Start by marking “The Princess and the Prom Queen” as Want to Read:
The Princess and the Prom Queen

The Princess and the Prom Queen

(Lost in a Fairy Tale #1)

When Jenny suddenly wakes to find herself being kissed by a strange—but very handsome—prince, she knows that her boring life of folding laundry could be gone forever. Stuck in a medieval land of castles and royalty, Jenny learns that she is being forced to marry the prince, and she is definitely okay with that. She escapes to find out how to return home while trying to kee ...more
Kindle Edition, 2, 256 pages
Published April 2014 by Dragons & Fairy Tales Press

To ask other readers questions about The Princess and the Prom Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess and the Prom Queen

Start your review of The Princess and the Prom Queen
Shauna
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE FAIRY TALE TWISTS AND THIS IS A FANTASTIC ONE!

We all know the story of Sleeping Beauty...

and the curse that was broken by the kiss of the handsome prince...

Well what if that kiss not only broke the one curse but also put into play another curse...

The curse of switching the medieval princess for a modern-day teenager?

Jenny is a typical teenager with school, friends, and lots of siblings.

Princess Genevieve has lived a protected life under her mother's fears.

Now they are living in each other
Kristen
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an entertaining enough book. Fun plot with two 16 year old girls switching places. One finding herself going from 2014 to the medieval time and getting stuck in the Sleeping Beauty. Her counterpart waking up in her life and having to adjust to the 21st century.

The ending was a little rushed for me, and I couldn't believe that Jenny (our 2014 girl) was actually ok with (view spoiler)
Tristi
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When you first start reading this book, you might think you know how it's going to go and how it will end, but then the author starts throwing in twists and turns and you realize that you really can't predict anything after all. I enjoyed reading about Jenny and Genevieve and watching them adjust to their new surroundings, and as I went with them on their adventures, I got sucked up into the story and didn't want to put it down.
Alison Woods
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars! So I have to admit, I am a sucker for a fairy tale retelling. Especially when it is twisted into something original. This is a really fun version involving Sleeping Beauty. I enjoyed seeing the two girls adapt (and grow) in their new settings. I loved that they took charge of their own destiny and didn’t wait for things to happen to them. I loved that Jenny came from a functional (yet crazy) family and that both girls had a support system within their family. It was also a cause of ...more
Donna Weaver
This was such a fun read. You hit the road running with Jenny and are into the action very quickly. The guys were hunky, and the bad guy was vile--his ickiness was reminiscent of the troll guy in the second Fablehaven book. *shudders* I enjoyed the variation to the Sleeping Beauty story that Weist gave us, and the tale is full of some unexpected twists. Better be paying attention in this fast-paced tale, or you might miss something important.
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was such a fun read full of twists I just didn't see coming! At first, I was worried it would be your typical YA cliche, but it incorporates history and fairy tale in a very unexpected way.

Content is completely clean and appropriate for all ages. I'll be reading this one with my daughter!
Nellie Bean
I had the opportunity to listen to this story through Audioboom.

This story is a retelling of sleeping beauty. It was a very sweet and clean story that did not end exactly how I expected.

I liked the parellel presented. Genevieve I feel would have had a much harder time, but I rolled with it and enjoyed it. :)
Thedreamer
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
wow is one of the ways i can describe this book and how it is written. i love the fact that this story is a parody of sleeping beauty. and you are dealing with a descendant of sleeping beauty and sleeping beauty her self.
Teresa Bertolio
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome fairy tale

I loved this version of sleeping beauty!:) loved the past and present tense. Easy to follow and the characterization was amazing. Plenty of action, betrayal, good verses evil, princess, princesses, dances, magic, romance and more!:) I highly recommend this book.
NaDell
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is such a fun fairy tale book with a twist because the princess and a girl from modern times are switched. It's a great book.
Rmsooon
Ive read " the princess and the prom queen" ,, i really love fIry tales stories but this book isnt well done ,, i gave it 3 out of 5 stars
Lidia
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my review of the audio version as posted on Audible:

Everyone knows the story of Sleeping Beauty, right? Wrong! You have no idea what it was really about and you have no idea what happened after the Prince had kissed the Beauty to wake her up from her long sleep... To find out you have to read (or listen to) "Timeless" by Jaclyn Weist - it's totally worth the time:)

Well, there have been a lot of different variations of old tales or classic stories published recently, and sadly some of the
Nisa
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such a cute book and it's one I would read again and again. I couldn't put it down. There have been many retellings of the Sleeping Beauty story, but I don't know of any that cross time and start the story from the ending. What a very clever idea! There were a few discrepancies that I wish could have been fixed before going to print (and with ebook updates maybe they still can be.) Most of the book states we're in the 1170s, but when Gavin tells Jenny the year, he says it's 1272. There w ...more
Texas
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Timeless/The Princess and the Prom Queen #1 - This is not my age group, so for me the book started a little slow. After everything was set up, the story took off running and never slowed down. I like the twists and turns that was contained in this well written fairytale. The characters grew on me and I was glad to see realistic dialog. Not stupid formula in this entertaining tale. 4*

Endless #3 – A delightful version of Cinderella complete with magic and happy blending of the original Cinderella
Ruby McDemon
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
This story is different but awesome with switching back and forth between the two times. It is almost like getting two different stories in one. It's different watching Jenny and Genevieve settle into each others lives, but I really enjoyed how they settled it. This is a great story finding adventure and love. Laura did a great job narrating especially going between the two girls and their different speech patterns.
Mandy
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What if you suddenly became the real life sleeping beauty and find out the story is not a fairytale? You are kisses by a prince who seemed to switch two girls one in our time and another much earlier that was actually cursed. As you try to figure how to handle the new time you are in. Hoping there will be more.
Alan T
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jenny & Genevieve

Jenny waken to a stranger kissing her. She finds herself in the middle ages. Genevieve awakens in the 21st Century. Somehow they have switched places.

