Start by marking “Red & Wolfe, Part One (Red & Wolfe, #1)” as Want to Read:
Red & Wolfe, Part One (Red & Wolfe, #1)

Red & Wolfe, Part One (Red & Wolfe #1)

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  3,393 Ratings  ·  434 Reviews
When Sarah "Red" Ryder loses her job as an art critic for a Boston newspaper, she's brokenhearted. Worse than that? She's broke. Her boyfriend recently left her - for a tatted-up hottie with a dick - so she's stuck paying her hefty apartment rent alone. After two months unemployed, there's no money left. With no immediate family to turn to, Red reaches out to her estranged ...more
52 pages
Published May 5th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Red & Wolfe, Part One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red & Wolfe, Part One

Mysza
Jul 24, 2014 Mysza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Well..... that was quick and interesting. We meet Red, she is broke, lost her job, her boyfriend left her, generally she's not in a good place right now. She desperately needs help and reaches to her estranged grandmother. She gets an answer, one word:
"COME."
So she goes... to vist her grandmother....far far away....on the Island..... But instead of her grandma, she is welcomed by BIG. BAD. WOLF. He is tall, dark and hansome. And sinfully sexy asshole, who manipulated her into coming to an Is
Christy
May 04, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: cliffhangers
4 Stars!

photo 20038812-692d-4570-ad3d-1e619feed143_zps42a1ca34.jpg

Red & Wolfe is a short novella about a girl named Red. She's having a hard time. After losing her mother, her boyfriend and her job, she's getting desperate. So desperate she seeks out a grandmother she's never met. She goes to visit this grandmother on her island in SC only to discover James 'Race' Wolfe.

I loved that this novella had some humor to it. It also had some sexy at the end. I'm excited to see where the story goes in part 2 and I'm grateful it's out in a few weeks!

Red &
Shurrn
LOVED THIS!
Fucking hell, I’m rocked by her surprises. For starters: the little redhead makes my dick hard. The righteous outrage. I’m glad I pissed her off. How fucking sexy is that mouth when she’s using it to slap me around?
I absolutely loved this short story and I look forward to reading the next installment of Red & Wolfe.

I fell in love with Red...

SARAH RYDER
AKA Red
She wants me. She may not like me, but she fucking wants me just like I want her.
Red is having a shitty time. She
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4 Short and sweet Red meets the Big bad Wolfe stars

photo E2569AC9-EF1A-4DE4-861D-FB7585A987C3_zpsmv0qaswv.jpg

Sarah known as Red is an art critic at a Boston newspaper, she's good at her job, she loves writing she thrives when she writes and loves being part of a team, and well she loves Art. But she loses her job and quickly learns what it's like to be broke. Her boyfriend has also left her to be with a man yes he's leaving her gorgeous Red hair, red lips, freckles, beautiful even if she doesn't think it- I felt her beauty from within when reading her
Michelle
May 05, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Red & Wolfe is a novella only available within the Anthology from the authors of The Erotic Consortium. The anthology will be available for a limited time. Bend.

Screenshot_4

Sarah 'Red' is struggling to survive in the big bad city. Down to just the last few hundred dollars and selling everything she can, shy of a kidney; she reaches out to her Grandmother (a woman she's never met). When she arrives she's not greeted by her Grandmother, but a man... an attractive man. James 'Race' Wolfe has been in seclu
Wendy'sThoughts
May 06, 2014 Wendy'sThoughts rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ella James Fans, Romance
4.5 Sexually Charged FairyTale Stars * * * *

Most of us growing up had some type fairy tales read to us...they were ways to impart lessons... written long ago by those who thought they knew best. I don't need to list them all but in this tale by Ella James, there is the structure of Little Red Ridding- hood and the Big Bad Wolf.... and boy, oh boy, does Ella work it.

We find our modern day Red in a pickle.... she is living in Boston; recently lost her newspaper position writing about the Arts. Her
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
May 07, 2014 aksana - 4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 - rated it really liked it
Shelves: serials
4.5 Stars

Sarah aka Red is struggling with life at the moment. She lost her job and her boyfriend to another man and has no money.

Even though she desperately searches for a job, she realizes pretty fast:

Since her mother is dead her last chance is her estranged grandmother. She never met her. Somehow her mother and grandmother didn't get along well. But she is too proud to contact her.

