Start by marking “Flawed (The Butcher, #1)” as Want to Read:
Flawed (The Butcher, #1)

Flawed

(The Butcher #1)

"You are this beautiful thing I want to destroy."

Blood.
That's the only memory he carries from a childhood he does not remember. And now it is all he knows. Blood is his life.

Knox Bishop has done a lot of horrible things, all at the command of the man who holds his leash. It's a matter of loyalty for him. Allegiance to the man who saved his life when he was a child. So he
Published November 10th 2014 by Phal Publishing (first published November 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Flawed, please sign up.
Razzy Ron -- Hoh! Hoh! Found it. The links don't work but it can be found if you go there directly.…moreFound it. The links don't work but it can be found if you go there directly.(less)
Chris-Wait-For-It-Awesome Hey Heather Anne, from the reviews above it looks like it. And from what I can tell, we don't have a publication day for the sequel. Bummer. I think I…moreHey Heather Anne, from the reviews above it looks like it. And from what I can tell, we don't have a publication day for the sequel. Bummer. I think I'll wait until the second books comes out(less)

Start your review of Flawed (The Butcher, #1)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 I Want My Mama Now Stars

Have you ever looked at something so beautiful, so utterly alluring that you just wanted to destroy it? That's what you are to me. You are this beautiful thing I want to destroy.

Do you like dark romance that have a redeemable hero that slowly succumbs to his inevitable love for the heroine? Perhaps an anti-hero that has what you'd like to think is a semblance of a conscience? Well fuck that and your delicate sensibilities! Because you sure as fuck won't fi
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
”Have you ever looked at something so beautiful, so utterly alluring that you just wanted to destroy it? That’s what you are to me. You are this beautiful thing I want to destroy.”

[image error]

This story is written with the povs of Lacey, Knox and Latia all of which were well done and disturbing. Lacey Barnes is a high school prostitute who has been turning tricks trying to save money for college and eventually medical school. She supports her drug addicted mother and her get rich
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
FULL REVIEW TO COME

"Brave, stupid little girl, you can't even begin to imagine all the things I'm going to do to you.

I have one request. I ask that before you start reading this book you have a look at my shelves, that's my one and only warning. If you're a fan of Francette's work like I am. Then you'll know that when you start one her books, you should expect a few things.

1. Angst (more like angst fest)
2. Drama (Family drama to be exact)
3. Tortured main characters (and I mean torture yo)
Jasmine
4 FLAWED STARS ★★★★

"You have this one fundamental flaw, Lacey. And that is your foolish need to control everything around you, when really, you are the one meant to be controlled, all you need is the proper hand to steer you."

I think one of the best things about these reads is that I can never expect how dark it can be, which makes it highly exciting for me before I dive in. It's easy to say that it's a dark read but there's just so many angles that this sub-genre could cover, whether it'd b
Clumsy Storyteller
What. The. Hell. Was. That!

This book just totally CAPTIVATED me,I LOVED it,it's one of my favourite books ever. Describing it as "Dark and disturbing" is an understatatement this is a crazier version of Dexter but i loved it, these kind of books brings the sadist in me, The dark side that i chose to ignore, This Author did a brilliant job in taking the reader into the troubled mind of Knox,I could feel every emotion he was going through, it makes me wonder if i’m as fucked up as these character
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
description

“You will always have a choice with me, Lacey, but you must be prepared for the consequences.”

description

“Flawed” is a dark, gritty and disturbing at times read that will definitely blow your mind. It’s not the darkest book I’ve read, but it was for sure a mindfuckery. a mindfuckery with so many dark themes. I think, this is the first book I’ve read that has so many. However, I can’t complain. I devoured it, I enjoyed and I want more! This author is not a new author to me, so I can say for sure
Eliza
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Title: Flawed (The Butcher, #1)
Series: The Butcher #1
Author: Francette Phal
Release Date: 10th November, 2014
Rating: 4.5 "I start to hum" Stars
Cliffhanger: Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo A62F0B7C-5534-46A8-8F44-1266898517F7_zpskufvhck5.jpg

To say I enjoyed this read is an understatement. Francette Phal emotionally took me further than I was willing to go without being prepared. I read the blurb and although it read dark, I wasn't prepared for how dark the story would go. I loved it and I don't know how to feel about that.

I am no
Heather *Undercover Goth Queen*
DNF@ 55%

Well, here we are again with another "dark romance." You know, the kind where the hero is twisted beyond redemption and then sees that one special gal who simultaneously brings out his darkest urges and desires like no other woman before. Ahh, bliss!

To no one's surprise, this book did not impress me. I shouldn't have read this (well, more than half) but that gorgeous watercolor cover sucked me in.

The similarities to Dexter are astounding. Like Dexter, Knox is an emotionless killer. Like
Candace
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Dark and Twitsted Erotica/Romance
I don't even know where to begin with this one. Talk about sick and twisted! I don't think there was a single character in this book, aside from Lacey and maaaaybe Tyler, that was not completely irredeemable. That being said, I love dark, depraved stories with an Alpha that you love to hate. So, this disturbing story was right up my alley!

