Start by marking “Anonymous” as Want to Read:
Anonymous

Anonymous

What happens when an online date is not what it seems?

After Ali's heart is broken, she decides to try Anonymous, a new dating website where you can retain complete anonymity while you search for your soul mate. When she discovers Joe, she thinks she may have at least found a new friend and decides to put her past behind her and move on.

Several death threats and an attempt
Published April 17th 2014 by HarperImpulse (first published April 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Anonymous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anonymous

Ash Wednesday
1.5 STARS
"I'm not a yo-yo. You can't keep bouncing me back and forth. You want me, you don't, you want me, you don't..."

When it comes to books of this length, I usually just count my blessings when it comes to rating them. This... this is a challenge to say something nice about.

Because at the heart of Anonymous is a poorly planned mystery with weak red herrings and deplorable characters trapped in a ridiculous conflict, cursed with the worst excuse of a "shocking" plot twist in the history of
Jenny
Apr 18, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1 star

Maybe if I wasn't watching a friend go through this in real life I'd be able to look at this more dispassionately, but I can't. (view spoiler)
Mary Mooney
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review. This is a great story that has lost love, failed marriage and suspense. Ali is trying to survive on her own after her husband Mark broke her heart. He though he wanted something new but came to realize it was a mistake. If he could get Ali to forgive him and they forget the divorce. Ali feels so alone that her friend suggest she look into a dating sight the is called "Anonymous" because you don't share ...more
Mei
Apr 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Netgalley for my honest review.

A short novella. I think my rating is due to its shortness.

Things were happening much to quickly and I couldn't "digest" them quickly enough.

Also, maybe for the same reason, I couldn't "buy" the explanation of who was the male from Anonymous. Was he th villain? Was he the husband... Even after reading the end I was not certain. And I'm not still...

For example, he has an ailing parent and a sister, but neither the husband nor the villain ha
Veronica
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This novella was a little surprise packet. Told from the point of view of Ali, Mark and Joe I was sucked into the story straight away. Ali and Mark are in the process of getting divorced. I could really feel Ali's heartbreak and when she started talking to Joe on the dating website Anonymous I was happy to see her moving on.

Aside from her love lift drama someone is threatening to kill Ali and I liked the little bit of myster
Katie
ARC received via NetGalley

I actually really liked this. It was gripping and had suspense. I do think though that if it was longer, it could have been improved and been an awesome book.
I thought the ending was a little disappointing- the suspense builds up to Ali finally comes face to face with her tormentor but then it just fizzles out...nothing really happens.
Karma♥Bites ^.~
(★) Review to come. First attempt started to become a bit too ranty & snarky. Rounded up only b/c technical writing was decent.

* Review based on ARC provided by NetGalley on behalf of the author/publisher.
Apr 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The blurb of this book intrigued me straight away and matched with the enigmatic cover, I was eager to start reading. I was expecting a full length novel but this definitely sits in the novella camp. As always, with novellas, you have to be able to tell a story without leaving anything out – you have to be succinct.

Ali is left heartbroken when her husband Mark files for a divorce. Deciding she wants to give internet dating a go, she signs up for a site called Anonymous where she meets the myster
Renee Nelson
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Dani-Lyn Alexander's "Anonymous", although I would put it at a solid three and a half stars so I rounded up.

The writing is excellent, and the story is filled with suspense as you try to figure out if her mysterious on-line interest has anything to do with the threats she's facing (or if it could be the father-like friend she turns to, or her ex, or someone that had been in the background that you somehow missed noticing).

Then, you also are working through her new on-line love/fr
Rachel
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is meant to be a short, sweet read and since I knew that going in, I've rated it accordingly. I'm not knocking down a rating just because it's a novella. It's supposed to be short, things are supposed to happen quickly..it's not like you've taken 7 chapters and an hours worth of reading to fill you in on the characters, backstory and plot. I've received a free copy for a blog tour and an honest review.

Anonymous is a short read. It took me about an hour or so. It starts right out and never r
Claire Newman
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***Copy generously provided in return for an honest review***

If you're looking for a fast paced intriguing read, then ANONYMOUS by Dani-Lyn Alexander is the story for you.

I actually really enjoyed reading this book despite it being on the short side for me. It really was a breath of fresh air from the full length novels, to read something quick yet filled to the rafters with suspense, drama and twists galore.

You quickly feel for Ali in this story. Her heart has been recently broken, and a divorc
Jane Hunt
Anonymous by Dani-Lyn Alexander

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

Anonymous is a quick, easy suspenseful read.

Ali is a great character determined to move on even though she still loves Mark her soon to be ex-husband. Ali and Mark's characters are realistic and interesting. The build up of suspense is absorbing but the end isn't. The antagonist is too vague and for me an anti climax when he does appear.

For such a short story there is a lot going on. The plot is intriguing and well written but
Breanna Eichhorn
Ali is going through a divorce she was married to her high school sweetheart for 15 years. Kendra told her that she should go on anonymous, she was very skeptical about joining. Ali stopped at a Chinese restaurant and ran into Mark her soon to be ex husband and his girlfriend Candy. Ali has been receiving threats in the mail. She called Ron and told him about the letter. When Ron goes back to the police station and showed the letter to Mark. There is a mystery about who this Joe person is that A ...more
NomdePlumePress
Ali’s trying to move on from her soon-to-be ex-husband Mark. Joining Anonymous, a dating site, might be the first step towards doing that. But solving the problem of the death threats she’s been receiving should also be on her priority list.

