Start by marking “Sleepovers” as Want to Read:
Sleepovers

Sleepovers

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  4,618 Ratings  ·  193 Reviews
Sleepover parties are the greatest – everybody’s having one.

Daisy is the new girl at school. Most of her classmates are friendly, except for bossy, stuck-up Chloe. When Chloe issues the great sleepover challenge, Daisy is desperate to take part. But Daisy has a dilemma. If she has a sleepover party, she’ll have to let her new friends meet her SISTER!
Published December 11th 2001 by Doubleday UK (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Sleepovers, please sign up.
Bee Daisy is fun-loving kid, knows how to deal with people and make friends. I would also describe her as person with a strong personality because of the…moreDaisy is fun-loving kid, knows how to deal with people and make friends. I would also describe her as person with a strong personality because of the conditions she has to deal at home and remain sweet and caring.
She may act shy when she is scared of Chloe, but I think it's just because she is a bit afraid to stay lonely and have no friends at school.(less)

Maddie (Heart Full Of Books)
Bee and I have been building up our collection of Jacqueline Wilson books for long enough, it's time to start reading them. This brings me right back to being seven years old! (And is definitely the root of the 'you can only have one best friend' mentality that tortured me throughout primary school!)
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
Jacqueline Wilson is the only way to go in a reading slump.
Joey Woolfardis
Read as part of The Infinite Variety Reading Challenge, based on the BBC's Big Read Poll of 2003.

Much better than some of her others, but I'm still not sure on her writing style. It is simple, but I think it might be too simple. The voices of the protagonists/narrators don't feel or sound genuine most of the time.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Shop | Etsy
Hil
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though I am 34 and this book is meant for 9 year olds, I really enjoyed it. Somehow Jacqueline Wilson manages to describe the experience of being a little girl so perfectly and realistically that it all came flooding back how horrible little girls can be to each other, but also how fun it was at times. The sad part is that even when we grow up we still see people acting like Chloe, the horrible little girl in this book. We still have friends that we don't really want to be friends with, and ...more
Nyla
Sep 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Daisy is a new girl at school and really wants some friends! When she meets a few girls that are good company and have regular sleepovers at each others house, things are going well until Chloe begins to use snide remarks towards Daisy because they both want Emily as there best friend. This makes Daisy conscious as she is part of the gang now and having a sister that’s disable that cannot walk or talk would only gives Chloe more of a reason to open her mouth and be mean. It’s great to have seen ...more
Graeme Syed
Sleep-overs is a tense political thriller full of intrigue, suspense and blackmail. If this book had been written for adults about adults it would be littered with dead bodies and it would probably end up as a Hollywood blockbuster directed by Brian DePalma or Martin Scorsese. However it is not. It was written for children, girls particularly so there is no body count. That does not mean the story line is soft, pink and cuddly.

Daisy arrives at a new school and makes friends with a group of four
Hannah
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sleepovers by Jacqueline Wilson focuses on a group of 5 young girls, two sets of best friends; Amy and Bella and Chloe and Emily, and the newest addition to the group - Daisy.
Each of the five girls stage a sleepover for their birthday, however, Daisy is the most reluctant to have a sleepover at her house because she fears the reaction of the other four girls when they find out that her sister Lily has a disability.
Aside from her fears concerning her sister's disability, Daisy also feels as tho
Leena
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lukuhaaste-2017
Klassikko! ❤ ...more
Lorraine Gaule
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sleepovers must be a relatively new book from Jacqueline Wilson because as I child I never heard of the book and I must have read every other book of hers, I think that the themes covered in her books are suitable for children in today’s society. The themes are transferable and depending how it is used they can be brought in to nearly every level of a primary school. The story is based around Amy, Bella, Chloe, Daisy and Emily are friends at school and have their own Alphabet Club (look at their ...more
Mery
Oct 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pesta Menginap (Sleep-Overs) ini bercerita tentang lima gadis SD bersahabat yang secara kebetulan namanya berurut sesuai abjad.

Amy. Bella. Chloe. Daisy. Emily.

Daisy anak baru di sana. Semula dia merasa takkan punya teman baik. Tapi keempat teman barunya begitu menyenangkan. Terutama Emily, dia sangatlah baik hati.

Diawali dengan Amy yang mengadakan pesta ulang tahun. Dan karena pesta menginap sedang populer, dia berencana mengadakan pesta menginap di rumahnya ketika hari ulang tahunnya... Acara p
Lauren
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daisy is pleased when she joins a new school and is quickly befriended by Emily. Emily introduces Daisy to her existing friends and together they form the Alphabet club. All five members of the club, have a sleepover party for their birthdays'. But Daisy is worried about her sleepover and introducing her new friends to her family.

I really enjoyed this book as it portrays young children's ever-changing friendship groups. Daisy describes her inner turmoil over her relationship with her disabled si
Siobhan
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wilson is great at making realistic characters that you can quickly come to term with, giving realistic reactions to events.

Her books are great at getting children to really think about actions and their consequences, really opening the eyes of children to the world. Some of her books are sensitive reads yet they are all great at sending life messages to children.

