Start by marking “Sage (The Evolution, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sage (The Evolution, #2)

Sage

(The Evolution #2)

Devastated by her choices, Candace Bristol is on the brink of losing it all: her mind, her hope, everything she thought she was.

But from the ruins rises new purpose. An enemy has emerged and it will take everything to combat this new threat. Broken as she is, picking up the pieces and carrying on might be the hardest battle to win, but it's either fight, or lose what littl
Published April 29th 2014 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Sage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sage

Kimber Wheaton
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, favorites
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Wow! I absolutely loved Evolution: SAGE book two in The Evolution Series. I'm not even sure how to review it since I don't think I really can without major spoilers. It continues right where Evolution: ANGEL left off, which was a bad place for main character Candace. I don't know how it's possible, but I liked this second book even better than the first.

Interesting characters, intriguing plot twists, and nonstop action make Ev
Jessica Surgett
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I don't even know what to say.....
ASFGKLKGLCNDRYL!!!!
Seems the only appropriate response here.
Oh and- JACKSON.

But seeing as capital letters and gibberish expletives do not make an informative review- I shall try to form a few coherent sentences for you.

OMG! (Sorry, but I'm trying here, I promise) This book made me want to laugh, cry, scream, and vomit. But in a good way- I swear! The plot is thickening and the ending...
THE ENDING.
GAH!
Fair warning here- set aside some time when you start this se
LeAnn
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"We're cousins... don't make it weird or I won't let you be my teddy bear any more."

I think I loved this book more than the first, if it's possible. Candace is picking up the pieces, trying to accept what happened and move on. Easier said than done, until help comes from an unexpected place. We know Jackson as the sarcastic asshole but in this book, we learn that sometimes first impressions can be wrong. There's another side to Jackson we haven't seen but honestly? I knew it was there all along.
Bee

Istyria book blog ~ B's world of enchanted books

I liked this one better than the first one, overall! I enjoyed it the whole way through and it's a very good sequel. I think the main reason for that is that I love the romance more than I did in the first book and there's just more happening in this one than in Evolution: ANGEL. The romance was without a doubt the best part. I love those two together and how they never fight about petty things and when they do have a fight, they talk about it and
a_tiffyfit
Review to come tour. But this kept me up loooooooooooong past my bedtime. Long past. I need to either pass out or throw up now. Exhaustion: it's a bookworm's constant companion!
Melissa Hayden
Candace is empty, of tears and more. She feels hollow inside after what happened in Evolution: ANGEL, what she had to do. Her friends and colleagues have been staying with her, trying to break through her sadness. Then Jackson s finally roped into staying with her. His harsh words hit home. Coming around Candace is assigned the wayward member of her team, to train and hone his skills. What Candace fins in him is not what she expected but maybe is what she needs.

The beginning tugged at my heart s
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

With the first book ending on such a brutal cliffhanger, I've been looking forward to continuing this series ever since. If you aren't a fan of that kind of ending, never fear! You can pick up this book right after that ending and keep on going!!

One of the things that excites me the most about this series is reading about these ordinary people who have been turned into superheroes with results both positive and neg
Brianna
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.*

After the brutal ending of Evolution: ANGEL, I couldn’t wait to get back to Candace and see how her story continued. When I finally was able to get back into the series, I found that this book was just as good as the first. There was romance, angst, and action in equal parts, and I had a really hard time putting this book down.

Candace did a lot of growing in this installment. After doing what she did in the end of book one, I
Adriana
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the devastating and cliffy ending of book one, I was anxious to get my hands in the sequel to one of my favorite books. Evolution: SAGE did not disappoint. This sequel brought back the sexy superheroes along with some kickass action and some new awesome super powers.

So this book starts off around the time book one ended. Candace is mourning the death of someone very close to her and dealing with the guilt of their death. Not only that, but those around her fear her power. It's not clear if
Doris
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in love with this series!
Evolution: SAGE is absolutely one of the best sophomore books I have ever read.
This is the follow up story to Evolution: Angel and is the story of Candice, a young girl chosen from applicants to become a real life super hero.
Book two picks up just after book one has ended and we are taken directly into the heartache of a girl forced to do the unthinkable in order to save those she cares about.
With a broken spirit, she has to move forward or face a fate that is unspe
Jackie -Sated Faery
Holy Yowza!!! This is even better than the first one! My superpower is obviously speed-reading because I flew through this! There was too much going on - I just couldn't put it down! I loved Candace from the beginning, she's hardcore and doesn't take any crap from anyone! But she's also down-to-earth and a total fangirl at heart. I also have a special place in my heart for Gabe - he's the perfect cousin and best friend. And then there's Jackson... what a jerk!!! But a totally HOT jerk, in more w ...more
Mike
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Many times the second book/movie/etc doesn’t quite live up to the original, and this is one of those cases where it manages to surpass it. Following the brutally gut wrenching ending of Evolution: ANGEL, Candice is left to pick up the pieces of herself and face two huge new threats, the minions of HEX, and her heart.

