Start by marking “Miedo (Gone, #5)” as Want to Read:
Miedo (Gone, #5)

Miedo

(Gone #5)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  45,082 ratings  ·  1,973 reviews
A pesar del hambre y las mentiras, a pesar incluso de la plaga… los chavales de Perdido Beach están decididos a sobrevivir.

Sin embargo, en la nueva y precaria vida que se han construido comienza a arrastrarse la que probablemente sea la peor encarnación del enemigo conocido como la Oscuridad: el miedo. La vida en la ERA se quiebra cuando la Oscuridad pasa a ocuparla litera
Paperback
Published June 2014 by RBA (first published April 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Miedo, please sign up.
chloe on the front cover of Gone – Sam and Astrid.
on the back cover of Gone – Diana and Caine.

on the front cover of Hunger – It’s Diana and Caine.
on the b…more
on the front cover of Gone – Sam and Astrid.
on the back cover of Gone – Diana and Caine.

on the front cover of Hunger – It’s Diana and Caine.
on the back cover of Hunger – Sam and Astrid.

on the front cover of Lies – It’s Sam and Astrid again.
on the back cover of Lies – Brittney and Drake.

on the front cover of Plague – Astrid and Drake.
on the back cover of Plague – Sam and Brittney.

on the front cover of Fear – Diana and Quinn.
on the back cover of Fear – Sam and Dekka.

on the front cover of Light – Sam and Gaia.
on the back cover of Light – Dekka and Quinn(less)
Jennifer This is via Danielle from the Lies page.

"It was posted on the Gone Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/gonebooks/) who was on the covers.

On the …more
This is via Danielle from the Lies page.

On the front cover of Gone – Sam and Astrid.
On the back cover of Gone – Diana and Caine.

On the front cover of Hunger – It’s Diana and Caine.
On the back cover of Hunger – Sam and Astrid.

On the front cover of Lies – It’s Sam and Astrid again.
On the back cover of Lies – Brittney and Drake.

On the front cover of Plague – Astrid and Drake.
On the back cover of Plague – Sam and Brittney.

On the front cover of Fear – Diana and Quinn.
On the back cover of Fear – Sam and Dekka.

On the front cover of Light – Sam and Gaia.
On the back cover of Light – Dekka and Quinn"(less)

·  45,082 ratings  ·  1,973 reviews

Start your review of Miedo (Gone, #5)
Jess
Dec 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ok so originally I had a freak out review bc I had just finished Plaque & was pissed that I had to wait for 2 more books to see who lived or died. it was in all caps & was just an over excited fangirl just losing her mind. & also on how much I loved the cover.
Now its April 2, this book comes out tomorrow & I barely remember what happens in Lies & Plaque so I am reading the series again I finished Gone yesterday, & now starting Hunger. Not that any of you care.
Braiden
Oct 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**This review may contain spoilers for the previous four books in the series (and possibly for Fear itself) so tread carefully! If you have not read them please don’t read this review – but read the first book Gone instead.**

Original review can be seen here: http://bookprobereviews.com/?p=1585#m... (NOT ANYMORE!)

…death is better because death is the end of fear, isn’t it? [p.431]

Michael Grant has not once disappointed me – and Fear is no exception. Fear was the best of the series so far and tha
Tekla ✨
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Tekla ✨ by: Amparo
Shelves: books-2012
Total and brutal mindfuck. Thank you.

I thought things couldn't get any better after PLAGUE. That book seriously wrecked me. It's one of the best books I have EVER read. No kidding.

But Señor Grant delivered another masterpiece with FEAR.

This book blew my mind so much, I can't even properly review this. All coming out of me are incoherent sounds and, oh look! Those are my grabby-grabby hands because I can't wait a whole fucking year for LIGHT!!!!!!

Let me try to review this, see how far I can go
Heather
Sep 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, science-fiction
Sam and Caine have split the survivors of the FAYZ into two separate camps- those at the lake and those staying in Perdido beach. Sam is feeling lost and useless without an enemy to fight as Edilio runs the day to day lake operations. Little does he know that the return of Astrid id just around the corner.

Caine is dealing with his own leadership difficulties and is trying to maintain control and tolerance between those with abilities and those without. Changes in this delicate balance will test
Kendell
Feb 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHOOOWHOOOO!!!! MORE BOOKS I LOVE THE STORIES I CANT WAIT TO GET PLAGUE!!!!! :3
i love the books i wish there was more than six of them.
i remember when i first started reading them.
i fist started with hunger and half way through i find out that
theres a book called gone so i stop reading hunger and started gone.
last year i got into so much cr*p from my teachers for reading the books and not doing my work.
All i would say was "one more chapter please Ms just one or half im almost done."
i freaked out
Jade
Apr 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANYONE WHO HAS YET TO READ 'GONE'. GO READ IT NOW!
"…death is better because death is the end of fear, isn’t it?"

