Start by marking “King for a Day (The King Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
King for a Day (The King Trilogy, #2)

King for a Day

(The King Trilogy #2)

A NEW, DARK FANTASY FROM NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER, MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF

King isn’t who she thought. She wasn’t even close...

When Mia Turner’s life becomes tethered to a mysterious billionaire, who she swears is the devil himself, she knows she must break free. It doesn’t matter if everything about him—those sinful lips, those pale gray eyes, that perfect male body—keeps
Published May 4th 2014 by P&S, Inc.

Start your review of King for a Day (The King Trilogy, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
“Even if I could get away, I don’t know if I want to. I’ve fallen into his trap. He owns me.”

K:

King for a Day is book two in The King Trilogy by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff. I thought book one was suspenseful but this one had me biting my nails, gasping, clutching anything nearby for support, and basically freaking out. So, in other words, I loved it.

shocked

King is missing. Mia has no idea where he is or even if he is still alive. One at a time, Mia finds clues that bring her closer to understanding King. And
Dali
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first three books currently #99cents https://amzn.to/2GlPu0d (3/2018)

A both thrilling and shocking race against time to find answers and solve problems walking in an inexplicable man’s shoes.

For Mia, filling King’s sexy shoes for 1.609 km was as enlightening as it was altering. By King’s own insistence she learns of his past and his nature.
“All along, he’d wanted me to see the truth, the evil, the horrors of his existence, so that I might understand and accept him anyway. Scars, beauty,
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
22048812-2.jpg

“Because if I could dream of one thing for the rest of my days, it would be of you, the way you study me and wonder who or what I really am.” Why? “Because you never stop hoping. I can see it in your eyes, Mia. You never cease praying that I will turn out to be something other than I am. A monster.”

So this one starts two weeks after Mia last saw King and right at the end of the first book.
King has disappeared without a trace and Mia is seriously worried.
Following a trail that on the surface
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
God, I hate Mia. I have lost every ounce of respect for her. I mean, how can she? (view spoiler) What the hell is wrong with you, woman?! Argh, I just wanna punch you in the face, hopefully that would have made you think better!
Wangari
May 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Gosh, Mia just gets more and more annoying for me so while I love King, I am losing patience with the whole story.
Candace
Keeps Getting Better

This story just keeps getting better and better! With more of King's history revealed, Mia finds herself feeling more compassion for this haunted soul. Is he as evil as his actions would lead her to believe? Or is King a good guy that has been hardened by the events of his life?

Like the first book, this one will leave you questioning everything you thought you knew. I'm hooked. I'll be diving right into the third book in this trilogy to get those answers at last. There had
Sammy Loves Books
description

Mia is an absolute idiot!! I hate her and she is ruing what could have been a good book!!
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Better than the first!!!

I really, really enjoyed this second instalment of the trilogy. It went in an unexpected direction, King was NOT what I expected and I'm excited to read what is in store for Mia next.

Can't wait for the next book.
But do we really have to wait so long for third part?:( Not nice!

Rosebud
Mission accomplished. Mia's brother Justin has been found and is now safe and sound. Time for Mia to pay her debt to King - if only she could find him.

Biding her time, waiting for when King shows up, if he ever does, Mia is confronted by a member of 10 Club who informs her that King has outstanding contracts that need to be completed in the next 24 or he will be found to be in violation of Club rule 5. Violation of said rule will result in ALL of King's property being forfeit to the Club as
The BookChick
Just when I thought I had seen it all in King's, Pamfiloff ups the ante in King for a Day. The story continues where is stopped off in King's with Mia Turner looking for the enigmatic and frustratingly sexy, King who disappeared at the end of book 1. In King for a Day, Mia has to virtually become King to stop Vaughn and the 10 Club from taking everything King owns, including her. Mia's is up against the clock as he tries to be King and acquire the things that he said he would for his clients. ...more
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WOW

I love a book that keep you guessing. So many twists, turns and so much deception and pain. It started a little slow for me but I really enjoyed the story. I feel like the h is a little stupid at times but the story wouldn't work if she did listen.

