Start by marking “Breathe, Annie, Breathe (Hundred Oaks, #5)” as Want to Read:
Breathe, Annie, Breathe (Hundred Oaks, #5)

Breathe, Annie, Breathe

(Hundred Oaks)

There is an alternate cover edition for this ASIN here.

Annie hates running. No matter how far she jogs, she can’t escape the guilt that if she hadn’t broken up with Kyle, he might still be alive. So to honor his memory, she starts preparing for the marathon he intended to race.

But the training is even more grueling than Annie could have imagined. Despite her coaching, she’
Published July 15th 2014 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about Breathe, Annie, Breathe, please sign up.
Darlene
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Lola
Jul 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: If you like or think you'll like sports themed books.
*3 lovely stars*

Eighteen-year-old Annie is training for the Country Music Marathon, a marathon she wants to participate for Kyle...her dead boyfriend. A death she feels responsible for and one she can’t stop thinking about.

It actually takes a lot of pages in this book for us to truly know what happened to Kyle. The moment I was beginning to lose patience, that’s when I learned everything.

While she is training, she meets this handsome, sexy, in shape, swoon-worthy guy who she learns is her coac
Giselle
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed, arc, own
It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of this series. With every new book I fall a little bit more in love with this town and its characters, which I thought was impossible by now. What I appreciate the most is how even though it's a series, each book is a stand-alone with new main characters who tell us their story, and if you have read the others, you get a kick out of the familiar faces that return for secondary roles. I love hearing what Jordan and the others are up to, and they're all so grown ...more
Jennifer Armentrout
OMG. The feels. THE FEELS.
Kasie West
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's 1:23 am right now and I just finished. That should say everything. I couldn't put it down.
Angela
This was SO GOOD. Wow, I really did miss reading the Hundred Oaks books. I love Annie and I love Jeremiah and I love all the supporting characters. But I didn't love the ending. I WANT MORE.

Ughhh. I'm feeling very sad and deprived right now.

And I'm still bitter about the cover and the title. I would like them a lot more if they matched the previous books' cover and title.
Such a sweet YA contemporary romance! And I loved Jeremiah ♡
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Not sure how it happened that I, a self-professed mostly YA contemp reader, had never read a Miranda Kenneally book until this one. Believe me, I'd heard great things about Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker, Racing Savannah, and Things I Can't Forget, but somehow, I just never got around to reading one of her books.

I'm grateful that I was given the opportunity to be part of the Canadian blog tour for Breathe, Annie, Breathe, because it's fantastic. Annie is a seventeen-year old girl who is just g
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who enjoy mature YA and stories about sports
This book was everything. Everything and more.

Breathe, Annie, Breathe is a beautiful story about loss, healing and new beginnings. About taking some risks in life, about never losing the ability to enjoy the here and now. The story made me laugh and cry, it made me smile like a goofball and it made me clutch my kindle to my heart because it was just so cute and heartbreaking and wonderful. Basically, it gave me all the emotions and really, those are always the best kind of books.

We stick toget
Gisbelle
That cover :( Double yuck! The previous books in this series have just gorgeous covers. Sadly not this one. I hope it is not official yet :)

Let's play spot the odd one out:
description

March 20, 2014
Just realized that the cover has been removed :)

April 19, 2014
New cover is a lot prettier than the last 2 attempts. It still doesn't match the other covers in this series, but it's acceptable.
Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally
Frankie Lovely
dnf at 30%-ish

Maybe I'll rant later ... or maybe I wont waste my time anymore.

It's not the worst thing ever. Its really not even bad. But it is also not good. I really thought this was going to go a lot differently and I despise wasted potential.
Sophie
Breathe, Annie, Breathe tells the story of Annie, a 17 year old who is training to run the Country Music Marathon to honour her late boyfriend's memory. Whilst training, Annie falls for her trainer's brother, Jeremiah, and feels guilty.

This story may quite easily be my favourite instalment in the Hundred Oaks series, but I'm definitely due a re-read of them all I think, perhaps once Jesse's Girl is released.

The guilt that Annie feels for moving on, and for still being alive, is so real, and fres
Briar's Reviews
Breathe, Annie, Breathe is a great YA tale with a sporty focus.

