Start by marking “Dilan: Dia Adalah Dilanku Tahun 1990 (Dilan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dilan: Dia Adalah Dilanku Tahun 1990 (Dilan, #1)

Dilan: Dia Adalah Dilanku Tahun 1990

(Dilan #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  14,008 ratings  ·  1,481 reviews
"Milea, kamu cantik, tapi aku belum mencintaimu. Enggak tahu kalau sore. Tunggu aja" (Dilan 1990)

"Milea, jangan pernah bilang ke aku ada yang menyakitimu, nanti, besoknya, orang itu akan hilang." (Dilan 1990)

"Cinta sejati adalah kenyamanan, kepercayaan, dan dukungan. Kalau kamu tidak setuju, aku tidak peduli." (Milea 1990)
Paperback, Cetakan XVIII, Oktober 2015, 332 pages
Published 2014 by Pastel Books (Mizan Group)

To ask other readers questions about Dilan, please sign up.
Elvira Andarin8 gimana sih udh seneng seneng novel idaman disini tapi gak bisa di baca.gak sesuai yg dipikirkan dan harapa.
March Bangzaelani, maksud dari pertanyaannya apa ya?

Bangzaelani, maksud dari pertanyaannya apa ya?

Jika ingin membaca novel di Goodreads, sayang sekali tidak bisa, karena Goodreads sebenarnya bukan tempat untuk membaca novel, tapi lebih kepada sharing, review juga mencari update terbaru mengenai pengarang maupun buku-buku dari berbagai genre.

Cara terbaik baca novelnya adalah ke toko buku lalu beli novelnya atau pergi ke perpustakaan dan juga mungkin bisa pinjam teman :)(less)

·  14,008 ratings  ·  1,481 reviews

Start your review of Dilan: Dia Adalah Dilanku Tahun 1990 (Dilan, #1)
Adinda Mawar
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dilan 1990 novels will be considered only teenage novels that prioritize romance stories for some people who have not read them. This book is about a flashback of Milea in 1990. Milea is a high school teenager who has moved from Jakarta to Bandung. Milea has life as well as a high school teenager in general. Everything changed when he met his new friend named Dilan. The story rolled full of excitement and surprise. Dilan has every means to make himself happy. From this acquaintanceship, Milea ca ...more
Aurelia
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: indonesian
I read this because I was going to meet the cast and I was curious to see as to what everyone was raving about. Safe to say, I can't really relate.

Their innocent love and it being set in the past really made it stand out, but the former got really old halfway through the book. It just felt like a really, really long novella about how their relationship came to be. It feels like a series of short stories revolving the same characters bound together in a book in chronological order. It wasn't real
Anidos
Feb 26, 2016 rated it liked it
It took me sooooo long lately to finish a book. I could only read on my way to work and to home, and that way this book became ugly for I put it recklessly in my messy bag.

Anyway...

I read the second book prior to this, so I had known already how the story would go. Perhaps dats what made it lack of surprise for me. But still, who doesn't love Dilan? Because I do, and thank God I weren't Milea(view spoiler)~

Loved it. Three cross
Khadijah Nasir
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
simple & dreamy... ✔✔✔✔ ...more
Tuti Alawiyah
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I want To review this novel until 56 Page, the story is milea and dilan in the 1990. In 1997 milea recounted that. That time he lived in Jakarta, but in 1990 she moved To Bandung, she also moved the school in Bandung, and that's she met dilan, someone Who makes milea falling in love, with style and Way he different from the other. Milea's friends known him Who is naughty, join the motorcycle geng. He is naughty but he is funny, one time when he wanted To see milea, as she was studyng he boarded ...more
Tatania
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finally
After like 4 or 5 months, I left this book hanging and left it there with other books on my shelf, since I can't find the intention and the feels to actually reading this.
I just can't. Then this is it. One book and finished it in like 5 hours or so.
I don't really like the way the author told us about the story, well that's his way but it didn't sit well for me.
But it's still ok. Quite ok. Since dilan........dilan is.......ah. Dilan. Does he really exist? Seriously.....
Please someone....
Alfilia Sanjaya
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
CHAPTER 1: AKU
In this chapter tell about the main character as the fist person on point of view. Well , her name is Milea Adnan Hussain. She tell about her family especially about her father as army, and her mother. I think Milea from a good family. She from Jakarta but when she was Senior high school she moved to Bandung. Then this is how the story was begun.
CHAPTER 2 : SANG PERAMAL
The first day Milea went to her new school, in the road she met with an unknown boy and he was predict that she wo
Shafrilia
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
What should I say? That 90's people holds the best gene of all generations? That classic love story can't never get old? That this book is not the same like any other teenage love stories? And that although Pidi Baiq is a male, he could write very well, sometime I even think he was gay (I meant it as a compliment), as the first-person female protagonist Milea.
Oh well, I can't write any better review anymore. Just a need-to-read-ASAP book you should go seek in your nearest bookstore immediately.
Lyone
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
i'm not really a fan of local books (no offense) because they're too corny or too predictable and not so original for my liking and the plots are just not that strong.
but then i decided to picked this one up after i watched the movie trailer, and somehow Dilan's character caught my interest. and turns out that I liked it, it's not too dramatic and more real, and not corny. and for the characters, Dilan is the one that really has the strong personality here (at least for me), like he just being
Griselda Puspa
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Reminiscing to our high school time is a nostalgic moment for most of us. Milea and Dilan studies at a national school SMAN in Bandung. The story revolves around their school life and how they fall for each other.