Dear Gertrude,
I know you don’t know me, but I know you. Aaaaand I sound like a stalker.

But on one night full
Mariℓina
May 27, 2014 Mariℓina rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Red and Wolfe, is the first fairy-tale told in a dirty, absolutely sexy, dark and depraving way, by Ella James.

A contemporary retelling of the well-known Red Riding Hood that bares no resemblance to anything our parents ever told us about the little girl with the red hood, her grandma and the bad wolf..

You see you would love to be devoured by this wolf, James Wolfe. He is
a reclusive artist with assholish ways and many morbid secrets.

As for our Red? She is an unlucky, smartypants, with an affini
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
May 13, 2014 ♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥ rated it really liked it
4 stars!

My favorite one so far... I'll definitely be reading the next book in the series. Bring.It.On.
Brendy
Aug 08, 2015 Brendy rated it liked it
A FAIRY TALE?...mmm, let’s see, shall we?

Enchanted forest?--->Sexy lusty beach
Little red riding hood?---> A redhaired in financial crisis woman
Bad wolf?--->A recluse dark sexy Dom chased by his past
Granny?--->hehehe The wolf actually makes her believe he’s the granny!

THEIR POV’s?

ME?

THEIR UGLY TRUTH?...

SHE------------------------------------>HE
Manipulative--------------------------Money grubber
asshole---------------------------------beggar

BUT
She wants me. She may not like m
Debra
May 12, 2014 Debra rated it really liked it

★★★★ 4 Stars!

Review to come.
Didi
Jun 22, 2014 Didi rated it liked it
Very interesting start to a much liked erotic serial. There's an air of mystery here, as is often the case with island settings. I know things are just starting but Wolfe is pulling no punches, managing to seduce Red within minutes of meeting her. I really like the fairytale take on an erotic story so I'm hopeful this series will get better and better.
Jessi
Loved this novella, but...
Heather *live on coffee & flowers*
UPDATE: (view spoiler) It was so not sexy to me.

This is the second book (or installment) I've read by this author, and I didn't really enjoy it like I enjoyed Hansel Part 1. Not that it was bad or anything, but it didn't give me a thrill and I didn't care for the characters. I love the idea of Little Red Riding Hood retellings, bu
Jennifer Kyle
May 08, 2014 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Intrigued. Looking forward to reading more about these two!

Jen
Red &Wolfe--Part one, can be found in the "Bend" Anthology and is a short story. It is basically about a young woman who is very down on her luck and very broke with no end in sight. She decides to get a hold of her Grandmother whom she has never met, to see if she can go visit. Instead, she gets a major amount of money deposited in her bank account, with the condition that she go to the Island immediately where her Grandmother lives. When she arrives there, she has a surprise awaiting her.. ...more
TORI
May 07, 2014 TORI rated it really liked it
3.62 Stars

James Wolfe is as sinister as his last name and he's got his sights on a feisty redhead ripe for devouring.

Sarah is as broke as one can get and desperate to get back on her feet. She's got a rich grandmother she's never known. And reaching out to her is Sarah's last resort. During a drunken pity party she emails her grandmother and receives an invitation to come for a visit. But she has no idea what's in store when she arrives.

Because it wasn't grandma who invited her......

Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
May 07, 2014 Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-2014

This is so far my favourite in the bend anthology! and I want more of Red and Wolfe.

See the author did say - Part one. Would love to read part 2
Beverly
May 22, 2014 Beverly rated it really liked it
4 Grown Up Fairytale Stars

I loved this spin on the old fairy tale...

Red is beyond desperate. After losing her job, and selling almost all other belongs she turns to her estranged grandmother. That's when she meets Wolfe, and hot damn!! Just my kind of character he is arrogant and sexy as sin...the two qualities I love most in my book men.

This is a baby book, as I like to call them and I am not sure how many are in the series. I am definitely hooked and can't wait to see how everything plays out
Reanell Tisdale
May 06, 2014 Reanell Tisdale rated it it was amazing
Well shit that left me wanting MORE! This was fucking brilliant! Ella, when do we get more!?

This novella packed a punch! I finished and thought "where's the rest?" I need it like yesterday! Of course I went straight to amazon and pre-ordered that baby!