Lacey is a survivor. At eighteen, she's had to grow up quick and is the sole source of support for her junkie mother and deadbeat brother. To keep a roof over
Jan
4.5 STARS

Dark themes are one of my favourite genres to read

Lately it has become very disappointing and I feel easily bored by them.

There are a storm of dark books available and it seems like lots of authors are trying to swim in this waters. Only a few of them are successful, in MY opinion.

I lost count of how many books I have started this year and decided not to carry it on. My reading time is precious to me. If I am not feeling it, I just move on: next, please!

Therefore I feel that I nee
Kitten Mercer
4.5 Disturbing Stars!

One thing I learned from Flawed: Never read a book this fucking awesome if the second book isn't out yet! But, hell,

I was so engaged in reading this that I couldn't even blink much less breathe for a second. It's raw and gritty and dark throughout the book! The hero and heroine are so messed up and flawed and I was invested in them!

Lacey isn't your average heroine. At eighteen years old, she's already been through hell. Having a mother who's addicted to drugs and a brother w
Selene

Lacey is straight-A student by day, hooker by night, and a future doctor to-be. She has a million and one problems and they all lead back to her degenerate brother and useless mother.

photo IMG_4551_zpsdodyrxtx.gif

Her POV bored me for the most part and her actions confused me. She was non-combative at school and repeatedly shied away from confrontations with a bullying classmate, but had no problem attacking a 6"4 enforcer and his assisting thugs.

I liked some elements of this story and found Knox's perspective
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Flawed
SERIES: (The Butcher, #1)
AUTHOR: Francette Phal
GENRE: Adult Fiction
RELEASE DATE: November 10th 2014
MY RATING: ★★★★★

5 Mind F*ck Stars

Another book that was recommended by a friend on here and yet again another one I loved!! BUT I really kind of don't have any ideas on what I sat down and inhaled!! All I know is that I loved it!! But ask me what I read and I have no freaking idea!!

I've not read anything by this author before *inserts wtf expression here* but after reading this
Kirsten
3.5-4 "The lullaby and the thrum" stars!

photo image.jpg2_zpsuwzf0qxe.jpg

Flawed is no love story. It is dark, violent, and depraved. This was definitely my scene.

Lacey Barnes isn't your typical high school senior. When she's not studying to get good grades, watching out for her drug addict mother, and keeping tabs on her older trouble-making brother, she sells her body. Being a prostitute is what she needs to do in order to escape her life. She has dreams of attending medical school, so she needs all the money she can get
Katie
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-reads

description

holy crap. WHAT DID I JUST READ?! It was so messed up and yet at the same time, so deliciously hot!

okay, so let me compose myself...let's start with the characters Lacey and Knox

description

Lacy is the quintessential tortured heroine. The book starts with her story; a teenager who has to sell her body for money to pay for her leaching brother and mom's various habits. You immediately feel for her and wonder just how much worse life can get for her- and then she meets Knox and you realize that answer is
Monica **can't read fast enough**
I'm finally posting my review!

Before I begin describing the trauma of reading this book I want to say that this is a 5 star read and this may be the longest review that I have ever written. I apologize in advance for my long winded review, but I can't figure out how to make this any shorter. Phal has created a world so dark and disturbing that it was truly the most emotionally difficult book that I have ever read. I took breaks reading this book because I found myself constantly on the verge of
Elfina Renee
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One, two Knox is coming for you. Three, four there's going to be lots of blood and gore!
 photo Slide1_15.gif
My biggest flaw... the greatest sin, was trying to save my family, but you can't outrun the devil. My brother's time is up, he's gambled one too many times, putting us on a serial killer's radar.
Hands down a five star read, now I'm anxious for book two. So good couldn't put down and even after the lasting affects is wow, spine tingling, crap in your pants, shocking!
Shanny
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abuse, dark
Wow.....just WOW this book was DARK DARK DARK!!!!!IT is not for the faint of heart.
This book had me on edge and I could not put it down until I was finished.I cannot wait for book 2.
I say that this story is totally f**ked up but in the best possible way!!!!
If you are a fan of dark,raw and gritty , this book is for you!!!
Beth
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Bad Habits Stars

I needed someone to hold me close and stroke my hair while reading this one. I needed my blankie, some chocolate chip mint ice cream, some potato soup and my momma. All the things that give you comfort because this is one disturbing read. Disturbingly Amazing. Dark. Hurtful. Destructive.

The story starts by introducing different characters that you trust are going to collide. But once you get to know them, you are hoping they won't. Some of them are not so nice. "Not so nice"
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
5 STARS!!

THIS BOOK BLEW ME AWAY!

Expect excessive quoting, I highlighted half the book.

Gather around my dark friends, this is a must read for lovers of sociopaths. Knox is high on my list, I'm addicted to his sadistic side. Well, I think all sides of Knox are sadistic. I'm in love, my dark heart belongs to Knox.

