Start by marking “He Found Me (He Found Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
He Found Me (He Found Me, #1)

He Found Me

(He Found Me #1)

When I was seventeen, I disappeared. I walked out the door of my apartment with a backpack and never looked back. I left the life of Cora Mitchell behind, seeking freedom from my real-life nightmare.

But my freedom came with a cost. I lived a fictitious life for the next six years, never letting anyone close enough to see underneath the façade that was Andra Walker.

I was co
Paperback
Published May 28th 2014 (first published May 2014)

To ask other readers questions about He Found Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He Found Me

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3 stars!

description

About a few days ago I saw this book go free and thought it must’ve been a sign from the universe telling me to read it as I was intrigued by the blurb and was just waiting for a price drop. I wasn’t really wowed over by the story or characters but one thing’s clear: I would not be opposed to reading more books from this author. She has a very easy to get into writing style and this book was a great ‘taste test’ for me. My main problems were with the plot content and not author technical
Christie«SHBBblogger»
This book is temporarily free on Amazon. It's a fantastic freebie. I really recommend snatching it up!

**ARC generously provided by author for an honest review**

Title:He Found Me
Series:He Found Me #1
Author: Whitney Barbetti
Release Date: May 28, 2014
Rating:4.5 stars
Cliffhanger:yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

"My life was a series of real-life nightmares. But tonight, I'd leave everything. Leave Cora Mitchell behind in search of freedom."

I love a book with some suspense and angst
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
”What’s the harm in a summer romance?”

description

Our main character, Cora Mitchell starts this story with an exciting escape from her abusive and dangerous uncle. Her deceased mother’s old friend assists her in making Cora Mitchell vanish that evening.

description

Cora is gone, she's just a missing person and a cold case. Cora has been living and working on a ranch under the name of An
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5--He Found Me--Stars!!

The story begins with 17 year old Cora escaping from the abusive uncle she lived with after the death of her mother. With the help of her "brother", Six, Cora goes in to hiding and eventually takes on a new identity as Andra.

The story picks up seven years later. Andra is now living in Colorado and works on a ranch/bed and breakfast. There
Didi
2.5 TO 3 STARS

I know my rating doesn't imply I loved this, but at the same time I really liked some parts. In general, this was 'okay-good' and if I'm being honest, a little underwhelming. Maybe it's because I came off reading Nine Minutes, by Beth Flynn that my next read was doomed from the start. I don't know, but I'll try and summarize my thoughts.

The premise drew me in. A 17 year old girl runs away from living under years of torment and abuse at the hands of her gaurdian. Seven years later,
Sara

My feelings are conflicted with this one. Something was missing/off for me.
Cora left the "Monster" when she was 17. There's not much we are told of him except he sexually abused her for many years, and he is her uncle. Cora's mom and aunt are both deceased. With the help of her mom's friend, Six, she was able to escape, running through the woods. Always running through the woods...

Seven years later and she's in Colorado, working on a ranch, and going by Andra. She harbors the secret of her past
Anne OK
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
KAPOW! GREAT DEBUT BY WHITNEY BARBETTI

Holy Moly, from the very start I was gripped by an edge-of-my-seat intensity in this storyline that continued until the very end. Put romance + suspense together and more times than not it will = my favorite kind of story.

In her debut book, Whitney Barbetti has done a remarkable job keeping the momentum going in the impressive and alluring undercurrent of danger that flows through to the end. This is romantic suspense at its best -- and you’ll shiver with
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description...

A remarkable debut, I loved this book beyond words.

It was beautifully crafted and written. I couldn't put it down, from the very first word to the very last, I was hooked. Completely. The descriptions and character's and emotions were first class, second to none.

I seriously hope they'll be more, there has to be more, and soon. Please.

Whitney Barbetti
Apr 17, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Join my Facebook fan group (not a street team) for first looks at upcoming books, exclusive cover reveals, and giveaways!

HE FOUND ME is now only available on Amazon (ebook).

he found me

Amazon AU

KatLynne
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to KatLynne by: Anne OK
Loved this engaging, suspenseful, gentle romance surrounded by a gripping mystery...

This is a two-part series, and the ending left me in desperate need of the sequel...

ARC courtesy of the author
✦❋Arianna✦❋
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. – CS Lewis

description

Love is not a choice. It’s a force of nature.

Intense and emotional, He Found me is a fantastic read. It sucked me in from the first page and kept my attention to the very last word. A great debut for Whitney Barbetti!

He Found Me tells the story of Cora Mitchell, an abused girl who tries to find herself and escape from the Monster. The prologue of the story presents Cora’s existence at 17, existence because she doesn’t h
Beth Hudspeth
Good story. I want to find out what happens!

Checking out Whitney Barbetti!
Joan (official heroine hater)
Oh, WTF?? I had no idea this was a series/more than one book. I didn't even like it much but with that cliffhanger, now I'm going to have to read the next one to find out how it all goes down...sigh.
CeCe
This book had everything I love in my stories. I hope I give it the review it deserves.
A strong, kind heroine. A protective hero who know what he wants and let the woman he cares for know it.

In the beginning you are immediately engaged in the story. In the heroine’s story. The fight, the struggle, I felt it all.