This novella is about two very boring people who have lost their connection trying to find a way back, with an abrupt side of suspense and an introduced but completely unexplored tertiary storyline. Perhaps if the story had been fleshed out more, I could have
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
More reviews at http://losttobooks.blogspot.com

I was interested in this novella because of the online aspect and I needed an easy and quick read so started this as soon as I downloaded it from NetGalley. I can honestly say I wasn't expecting things to go where they did though. Although I figured the main online aspect out, the threats were definitely not what I was expecting and I would have liked the author to delve deeper into this side of things and establish more suspense and suspicion.

Th
Amber
May 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
2.5*

I had a hard time with this one. Its hard for me to write this review without really spoiling the story, but the plotline was very predictable to me and needed to be drawn out more.

I had some issues with the main characters, Mark is bored with his marriage to Ali so he starts looking up old flames and then Ali finds out. He decides he wants a divorce but realizes that he may have acted too rash and still loves her and he still wants to be with her. I have a really hard time liking a guy tha
JG
Anonymous is a short, intense romantic suspense novella. Ali and Mark are going thru a divorce despite the fact that Ali still loves Mark. It doesn't help that she's been getting death threats from an unknown stalker. Engaging in Anonymous, an online dating site, doesn't seem like a great idea but Ali connects with someone and it feels right to continue this. That is until she finds out who her anonymous chat mate really is. This is well written, concise and despite the length has good character ...more
Kelly Moran
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews
Ali and Mark are going through a divorce, of which neither really want. Both take to an internet site to meet someone else, and eventually wind up surprising themselves with their dates. Amidst the marriage drama is Ali's stalker, who sends her notes and attempts to run her down. Literally. Can the relationship be saved? Can Ali be saved?

This was a short, somewhat intense read. I love Alexander's writing style. Sometimes dry, no excess verbiage and enough sweet heat to make me smile. I also love
The Color of Ink
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anonymous is a short and sweet read with a hint of suspense.

The idea of coming full circle in a different way is always a plus. You find yourself racing along to find out who Joe was and what happens in the end. I would have loved for this to be a longer read. I liked it, but I really wanted to love it. The basis for the story is all there. It just needs a little more detail to really bring this story to life, and suck you in.

With Ali and Mark going through a divorce, the dating site, and thre
N. Kuhn
*I received this book free in exchange for an honest review*
I find it hard to review this story. On 1 hand, I enjoyed the "idea" of the plot. On the other, it's not developed. It's a 30 minute read that leaves you wondering what you just read. I feel if the author sits down and truly develops the characters, to where you can actually know them, and maybe makes the plot more detailed, it would be a fantastic romantic suspense. The problem is that it's so under-developed that if I had actually bou
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
This is about a couple who have drifted apart, about to get divorced, with some stalker story line going on in between - which I really would have loved to know more about as that one seemed to come out of no where for me!! - who then find themselves again.

This was just too a short read for me for the story plot to play out properly. I felt there were some aspects that were rushed because of this. It if it was slightly longer or a even full size novel, where the story had more time to develop th
Colleen B
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really quick read... but it was full of excitement, suspense, danger, and some awesome twists. It's hard to review a book like this and not give anything away.

The story has so much more to it than the quick little blurb. A cheating husband, a pending divorce, a stalker, a new online dating experience. Ali is really the only character you know anything about... and there are enough minor characters (male and female) to keep you guessing about what is really happening with Ali's mess of a life.
Phoenix
I struggled between a three and a four star rating on this book. Up until the climax, the writing is amazing keeping me routing for the main characters turning every page as quickly as I could, but then once it hit the climax of finding out who Joe was, I felt let down. The book became too predictable at that point. Overall it was a good book and suspenseful.
Sandra
I would have enjoyed this book more if it was a fullsize book.
The general idea/plot was good, but due to the shortness it ended up to be all over the place and certain things appeared rushed or coming out of nowhere.
Given more pages certain plotlines could have been more elaborate or be build up better.
Erin
A neat, light-touch but suspenseful romance/mystery with excellent pacing. Could have benefited from being drawn into a longer novella, but well worth an hour for your time if you find yourself in the right mood.
I am Jules
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
loved it. First, sometimes you just want a quick read and this was a cool story for how short it was. AND! Frankly, Im tired of reading about young adult romance. Two adults drifting apart to find each other again was a nice change.
D.L. Richardson
bill duncan
Mar 25, 2019
Angelica Ruiz
May 28, 2014
Dani-Lyn lives on Long Island with her husband, three kids and three dogs. She loves spending time with her family, at the beach, the playground, or just about anywhere. In her spare time, which is rare, she enjoys reading and shopping—especially in book stores. Some of her favorite things include; Superheroes, Bernese Mountain Dogs, musicals, bubble baths and soft blankets. She’s an incurable ins ...more