OH. MY. GOD. I CAN'T....

'LIGHT' is my most-anticipated book for 2013. Hands. Down.
Thomas
There are certain books that, if turned into movies, I would never watch. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (which is a movie, actually) is one of them. Rape and torture? Not something I would like to see on the big screen. Fear by Michael Grant is another one of those books. People having their minds ripped apart and their bodies broken and bent and twisted in various ways? Yeah, throwing up is not that high on my list of priorities.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Gone series by Michael Grant. Lik
Micah
Dec 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
posted at http://www.falloutalleyyouthzone.com

I got an ARC so I want to post a review :D

Fans of the Gone series should check out a GONE Fan forum called Enter The Fayz at enterthefayz.com

In a lot of ways, Fear Raises the bar in the series and it makes me excited to see what MG has in store for us in the the final book. In other ways, the book does seem to regress a bit which leads to disappointing moments as well as a few elements that were introduced that sort of changed the story...

FEAR is the
Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ*
Hey guys! I know I'm great, thankyou.;) So here's an excerpt from fear and below are the facts that have been written by MG himself. And below that is my review after I finished this book.

65 hours 11 minutes She wore denem jeans and a plaid flannel shirt over a black T-shirt several sizes too big. A leather belt made two turns around her waist. It was a man’s belt, and a big man at that. But it was sturdy and bore the weight of the .38 revolver, the machete, and her water bottle. Her backpack wa
Alayne Emmett
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book in this series. This is not much more I can add to this review as I have already said so much but, in this book the pace really picks up and more weird and wonderful things are happening to the kids.
The creatures are getting stranger and stronger and the kids are battling with each other and the creatures. Fabulous book.
emily_oriley
Apr 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
.... wow... that's really all I can say about this book. That and maybe "holy crap". Can't even imagine what the final book's going to entail but I am counting down the days. ...more
Colin. Macmaster
One comment, real quick, in regards to Diana's baby.
I've got a theory, and it's been rattling around my head ever since I put two and two together, if you'll pardon the pun, Diana's child is a two-bar as a day old embryo, for examples of two bars, look no further than Computer Jack, or Duck Zhang, for that matter. They both have pretty powerful gifts, so say Diana's baby's powers grow, what then? Little Pete has been indirectly marked as an eight bar, if he created the Fayz, who's to say Diana's
 𝕕𝕒𝕟𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕤 ☾

At this point I’m only reading for Diana because she is hands down the best character but OH GOD I am so SICK of ASTRID AND SAM PERFECT LITTLE ANGELS WHO CAN DO NO WRONG 😑🖐

Ok, just——

Sam is literally described as the “hero” who everyone loves and there’s literally nothing else about him that’s remotely interesting, he’s just the token Good Guy and Hero. Blegh.🤢😑

Astrid. SMART. And BEAUTIFUL. You can’t really get any more perfect than that, can you? Little miss perfect little goody-two-sho
Barry Hutchison
I was a massive fan of the first couple of books in the GONE series, but Grant seems to be running out of ideas. The tension from previous books was completely absent in this one, and it felt like a filler episode of a long-running soap rather than the next instalment in a blockbuster teen book series.

The only thing that made this books even vaguely interesting was that things have started to change in the barrier around the FAYZ. You even get to see some events on the other side of the barrier
Jamie
Nov 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I can't review this. How can I review something so amazing and complex? My words will never do it justice. ...more
Jenny
Apr 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've had a sort of nagging issue with this series since the beginning, and as it winds down to its conclusion, I think I'm starting to finally figure out what it is.

Well, let me start with the positives, because my feelings on this book are overwhelmingly positive--true to form, Grant is still the master of pacing. Each chapter, still headered with that ticking clock, is subdivided into a series of vignettes told from different characters' viewpoints. And each one--yes, almost literally every si
Ocean Weeks
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
"No, no, no, so not getting the point of fear. Because fear wasn't about what made sense. Fear was about possibilities. Not things that happened. Things that might.”

Fear is the fifth book in the Gone series by Michael Grant. And, of course, I really would rather avoid spoiling anyone for what happens in the first four books. We’ll see how well I do with that, now won’t we?

The premise of these books basically follows the idea of how Lord Of The Flies would have gone, had Stephen King written th
Annie
t's only been a year since I read the last Gone series book. No big deal, right? WRONG. I first got into the Gone series shortly before Hunger came out. I've been a huge fan ever since, and a year between books is a long time to wait.

Thankfully, I was nowhere near disappointed with this latest installment. What really keeps me going with this series is the characters. I genuinely feel like I know them, and I want them to come out on top. Well, except for the ones I don't like. Like, say, Drake.
Priscilla
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Am I surprised by the events that happen in Fear? Eh, not really. It's the FAYZ.