SHE escapes the Monster. A Monster who has controlled her live for a long time. With the help of a friend, Six, she is able to escape. “Andra” finds herself working in a cabin resort. T
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Sadly a DNF for me :(

Reason: Couldn't connect at all to female lead, found her actions didn't correlate with her past. Found the storyline conflicting.
Amy
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
He Found Me follows the story of Cora Mitchell. For years she lived with The Monster. The Monster was her abusive uncle that she was sent to live with after her mother died. Finally at the age of seventeen, she sets a plan in motion and leaves. With some help from her mother's friend, she is able to start a new life. But this freedom comes at a cost. She has a new name: Andra Walker, and fake history. She never lets anyone get close to her or know the truth about who she really is. Her new life ...more
Debbie
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I Loved this book!! I'm not a big reader but when this little gem came along I could not stop ( well life did, but i read every chance I could)I loved how she was so descriptive and I could visualize it all. I enjoyed andra and Julian relationship and the mystery of this book. Way to go, can't wait to read more from you.
Lisa Gallant
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book cant wait to read more of this series .....it a must read love the characters so much
Debra
Jun 09, 2014 marked it as to-read

**ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**
Paula  Phillips
After Cora Mitchell's mum died, she was left with her stepfather aka The Monster. During her time with him, she encountered a lot of abuse and domestic violence. One night she had, had enough and planned along with Six's help to escape her life. All went to plan and Six after having her hiding for six months, sent her to live with a close friend and someone he trusted Rosa. Cora is now living as Andra Walker and living with Rosa on the ranch. She loves it there and is finally starting to feel at ...more
Julie
3.75 STARS

Pretty good. This is a story about a girl named Cora Mitchell aka, Andra Walker. Just barely seventeen, putting her escape plans in motion one night that took months of careful planning. She lives with a Monster, one of the worse kind. Having no blood relatives kept her in place with this man, children services turns a blind eye apparently.

Changing her identity is a success with the help of a male named Six. She took up residence in Colorado, on a ranch to be exact. The people there
Angie
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the beginning. I love intense beginnings! The story was a perfect mix of romance and suspense - my two favorites! I felt every feeling Cora/Andra felt. I finished this in less than 2 days, and if I'd had it my way, I would have read it non stop, start to finish! The suspense had me on the edge of my seat! I was reading it every spare second I could manage! I am very anxiously waiting for book #2! Fantastic book, beautifully written!!
Erin
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, favorites, new-adult
I LOVED this book so much. I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting but it definitely wasn't how it all turned out! I thought it had a perfect amount of romance and suspense all in one. I loved the chemistry between Andra and Julian. Everything was very detailed but nothing was overdone. I'm reading the second book in this series right away because I can't wait to see how everything turns out!
Ashlee
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!!!!!! I was hooked from the first page on. I love the way Whitney was very descriptive with her words bc I felt like I could imagine everything she was talking about. The only thing I hated, was the CLIFFHANGER! UGGG!!! I want to read more right away! I can't wait for book number 2!
Tara
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I ADORED this book. And I can't wait for more! At one specific part of the story my blood ran cold and I got dizzy. So well-written, so beautiful, so descriptive without being convoluted. Loved it. The next one comes out tomorrow, right?
*~*Btissame*❤*
Aug 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No One
I only have 3 things to say about this book:

1: I DID NOT feel any connection to the characters.
2:I really really struggled to finish this book.
3: I was boreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed
Imani
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 stars
Brianna Maddox
Curious to see what happens next!
Lisa
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE covers, especially covers that are as gorgeous as He Found Me . The cover alone had me wanting to read this book, it is just stunning! But that's not all, this cover actually ties in perfectly to this book. Looking at it now, after finishing He Found Me , I am completely taken aback and smitten.

He Found Me is centered around, the heroin, Andra. She is a feisty, quick witted, and all around badass chick. She comes from a dark and very sad background, so this causes her to shield herse
Giselle *Hopeless Book Lover*
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Giselle’s Review:

So you know right before you start a new book and, based on the cover and summary, you might expect the book to be a certain way or make you feel certain emotions. Well this book completely took me by surprise with the way it made me feel! In other words, I didn’t expect this book to be so unique and enjoy it so, so much!

On top of being a romance, He Found Me is emotional, INTENSE, mysterious, SUSPENSEFUL, and I am not exaggerating when I
New Adult Book Club: #1/15 He Found Me by Whitney barbetti~COPIES ALL GONE! 66 157 Sep 03, 2015 09:31AM

• Fallen For Him (Darkest Fears Trilogy, #1)
  • See Through Me (Lose My Senses, #1)
  • Something like Normal (Something like Normal, #1)
  • Smother
  • The Trouble with Paper Planes
  • Leverage (The Mistaken #2)
  • Seven Days
  • Twisted Oak: A Sexual Odyssey
  • Faith
  • The Circus of the Damned
  • Patient Z
  • Seasons of Sorrow
  • The Summer I Fell (Six Series #1)
  • Demanding Ransom
  • True (The Story of Us #1)
  • Beautiful Addictions
  • A Shattered Moment (Fractured Lives, #1)
  • Completely Wrecked
***Please message me via my website - I am almost never on Goodreads! Thank you!***

I am the author of new adult and contemporary romance novels. Please visit my website to see all of my current novels.

He Found Me (2 books)
  • He Saved Me (He Found Me, #2)
“This doesn’t have to be anything more than what we want, Andra. We don’t need to define this. You are warm, honest, beautiful, and full of wit. I appreciate how vibrant you are, and how you challenge me. I want to spend time with you simply because I enjoy being around you.” I heard his sigh. “I don’t want to suffocate you. No labels, no drama. Just fun. Maybe a kiss or two.”
“Or three. Or four,” I added.”
7 likes
“He sighed and moved his hands under water, linking with mine. “You are like a drug to me. Dangerous. Addicting. I can’t get enough of you.” He brought our hands above water and kissed one of my hands, linked with his. “But I want more, more than just a night, more than just a few touches. And I have a feeling that once we cross that line, you will run away.” 7 likes