We only get 4 chapters of Red & Wolfe but I felt connected to each character and that takes major talent to be able to do that in 4 chapters. This was the first time I had read Ella James, and now I am going to go buy everything she has written
April
May 22, 2014 April rated it really liked it
 photo tbc_zps3461b726.jpg

Read the synopsis; THIS WAS AWESOME!!!!

I WANT MORE MORE MORE MORE, thank god the 2nd book is not too far away.

What can I say about the little tease we got of Red & Wolfe
 photo biteknuckle_zpsbd1545dd.gif

I AM
 photo images2_zpsc6536d4c.jpg
ON THIS ONE!!
Kara
May 07, 2014 Kara rated it really liked it
I LOVED this one. I immediately texted the "keeper of my reading calendar" and asked her to add book 2 of this series to the calendar! I need to read more of Red & Wolfe! I need more!
Eliza
May 09, 2014 Eliza rated it really liked it

Title: red & Wolfe, Part I
Series: Yes
Author: Ella James
Release Date: 5th May, 2014
Rating: 4 "Bite my Lip" stars

Fantastic novella about a girl called Red, down on her luck and becoming increasingly desperate she reaches out to her estranged Grandmother. Under false pretences she goes to meet her Grandmother but instead is met by The Big, Bad, Sexy Wolfe.

So far it's a blend of mystery and sexual attraction and I can't wait to see how this Tale ends up.

FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest

PJ
2.75 Stars

I really enjoyed this, but it was a bit on the short side and it could have used more story. (view spoiler)
Cam *is the worst*
Jan 01, 2015 Cam *is the worst* rated it liked it

First book of the year, and it was just what I needed: a quick, uncomplicated, sexy read for a tired and stressed reader looking for the perfect guilty pleasure.

The novella is part of a 4-book series and didn't provide much in its first 50 pages, except for a quick background of both the MC's, "Red" and "Wolf". I'm not gonna lie to you, the idea of turning Little Red Riding Hood into an Erotica book kinda turns me on and freaks me out at the same time. I guess it's the whole "innocent fable" thi
DKristin
May 16, 2014 DKristin rated it really liked it
Shelves: big-o-s, own-a-copy
5/6/14 - Ella James - Red & Wolfe - 3.5 stars

Quote Love: I'm not surprised at all when she jerks her hips up off the floor and comes with a guttural shriek. But I'm shocked that I come with her.

What I liked: Ella James can write her ass off!!! I need to read more by her. I think I have some of her stuff and it just hasn't made it to the top of my tbr yet. (As always!) I love the idea of erotic fairy tales. I liked the characters a great deal. I cannot wait to see this in a full novel!!!

Wha
S.M. West
May 07, 2014 S.M. West rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-reads
4 BIG BAD WOLFE STARS

This novella is part of the Erotica Consortium's anthology - Bend. This was my first Ella James story and I could hardly believe when it ended. It left me wanting….wanting more!

I really enjoyed this twist on the Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale. Sarah ‘Red’ is the perfect, modern day little Red and James Wolfe is one mighty fine big bad wolf.

photo Red_zps554e4803.jpg

I am so looking forward to the next part of this unique, erotic tale.
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
WOW, this short story was something....Typically I know that in short stories the relationships tend to move faster than normal. But, these two move at cyber speed, lol, and they don't even like each other. I can't wait what happens in the next installments!!!
Diana's
Straight up fun quick fantasy erotica!! on to the next..
C.D. Canaries: Red & Wolfe BR 5/8/14 100 59 May 12, 2014 01:47PM
  • The Devil in Me (Seven Devils, #1)
  • Use (Songs of Perdition, #2)
  • The End: A Dusty Futuretake (Dusty, #1.25)
  • Come (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #1)
  • These Men (G-Man, #3.6)
  • Can't Have You
  • Worth (Bend Anthology)
  • Pulse - The Complete Series (Pulse #1-4)
  • Plausibility
Ella James is the USA Today bestselling author of fifteen teen and adult love stories. She's an angst-a-holic who loves exploring difficult situations and the emotions of the people caught up in them. Also, smut. But always, always romance.

Ella's obsessions include vanilla cream soda, hiking, other obscure, crunchy stuff like rock collecting, and the antics of her 2.5 little monsters. (Monsters 1
More about Ella James...

Red & Wolfe (4 books)
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Two (Red & Wolfe, #2)
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Three (Red & Wolfe, #3)
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Four (Red & Wolfe, #4)

“I press my dick against her.
Reckless.