Start by marking “Dragon Moon (Dragon Keeper, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Moon (Dragon Keeper, #3)

Dragon Moon

(Dragon Keeper #3)

In the time of the Han Dynasty in ancient China, a young orphan prepares for a difficult journey. Ping has grown to become a skilled Dragon Keeper, but her greatest challenge is yet to come. After rescuing the baby dragon, Kai, from the evil Emperor, she brings him to a safe haven near the border of the Empire. Now, as Kai grows into a restless young dragon, Ping faces a t ...more
Published May 6th 2008 by Disney-Hyperion (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Moon

Start your review of Dragon Moon (Dragon Keeper, #3)
Ash
Sep 30, 2009 rated it liked it
I can't say I "really-liked" this one, how I wanted to, so badly yet it did not seem to live up to the same level as the previous books. I absoloutelty loved the previous books and I felt that the series was going somewhere exicting and I was hoping that the ending was going to be a little more - well (dare I say it?) dramatic than this. It's hard to explain but I felt the ending just didn't do the rest of the series justice as they were spectacular and I was recomending them to all my friends a ...more
Soon after escaping neck deep in a situation, this one last sequel brings chills up and down the spine. Not only learning that the person who helped them escape from a life or death situation, their savior soon becomes the traitor and hands their butts to the one who was after them from the very beginning. With twists and turns of the story, it is only sad to know that not everything good in life lasts forever.

I thought this book was quite interesting. It captured the essence of adventure as wel
Lisa Dyer
Sep 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
As a fan of all things Chinese, but not necessarily mythological, this trilogy blew hot and cold for me.

The first book drew me into the adventures of Ping and her dragons Danzi and Kai, the second book did not seem to take the story much further however this, the final book, was thoroughly enjoyable.

I appreciated Carole Wilkinson's research and her dedication to setting the Han dynasty scene realistically. I was particularly interested in the interpretations of the clues to the dragon haven.

At t
Shakthi Singh
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Response to Dragon moon, by Carole Wilkinson.
This is by far the most sad and deeply and in sighting book I have read in a long time.
The unusual aspect of this book was that the author made the story personal and very captivating to read.

What this book made me realise is that we are very fortunate and that knowingly and unknowingly we may be taking advantage of the things we say to be aspects of everyday life.In this the main protagonist has lost all of her enjoyments of life.
this made me feel
Elise P
Nov 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Elise by: Nobody
Jeff Johnston
Jun 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Overall, a nicely written trilogy.
Carrie
Feb 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Carole Wilkinson's writing style feels somewhat stilted. Her sentences usually run pretty short and aren't very complex syntactically. This may be because she's writing for a younger target audience, but it couldn't be too young because she certainly isn't afraid to write about gore.
While the sentences don't flow together very well, she knows how to convey ideas and emotions well. The nature of the writing made it hard for me to get into the story at first, but soon enough I was really into it.
Book Elf
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-bookshelf
Although the story spent mostly on travelling in finding the unknown Dragon Haven, I was inspired and elated at the protagonist's tenacity as a Dragon Keeper. She was young and inexperienced, the odds were always on their way but she never gave up. She persevere in fulfilling her duty to her ward and sticking to her destiny though there were offers of comfort and security in the palace should she chose to stay.

I also liked the conference of Dragons when they reached the haven. Dragons. Wow. Pin
Jazii
Apr 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone ;D
Recommended to Jazii by: ljh
I just loved this book and i want everyone to read it :)
It is a third book in a trilogy so i reccomend u 2 read the first 2 books first.
It is about a girl called Ping, and she lives in ancient china, han dynasty. Ping and the baby dragon are desperately trying to find the dragon Haven so that Pings dragon wont feel lonely anymore. Sounds pretty boring but youve got to read all 3 books ;D they are my favourites ..
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: youth-ya
The third book in the Dragonkeeper series.
I continue to be impressed by the ability of the author to maintain the integrity of a Chinese Fable type story through each book of her series. In this story, Ping has to prove to wild dragons that she is the true dragon keeper. This takes her on a long and difficult journey to her destiny, but what her true destiny is will not be clear until the very end.
Jayde Meng
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is really, really, really good. It was great, and it tied up a lot of knots. However, I thought the ending was... *bleep* It was horrible! It felt rushed, like the author wanted to end it as soon as possible, and the editor decided to just be lazy and not get her to write a better one. Later, I found out in the Acknowledgements that "there were some tight deadlines," so maybe that's why.
Jo
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: carole-wilkinson
It's kind of sad saying goodbye to this wonderful character. I've learned a lot from Ping. But like her, one door closes and another one opens...life goes on.
I suggest you find the "Lost Letter of Ping". It made me cry. It tied up loose ends before a new story begins. The story of Ping's descendant, the next dragon keeper..."Blood Brothers".
Emma
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Keshavi, once she has read the first two books
Recommended to Emma by: Leah
The part where (view spoiler) made me cry! The author has a writing style that leaves me hanging onto every word of the book. ...more
Trini
I know, I know. I labeled this book as action-adventure... so how could it also be on my the-insomniacs-list shelf?

