Start by marking “Nihal of the Land of the Wind” as Want to Read:
Nihal of the Land of the Wind

Nihal of the Land of the Wind (Le Cronache del Mondo Emerso #1)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  4,681 Ratings  ·  230 Reviews
An international bestseller from an extraordinary storyteller—get ready for Nihal and her world

Published May 27th 2014 by Open Road (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Nihal of the Land of the Wind, please sign up.
Gabriela Nogueira Yes, there is. But is a quite frustrating one, but is a good book.

fenrir
Jan 06, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Non so neanche da dove cominciare a commentare questo libro, mi chiedo come faccia ad essere un best seller questa roba che sembra una fanfiction scritta da una ragazzina con complessi di inferiorità (sul serio qualcuno ha avuto il coraggio di fargli cinque stelle?!).

Si perché, scusa tanto Licia, ma quando una scrittrice crea una Mary Sue così perfetta come la tua Nihal a me qualche dubbio viene.
Potevo passarle il fatto di essere l'unica mezzelfa rimasta, anche se già un po' la cosa puzzava, ma
Sam
Sep 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mi ha piacevolmente sorpreso, non è il capolavoro dell’anno, ma avevo letto di critiche su critiche, più accuse di plagio per l’autrice. Posso dire che, senza alcun pregiudizio, questo primo capitolo mi è piaciuto e l’ho letto abbastanza velocemente. Si lascia leggere e hai voglia di continuare, la protagonista ti istiga all’omicidio e il suo interesse amoroso è no sense, ma comunque sa attirarti. Mi sono affezionata e leggerò il seguito, quindi non me la sento di dar più di tre stelle, ma nemme ...more
Brianne Reeves
May 20, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
This book is originally an Italian novel that has been translated to German and is being released next week in English.

Nihal is a young girl who wants to be a warrior. She’s raised by her father, an armorer who has always let her run wild. She’s a gifted swordsman and has some magic ability. When her town is raided by the Tyrant’s forces, Nihal leaves in defense of the Land of the Wind.

My problems with this book are many, so be warned.

First and foremost, Nihal is a highly capable fighter with g
Nikoleta
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Ευχάριστο και ευκολοδιάβαστο, τσουλάει ωραία. Θυμίζει κάτι από τα κλασικά ηρωικά βιβλία φαντασίας. Ειδικά ο κόσμος του αναδυόμενου κόσμου είναι παρόμοιος με την Μέση Γη, απλώς έχει κ δράκους σαν μπόνους. Ωραία ιστορία, σε μερικά σημεία βρήκα μια αφέλεια στην αφήγηση, που όμως δικαιολογείτε από μέρος μου σε παρθένο συγγραφέα.
3,5 αστεράκια
Kay An P.
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: high-fantasy
**I read this book in the original language, so I cannot judge the English translation**

I had truly high expectations for this one, and I'm so disappointed.
The world-building was nice, nothing too original, but still fun to discover. The story itself had potential, and it was obviously meant to ooze beautiful morals.

But gods, the delivery was childish. And I don't mean that its intended audience might have been children, because its explicit violence makes it at least a YA, and I've read middle-
мεgяεร.
Apr 03, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
Dana

This was a very middle of the road book for me. It held my attention but at no point was I ever intrigued. The main character is average(well apart from her godly fighting skills and beauty). I didn't really feel connected to her or the her world much when reading this.

The overall plot had promise but the pace was way too slow for me. This is not by any means a bad novel, but I would not recommend buying this. For me this is a solid library checkout. Hopefully this series gets better as it progr
Sam at A Journey Through Pages
Thanks to Netgalley and Open Road Intergrated Media for allowing me to read this.

Nihal of the Land of the Wind was originally written in Italian and published and Italy. This makes for a very interesting problem while reviewing, especially when it comes to critiques since it's not just the original author's writing, but also how well the translator was able to mimic the style of the author in another language. Sometimes the prose ends up becoming stilted and unnatural in the new language and it'
Jessica

Vague spoilers because I can't talk of this and not give anything away!

This was such a wonderful read.

I really loved this.

I love the world building in the story, it's like you're there within the story as you read. There isn't any purple prose, no over exaggeration of things like a character's actions or behavior. Everything was expertly done.

I really loved how the story was an coming of age story for Nihal, how as the story progressed she grew along with it. It was wonderful to read of her c
Ευθυμία Δεσποτάκη
Το περίμενα με πραγματική λαχτάρα, γιατί ήλπιζα ότι θα το διάβαζα στα ιταλικά. Γενικά δεν είναι μόνο οι Έλληνες αλλά κι άλλες εθνικότητες συγγραφέων του φανταστικού που θα ήθελα να διαβάσω και οι Ιταλοί ήταν η πρώτη μου διερευνητική προσπάθεια.
Ευτυχώς, ω, ευτυχώς που δεν έδωσα ένα σκασμό λεφτά για να μου το φέρουν από το e-bay τότε. Γιατί το βιβλίο που διάβασα είναι κάτω του μετρίου.
Το ίδιο το βιβλίο σαν αντικείμενο, η ελληνική έκδοση δηλαδή, είναι απ’ έξω ένα μπιζού: Σκληρό εξώφυλλο, ντυμένο με
K.K. Summer
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
dies ist ein reread für mich.