Dilan is an interesting novel that evokes the nostalgic emotions about our high school time. I have a good time enjoying the story. I find that Baiq has strengths in building candid dialogues, developing the high school world and its characters, and inviting readers to be the narrator’s
tasia
May 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
I'm not sure why do people like this book. I started reading this book just because everyone is reading it. Reading this book is like reading my diary from my elementary school years, which to say, was really dramatic and definitely not a suitable writing style for a book. Not to mention the characters are either boring or annoying.

- Some rant -
(view spoiler)
Hapsari Darmastuti
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Hmm I'm afraid I was too harsh on this book, but I just do not really like it. First, the writing itself is very very simplistic, with very short sentences. It's so weird, even a children's book is written more detailed than this. The dialogues are also very very short and it reads like a script and not a novel. Secondly, I really do not like Dilan as a character. He is annoying, pushy, and his humor grates on my nerve because it is not funny to me at all. Some of the decisions the characters ma ...more
Sophia Anne
May 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Dilan in a nutshell: A pair of high school lovers trying to be together in ... school?
I bought a copy of this book, hoping it would be a feel good novel, bringing light to a moment.
And it did, it gave me few giggles here and there. It was a light high school story with some cliches: bad boy meets good girl who encounters rival mean girls who doesn't like good girl and uses it to their advantage with another bad boy who was a friend of the first bad boy and then on a different note the bad boy
Btari
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
am I the only one who barely stand this book? Duh, the way the author writes, i'm not used to it. it's like reading a transcript of some dialogue. and, i dont get the jokes or the wittiness many Indonesian teens are crazy about. well, maybe i would have liked it if i had read it in junior high (most probably not).
the characters are okay, the main characters have strong positions. it's only the writing style used here (and the jokes) that bothers me a lot. it was a miracle for me to finish this
Naomi
Jun 14, 2020 added it
I havent read the book, I came here to read the reviews before getting the book. I guess I hoped the book had a different ending (if only wishes were horses) Anyway, the ending broke my heart, I really don't understand how two people who were still so much in love could not end up together. The call Lia makes to Dilan is bittersweet in my opinion. The love they both had for each other, how much they still want to bask in a past that was so beautiful but can't go back. The memories they created b ...more
Chrissie
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Was reading this book years ago and I don't know, honestly. I've read several reviews saying that they weren't enjoying the plot, that this book is overhyped (well, they didn't completely wrong), and this doesn't deserve all the spotlights it gets.

But for me, personally, I want to give a huge credit to this novel! Dilan somehow has set the foot on a maximum perfect image of a high-school-boy-in-my-imagination. Massive kudos to Pidi Baiq for writing this, now I want a boy like Dilan. HAHA. On a
Aliflanya Maghfirah
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dilan is every girls' in the world dream boyfriend. With his chatty, witty but intelligent (not intimidatingly intelligent, but kind of friendly intelligent. got what i mean?) he could win Milea's heart by his funny trait and things he did. The story of Dilan and Milea kind of reminds me about my high school time. Reading this book will make you reminisce about the old time and how sweet it was.

Dilan, you got me smile and laugh and make me wants to see you, maybe in someone's trait or personalit
Marlyn Pardosi
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this when I was in college. When the euphoria about this novel is not that much at that time.
The story is easy to read, quite entertaining, and I was planning to read all the series, and suddenly BOOMM!, this novel has a major explosions at market, everyone talked about it, and tbh, I hate the movie, (actually the actor) so have no urge to watch it. I'm sorry.
((If only Nicsap was the one acted as Dilan, yea I'm that old))
Okay, I know this is not supposed to be in book review.
But yeah, th
Calla
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
read the book 4 years ago(?)

Despite all of the cringe pick-up lines from Dilan, I simply love the plot. It makes me somehow believed that they are real. Living in year 1990, realizing their feeling towards each other, falling in love, then break each other's heart. And here I am, still thinking this is the autobiography not only a novel.