Murder, mystery, ghosts and intrigue.
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*

"Why are you whispering?"

"Aren't you supposed to whisper when walking into potentially dangerous situations?"

"This isn't Scooby Doo."

When the last book left off, King has disappeared at the end and now Mia is desperate to find him. Not only is she worried somethings happened to him in the vicious hands of the demented Vaughn, but there's a new issue - if he doesn't fulfill his ends of Club 10 bargains within 24 hours, his warehouse of valuable items will be forfeit, including King's people as
Alisa
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhh Emmmm. Geeee.

So we finally found out the paranormal aspect to his book. Eep.

I really loved this just as much as the first book. We found out the back story to King as well.. and his true feeling for Mia. Oh and the scenes where he pops up in front of Mia. DAMMMMMN YUMMY

I just love the page count of these books as well. It's not skimping out on the story. Love the pace, the action, the plot, and the characters.

I can't wait for the finale in the trilogy. I need it. Now. PWWEEEESE!

WTH am I
Terri
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OK wow, where do I begin? King has disappeared and Mia needs to find a way to fulfill all of his obligations with deals and trades through the 10 Club. If King doesn't make good on his trades he takes the risk of them taking possession of everything he owns, including Mack, Arno, and Mia! Mia tries her hardest to emulate King and deal with the psychopathic Club 10 members while also trying to find out what happened to him.
Stephanie
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yes, I am a King addict. Don't judge me.....yet.

What just happened? So glad I bought the boxed set because I'm on to the last book...right now.
Paige  Bookdragon
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2015
description

THIS REVIEW IS FOR "THE KING TRILOGY" .

Let me be honest. This series is not for everybody. I won't recommend this to my friends here in Goodreads because if I do, this book would be filled with 2-3 stars and all the criticism for technical stuff. But why the hell am I wasting my time doing a review for a 2.5 star book? Simple. I'm crazy.

One reason why I'm doing this review: CURIOSITY IS A BITCH
One reason why I keep on reading (and eventually finished the series) is because of being
Natalia
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
MAGICZNA ...more
Liz F
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Okay, I'm powering through this trilogy pretty quickly. But it's such a good series and I have no idea what's going to happen next. So before I start Book 3, I want to talk about THIS one!

All the same characters, I'm just getting to know them a little better. I would say that this book COULD be read as a stand-alone. There's a couple of super brief recaps that sum up what happened in Book 1 really well. Book 1 was a seriously fun ride though so it would be a shame to read this book first, having
Jacqueline's Reads
May 27, 2014 marked it as did-not-finish
I tried, I really did. I saw this series on Amazon best seller forever, and I thought the previous book was fine, but when I tried to get through King for a day, it just didn't work out for me.

I got through 38% before it was a DNF for me.

I couldn't stand (view spoiler) usually I could handle I go trooper through it, but not this time.

I got frustrated and annoyed with a lot of the plot. I just wanted more direction, more secrets uncovered and
Charity
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
Own this one in the Boxed Set: The King Trilogy.
Indaya
May 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5.. This was slightly less interesting than the first one. I was satisfied when all the secrets were revealed, but the heroine was just a tad irritating.
Carla
King and Mia

description

Just finished this one and I’m already sad that I’ll have to wait till the end of the year for the final book.

Shit on a shingle! What a crazy ride!

First of all, I’ve got to say that I love when the authors release two books at the same! It’s awesome and good play I might say. Now I feel like I’m in so deep with this story that I can’t let it go. I’ll have to wait till the end of the year to know how it’s going to end this journey.

Second of all, this second book is better than the
Magical Reading Nook of Ahtohallan
So, we move on to book two with a whole lot of questions and only a few answers. We know for the most part that King might not be the big bad that we thought he was. Or, he is, and he is just really good and hiding it. For the most part this story took us on a roller coaster ride that didn't stop until the end and then left us hanging from a cliff. I happen to like cliffhangers it makes the reader give a crap in my humble opinion.

We find Mia on her own and without the aide of King. She got her
Marsha
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
(4.5 Stars)
While I really enjoyed "King's (Book 1)," "King for a Day" is much better. In this sequel, Mia is less whiny. Maybe it is because she is finally forced to grow up a bit. Who or what King truly is will finally be revealed and there is a lot more action.

