

Having not read one of Kristen Painter's books before I was sent a Novella Queen Of Hearts to review, and yes #NerdGirlVamp was correct, I have another author who I want more of!

This is actually book2 in the series but I had no problem at all diving in and being swept away on the adventure of recovering the Queen of Hearts Necklace, which has been stolen.

The "Collector" given the task was a very intriguing character and I hope that I get to rea
Ren Puspita
4 stars

Queen of Hearts is the second installment of Sin City Collectors Novella, written by various authors (so far just two). I had read Aces Wild, the first novella written by Amanda Carlson, and quite enjoy it, since it have some new myth (hellhound shifter) and the story is fast packed. Queen of Hearts is my first foray into Kristen Painter work, and I'm glad she didn't disappoint.

I like the banter between the heroine, Claudette Marchon and her significant other, Jason Tenant. Claudette aka
Mel
I really enjoyed Amanda Carlson's Aces Wild, the first novella in the Sin City Collectors series, and had high hopes for the second novella, Queen of Hearts, written by Kristen Painter. Unfortunately, I wasn't as engrossed in this novella as I was the first in the series.

While I thoroughly enjoyed Claude and Jason and loved that the focus remained on unusual supernatural creatures (Claude is a rather unique feline shifter and Jason is a gargoyle), there was just something missing for me. I felt
Suzan
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
I really enjoyed this novella, it's the second in a multi-author series (the first being Aces Wild by Amanda Carlson) and I am loving this series!

This novella centres around Claudette (a semi-retired Collector) and Jason, a gargoyle who's being forced to carry out criminal activity by a sorcerer who has his keystone. I loved Claudette and Jason, the story was fast paced and engrossing! I was routing for them both to get a happy ending!

They didn't have the history that the previous couple did but
Amanda
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As I said in Amanda's Sin City novella, this is an excellent concept and it is executed well by both Amanda and Kristen. This time we meet Claude who is dragged back in to the collection business, because you never can truly leave it, once they have their claws in to you, you are always a collector. Claude has to go undercover as a magicians assistant in order to capture a jewel thief. But things aren't always as they seem and falling in love wasn't supposed to be on the cards. Claude has to cho ...more
Melanie Marsh
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Queen of Hearts is the second book in the Sin City Collector’s Series that includes books from both Amanda Carlson and Kristen Painter.

In Queen of Hearts we are introduced to Jason and Claudette. Jason is a Gargoyle! I don’t recall ever having read about Gargoyles before, but I do love Gothic architecture, so I’ve always liked Gargoyles. I like the idea of the these characters being so much like stone on the outside, but inside they can be sweeter than North Carolina sweet tea.

My only complain
Julieanne
This was my first Kristen Painter novel, and it most certainly won't be my last.

This book is refreshing, it's engaging, it's thrilling - it's fabulous. Yes, Kristen does such a marvelous job at sucking you into her clever world building, by the time the novella ends, your head is spinning and you want to relive what you just went through.

This short, but extremely well written novella is set in Sin City (always a plus in my eyes) and bounces straight into a thrilling collective of great and unus
Roxanne Kade
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it

This was my first introduction to the world of the Sin City Collectors, and I loved every second of it. The characters were fantastic, the story was thrilling, flirty and flowed right off the page, drawing me in from the very first page.

Claude was a kick-ass, strong female lead, and I loved seeing her get into tiger warrior princess mode, but she also had a really soft heart and that was evident by the way she treated this particular collection. Her instincts were spot on and I was glad that she
Tynga
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Queen of Hearts is the second novella in this multi authors novella series, and unlike what I expected this one is featuring a new set a characters, Claudette and Jason.

I really enjoy this series and the world where it’s taking place. It surprising how authors manages to write such rich stories with so few pages, especially when each story is written by a different author but it works perfectly. Even though Carlson and Painter each have their own flair, the transition between both novellas was r
Amanda Masters
This book was awesome! I loved how Kristen put this one together! she is a wonderful writer and her imagination takes us into new and amazing places in this one! I really enjoyed the characters and the new types of supernaturals.

the villain in this one wasn't quite as ruthless a some of the villains Kristen has had in other of her stories but still formidable none the less! He sure makes a nuisance of himself throughout and by the end even I was ready to take him out..lol

I found the use of a Ga
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Aces Wild (Sin City Collectors, #1)
  • The Nymph Next Door (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Magic's Fate (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • How Knot to Marry a Vampire (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Mermaid Catches Her Mate  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Goodbye Blues, Hello Love
  • Love is all You Need: A Sweet Romance Box Set
  • A Dragon Speaks Her Name  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • No Ordinary Love
  • Waiting at Eros
  • The Doctor Falls For Her Gargoyle  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
  • Reaping The Immortal (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Compromised for Christmas
  • Fooled Around and Spelled In Love (The Happily Everlasting Series, #3)
  • Forget Me Not
  • Black Rook (Cornerstone Run Trilogy, #1)
  • The Trickster Makes A Match  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
Kristen Painter likes to balance her obsessions with shoes and cats by making the lives of her characters miserable and surprising her readers with interesting twists. She currently writes award-winning paranormal romance and cozy mysteries. The former college English teacher can often be found on twitter @Kristen_Painter, Facebook at www.facebook.com/KristenPainterAuthor where she loves to intera ...more

Sin City Collectors (6 books)
  • Aces Wild (Sin City Collectors, #1)
  • Ante Up (Sin City Collectors, #3)
  • Dead Man's Hand (Sin City Collectors, #4)
  • All In (Sin City Collectors, #5)
  • Double or Nothing (Sin City Collectors, #6)
“As much as Jason hated the man, it was plain to see how Sloan had built the empire he had. Perseverance, dedication and hard work. Along with an appalling lack of ethics and a healthy does of gray magic.” 1 likes
“Rehearsals at the Silver Slipper's Burlesque Review had been brutal because of the physical toll on the body. Rehearsals for Cristos the Incredible were brutal because Cristos was an ass.” 1 likes