Initial thoughts:
1. I've been desensitized by all of the weird and over-the-top scenarios. That's how much weird is in this series, and it's awesome.
2. Albert is a big suck.
3. All the characters are finally starting to come into their own. We're starting to see them develop, and show their true colours.
4. PETEY, DON'T TOUCH THAT!
5. The plot is a bridge to the last book. Lot's of setup to the final show.
6. Yay some a
Ayesha (The Fifth Marauder)
Wow ok then...

A massive 4.5 stars

I've always enjoyed Michael Grant's books, but this was something else. His writing in this was intoxicating. The fear felt by his characters seemed so real. I could literally feel (view spoiler)

Least to say, i can not wait to start Light.
maha
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25/5

Okay, FINALLY everything is getting better and so much more interesting and I love the plot twists in this book.

Can't wait to read the final one!
vanessa
Dec 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
12 months after everyone over the age of fifteen disappeared, 9 months since the hunger, 5 months after the lies and 4 months after the devastating plague. The children of the FAYZ are separating to the lake with Sam or remaining in Perdido Beach with Caine as the King. Sam and the lake council are well organizing in the town, but Sam is feeling bored about the fact that nothing dramatic has occured at the lake for four long months. Little does he knew, something far worse than Drake or Caine is ...more
Thomas Edmund
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read the earlier novels in this series (I was quite surprised to see there are quite a few) but when I read the blurb I got pretty worried I was getting into a YA 'Lord of the Flies' novel where teenages would whine, form love triangles, whine some more, then have all their problems solved by realising growing up isn't so bad.

Got this one pretty wrong.

The world Grant creates 'under the dome' (aside from being better than Stephen King) is grim, gruesome, and hard hitting. Fear is defini
Mary
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amanda
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The darkest (in more ways than one) and most disturbing of the series so far. This series is fantastic and I’m so glad I finally got around to reading it.
hayden
Nov 05, 2010 marked it as own-it-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Dude . . . no offense to Michael Grant or anything, but his design team has some problems. I mean, yeah, the smoke is kind of cool, but everything else about this cover just screams "NO!" A couple of broody-looking teenagers standing there with wide eyes and action-y stances is just not attractive. Can you put something on the cover that has something to do with the inside contents?

This series is really starting to bug me. I mean, I wasn't that all entranced during the first two, and now I'm sta
Feb 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-dystopia
The Good: Something wonderful happened in this book - we got a line to the outside world! The chapters have rotate different characters perspectives and in Fear, we got full chapters of Sam and Caine's mother. We got to know what happened to those who aged out. We know how the world is reacting. We know what's going on with the military and the scientists. It was amazing. I never cared about the Diana story line before. Shes never been very important. But, whoa boy, did she become pivotal quick. ...more
Chloe
Jun 27, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I cant wait for this book to come out!!! I hope that Caine starts going out with Astrid and Sam starts going out with Diana. Then the brothers both get really mad at each other for it and the girls have to save everyone!! I do hope that nothing happens to Diana's baby. I think she made the right decision by leaving Caine and going with Sam. Although I'm sure Caine may try to force her to come back. ...more
Nina
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOvED THIS BOOK!
Cherie
The weakest story of the series so far, as far as I am concerned.
I do not understand the point of some of the things that happened.
Oh, well, no one cares what I think. Onto the last book.
Dear Gone fans: How old are you? 159 459 Feb 04, 2020 07:57AM
Characters on cover!?!?!?!?! 31 186 Nov 07, 2015 08:48AM
Character You Would Want to be? 15 53 Apr 21, 2015 05:42AM
Is anyone kinda scarred from the Gone books? (if you know what I am talking about) 11 64 Nov 16, 2014 06:36AM
Goodreads Librari...: Publisher for Fear 2 24 Jun 26, 2014 02:19AM
what to read next ? 3 25 Jan 23, 2014 04:05AM

• The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3)
  • Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3)
  • The Enemy (The Enemy, #1)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • Nevermore (Maximum Ride, #8)
  • The Fear (The Enemy, #3)
  • The Death Cure (The Maze Runner, #3)
  • The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
  • The Dead (The Enemy, #2)
  • The Sacrifice (The Enemy #4)
  • The End (The Enemy, #7)
  • The Kill Order (The Maze Runner, #4)
  • The Fallen (The Enemy #5)
  • Itch Rocks (Itch, #2)
  • The Hunted (The Enemy #6)
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5)
  • Thirteen (Adam Grant, #1)
Co-author with Katherine Applegate of Ocean City, Making Out, Summer, Animorphs, Everworld, Remnants, Eve and Adam.

Pseudonymous coauthor with KA of Christy (the TV spin-off books), Sweet Valley Twins, Girl Talk and various Disney spin-offs.

Pseudonymous author of Barf-O-Rama.

Author of Gone, BZRK, The Magnificent 12, Messenger of Fear, Front Lines, Monster and A Sudden Death in Cyprus.

AKA Michae