Start by marking “Every Time I Think of You” as Want to Read:
Every Time I Think of You

Every Time I Think of You

Thirty-year-old Daisy DiStefano has two people she holds dear: the grandmother who raised her, and her three-year-old son, Elliott. But when Daisy’s grandmother is killed in a seemingly random act of violence, Daisy must take steps to protect herself and her child.

Published September 16th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Every Time I Think of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Time I Think of You

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!!

description

To say that I was highly anticipating this book would be an understatement. This author’s On the Island is one of my all-time favorites (re-read it multiple times) so I wanted to read this book as soon as I got my greedy hands on it. Did she disappoint? No. In the most realistic and relatable fashion, the author has delivered a heartwarming yet equally heartbreaking story about the magic of second chances, the strength of friendships, and the unity of family bonds. While I had some issu
Jill
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it

When Daisy DiStefano's grandmother is killed, she is left with her three year-old son, Elliott to wonder who and why anyone would kill the beloved grandmother who raised her. Brooks McClain, an investigative reporter from San Francisco has returned temporarily to his hometown to look after his parents, and help in the care of his dying mother. Daisy and Brooks meet when he investigates the death for the local newspaper.

This is a more character-driven story, than plot-driven. The pace is at times
Jeanne
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was ok

Weellll, Hmmmmm,

My advice to anyone about to start this book would be to go ahead and add that extra shot of espresso or two to your morning drink, you are going to need it! To say this book is slow is a huge understatement. My poor friend Ada was falling asleep at the 12% mark.

It wasn't the fact that the book was slow that bothered me, it was the unnecessary, exhausting amount of time she spent on boring details no one reading this is going to care about. For example, the heroine Daisy enrolled
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
2 stars

I don't normally like OTT drama but come on I didn't wanna read about her day to day everyday life. Where was the romance? Where was the suspense? I could accept no steam if I liked the characters but I found them so dull. No connection. No sexual tension. Just nothing.

This book was completely different to On the Island (which I loved) I'm wondering if it really is the same author. Maybe it might suit non romance lovers better. Not for me!
Navessa
Aug 21, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: soon
Aestas Book Blog
May 12, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
New romantic suspense standalone from Tracey Garvis Graves!! I love the sound of this story! Can't wait :)

Despite a thriving career in San Francisco, thirty-six-year-old Brooks McClain has returned home to spend what little time his
Maya
May 19, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I was bored out of my mind

Unmemorable and bland characters, mundane and passionless romance and plot lacking excitement. The suspense was … well, there wasn’t any.

Add to that pages and pages filled with descriptions of monotonous everyday life.

Even sweet little Elliot (Daisy’s three years old son) couldn’t manipulate me to like this book, but not through lack of trying.

If I have to say something positive - there were some good moments around the 90% mark.

TL
Feb 25, 2015 added it
I love this woman's writing to death but just couldn't connect with this one :(
Hildy
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read the manuscript of Every Time I Think of You in April and again in July. Tracey asked me to be one of her beta readers and I was thrilled to get a chance to read her next book and give some feedback. I was going to sit down and do a full review but then I realized that I can't possibly be unbiased when it comes to this book. I've been so wrapped up in it that I think it would be really difficult to stand outside and be objective. Having said all that, I think you all sh ...more
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Foooof.
This was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooow.
I've never, ever thought a book was slow in a negative way.
Usually I enjoy slow reads, when everyone is complaining that a book is slow, I'm like 'shuddup, I like it like that!'
The story was so slow, I was nodding off.

That said I loved the writing, though slow, the author is talented. I also liked how realistic the book was. If felt genuine. The emotions and characters felt like normal people, it all felt like something that cou
Jaime Arkin
I have to tell you guys… I love reading about characters that are in my age group. Characters who have lived a little bit and experienced things…. Characters that I can relate to on some level because we may have more in common than someone in their teens… Characters who feel so real and alive that I feel like I could open my door and look down the street and find them. Tracey Garvis-Graves writes characters just like that and with Every Time I Think of You, she’s done it again.

Daisy DiStefano
Erika
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this book.

Daisy DiStefano is a single mom who works as a nurse and lives with her beloved grandmother, who raised her after Daisy's parents and sister died. Daisy is divorced from her husband after he became addicted to crystal meth. When Daisy's grandmother is murdered, a handsome local reporter named Brooks with a difficult family story of his own becomes interested in the case -- and in Daisy and her son.

This story grabbed me from the beginning. Tracey Garvis-Graves ha
Andrea
How many times have I professed my love for Tracey Garvis-Graves's work? Every time I read a new book of hers, I'm always thrilled with how much I enjoy it, though I am never surprised by that fact. Every Time I Think of You is the newest addition to the list. When I picked this one up, I was under the impression it was a romantic suspense, which is logical given that it involves a murder. I don't have the best luck with romantic suspense, usually due to the imbalance between the romance and sus ...more
LuvLaw
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Let's say this book is sweet and cute :)

Brooks and Daisy are two sweet couples who have gone through a lot in their life and it makes me smile to read about their maturity. The author has done a good job by not including any cliche plots and insecurities which is not needed :D

photo Everytime_zps45312d45.jpg

Brooks is a reporter who for his parents sake relocates to a small town :) its a pretty sweet gesture ^^

And Daisy is a single with a mom who is caught in between crime and protecting her son and herself

