Start by marking “Administrative Control (Immortal Ops, #6)” as Want to Read:
Administrative Control (Immortal Ops, #6)

Administrative Control

(Immortal Ops #6)

No one knows just how powerful Colonel Asher Brooks is. It's a secret he's fond of keeping. As point person for the Immortal Ops, he has seen just about everything the supernatural community has to offer. That is until he arrives on the docks in Seattle to find a mess his men didn't make. Something big is going down there and it means business. His concern is for Jinx, a l ...more
Published July 22nd 2014 (first published July 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Administrative Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Administrative Control

Start your review of Administrative Control (Immortal Ops, #6)
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Sigh. This is more a 2, but it's depressing me giving out so many 2's, so I'm going to give this a 3 just for my own sanity.

This could've been excellent if it was longer and there was more character development. The author gave super neat back stories to Asher and Jinx, yet we're only told a few basics without the full story. It's like someone showing you a delicious dessert and only being allowed to taste the topping.

I have nothing against either character, and I quite like madams. It's the l
itsmeesahara❤️
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Asher and Jinx

A story about the mysterious Colonel Asher Brooks and Jinx, interesting pair to begin 😉 Their story made the Immortal Ops world very much interesting.. I just wish🙏 that their story was longer as they waited for a very long time to be together.. Hopefully more background story of Asher it was like reading a glimpse of who he really is... I just hope I get to know more as the story goes further in the Immortal-Ops Universe ... 😳
Tina "IRead2Escape"

Publication Date: July 22, 2014
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated: 3 Stars

REVIEW:
I love this series but was disappointed that Asher’s HEA and background on himself didn’t deserve a full-length novel. I felt this novella was rushed and thrown together so as to set up the upcoming storyline. There was misspelled words and some grammar issues. I think he deserved more than that. I am glad that I read this story due to the informati
iliana G
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC by the author for an honest review

ohhh my god i sooooooooo loved Asher's story!!!

Ash knows Jinx is his mate for over a 1000 years but he is dead on keeping her safe from him and his powers.
Jinx has no idea that she is Asher's mate but when he is close she finds it hard to resist.

When trouble knocks on Jinx's brothel Asher is ready to kill anyone who will think of hurting his mate.

fast paced filled with action and makes you wanna read more!!!

the only negative is that it was too
JodyL
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short novella

Short novella that involves Jinx and Asher. Asher is not all he seems. When Jinx is in trouble the rest of the team finds out just what Asher is hiding.
Gizzie
This was a good quick read that lays the foundation for more books.
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

Administrative Control is the sixth title in the Immortal Ops series (a series that connects to others in the Immortal Ops world). Jinx and Asher’s story tugged at my heart for so many reasons, their long love (centuries-long), the fast-paced action, and Asher’s protectiveness, in spite of his fears about himself. And there were so many times I really wanted to smack Asher upside the head for being such a dumb, stubborn man at the same time that he’s a genius in other th
Jara Beaubien
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another book by Mandy M Roth that I absolutely love.
Just how powerful Colonel Asher Brooks is. It's a secret he's fond of keeping. He is the point person for the Immortal OPS and has seen everything that could be seen. Now as he arrives at the docks in Seattle he is seeing things that are big and who ever is behind it means business.
His biggest concern now is for Jinx, a leggy redheaded succubus who calls the area home. He's spent centuries denying what he knows to be true, thinking he's keeping
Kristal Taylor
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: immortal-ops
I absolutely loved reading the story of Colonel Asher Brooks and Jeaneathea Isis Nevania Xenia. I loved the chemistry between them. The storyline dynamics and the strength of characters was freaking awesome.