Interesting plotting and characterization.
Patty
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great story! It was a current day retelling of a classic fairy tale with a splash of time travel thrown in for good measure. I just wish there had been an epilogue to show a bit more of the HEA for Jenny, Sam, Genevieve and Erik.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Good read

What an interesting take on the Sleeping Beauty story! The characters were fun and inviting. I enjoyed the spunkiness of the characters in in both time periods. Good evil characters too. Who would have thought the prince would be the double whammy of a curse!?!
Marlene
Jan 03, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle
The title as named on the Kindle book I purchased is "Timeless: A Sleeping Beauty Retelling."
Karen Ouska
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unexpected twists

I enjoyed the unexpected twists this story takes.
I recommend it to those who like fairy tales and romance. There is also an unexpected bad guy.
Kathy
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A different version of Sleeping Beauty

There was two curses that were put on Sleeping Beauty when she was a baby. Their was two men wanting her love, one good one bad.
Pat Raab
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! A good ending that isn't an ending.
Annie Fitzgerald
Great read

Amazing new take on Sleeping Beauty. The characters really draw you in and make the story come to life making you feel like you are right there with them. Loved it.
Jackie
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun twist on the tale we all know -- Sleeping Beauty. You think you know the story? This one has twists you don't see coming. A fun read.
R.J. Craddock
May 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Nowadays there are as many different kinds of books as there are readers. Furthermore, there are many different ways to publish a book in today's ever-growing digital age. Besides the big publishing houses, we now have smaller presses and many self-publishing options for the modern author in which to choose. This book in particular was published by a small Utah press called Trifecta books.

First off, the cover and title did little to peek my interest, both unimaginative and typical of the YA mark
Elizabeth Mueller
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not your ordinary Sleeping Beauty! This fun tale will knock your socks off and keep you guessing as Weist has thrown fun elements into the mix.

Modern day Jenny doesn’t care for math. She hates volleyball. She doesn’t know how to paint. Medieval Genevieve finds being a princess as mundane and she snubs every available suitor. That is, until the dark fairy’s curse backfires and both girls switch time periods!

I enjoyed how Weist threw in twists—darker magic than the wicked fairy’s. The writing is l
Stacy Carroll
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this book thinking it was going to be a light and fluffy fairy tale retelling. But it was so much more than that! I loved the comparisons between the two worlds. Some of the struggles and things the girls missed from their own times, I never would have thought about. And the misunderstandings frequently had me laughing. I also loved that the girls were torn between the two worlds. They didn't just fall in love with a boy from their new land and live happily ever after, but they ...more
Liz Lowham
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-13-25
When Jenny awakes to find herself kissing a prince, she knows something has gone very wrong in her life. Or possibly very right. Either way, she is no longer in the world she knew, and the princess everyone assumes her to be is now living her life in the modern world.

I can be nothing but honest about this book. The idea was cute--I especially loved the mesh between Sleeping Beauty and the Prince and the Pauper. But the execution left a lot to be desired. My ability to suspend my disbelief disapp
Lisa Rector
Nov 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Charming tale

This is an excellent tale for a 12-14 year old. I was immediately sucked into the novel right away. I enjoyed the fresh twist on an old tale and enjoyed reading about the two main characters discovering their new worlds.

The first half of the novel seemed to move along swiftly and was quite engaging with the appropriate amount of detail. Toward the center to the end, the novel seemed to move from mystery, to magical event after magical event without much feeling. But I guess that wou

• The Owner's Secret (Secret Billionaire Romance #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelor Mountain Cove)
  • Saving the Brother's Best Friend: A Standalone Sweet Friends to Partners Romance
  • Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • Swooning over the Football Billionaire (Boston Bruisers Bad Boy Clean Romance Series Book 1)
  • Who Wants to Love a Billionaire? (Billionaires in New York, #1)
  • The Billionaire CEO: A Clean Romance (The Billionaires of Gramercy Book 3)
  • Building Forever (The Gilbert Girls, #1)
  • A Marriage of Anything But Convenience (The Billionaire Club #1)
  • The Loneliest Cottage (Alaskan Hearts #1)
  • Midnight Marriage (Roxton Family Saga, #1)
  • The Billionaire Bachelor (A Second Chance for the Rich and Famous #1)
  • Her Marriage Pact with the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelor Cove)
  • Her Counterfeit Wedding to the Billionaire (Bachelor Billionaire Cove)
  • Master of Longbourn: A Sequel to Mr. Darcy's Comfort (Dash of Darcy and Companions Collection Book 10)
  • Love,Murder and a Good Bottle of Wine (Wagner & Callender Mystery Book 1)
Jaclyn is an Idaho farm girl who grew up loving to read. She developed a love for writing as a senior in high school, when her dad jokingly said she was the next Dr. Seuss (not even close, but very sweet). She met her husband, Steve, at BYU, and they have six happy, crazy children who encourage her to keep writing. After owning a bookstore and running away to have adventures in Australia, they set ...more

Lost in a Fairy Tale (3 books)
  • The Princess and the Sorceress
  • Endless: A Cinderella Retelling (Lost in a Fairy Tale)