Start by marking “Conned (The Brannock Siblings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Conned (The Brannock Siblings, #2)

Conned

(The Brannock Siblings #2)

Conall Brannock takes his job seriously. He doesn't get attached, he doesn't ask questions, and he protects his family at all costs. Nothing will change that. Not even the sweet, green eyed witness that just burst into his life and shifted his world. He has one job to do; protect Emily until she can testify. He can't let his interest in her get in the way, but the more he ...more
Published June 17th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Conned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conned

Start your review of Conned (The Brannock Siblings, #2)
Sleepless Readmore
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 18+
ARC Honest Review

5 [NO WORDS CAN DO JUSTICE] STARS

Conall Brannock & Emily Dawson ♥

description

For starters, this is my first ARC and I'm so VERY thankful that it was the sequel to the Brannock Siblings series. Jessica Wilde ... I am so honored to be chosen to read one of the first copies of this PHENOMENAL book. She has done it again by creating a captivating sequel ... I can honestly say that I'm torn on whether I liked the first or second book better!

description

I've got you baby. Your safe now..."

Fighting it didn'
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's good but not as good as the first one. She needed to fess up a whole lot sooner. And boy did it take them forever to hook up.
Loraine Oliver
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
Conned by Jessica Wilde, is the second book of the Brannock Siblings. As in Leverage, this book held my interest from the beginning and if you have not read Leverage, I suggest you read it so you get the full benefit of knowing all of the characters from the Brannock family and the ones introduced in book two as well!
Book 2 is about Connal Brannock and Emily, a witness he has been nominated to keep safe while she awaits a trial as a witness for the prosecution. She is staying with him so he can
Erica
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Conned is book 2 in the Brannock Siblings series. In Leverage we got Ash and Luca's story; in Conned we get the story of Conall and Emily. True to Jessica's work, she kept me enthralled.
So per usual I'l just give you a quick rundown and tell you why I loved the book. Cause yes I loved this story. And of course we get our HEA with no cliffy. Just like adding the cherry on your perfect dream sundae!!
MmmHmmm let me tell you about Hot Conall. Being tall, built, with a firm jaw line and a bit of sc
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
Another great story by Jessica !!

I loved Leverage for many different reasons , 1 being the family loyalty and love and 2 being the suspense in the storyline. Conned comes along and has that as well and I was pulled in before I even started. We met Con in book 1 and I knew I wanted to learn more about him. Workaholic , manwhore , HOT , loyal brother , son and employee , how can you go wrong !!

Emily is much like the Brannocks , loyal to her brother so much so that her own life is in danger. Now s
Amy
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy hell! Jessica Wilde is killing me with these men. Conned was more intense than Leverage and I wasn't sure that was possible. I'm still loving the dad though. Lol.

Conall and Emily. I just finished reading this and I'm not sure I can get my thoughts together. I absolutely loved these two. Conall might possibly be better than Lucas from Leverage and I really thought no one would top him. But Conall definitely does. He has the same going for him as Lucas. Hot, sweet, smart, caring and good at
Debbie
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Both books in this series have been great. The characters are all so much fun. The Brannock brothers are hot! And yes, I'm including Lucas because he's family.

Conall is a cop whose new job is to protect a witness for an upcoming trial. He knew the minute he saw her picture she was trouble. Not necessarily bad trouble, but trouble for his heart. When he sees her in person for the first time, he's nearly speechless. She's beautiful, but he keeps reminding himself his job is to protect her, nothing
Kath Faller
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Finally able to read the second book of The Brannock Siblings’!
I can’t believe I was too busy with school that I forgotten about how reading a book calms me. People always say that reading a book is like escaping the reality. Like, reading is some sort of things a loser do with their time.
Contrary to their belief, reading a book is helpful. It give us life lessons, inspirations, ideas. And thoughts to ponder about life.
Reading always relaxes me. There’s just something about a good book at hand
Sherry Haynes
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What would you do for your family? At what lengths would you go to protect the only family you have? Emily had to make decisions at a young age to look out for her brother when her parents didn't care to even notice them. As they grew into adults, Emily still felt she had to protect him for fear she had never done enough to keep him from the bad influences of friends and environment. This time though, what she has to do to protect her brother puts her in witness protection and on a known crimina ...more
Heather andrews
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I sometimes found myself laughing over the conversations Conall and Emily had:
"Where are we going?"
We kept moving, but he answered her question as if it was obvious. "I'm taking you to breakfast."
"Oh."
"Then we're going to look at an apartment."
"Oh."
His voice faded and she assumed he was climbing the stairs when he said, "Gotta make sure my girlfriend approves of where we live."
Conall that boy has some caveman thoughts, "she thought I was just being nice? She had no idea. No idea that she
Hayley
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
That ending was abrupt!!!!!!

Well That Escalated Quickly photo ThatEscalatedQuickly-1.jpg

I'm just reading along...

And then BAM it's over...

What the hell!!! photo TheHell_zps01f8f8f0.gif

I can't wait for Gus Gus' story!
Cassie Caskey
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Conall and Emily

Conned is centered around Conall and Emily but still involves the rest of the family as well. The Brannock men are HOT (yes, including Liam)! Con is the more stoic of the bunch and takes his job very seriously when he is assigned to protect a witness for an upcoming trial.
Emily is placed into witness protection and, due to unfortunate events, is relocated under Con's charge. He will do everything to protect her because it's his job but he begins to have feelings for Emily. He fi
Jamie Sadler
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-books, aug-2014
Continuing right where Leverage left off, this story is full of action, drama and steamy scenes.