Pssttt Elliot her s
Elisamarie
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to have read Tracey's manuscript and this is the best book she has written so far. I felt like I was a character in the book and that I knew Daisy well. I read this during a difficult time and it was just what I needed. I laughed, I cried, I sighed and I can't wait for it to come out so I can read it again! If you like a good women's fiction book, pre-order "Every Time I Thank of You" so you can read it on day one!!! I LOVED this book.
Steve H
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is Graves best book yet. It reads very well. The characters are well developed and the reader is wanting to learn more about them. Graves drops clues about where the story may go and then makes it very interesting to see how the story actually gets there. Every Time I Think of You is equal parts detective thriller and love story. It was easy and fun to read, and hard to put down. I look forward to her next novel.
Ada
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Jackie Wolfred
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Every Time I Think of You" by Tracey Garvis Graves is a contemporary story filled with suspense, real life issues, romance, drama, twists and turns. Another page-turner, and the first book I have read by this New York Times Best Selling Author. I loved this book and can't wait to read more of her stories.

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.
Jen
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
There were so many things I enjoyed and a few events that were a little over the top, but overall, Tracey Garvis-Graves has some serious writing chomps!! I loved the mystery element and the chemistry between Daisy and Brooks was incredible and I adored them together. After just reading Covet, I'm diving into all her books! (Cherish is up next!)
Lightblue
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Carino ma decisamente non il migliore dell'autrice. Troppe pagine per arrivare finalmente ad una svolta in una storia talmente perfetta da sembrare inverosimile. La scrittura scorre veloce e ci sono della parti molto dolci, ma sfido io a trovare una madre single che non ha un attimo di nervoso verso un figlio piccolo e soprattutto, davvero un bambino di 3 anni può parlare così male??
Autumn Review
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, review
It's no surprise that I'm a fan of Garvis-Graves' writing, but I'll admit that I don't read many romantic suspense novels. It's not that I don't like them, I just don't read many. I felt a little more enthusiastic about this book though. I had faith that this story would not only be well thought out, but that these would be characters I would fall in love with. And I did.

I want to start off by talking about how the book begins. It starts off in Elliot's point of view, hearing his great-grandmoth
UltraMeital
DNF 56%

I was SO excited about this one! I read both of Tracey's books - "On the Island" and "Covet" and LOVED both of them. They were very different from one another yet each had a beautiful love story, with characters you really could relate to and "feel". So it was really natural that I didn't even read the synopsis of this one before adding it to my reading list. I actually DID read the synopsis before I started to read this one and the one thing that really bothered me was sadly one of the r
Karen
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
In the small town of Fenton, California, Daisy Jane is living a quiet life with her 3 yr old son Elliot and loving grandmother Pauline. She works as a nurse at the local hospital and mostly keeps to herself with a few close friends. Pretty, sweet Daisy seems to be living a small idyllic life but the reality is she is a single mom struggling to pay off her dead beat ex husbands debt and move on ever since he abandoned them for his addiction to drugs. After her life is once again turned upside dow ...more
Brandie
Christine Churchill
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To be released September 16th..... Yeah!!!!!!
Sharon L
May 30, 2014 marked it as 30-next-up
Seriously just tell me where to buy this....I want the paperback edition
Rachelle
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015-books, mystery
So wordy. Unnecessarily so. This one just didn't thrill me.
Under the Covers Book Blog
I've only read two books by this author before, but I loved one of them so much back when I read it that I've had a lot of Tracey Garvis-Graves books on my TBR.  And yes, a lot of those are older releases but I still wanted to catch up and read them.  This one was available on the Audible Romance Package and I put it down on the Roundabout Challenge to make myself finally dive into her backlist.  I'll be honest, it's left me a little hesitant because I don't know if her style matches with me.

EV
Elisabeth
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
J'aime énormément cette auteur car j'avais adoré The island. C'est le 3e livre que je lis d'elle et je n'ai pas retrouvé l'accroche de ce premier livre, mais cela reste une lecture agréable. J'aime l'alternance de point de vue.
Tara Cignarella
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been holding off reading this since it is the only book by Tracey I had not read. Once again I devoured it and wished it didn't end. Especially since the last quarter was the best part.
  • On the Way Home
  • Star-Crossed
  • What She Left Us
  • No One Knows You're Here (No One Knows You're Here, #1)
  • The Side Effects of Forgetting (Forgetting, #1)
  • Shiver
  • Moment of Truth (Moments In Time #2)
  • Mistletoe on Main Street (Briar Creek, #1)
  • Flying
  • Madly (New York, #2)
  • The Fable of Bing
  • Summer Rain (Love in the Rain, #1)
  • Jane's Harmony (Jane's Melody, #2)
  • Perfect Timing (Bedlingham, #1)
  • Her Bull Rider's Baby (A Cowboy of Her Own, #2)
  • Girl of Vengeance (Rachel's Peril, #3; Thompson Sisters, #7)
  • Razor Wire
  • To Fix You
Tracey Garvis Graves is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary fiction. Her debut novel, On the Island, spent 9 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, has been translated into thirty-one languages, and is in development with MGM and Temple Hill Productions for a feature film. She is also the author of Uncharted, Covet, Every Time I Think of ...more
“She was the kind of woman you might overlook in a dark, crowded bar, but the first one you’d notice when the lights came up. In other words, she was exactly my type.” 0 likes
“Wine is essential after a visit to Chuck E. Cheese’s. They should really give you a bottle on your way out.” 0 likes