Asher and Jinx has known each other for centuries. And Asher has always known that Jinx was his mate. Not until she was in danger would he admit it to hisself and others how much he loved her. No one knows how powerful Asher really is until Jinx is threaten. And everyone finds out what's he'
Jamoz23
Mar 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Unsatisfying on the relationship side but great on the overall background theme.
Really the worst of these books on the romantic side.
Asher finally gives us more information about himself but we still don’t know his full capabilities and are only given a short brief on his reasoning for his behaviour towards Jinx.
Whilst I loved the overload of intense and shocking information given in this short story and boy wasn’t it a doozy, the actual romance between Asher and Jinx just wasn’t believable.
A th
D A
hard to rate -- on one hand an ok short story (yes short story, not novella as advertised), info to expand series/spin-off/world but no real depth to the romance story or characters, kinda just surface -- he's known for centuries she's his mate but now she's in danger so he decides time to claim to which after some b*tching she's ok with & confirmation that he's not human but not made overly clear what he is/his background. Also it's just a short story priced way to high for what ended up gettin ...more
Ginger
Jul 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
I couldn't get behind this couple. In the overall world that has been built, staying away from your mate is tantamount to torture so I don't believe in the least that the H would stay away from h while she's having sexual encounters with others FOR CENTURIES. It just...doesn't fit with the description of the mating bond that has been built up in previous books. Another point of contention was that H and h had intense history, both together and alone, but none of this was really explained in dept ...more
Brandi
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loving the Immortal World series as a whole, but I'm seriously not liking how abruptly the individual stories are ending. Personally, I think $5-$6 is too much for how short these stories are, and I think the author is doing her fans a disservice by charging so much for so little writing. I'm only continuing the series because I'm really interested in seeing how the whole thing wraps up and how theses shifters find their mates.
Nanadeb
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Good, but very short on details.

We have no idea what kind of a shifter Asher is, or why he was considered a myth. Needs more of everything- plot, details, epilogue. Can he and Jinx still have off-spring or are they too old? There's just so many questions to make it worth anything over $1.00. Wish I hadn't paid what I did, but it was still worth getting for the progression of the series.
Tamye Whitener
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hardcore, intense action.

As with all the books in the Immortal Ops series, this one kept me enthralled, as the characters seemed to walk off the pages and into my heart.

One of my favorite scenes in the book is when Asher is fighting some bad guys while discussing his past behavior with Jinx. Wack one guy, throat punch another, walk over a blood-covered body as if they were nothing but bugs to be swatted out of the way.
Jenni Bishop
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one story I didn't see coming but one I am glad that Mandy gave us. Her writing always leaves me wanting more. She has the knack of giving us everything in a story to keep you addicted. With heart pounding action, hot and sizzling alpha males but with a%% kicking women you can't go wrong. These hero's and heroines and their crazy friendships and loyalty make for a great read. As much as there is danger I always find myself laughing out loud.
Wealie
2 stars - all a bit rushed and alluding too much to events in previous books. There was no real reason in why the male protagonist decided to claim his mater after he stayed apart from her so long, nor why she made a token refusal, only to capitulate to all his wants in the next breath - Cue mega eye rolling!!
Khrista Baxter
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Boss Man claims his mate

Things are heating up for the immortal Ops men in Administrative Control. The IOps team is in Seattle cleaning up a mess at the pier where Eadan and Inara had been kept. Jinx finds herself in trouble when Helmuth finds out she helped Eadan and Inara escape.
The team finds out what Asher is when Jinx's life is threatened.
Elizabeth Wheeler
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short but good

This story is about Asher, the I-Ops boss, and his mate Jinx a succubus. It's sort of a bridge story, linking the past and present. I love this author's work. She is gifted at world and character creation. In order to really enjoy the books in this series you should read them in order as they build on one another.
Chantell Reid
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Definite theme i have with this series is they are all lacking. For example. So much more could’ve been explained-should’ve been explained about Asher. His powers, limits, abilities, his past...I want to know it all.