This time its big brother Connal’s turn to find love. Emily gets under his skin before he even meets her.
Emily is a witness Con must protect. She has already been found and attacked once and the Chief in
Denver wants her safe so Con is the only guy he trusts for the job.

I love how Wilde writes strong, independent women with attitude. Emily’s fire and the love Con and Gus
show for Ash makes the stor
Ginelle Blanch
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
She has pretty much nothing...he has everything she's ever dreamed about. Family, love, acceptance. She's in hiding after witnessing a crime that may not have gone down how it's been told. He is charged with keeping her safe.

Emily has secrets. Ones that put her life in danger. Conall is fast becoming her rock, her support. What Emily doesn't realize is that just because someone is family, it doesn't always mean they have your best interests in mind. Selfish comes in all forms. Will it be too lat
Jacquelyn
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Initially I was only interested in reading the first book in this series, Leverage. After reading the sample of Conned at the end of Leverage, I knew I needed to read this book! I absolutely loved the relationship between Conall and Emily. This book allowed me to see a different side of Con from what we saw in Leverage. The Brannock family is awesome! I'd like to know more about what's in store for Con & Emily. I am looking forward to reading the next book, Gus' story. I know there'll be glimpse ...more
Breanna Eichhorn
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is the second book in the Brannock Siblings. Jessica does it again with a very well written story that held my interest from the first page. This is Con and Emily's story. The characters are very well developed and I couldn't help but feel very connected with the characters. This is one book that I will be able to read again and again. I can't wait to read the third book. Jessica you are an amazing author.
Candy
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh so intense! I'm not sure but I think that this was even better than the first one! It really kept me on the edge! I love how well the two characters really seemed to belong together! I don't know what I would have done in her position. It is difficult to let a family member go and suffer the consequences of their actions. She just really wanted to believe.
Jennifer Senhaji
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading less than 24 hours after reading Book 1. Conall is the only officer you want protecting you if you are ever in witness protection. Love how his and Emily's relationship unfold. Hearing how much more empowered Ash, from Leverage, is was icing on the cake. Love these characters. Love this series. Off to start book 3. Don't bother me, I'm reading.
Laurie Halama
May 28, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book free from the author through the Good Reads - First Reads Giveaway. The book was a fast reader, but I have to say that it was very predictable. This book did not have any surprises in it for me. The author definitely has talent in how she can bring her characters to life.
P. S.
i enjoyed reading Conall & Emily's story unfold, but i still favor Ash & Luke's better... i liked the life long connection. ...more
Paola Joli
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a giveaway. It is my favorite new adult book for this summer by far and its definantly a must buy. 5/5 stars.
MomThat
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this and loved it! It was even better than the first book! I can't wait for the next book! Well done!
Tracie Redmond
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
omg I am in love with the Brannock brothers! seriously love this series and will post a review shortly
Joanne T
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy amazeballs! I loved it, what a fabulous follow up to Leverage! OMG I need to get my hands on Gus NOW! 10 more days... yay!
Glenda Bettin
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm really glad I found this series and author really enjoying it
Tricia
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book by Jessica Wilde. She does a fab job giving you laughter, sexy, suspense, and a family you want to adopt into.
Keara
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! Jessica Wilde knows how to give it all! Romance, humor and suspense!! I love when two people fight their attraction and when these two come together, it's explosive!! A must read!!
theBookWolf
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel like the cover photo for this book doesn't match the story because it almost made me think that this was going to be some angsty new adult book with immature problems and conflicts so I was pleasantly surprised when my assumption was wrong.

I can't wait to read Ash's story. I really want to read Gus' story too but his manwhore character in this book is kind of turning me off even though he is genuinely a hilarious character. I guess we'll see!
Joan Saavedra
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I like this better than the first. A lot of action and tension. Romantic. Simply romantic! I love those books you can let go of!
Lisa Daniels

Conned (Book 2 of The Brannock Siblings Series) by Jessica Wilde is an absolute must-read! I was hooked from the very beginning and refused to put it down until I seen those two little words on the last page. There's suspense, danger, family, love, and some sexual tension that you just can't miss out on in this story!

Conall Brannock is a detective, and a damn good one. He's never really settled down since the last who hurt him but never really thought about it much, either. That was until Emily

• Rescuing Kassie (Delta Force Heroes #5)
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops Inc., #6)
  • Tech Bear (Bear Patrol, #4)
  • Deadly Fallout (Red Stone Security, #10)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • Healed (The Found, #3)
  • Wrangle Me
  • Breaking Free
  • Charmed by the Bear (Bluebell Creek #1)
  • A BEARy Happily Ever After (Bear Clan, 6)
  • The BEARly Reluctant Grizzly (Bear Clan #4)
  • The BEARy Possessive Grizzly (Bear Clan, 5)
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • Geek Bear (Rescue Bears, #6)
  • Baiting the Maid of Honor (Wedding Dare, #2)
  • One
  • Winter's Christmas Bride (Seven Brides of Christmas #5)
  • Redeemed (True Mates, #4)
I live in Morgan, Utah with my husband, beautiful daughter, and a couple of spoiled pups. If I'm not deeply involved in writing my next book, then I'm probably reading in the safety and quiet of my closet. I love yoga – which I now practice regularly – playing hide and seek with my daughter (only to have my hiding spots revealed by one of the pups), and I love Fruit by the Foot, Twizzlers and Peac ...more

The Brannock Siblings (4 books)
  • Leverage (The Brannock Siblings, #1)
  • Missing (The Brannock Siblings, #3)
  • Protector (The Brannock Siblings, #4)