I'm totally impressed that I finally found a book that centers around sports! It is quite a rare find for me, so I'm ridiculously pleased! As a former athlete, I absolutely love being able to locate a book that reflects my life. It's always nice to know that there's more books out there for us athletes. Throw in the fact that it's also a YA novel and you've got me really interested! The YA crowd, specifically, needs some books that r
Ari
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mixed
After so much time, reading a Miranda Kenneally book feels like coming back home.

“Breathe, Annie, Breathe” is a wonderful book…
I loved the overall story, the characters, the ending – which for me didn’t read like a cliffhanger at all (like so many people kept saying)… It just felt like a beautiful, open ending, full of hope.

Annie is extremely easy to relate with…
She is so transparent, her emotions so open. I can’t say that I cared much for her past relationship – you know, with it being ‘past’
Jasprit
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
"If you don't put yourself out there, if you don't take risks, you can't truly feel"

Miranda Kenneally is an author whose books I know I can rely upon time and time again. This last month has been my worst reading month ever, I think I’ve only been able to finish one book and books which have been highly recommended to me too have been falling flat for me too. So with the release of Jesse’s Girl just around the corner, I was itching to get back to Kenneally’s Hundred Oaks series, I have enjoyed e
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Currently, I have only read two of the Hundred Oak series and it definitely seems that I should remedy that because this series is so much fun. While a have a few of my criticisms, whether you are a sports junkie or not–this is worth checking out.

Annie was a very easy character to click with for me. I used to run long distance a lot two years back (now not so much because of school and homework and new interests, though I still enjoy running occasion
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
I remember reading the synopsis of Breathe, Annie, Breathe when it was released last year and thinking... meh, not for me. First, it's about running (yawn) and secondly, it looks too sweet/"clean teen" for my taste. But a couple weeks ago my GoodReads friend Laura gave it a glowing review and it was enough to sway me. And I'm so glad it did.

Breathe, Annie, Breathe was *so* much more than I was expecting. One of those books that takes you by surprise - in the very best way. The cover is deceiving
sue
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it

This is a touching, emotional ride that you go on following Annie. Its like you are right beside her at times urging her on, then feeling like she should take a breather, slow down and stay calm.

When her boyfriend Kyle dies whilst in training for running the up and coming Marathon, Annie decides she would run it on his behalf. Annie hates running, but to do this for Kyle, HE wanted to partake, so why not do it for HIM.

I feel it was a way for Annie to take on and manage her grief, doing this. Fo
Cath
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3/5 stars
I'm a huge fan of these books, I liked the start of this but it really began to annoy me.
Certain things really bugged me: like if Jere said something inappropriate Annie would be like: why did you say that?
He'd be like: cause I'm a guy..

Ughh.
Anyway.
I still liked this but it wasn't my favourite.
Jess (Gone with the Words)
I loved Annie. She was tough and vulnerable, and determined. Her dedication to the marathon training was really admirable. Also, JEREMIAH BROWN.

Read my full review, originally posted on Gone with the Words
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
4.5!
“You need anything? Water? Tylenol? Vaseline?”
“Vaseline?” He shrugs. “Yeah, for chafing. Are you having any issues?”

This was exactly the book I needed to get nurse my book hangover after how much of a wreck ACOMAF and Soldier left me. It was everything I needed; fluffy, good banter, believable characters, and sweet romance. I also think I needed that bit of grief and healing. Unlike with the last book, there wasn’t drama over how it happened, just that it happened and what the aftermath look
nick
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-favorites, arc

I'm pretty certain when I say that Breathe, Annie, Breathe is going to be a favorite among a lot of readers, especially fans of the Hundred Oaks series. It certainly was the case for me. Miranda Kenneally has grown to become such a reliable author for me. Anything and everything that she writes is pure gold.

What made Breathe, Annie, Breathe such a resounding book was the phenomenal characters. Miranda Kenneally has a knack for writing realistic and easily relateable main characters and Annie was
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always

3.5 stars, more or less

Catching Jordan is a book I hold very close to my heart. Ever since the explosion of feels it brought me, I've been auto-reading every book Kenneally's putting out in this series. Seriously, people. The first three books just gave me ALL THE FEELS. Book four, Racing Savannah, was a pretty huge disappointment for me. But I'm glad to say, Miranda Kenneally is back!

Breathe, Annie, Breathe features a fierce girl with a goal--a goal she'll do anything to achieve. Annie's deter
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
I adore this series and I’ve said before but with each book I believe Miranda Kenneally’s work gets better and better and Breathe, Annie, Breathe has to be my favourite to date!