I feel as though Wilson books are a must in the lives of young children, a way of opening their eyes to the real world in the right wa
Elizabeth
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm 30, and I never read any of Jacqueline Wilson's books as a kid, but since several of them are on the BBC Big Read list, I thought I would check them out. I understand that Wilson writes a lot of children's books that feature families that don't fit into a cookie cutter mold, and I think that's wonderful. In this book, the heroine has a sister with an intellectual disability of some kind, and is scared of exposing her circle of friends (and one bully) to that sister at her birthday sleepover. ...more
Reetta Saine
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kakrut
Wilson on mainio lasten traumakirjailija. Samalla lämpimähköllä realismilla käydään läpi niin vanhempien avioero, kaverin kuolema kuin tässä - hiukan nuoremmille suunnatussa kirjassa - kiusaaminen ja siskon vammaisuuskin.

Opettavaisuus ei mene yli, sillä kostonhimo tai muu perinteisesti tuomittava tunne eletään rivakasti todeksi. Ihan dahlmaista psykoanalyyttista katharsista Wilsonilta ei irtoa, mutta ei hullummin kuitenkaan.
Brianna
Jan 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
My 10 year old self: This is another Jacqueline Wilson book, and this author tends to write about real life, bulling and friendship, and this is just that. This book contains many sleepovers, bullying, and hard desitions. Emily is wondering whether or not to have a sleepover with her friends, what will they think of her sister? And what about Chloe?
Leona
Dec 31, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
its great and touching 10/10 100% x
Katie
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
- Really well written
- Deals with school kids' issues and how to handle them
- Nice short story
- I liked how it included a disabled character (not many books do)
Katie
I think this was my fifth time reading this and I still rate it 5 stars because it never gets boring!
Fidia
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: th-2017
emosi emosi emosi karena buku ini xD tapi suka gaya berceritanya. puas sama isinya juga
Lucy :)
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*reread
I don't really like Jaqueline Wilson, I used to when I was younger, but as I got older, my reading tastes changed a lot. But it's been five years since I read any of her books, and with a lack of reading material, I decided to reread one of my favourite books of hers when I was a kid.
It was cute, and an authentic account from a ten year old's perspective, but the story~telling was weak, the characters were undeveloped, and I'm so thankful it's just over a hundred pages because I couldn't
Sabrina
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this to my 5 year old, but she never met her sister that was fully disabled in a wheelchair, as she passed away 9 years ago, but it was such a good story and one that I could relate to, and tell my 5 year old what her sister was like and after the story she asked so many questions.. this is good story for children to understand disability, and not be afraid of it, and understand that sleepovers can be cool where ever you are...
PuPilla
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-english, 2009
Kedves történet 5 barátnőről, akik egymás után ottalvós bulit rendeznek a szülinapjukon.
Ismét meggyőződhettem róla, hogy Jacqueline Wilson igazán nagyon jól ír mindenki számára, és nem csak gyerekeknek szól, viszont gyerekeknek biztosan meg tudja hozni a kedvét további könyvek olvasásához. :)
Laura Griffith
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my FAVOURITE book as a kid so even though i read it like 10 years ago, i had to include it in my 'read'. I've had the ultimate urge to read every Jacqueline Wilson book there is recently and this just gives me a little cloud of nostalgia🤗
Christina Packard
A very fast and easy read. Lots of lessons for the young to read about on how friends may act and how others respond. The special needs child is good to have been incorporated and is half the lessons to experience.
Mikayla
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember reading this book a lot of times when I was younger. I remember being a really good book.
Nicola
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First Jacqueline Wilson book I read, after reading this I was obsessed with Jackie and refused to read any book that wasn't written by her for years. HAHA
Tia.X
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is really interesting and it’s a nice book I would recommend it for 8- 13
Nana Akyeampong
Demi
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

Childhood favourite what a brilliant read. Will never get sick of Jaqueline Wilson books! ! ! ! ! ! !
Selina
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
5.5/10.
bully 3 9 Sep 14, 2014 10:58AM
  • Sunset Song (A Scots Quair, #1)
  • The Cruel Sea
  • Sundae Girl
  • Escape From Warsaw
  • Bad Dreams
  • Shrinking Violet (Diary, #5)
  • Angels, Arguments, and a Furry Merry Christmas (Ally's World)
  • Man and Boy (Harry Silver, #1)
  • Divine Freaks
  • The Sleepover Club at Frankie's (The Sleepover Club, #1)
  • Horrid Henry's Nits
  • The Silver Sword (Oxford Bookworms Library Stage 4)
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean
  • Si Babi Ungu Dan Cerita - Cerita Lain
  • Fairy Dreams
  • The Diary of a Nobody
Jacqueline Wilson was born in Bath in 1945, but spent most of her childhood in Kingston-on-Thames. She always wanted to be a writer and wrote her first ‘novel’ when she was nine, filling in countless Woolworths’ exercise books as she grew up. As a teenager she started work for a magazine publishing company and then went on to work as a journalist on Jackie magazine (which she was told was named af ...more
More about Jacqueline Wilson

• Every Day Is Mother's Day
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Breakdown: A Love Story
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Blaze of Glory (Civil War: 1861-1865, Western Theater, #1)
  • The House Girl
  • Challenger Deep
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Yellow Crocus
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Wildflowers (Glenbrooke, #8)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Mother's Secret (Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel #2)
  • The Great Man
  • The Vagrants
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Perfect Son
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Winnowing Season (Amish Vines and Orchards, #2)
  • The Feathered Bone
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    $12.99 $2.99
“Lily was strapped in her special chair. She sang, “Ur ur ur ur ur,” quietly to herself.” 0 likes
“Dalmations” 0 likes