While this was a great read and loved reading it, it almost felt like a filler. Maybe that’s what Roth intended since it is a novella. It just left me with questions.
Michele Henderson
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Colonel Asher and Jinx

Col. Asher is head of IOPS isvin Seattle for a clean up operation and has to see an acquaintance named Jinx about information he has had her getting. Jinx helped Eadan and Inara with a local thug and is in trouble. Can Asher get to Jinx in time to help her. Can Asher finally admit he's in love with Jinx? I highly recommend this book and series.
Theresa Derwin
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Asher’s Story

This is one shorter than most, but having read slightly out of order, it’s nice to find out more about Asher and about Jinx. Plus, with the cliffhanger, I really want to find out what’s happened to a character presumed dead.
Theresa
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Colonel Brooks is JINXed. (Sorry about that. Couldn’t help it.) This is just a novelette, though an interesting one.

We finally get a glimpse of what all the hints about what Brooks is and JINX is perfect for him.

Fave scenes: having to call their wives before going on a mission.
Charlotte
Apr 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Asher and Jinx, this could have been way better. Should have been better! They had 1000 years or more and I read this book and thought that's it? The book was rushed and left me wondering what happened. ..This fell short of most of the series books.
Redsky29
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
What next

So more mystery begins taking the story where is to be seen... would have liked yet again more back story on Asher and Jinx maybe moving forward more bits and pieces will drop.
Selina Durio
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jinx and Asher are an explosive couple. He has powers that he has kept secret as the leader of the I-Ops. When his need to protect her leads him to claim her as his mate things get even more interesting.
Renee
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Always good reading

I've yet to read a Mandy Roth book that isn't enjoyable. She keeps you hanging on to the end and then hooks you for the next.
Mary Birchfield
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Administrative control in mortal ops book 6

I love this series so good, it’s a fast read with alpha males and alpha females who love them. Interesting story line .
crystal smith
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Loved this book i cant wait to see how things continue and how the team evolves with their mates and children
« previous 1 3 next »

• Who's Midlife Crisis Is It Anyway? (Good To The Last Death, #2)
  • A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #3)
  • Brewing Trouble (Crow's Feet Coven Book 2)
  • The Fourth Power (Order of Magic, #3)
  • Midlife Demon Hunter (Forty Proof, #3)
  • Witching For Hope (Premonition Pointe, #2)
  • Halfway There (Midlife Mulligan #1)
  • Third Time’s a Charm (Order of Magic, #2)
  • Second Chance Magic (Order of Magic, #1)
  • For Whom the Smell Tolls: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Novel (A Nora Black Midlife Psychic Mystery Book 2)
  • Sin & Surrender (Demigods of San Francisco, #6)
  • Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up #2)
  • Midlife Fairy Hunter (Forty Proof, #2)
  • Curses and Cupcakes (The Happily Everlasting Series, #6)
  • Witching for Joy (Premonition Pointe, #3)
  • Dark Prince (Dragon Lords, #3)
  • Warrior Prince (Dragon Lords, #4)
  • Spandex, Spells and . . . Shadows? (Midlife Mayhem, #3)
NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author Mandy M. Roth is a self-proclaimed Goonie, loves 80s music and movies and wishes leg warmers would come back into fashion. She also thinks the movie The Breakfast Club should be mandatory viewing for…okay, everyone. When she’s not dancing around her office to the sounds of the 80s, she’s busy writing sexy paranormal operatives. Mandy lives in Oxford, Mississ ...more

Immortal Ops (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Immortal Ops (Immortal Ops, #1)
  • Critical Intelligence (Immortal Ops #2)
  • Radar Deception (Immortal Ops #3)
  • Strategic Vulnerability (Immortal Ops #4)
  • Tactical Magik (Immortal Ops, #5)
  • Separation Zone (Immortal Ops, #7)
  • Area of Influence (Immortal Ops, #8)
  • Desired Perception (Immortal ops,#9)
  • Carnal Diversions (Immortal OPS,#10)
  • Zone of Action (Immortal OPS #11)

News & Interviews

“Taking the I-Ops anywhere was a lot like taking a preschool on a field trip. Though Asher thought the preschoolers would probably listen better.” 0 likes