“Lesson number one, never expect gentleness from me here.” His breath is so harsh against my ear it’s like an insult. He grips my hair, fisting a handful around his hand
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆ 5 The Spider and His Fly Stars ☆☆☆☆☆

"I do sex for money. Money that I’m going to use to help me get out of this fucking cesspool that is my life. I can’t lose sight of that. It’s the only thing I have. I need to break free. Get the hell out of here and never look back."

photo PicsArt_12-20-01.18.46_zpsz8q6afw7.jpg

Lacey is an 18 year old, high school senior prostitute. She does what she can to survive the less than ideal life she is forced to live. With a drug addicted mom and a scheming brother to drag her down over and over, L
Crystal Moody
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***ARC in exchange for honest review***

Francette Phal makes dark erotica so sexy. Flawed has a very interesting concept. We have an 18-year old high school girl with getting in to medical school as her end game. Lacey reminds me of a saying "doing what you need to get what you want". It's a loose saying but the bottom line is the same. Yes she's a prostitute. She has a family, a bad one, but she loves them and feels a certain responsibility toward them. She fails to see, or maybe she's just afra
Willow Madison
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Knox is a yummy bad guy. He’s horrible and awful; he makes no bones about it either. Love him for that. And he has a great vault for taking all of his needs to a fab level of depravity. What more could I ask for, right? Well, for starters – more sex between the MCs would be nice. You would think a tale about an 18 yr old high school senior/prostitute and a cold-blooded killer/sadist would have more sexy times than this. Nope. Too much of the beginning was about her school schedule and messed up ...more
Simge
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Everything I do now is for her, to protect her. She is the only one that sustains me. The only person in this world I cannot do without. She is the one person I will not share. She is mine."

description

Here's me actually wanting to read the sequel immediately (because usually I take a break in series, meaning I can't go on reading several books about the same characters in one go) and I find out, there is none yet. Not even a release date. Or a name. Leave me alone.
♣️ Lynda ♣️
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Don't End it There Stars

funny wtf gif photo: noooo.gif

Lacey:An honor student prostituting herself so she can survive and go to college. Her family is beyond fucked up. A druggie mother and a brother who only wants to get rich quick. She looks out for everyone and continually gets them out of trouble.

Knox:A sadistic serial killer called "The Butcher" who is a lot like Dexter. He uses other people to judge his emotions and lost his mother at a very young age in a very horrible way. He was taken in by a Russian Mafios
Vixster
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I give stars too eagerly I know but I have to tell my buddies this is an epic read, five stars is not enough. It's not a stand alone but f**k me, you gotta read it if you like dark books. It's on another level girls seriously epic sh*t storm ...more
Natalie
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1 Flaw....the slow start!
everything else? BRING ON BOOK TWO!!!
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Flawed (The Butcher #1) by Francette Phal
4.5 stars!!

“Everything I do now is for her, to protect her. She is the only one that sustains me. The only person in this world I cannot do without. She is the one person I will not share. She is mine.”

This book is dark, disturbing, disgusting, distasteful, deviant, depraved, in fact everything a DARK read should be. If you have a queasy stomach this is definitely not the right book for you. This book is definitely not for the faint of heart.
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Jan 11, 2015 rated it did not like it

I don't care if the hero is a serial killer, a romantic version of Dexter, psycho wacko or a priest my only rule is that he can not hurt the heroine.

This fucker does exactly that so for me it is a NO NO!

I bet that at the end of story she is going to love him and crave his beatings....Hurray! for the domestic violence and asholes whose beat woman and choke them with their magnificat weapons! Romantic....

Trigger Happy
Seriously with that book I don`t know how you write spoiler free reviews at all!

Flawed is a sado mazo.
There, I said it!

This one also reminds me a lot of... yep, Captive in the Dark. I see that book everywhere lately.

The book starts with Lacey POV and by start I mean in the first page of the first chapter she is with a john, working Pretty Woman style. I am shocked she is a prostitute! I got a little excited with that start... what would be the rest of the book and random reviews kept popping i
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Empathy (Empathy, #1)
  • His  (Dark Romance, #1)
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Wanderlust
  • Facade (Deception, #1)
  • Mansions
  • Take Me with You
  • The Bad Ones
  • The Dare
  • Truly
  • He Hates Me (Hate & Love Duet, #1)
  • Jesse's Girl: A Bully Romance (The Mercado Boys Book 1)
  • Dubious (The Loan Shark Duet, #1)
  • Mine (Dark Romance, #2)
  • Sunday
  • Nine Minutes (Nine Minutes, #1)
  • Torn from You (Tear Asunder, #1)
  • Sordid (Sordid, #1)
Francette lives in Massachusetts with her amazingly supportive husband of ten years and her darling two year old son. Reading amazing books has led her to writing and she’s dabbled in fan-fiction before self-publishing her own works. She’s constantly thinking up new stories to write and does her best work when music is playing in the background. Romance is where she’s most comfortable but she hope ...more

The Butcher (2 books)
  • Carnage (The Butcher, #2)

News & Interviews

“If you ask me to braid your hair. I'm going to stab you.” 3 likes
“I will treat you like a favorite toy and break you simply because I can.” 2 likes