Es ist schon ewigkeiten her dass ich dieses Buch bzw. die Trilogie zum ersten Mal gelesen habe und ich genieße es wirklich jetzt wieder in diese Welt einzutauchen. Ich fühle mich einfach immer noch so daheim und vertraut mit den Charakteren als hätte ich es erst vor 2 WOchen das letzte mal gelesen und nich vor 8 Jahren.
Die Charaktere und ihre Geschichte ziehen mich immer noch so sehr in ihren Bann und ich freue mich schon sehr darauf auch bald Teil 2 und 3 erneut l
Carly
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, bestest
I LOVED this series so much!!! I wish that they were in English so more people could read them! The characters were amazing, and I loved how they grew as the books went on. Such a fun read!
Alessio
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: letti
Palesemente un libro per ragazzi, sicuramente non un capolavoro, dopo 50 pagine non mi sarebbe mai venuto in mente di leggere il seguito, ma man mano che si va avanti viene sempre più voglia di seguire la storia di Nihal e Sennar. Il finale non è eclatante eppure leggere gli altri capitoli sarà sicuramente un piacere.
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: http://www.multitaskingmommas.com/201...

I was really excited to read about Nihal. After all, a book about a girl that's described as an elf, dragons, righteous battles, magic - it's just full of stuff I like to lose myself in. It started out really strong: the first chapter is beautifully described and the terrors that Nihal and her friends caused throughout the village had me chuckling a time or two. But as the book wore on, I found I was looking for the end of each chapter
Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee
NIHAL OF THE LAND OF THE WIND reminds me of other classic girl-in-a-man's-world stories. Her character starts out young and enthusiastic about becoming a warrior, but over time she is beset by challenges. She overcomes these hurdles one after another, but not without learning lessons that harden her.

The style of presentation is the most difficult part of this book to accept. Some of the dialog is awkward, and the writing is frequently stilted and flat. And worse, sometimes I couldn't tell what w
Roberta
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2005, italiano, fantasy
Fantasy d'esordio...
...e si sente! Nihal della Terra del Vento è un fantasy che ha come maggior pecca una semplicità eccessiva, che si traduce principalmente in una scarsa - o meglio semplicistica - caratterizzazione dei personaggi. La trama è fortemente classica, così come l'ambientazione, cosa che del resto accomuna direi il 90% della produzione fantasy.
Nihal nasce bene come bambina aspirante spadaccina che compie infinite scorribande a Salazar. L'evoluzione in ragazzina cocciuta perdutamente
Kagama-the Literaturevixen
requested ARC from Netgalley

Nihal lives in one of the many towers of the Land of the Wind. There is nobody like her in the Overworld: big violet eyes, pointed ears, and blue hair. She is an expert in swordplay and the leader of a handful of friends that includes Sennar the wizard. She has no parents; brought up by an armorer and a sorceress, Nihal seems to be from nowhere.

Things suddenly change when the Tyrant takes charge. Nihal finds herself forced to take action when she is faced with the mos
Amber
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I want more! Hoping the rest of the series is translated soon.

Full review: http://casualreadersbookclub.blogspot...

*I received this copy from NetGalley in return for an honest review, and opinions are mine alone.
Sarah Marie
Nihal of the Wind by Licia Troisi

First book in the Chronicles of the Overworld Trilogy

“Just as nature gives life to the creatures of this world, an armorer forges the blade from fire and iron.”

Nihal lives in the Land of the Wind, a section of the Overworld, but no one in the Overworld is like Nihal. She has violet eyes, pointed ears, and blue hair. When we meet her, she is a fierce fighter at the age of thirteen and loves to fight. She meets Sennar, a young wizard, who challenges her an

Nicko (The Cover Hoarder)
May contain spoilers! Read at your own risk!

If you're wondering what's wrong with me and why am I doing reviews for books I've already read, I'll inform you that I've read a lot of books that I have very strong opinions of and that I haven't written a review for, maybe because I wasn't in the mood at the time or did not know what to write.
Now that I have more experience in these kinds of things I can go back to the books I've read earlier this year (2014) or in the past years and give at least
Keyreads
May 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
I received a copy via NetGalley from the publisher for an honest review.

This is the story of Nihal of Salazar, a young girl with blue hair, purple eyes, and pointy ears. Unlike most girls her age, she enjoys sword play instead of daydreaming of her future husband & playing dress up. One day, she meets a boy who tricks her with magic during a duel. Determined to defeat this boy, she sets herself on quest to learn magic and eventually defeat her enemies and avenge her family.