This story follows Annie, a girl that is trying to escape her boyfriend’s death by running a marathon that Kyle was planning on racing in. In doing this race Annie hopes to leave the all the guilt behind and somehow find some peace, but when Annie hires a running coach to help her get into shape, she becomes even more gu
Heather
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-contemporary
I know this book is 'technically' part of a series but I haven't read the entire series. I believe I've only read books 2 &3 in the series. That being said, this book is my favorite in the series so far.

I love the premise behind the book. How Annie is training to run a marathon for her deceased ex boyfriend. I loved reading about her training sessions and it really got me in the mood to run, even though I don't. I'm probably the worst runner there is but this book made me want to just go o
Kayla (The Thousand Lives)
All right, Veronica... you were right. I really enjoyed this one! This was an adorably light (yet heartbreaking) read that made me smile and laugh more than once. The romance was cute, and it was really nice to see two people actually talking about what they needed and taking things slow when one of them wasn't ready. Some parts I felt were a bit rushed; sometimes I didn't know how everything happened, but they were minor parts. All in all, it wasn't perfect, but it's one I'll reread for sure.
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I am so happy I decided to read this book, it was the perfect mix between moving on and romance and growing up and sweet and funny. It made me miss running (which is funny because I HATED running) and it was a great read in general
Danielle (Love at First Page)
Note: I received an ARC of this book at BEA. However, this did not influence my review in any way.
Anything can happen. Anything. Anytime, to anyone. We have to live now. Now, now, now.

Breathe, Annie, Breathe is a beautiful story about growing up, experiencing heavy grief for the first time, learning how to let go, learning how to let love in again, and knowing that life itself is a risk worth taking. I was really nervous to read this book because I usually don't like stories about losing you
Jenni Arndt
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-own
Miranda Kenneally has done it again folks! I always know that when I pick up a book by Kenneally that I am in for a fair amount of swooning, but I have to say that with Breathe, Annie, Breathe I got even more than I could have expected. Full of wonderful characters, a swoon-inducing romance and a full range of emotion, I think this is the best in the Hundred Oaks series yet!

In the fifth instalment in the series we are introduced to Annie who has recently lost her long term boyfriend and is now
Lyanna (I need a Herondale in life)
I received a review copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Here's a short pre-Breathe, Annie, Breathe history:

I'm a very athletic person.

Not boasting or anything, but I would totally ditch a movie date to go running (okay maybe not so true, I guess it depends on the movie but you get my point). That said, I think it's pretty obvious why this book caught my eye. Are you catching on yet?

Well, if you haven't then here's why;

I recently joined the track & field team, my event i
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an all around good book. It was so lovely to see Annie moving on from the guilt of Kyle's death. She learns to let it all go and just 'breathe'. The title was actually a common phrase repeated in the book and I really liked that. After something particularly hard, she would think to herself 'Breathe, Annie, Breathe'. It just had a powerful effect on me.

Another element that really showed Annie's journey is the running log that she kept. The whole thing was reprinted on the page after eve

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • #16thingsithoughtweretrue
  • Game. Set. Match. (Outer Banks Tennis Academy, #1)
  • Not in the Script (If Only . . . , #3)
  • Played (Hooked, #2)
  • Short Stories
  • Bright Before Sunrise
  • Ask Again Later
  • Finally, Forever (First Comes Love, #3)
  • Being Sloane Jacobs
  • The Bridge from Me to You
  • The Swift Boys & Me
  • Winter White (Belles, #2)
  • And for Your Information… (Butterfly, #2)
  • Secret Life (RVHS Secrets #2)
  • The Things You Kiss Goodbye
  • An Endless Summer (Summer, #2)
Growing up in Tennessee, Miranda Kenneally dreamed of becoming an Atlanta Brave, a country singer (cliché!), or a UN interpreter. Instead she writes, and works for the State Department in Washington, D.C., where George W. Bush once used her shoulder as an armrest. Miranda loves Twitter, Star Trek and her husband.

Note: I don't answer direct messages, but do answer questions on Goodreads and Twitter

Hundred Oaks (8 books)
  • Catching Jordan
  • Stealing Parker
  • Things I Can't Forget
  • Racing Savannah
  • Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks)
  • Defending Taylor
  • Coming Up for Air
“Maybe you don't have to figure life out at all.
Maybe it just is.”
33 likes
“All decisions are different in hindsight. Maybe all we can do is make the best decisions we can in the moment, using the best information we have right then.” 20 likes