Start by marking “The Art of Love and Murder (Love and Murder Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Art of Love and Murder (Love and Murder Series, #1)

The Art of Love and Murder

(Love and Murder Series #1)

Lacy Dahl never questioned her past until the deaths of her adoptive parents and her husband. A husband who wasn't what he seemed. Her research uncovers secrets about the mother she never knew; secrets that dispute the identity of her father and threaten her life.
Sheriff Chance Meadowlark is still haunted by the murder of his wife and the revenge he unleashed in the name
Published May 2nd 2014 by The Wild Rose Press/Amazon Encore (first published April 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Love and Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Love and Murder

Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Robin
Book provided by Brenda Whiteside
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

With any good story you usually have a damsel in distress and her knight. In this case the knight rides a Harley.

One thing I found is that you know your villain from the start. Good or bad it gives a different twist to the story. It gives us the chance to get to know the villain making us feel for him as we would with any other character. Also, we get a different perspective on the overall story. To
Sharon Buchbinder
When Lacy Dahl first encounters Chance Meadowlark on a dark night while visiting in Flagstaff, she thinks he belongs to the footsteps that had been following her down an alley. Little does she know he’s the Sheriff and trying to protect her. Lacy is shaken by the encounter, and not just from fear-induced adrenaline. He’s tall, dark, and sexy, stirring feeling she hasn’t had since her husband died.

Chance doesn’t need any complications in his life. His life has settled into a nice pace and his dau
Jacqueline Noir
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Art of Love and Murder is the perfect summer read to grab while the weather is hot. Brenda Whiteside ropes you in and will have you not wanting to move from your spot until you finish every last page. Being an Arizonan, I love reading about towns that I have been to; this makes the story seem more realistic. The Art of Love and Murder is the tale of Lacy Dahl and the mystery surrounding her birth parents and artifacts left to her. On the hunt for these answers, she encounters the sexy Sherif ...more
Emily
Lacy Dahl is just trying to find out about the art that she inherited. Never in her wildest dreams did she realize there was a secret buried so deep that it would put her in danger. When she meets Sheriff Chance Meadowlark it was because she thought someone was following, however she had no idea who he was.

Chance isn't looking for a relationship, he is still carrying his own weight over the death of his wife years ago. When he meets Lacy though he almost wishes for more. When he realizes Lacy is
Kameron
May 20, 2016 rated it liked it
(review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)

I've grown accustomed to stories having one, maybe two whackadoodles but Brenda had the crazies popping up every which way we (me and the characters) looked. Three nutcases make for some stimulating reading material which is the point of any great author. A writer does want a reader to remember them, buy more books.

I can safely say I don't think I will ever forget Clark, Kitty, or Professor Sheffield.

One thing did surprise me rega
Julie Maidment
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a page turner with romance, mystery, and a sense of place, read Brenda Whiteside's The Art of Love and Murder! Ms. Whiteside definitely has mastered the Art of phrasing--some passages I would read over and over because they were so beautifully written. I became involved with Lacy and Chance, fictional characters who became real to me--romantic and beautiful but flawed and facing complex issues in their lives, as we all are. I want to visit Flagstaff because Ms. Whiteside of ...more
Robert Shaw
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
As a former high school English teacher, I read about 30 books a year, and I'm flat out declaring this one of the year's best. Mind you.... I thought Chance and Lacy would NEVER make it to the bedroom; all the romantic tension and deferred gratification was almost too exquisite to bear.
The whole story was so clever, creative, and unique, and I thought in particular the climactic confrontation in the Arizona wilderness was masterfully written. The novel offers a treasure trove of Southwestern geo
Samie Sands
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Art of Love and Murder is full of strong, believable characters and a gripping suspenseful plotline. It was really easy to visualise the events as the setting description was fantastically detailed. Highly recommended for anyone who likes romance mixed with intrigue.
Gwen Yee
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Art of Love and Murder is one of those books that you don't want to put down, giving me a couple of 1:30AM lights-off nights. Unfortunately they were work nights, so I'm calling this a good week-end read!
Joyce
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great little mystery set in the beautiful southwest where the author is more than a little familiar. Sweet love story proving there is more than the humdrum even if you're over forty and getting that second chance at happiness.
Diane Burton
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific Romantic Suspense. When Lacy decided to delve into her lineage, she had no idea what she would find or that it might be dangerous. Angry, jealous relatives and an obsessed collector interfere. The only person she can trust is Sheriff Chance. The attraction between them simmers in the background as she researches her mother's life. Besides enjoying romantic suspense, I liked this story because I know the area--Flagstaff and Phoenix, Arizona.
Jannine Gallant
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read these books out of order, but it didn't matter since they stand alone. What a terrific story! Well-rounded, unique characters you'll cheer for. Enough danger to keep you turning the pages. I loved it!
Duff Berry
Oct 01, 2016
Brenda Whiteside
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kimberly C Carroll
Amberly Reilly
Apr 30, 2018
Melissa Dials
May 01, 2018
Book Trailers - C...: The Art of Love and Murder by Brenda Whiteside 4 28 May 20, 2016 07:33AM
Convinced she was born to be an artist, Brenda never took her love of writing seriously. And then one day, sometime after college, after marrying a man doing a stint in the army, and after the birth of her son, she found more satisfaction filling a blank page with words than an empty canvas with color.

Brenda and her husband are gypsies at heart having lived in six states and two countries. Current

Love and Murder Series (2 books)
  • Southwest of Love and Murder (Love and Murder Series, #2)