This book begins right where the previous book ended. Mia goes to a warehouse owned by King. Once there, she is immediately confronted with Talia, one of the two evil women she met at Vaughan's soiree. Talia shares that The club is
Joymzz
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: unknown-list
Okay so the first one left me somewhat wanting the second book..... now that i have read this one i HATE the series. why? for the simple reason that there is always so much sexual tension between the two main characters but nothing happens between them (what is this TWILIGHT, sex until the last book?! -_- ) and something else that just irks me is Justin, that dumb bastard that kept lying to his sister why is risked her life for him!!!! NOW she has no future and i mean NO future with King because ...more
Gardavson
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, kindle
Again I found it hard to put this book down. I know many don't care for Mia, but I don't mind her. She's certainly no worse than many other heroines who rarely do the smart thing (otherwise there would be little conflict in the books). Again I felt as though it had the feel of KMM's Fever series, though the characters are quite different and the stories are different. This makes me happy, as that is one of my favorite series so getting similar but different is a good thing. I think the authors ...more
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Even better than the first one. We get to know what King is (which is great) but Mia will change completely in the end. It's a very unusual read and the author has her own peculiar style. A "like or hate" I think due to the confusion around what King is and what special abilities members of 10 Club do possess. But I did love it. Now, just chewing my nails waiting for the third (and last) instalment :-( I know, I know, it's my fault because I can't wait to buy a complete serie...
Cali Jewel
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
King is not who she thought. She wasn’t even close.

This line in the description is so true it hits the gut. Mia finds more backbone in this book than even she thought she had, but at what cost. This spell binding story had me so riveted that I read it all in a few hours. (and missed out on finishing a lot of house work, thanks Mimi.. LOL) Most steep cliff at the end of this book that is keeping me awake till I can read the next book.

Uvi
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
2 stars

So disappointing. Book one was pretty good because King had the whole Jericho vibe going on, but book 2was a complete mess. The read was boring, the plot didn’t make sense and frankly was not very interesting.

• Vampire Mate (Bloodline Warriors: Shadow, #1)
  • King of Hearts (Old Money Roulette #2)
  • Ace of Spades (Old Money Roulette #3)
  • Sister, Sister (Her Russian Protector, #1.2)
  • House Rules (Her Russian Protector, #1.1)
  • Blood of Gods (Vampire Crown, #4)
  • Vein Of Love (Blackest Gold, #1)
  • Three Deadly Trials: a King of the Fae Romance (Battle for The Dark King Book 1)
  • Hot And Bothered (Her Russian Protector, #1.3)
  • Defiant Queen (Mount Trilogy, #2)
  • No Light (Werelock Evolution, #4)
  • Two Vicious Kingdoms (Battle for The Dark King Book 2)
  • Spellbound (Bewitched, #2)
  • Blood Veil (Mission, #2)
  • Deal with the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #1)
  • Eternal Darkness (A Fated Mates Paranormal Fantasy Romance) (The Amagarians Book 1)
  • Black Swan (The Kingmaker Saga, #3)
  • A Fierce Princess (The Poisoned Pawn Duet, #1)
Because Mimi wants to focus on writing and her freakin' awesome fans, she does NOT monitor this site. PLEASE GO TO her Facebook
FAN PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MimiJ...

or her website:
www.mimijean.net, and sign up for her newsletter if you want the latest FREEBIES and news!
****
S.F. Native, MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF is a USA Today and New York Times bestselling romance author. Although she

The King Trilogy (5 books)
  • King's (The King Trilogy, #1)
  • King of Me (King Trilogy, #3)
  • Mack (The King Trilogy, #4)
  • The Ten Club (The King Trilogy, #5)
“Mia. I will never share you. I will never trade you. I will never leave you. You are mine, and I will not let you go.” 3 likes
“I couldn’t have been the first woman to hate him and want him.

And hate him some more.
After wanting him just a little more.
And feeling disgusted with myself for it.”
0 likes