Well, that's simple. This book wavers between action and then just boring filler things. One time you get an awesome action scene, and then after that you get heavy descriptions of Ping... walking. Travelling. Oh, yay. Am I supposed to throw a party over that? The action scenes aren't that great, too, to be perfectly honest with you. I thought I would never say that, but here I am,
Evan G
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dragon Keeper Dragon Moon is about a girl named Ping and a Dragon named Kai who have to find a place for Kai to live so he's not hunted down by the emperor. In the beginning, the emperor gets mad at a city that has dragons that bring them good luck and fortune. He is upset because he wants that and so he demands that the dragon be brought to the palace. He has his army attack the city because they wouldn't send the dragon.

Kai and Ping are the main characters in this book. Kai is an imperial dra
Sen Matsuri
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
As a stand-alone book, Dragon Moon is good, but as the final book of Dragonkeeper series, it is not good enough. Dragon Moon is as attractive... but I had expected more. (view spoiler) ...more
Teri B
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book brings the story ark that started in book one to an end. And what a story Carole Wilkinson tells in this third book.

I would have thought that by now I would have seen quite a bit of stories about dragon. These books take dragon tales to another level.

Luckily, I was able to discover this books in my local library as otherwise they are difficult to get hold of here in the UK. If you are lucky enough to do so, get hold of them. I would consider them to be worth a read for an age.

They are
Evelyn Fletcher
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have always adored books and book series involving dragons. This particular adaptation of the idea is not one I see often, because authors tend to write dragon stories taking place in Europe, despite the fact that there are so many different versions of this fictional creature. The characters are very complex, and never fail to surprise you at every turn. Overall, the series in general is wonderful, and I would definitely recommend it to any one who enjoys dragon stories as much as I do.
Jack
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed reading Dragon Moon. The finale journey Kai and Ping must travel is destined to contain many twists and turns along the way. They only have a map to guide them to the final destination, which Danzi wanted Kai to go. Old friends are met along the way, and differences are corrected. Also, some new people are met who bring great assistance to Ping and Kai even though many seek justice against them for not bringing rain for their crops. Along the way, Ping suffers harder hardships sh ...more
Leslea
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Am so sorry the series has ended. I loved Ping and her love and loyalty for the dragons. A great series for young adults or even me - a grandmother!! Great writing with some great life lessons for younger readers to learn and look up to.
Tricia
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the end of the trilogy. I will miss Ping and Kai. It has been quite a journey!

In this book Ping leaves the comfort of the palace with the princess and journeys to find the dragon haven.

It is a tale I would recommend to others.
Tracy Smyth
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoying this series
Fuzzball Baggins
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story. I cried!
HanHan
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG. this book is amazing but it is so sad T-T. i couldn't put it down and i am looking for the rest of the series.
Sienna Qin
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought the best part is when ping had to bring the baby dragon up to dragon haven herself.
Corey Holst
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good finish to the 3 book series. The characters end where they should.
Mia
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING! For those who just found this, read from #1, dragonkeeper. Absolutely hooking! well done carol
Katy Lovejoy
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Was more of a chore to read than fun
Isaac Trinh
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought that it was an amazing book especially if you like fantasy and adventure but if you are not a big fan of those, you might not enjoy that book as much as I did.
Nicholas
Sep 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Ping is basically the entire hero's journey arc.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Dragon's Lair: Dragon Moon 2 4 Apr 21, 2013 07:34AM
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Romance about telepathic girl from other dimension [s] 9 83 Oct 26, 2011 12:38PM

• Fire Star (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #3)
  • Dark Fire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #5)
  • The Fire Eternal (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #4)
  • Icefire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #2)
  • The Rescue (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #3)
  • Exile (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #14)
  • To Be a King (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #11)
  • The Golden Tree (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #12)
  • The Coming of Hoole (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #10)
  • The War of the Ember (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #15)
  • The Burning (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #6)
  • The River of Wind (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #13)
  • The First Collier (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #9)
  • The Shattering (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #5)
  • The Hatchling (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #7)
  • The Siege (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #4)
  • The Outcast (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #8)
  • The Journey (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #2)
Carole was born in England in 1950. Her family moved to Australia when she was 12. She now lives in Melbourne, with her husband John.
Carole didn't start writing until she was nearly 40. Before that, she worked as a laboratory assistant, working with a lot of blood and brains. Once she’d decided to try and become a writer, she went to university. She wrote a lot while she was there including her f

Dragon Keeper (6 books)
  • Dragon Keeper (Dragon Keeper, #1)
  • Garden of the Purple Dragon (Dragon Keeper, #2)
  • Blood Brothers (Dragon Keeper, #4)
  • Shadow Sister (Dragon Keeper, #5)
  • Bronze Bird Tower (Dragon Keeper, #6)