My Thoughts
I was
Iz
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic, dragons
3.5
Beh, è stata una lettura carina! Molto meglio di quel che mi aspettavo!
Tutta la storia del Mondo Emerso ed il worldbuilding sono molto interessanti!
È stato molto bello vedere come matura Nihal in quei cinque anni che sono l'espansione temporale del libro! Devo ammettere che mi ha urtato tante volte, come si innamora ciecamente di Fen dopo neanche un giorno, come è irresponsabile e a volte un pochino egocentrica.
Ma in alcune parti è badass e molto forte.
Sennar è il mio personaggio preferito (i
Wanderlust
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this fantasy novel, it is a beginning of a series with I would love to continue reading.

Amazon UK Link
JBooks
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2,5 Sterne.

Ich bin mir gerade nicht sicher, ob die Drachenkämpferin ihr Debütroman ist :/
Nachdem was mit Nihal in der Akademie passiert war, ging es sehr flott. Der Anfang gefiel mir ja nicht so :(
EmyAttorney
Jun 28, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sinceramente, non mi aspettavo molto da questo libro. Insomma, la trama è la tipica storia del "c'è una ragazza speciale che è l'unica ragazza speciale del mondo intero, che sa fare tutto e ottiene tutto senza il minimo sforzo". Cioè, è ovvio che io non pensavo che questo sarebbe stato un capolavoro (dopotutto l'ho comprato a un euro ad una casa dell'usato). Eppure... questo libro è riuscito comunque a deludermi. Santo cielo. Vabbe', partiamo con 'sta roba.
Il setting è un mondo fantastico diviso
Gema
Es el cuarto libro que leo de Licia Troisi y he llegado a la conclusión de que esta señora no puede decepcionarme. Sus novelas no son perfectas, pero están muy bien construidas, con unos mundos ricos y envolventes, y personajes carismáticos y verosímiles. Este libro en particular augura una gran trilogía.
Eva
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dala bych tak 4,5*. Vyprávění je přímé, nikde se nezasekává a děj se neustále posouvá vpřed. Jen mě někdy vytáčela Nihalina paličatost, která vedla k pár špatným rozhodnutím. Jinak ale úžasné vyprávění.
jannaphia
2.5 ☆☆

This used to be my favourite book. How does it hold up now? Not good. Not good at all.
But now I know why I used to write so fucking depressive stories when I was twelve lmao
Camilla (ReaderintheAttic)
First of all: a premise. This is the second time I read this book. When I was little - around thirteen yeart old - Troisi's books where my favorites. I loved her heroines, worlds, magics... and so, since the author published the first book of a new series, I decided that it was time to read again all her books. Despite the horrible consequences, I'm happy to have read again the first book of Nihal's trilogy.
Anyway, right now, with my twenty-three years of life, I can totally write that: this isn
Caroline F.
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Goodreads Librari...: Adding a new book/ ISBN already taken 3 16 May 07, 2014 06:44AM
  • Os Três Reinos (A Saga das Pedras Mágicas, #5)
  • Das unendliche Licht (Die Chroniken der Nebelkriege, #1)
  • Hyperversum (Hyperversum, #1)
  • Clover's Luck (The Magical Animal Adoption Agency, #1)
  • A Manopla de Karasthan (Crónicas de Allaryia, #1)
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
  • The Rock of Ivanore (Celestine Chronicles, #1)
  • Protector of the Grove (The Bowl of Souls, #7 / Jharro Grove Saga, #2)
  • Ennara and the Book of Shadows (Ennara, #2)
  • Oscuridad
  • Flüsternde Schatten (Libri Mortis, #1)
  • Reader and Educator Guide to "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings"
  • Six Heirs (The Secret of Ji, #1)
  • The Vacant Throne (Throne of Amenkor, #3)
  • Wiedźma opiekunka, Część 1 (Wolha Redna, #3)
Licia Troisi was born in Ostia, a little place by the sea near Rome. She’s been passionate about writing since her childhood. She took classical studies at high school and studied astrophysics in the university. She started to write her first trilogy, Cronache del Mondo Emerso (Chronicles from the Emerged World), at the age of 21.
She got married in 2007 and is currently a PhD student in Rome. Musi
More about Licia Troisi

Le Cronache del Mondo Emerso (4 books)
  • La missione di Sennar (Le Cronache del Mondo Emerso, #2)
  • Il talismano del potere (Le Cronache del Mondo Emerso, #3)
  • Cronache del Mondo Emerso. Le storie perdute

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Tu hai paura di vivere. Ogni volta che scendi in campo speri che arrivi un colpo di spada che ti sollevi dalla responsabilità di affrontare la tua vita. Cosa credi, che ci voglia coraggio per morire? Morire è facile. È vivere che richiede coraggio. Sei una codarda, Nihal.” 2 likes
“Nihal seppe che quella notte sarebbe diventata un guerriero.
Si sciolse la lunga treccia blu, che per anni non aveva visto le forbici. Guardó quel fiume di capelli che le scendeva oltre i fianchi. Erano capelli da regina, quelli di cui cantano i menestrelli, in cui gli amanti annegano dolcemente.
Prese la spada.
Le ciocche caddero a terra una per volta, lentamente.
Quando ebbe finito, in testa aveva una zazzera corta e arruffata.
Gettó i capelli in fondo al giardino.”
2 likes