The story had a great pacing that balanced the romance, action, and everything else well without overdoing anything in
Elizabeth Otvos
WOW, this book did not disappoint. This book picks up right after the first book ends. I was surprised and drawn in all over again. I didn't think there was too much more growth and development to the characters but I was so wrong. The surprises and twists will keep you on you toes. So thankful that the next book comes out in July. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Trish
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not much desire to go on with the series. A lot of disappointment.. I love the superhero plot but the characters fall a little flat, and there isn't much originality about the story, and the hormones excuse just seems like, well, that, an excuse for a lot of sex. Not something I'd object to normally, but it honestly acts as an excuse and as a filler..
Jessica
I loved this one more than the first. So much is happening and it's all setting up for the third book. I love Jackson! What I'm really enjoying is the unique twist on superhero powers. In ANGEL it was less so, but now things are really getting interesting and unique. Can't wait to read book three!
Stacy
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Could not put it down!
Seriously -- I finished reading book 1 (Evolution: Angel) earlier today and immediately bought books 2 and 3...and I just finished book 2. Did I seriously just read the whole book in less than a day? Well yes, I think I did.
LOVE.
Cori
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I'm reading this now for the third time in a row. Great book. I don't love all of it, but that's what a good book does, makes you think it over, and keeps you thinking about it long after you are finished reading it, right? :)
Amalia Dillin
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic
Another fast-paced, action-packed installment, with a hefty dose of romance! I definitely just bought book three because I'm totally sucked in now, particularly after this cliffhanger ending!

Also I am totally loving Jackson. Just fyi.
Candace Selph
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to come
S.J. Pajonas
Promises to deliver on the action were fulfilled. A great follow-up to ANGEL.
Jenn
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great second book in this series! Can't wait for the third.
cat reads
For the love of God, can everyone stop snorting?

Based on research, it appears that giggling and snorting are the main forms of communication among superheros. Makes me wonder if pig genes are used in the experiments.

After about a hundred pages, the previous image of Candy changed to Miss Piggy.
Berey
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read.. still too much of "giggles" and "chuchles"..
Beckyjo8kids
Too much giggling and frivolous dialogue that went nowhere. I skimmed the last four chapters, not really caring what happened.
Rachel Barnard
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“If you don’t give people a chance to be better, they never will be.” (Page 375).

Evolution Sage picks up right where Evolution Angel leaves off, with a depressed and devastated Candace for what happened and what she did to Adrian. For weeks she gives up on everything, purposeless and wracked with guilt. It isn’t until Jackson makes a comment to her about moving on or giving up and she is given a new purpose by the facility that she is finally ready to move ahead with her life. A new threat lies
dumbells
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faw
Did I? Yup I went for it. Full 5 start.Not given in over 2 years and here they area. I am just that impressed with this book and this author.
In case I missed (I can't believe how), but these audiobooks are narrated by the author. Holly. Shit. The girl has some awesome talent. Not only does she write this amazing piece of work but she narrates it Like. A. Boss. With talents like those who needs superheros.
I mean the action, the drama, the character development and all of it just was greatly int
Hannah L (Reviewer)
description
As the second instalment of the Evolution series, Evolution: SAGE continues the story of a young hero named Candace Bristol in her adventures and love life. Trying to cope with the loss of her old boyfriend Adrian, Candace mourns and tries to move on; but it's not all that easy when her annoying team mate, Jackson won't stop picking fights with her and messing with her hormones. To top it off, the heroes are being subjected to new rounds of treatments to enhance their superpowers.
I found Evolu
A.F. Grappin
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't have been more pleased with this book. Huchton really tapped into the consequences of Candace's actions at the end of Evolution: ANGEL. So much can be overlooked when people make hard decisions. What Candace had to do haunted her, and it still does even once she gets past the shock of it. Possibilities and implications of her abilities are always being weighed in her head, and it's scary for very clear reasons. It's a journey we take with her. Even better, while Huchton makes the ment ...more
Danielle Young
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, like the first blew me away. Holy Superheroes Batman! Starla Huchton really knows how to write a superhero story.

This book had everything I wanted it to have. More awesome Candace (you thought she was rad in book 1, you haven't seen anything yet), more amazing Jackson (a lot more!!!!!!), more powers, more action, more suspense, just MORE!!!

Starla Huchton really vamped the story up with this one. Taking us to the next level in the world of supers. She introduced a new power to the mi
Fiorela
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Cow!!! This book was amazing, so far I love the series!!! Candance is a kick-ass girl, with strong principles, she is really a good person but sometimes she is a bit naive about what the world really is not everythin is white or black, so making tough decisions really make her suffer.

The characters are well defined, the plot is really interesting it flows easily even with not much big events, it is more centered in the relationships between the characters than the outside world, it is quite
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Broken Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #2)
  • The Stillness of the Sky (Flipped Fairy Tale #2)
  • Edge of Truth
  • Path Unchosen (Daughter of Ravenswood #1)
  • In Harmony (Fenbrook Academy, #2)
  • Oath of Servitude (The Punishment Sequence #1)
  • Never Let You Go (The Prophecy of Tyalbrook, #2)
  • Covetousness  (Havenwood Falls #4)
  • Moonfall: Tales from the Levant
  • Galilee Rising (Galilee Falls Trilogy, #2)
  • Pretty When She Destroys (Pretty When She Dies, #3)
  • Witch Hearts
  • Obsidian Eyes
  • Jamb  (Cornerstone, #3)
  • History of Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale #5; Elemental Fire #1)
  • See You in Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #2)
  • Shooting Stars (A Surah Stormsong Novel, #1)
  • Taking Back Forever (The Kindrily, #2)
Titles published as S.A. Huchton contain material only suitable for adults.
Titles published as Starla Huchton are suitable for ages 13 and up.

The Evolution (3 books)
  • Angel (The Evolution, #1)
  • Hex (The Evolution, #3)