Throughout the book, I can feel their emotions vividly. Sometimes, it was too painful to read, and sometimes the cuteness made you cringed so much. Pidi Baiq is
Kamila Muyasarah
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cheesy! With pidi baiq's typical writing (i'd say he's one of my favourite) and of course his kind of sense humour really do lit up the plot. This book literally fits to every girl in Indonesia (idk if it the same as for the boys). I'm sure, once you read it, you just can't stop! You're drowning but you enjoy every milliliter of the water that you drink. When you finish the book, it has been confirmed that you'll say "Aku mau jadi Milea. Aku mau Dilan. " just like other girl did.
Jessica
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3.5/5 star

I honestly love the vibe of this book, about the puppy love or maybe true love in high school, I always dig that cringey shit. I love the language used, the plot line, I also love Dilan and his opinions. But in the end of the day, Milea's voice and her thoughts ruin the book for me, especially when she tried to justify her indecisiveness to the readers. But I still enjoyed my time reading this book and I'm super glad this is my first Indonesian book
Haefa Azhar
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
"Don't judge a book by it's cover." Well, it happened to me. I ever read a few page of this book and I thought I would not like this book because it looks like a teenlit for me. Yesterday, I tried to read it again. And unfortunately, I FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK. I read this book only for three hours. This novel is so simple but it can make you wanna fall in love with your "crush". Dilan and Milea remind me of some people. Thank you and good luck, Pidi Baiq.
Fir
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read the novel long time before It was filmed. The story consists of 3 books with the third book tells the same story as the second one but with different point of view. Some people (who have watched the movie but haven't read the books) thought the books were teenlit while actually personally, I think they are not. The books are waayyy much better than the movies to be honest. The storyline is enjoyable and a great light-reading.
Ikhsanul Tajuddin
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Picked it up since i'm a big fan of Pidi Baiq's music projects. To be honest, the storyline wasn't great, it is just your typical high-school love story flick. Cliche and quite boring at times. But Pidi Baiq's wit and humor really shines through in Dilan, and that in itself made the book enjoyable.
Overall, great light reading.
Han
Feb 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Crap.

I stopped reading this book near the end because I can't stand myself to see the inconsistency use of language. The characters are horribly written, "ha ha ha" and "he he he" everywhere. I was hoping that the story is good, at least, but it's not. It's the typical cheesy romance story.

I don't even understand how this book can be popular at the first place, ugh.
Fiona Wong
Mar 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
At first, this book was going to get 3 stars, but the more I read it, I feel more annoyed.
I barely made it till the end, I almost throw it out from the window.
The jokes are cheesy and I don’t like the main character’s personality.
Maybe if you are a romantic person, you will fangirl while reading this book, but this book is a no for me.
Rizqi Sulistianto
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've watched the movie first, and then i read the novel. I like the story. And i think this is the best Novel Love Story from Indonesia. The story is simple. I like part of conversation of Milea and Dilan, it's so funny. It's recomended for all of you. Can't wait to finish reading Dilan 1991.

At last I've done reading my first book on 2018 ^_^
Alieya Husna
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I watch the movie first then I read the book. Im Malaysian ,before I read the book I felt a little bit scared as I thought that I may not understand the book but then Im glad that I could understand it .

I love how the pov of the book was Milea and how she explains things that happening really details that I could understand it well .
Ardy Damar
Nov 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Baru baca awal2 udh triggered aja gw..
Well, awal2 udh ilfil sama milea, really girl why u so silly??
U have a boyfriend n find new one u left him..
Well, walau sikap beni not gentleman at all..
I know your feel bro #teambeni
Ldr totally suck..
Ahh cerita tentang cewe yg bnyk cowo suka sama cowo keren yg lumayan berandalan dengan komflik2 manisnya.
Kisah cinta yg too perfect to be real.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Laskar Pelangi
  • Refrain
  • 99 Cahaya di Langit Eropa: Perjalanan Menapak Jejak Islam di Eropa
  • Manusia Setengah Salmon
Pidi Baiq adalah seorang seniman yang punya banyak kelebihan. Selain sebagai seorang musisi dan pencipta lagu, ia juga seorang penulis, ilustrator, pengajar dan komikus.
Pidi Baiq mengaku imigran dari surga yang diselundupkan ke Bumi oleh ayahnya di Kamar Pengantin dan tegang.

Dilan (3 books)
  • Dilan Bagian Kedua: Dia Adalah Dilanku Tahun 1991
  • Milea: Suara Dari Dilan

News & Interviews

“Aku ingin pacaran dengan orang yang dia tahu hal yang aku sukai tanpa perlu kuberitahu, yang membuktikan kepadaku bahwa cinta itu ada tetapi bukan oleh apa yang dikatakannya melainkan oleh sikap dan perbuatannya.” 95 likes
“Cinta sejati adalah kenyamanan, kepercayaan, dan dukungan. Kalau kamu tidak setuju, aku tidak peduli.” 93 likes