Start by marking “Collision” as Want to Read:
Collision

Collision

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  155 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
When eighteen-year-old Kara Jones gets into a car accident on the way home from college, she’s left with more than a few bruised ribs, a busted cell phone, and a totaled car. After a slip-up at the hospital, she’s shaken to discover that her family isn’t all it seems. And now her mother’s strange behavior and willingness to do anything to protect her secrets—including pull ...more
Published June 11th 2014 (first published April 30th 2014)

Georgina ☽ 2greekgirlsreading
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 AMAZING stars.

Collision is a book full of twists and turns, an intense mystery full of family drama, romance and secrets that blow your mind.

~Disclaimer, this is a read you should start blind, without reading the blurb or any of the reviews, i think they take away some of the amazingness .~

The story begins with Kara waking up after being in a car accident and learning some life changing news. We follow her as she tr
Sophie
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway-reviews
>>> I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. <<<

OH MY GOD. What can I say about this book? It was AMAZING! Seriously! I can't explain how much I enjoyed this book! I read it in less than a day, I was so drawn , that I didn't want to keep it out of my sight.

This story is about Kara, a girl who just had a car accident & because of that finds out something that changes her life. There's a lot of family drama & while she's trying to cope with th
Jenn
3 Don't Go Looking For Trouble Stars

A copy was provided by the author to read and review for an honest review. Thank You!

Wow. This was definitely an interesting read at the start and towards the ending. I wasn't sure which way to rate this.

So, the story starts strong and the last 20% was definitely a bit thrilling, however, my concerns were with the in-between parts. I felt like the story lacked in depth in the middle. I felt like the characters were a bit selfish, immature and did stupid thi
Abbie
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Actual rating - 3.5

A decent read.
Kate Mary
May 02, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
I sincerely hope everyone enjoys reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thanks for the support!
LA Spiez
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star-reads
"Open your eyes." His lips brush against my forehead and move down to my nose. "Something happened before you made that phone call. Something we never got to talk about. I told you I loved you." ~ Derek Miller

Kara Jones lives the life many nineteen year olds live, her home and her parents are her safe place. She's a daddy's girl, and even though her mom is kind of annoyingly overprotective, she clearly knows both parents love her.

All that changes on a snowy winter night while Kara is driving ho
Suzanne
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

After a car accident, 18-year old Kara finds out her dad is not her biological father. When her mother refuses to reveal the true identity of this man, Kara takes matters into her own hands and goes looking for him. What she uncovers turns her life upside down.

There is a lot to like about Collision, namely learning who Kara’s biological father is, and trying to process this upsetting new reality along with her. But the other part is the sweet budding romance between Kara and Derek. It w
Liliana Diaconescu
I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I liked very much the book. I didn't realize until I finished it that this was the debut book of Ms Kate L. Mary, which makes me looking forward to her future books, definitely an author on whom to keep an eye on.

A car accident has the impact of a bomb over Kara's life, as she is not only badly wounded, but she discovers, through one young nurse's indiscretion, that her family is not at all what it seemed, her father with whom sh
Jennifer Denson
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received Collision in exchange for an honest review. This is the hardest review I have written so far. How do I explain how much I loved this book without revealing everything?!?!?! Ugh! Here's my third attempt.

Kara is a young college student whose life is completely altered after a horrible car accident while returning home on break. But the most debilitating wounds aren't physical. A nurse inadvertently reveals a secret that rips the family apart and leaves Kara questioning everything.

Derek
Debbie
May 04, 2014 rated it liked it

Kara has an accident, and in a moment, her life changes. Faced with the reality that all is not how it should be with her family. Her dad moves out, and her mother refuses to tell her anything. She meets Derek, who she went to high school with, and together they set off on a journey of discovery, but like the tag line says, some secrets are better left untold. . . .

i'm not sure i liked Kara! she came across as a bit of a whiney teenager and i wanted to slap her in the beginning, HOWEV
Deborah Bean
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Collision by Kate L. Mary is a lesson in “Be careful of the questions you ask”. I read this book in one day because I just could not put it down. Even though I figured out whom Kara’s father was, I was not prepared for the shocker that came. It is hard to trust your parents when you know they are keeping a secret that affects you. Derek provides the strong shoulder she needs to lean on in her search for the truth. You can almost feel the heat coming off of these two whenever they are close toget ...more
Medavis66
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Unique storyline. The relationship between Derek and Kara develops quickly, but is still believable. The sequence of events spurring from one small things is amazing - like the domino eddect on steroids. All of the things in this book could really happen, so I was very drawn-in to the story. Once the entire truth is revealed, you sympathize with Kara's mother. While lying may not have been the correct response, it is an understandable one. I really one Greg, her dad. He is a very good man and yo ...more
Kayla Michelle
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the suspense that Kate L. Mary created in this story. I was on edge the entire time while reading, I finished it in one day! Derek had to be my favorite character, very laid back, and was a natural gentleman. Kate L. Mary put a new fresh twist on questions you think you want answers too, then once you find out you cannot un-know the answer. I had suspicion of who I thought Kara's biological father could be, but who he really is, is the biggest shocker! The book had an epilogue, ...more
Brenda Moreno
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It had some very interesting plots. I didn't expect the book to end where it did. I'm guessing there's going to be a book 2? I hope so! I have to know what happens when Kara goes back to visit with her real dad, what he confesses and what happens between her and Derek.
Leigh Ann Atwood
Original

I like the authors inventive plots. This one starts with a far-fetched premise, which only makes sense as the story develops. Interesting characters. Fast pace. Intriguing ending with the nature v. nurture question squarely in front.
Holly (epiloguebookblog)
Collision combines two of my favorite things: the new adult genre and mystery/suspense. Unfortunately, I had to work this week, or I would have read the novel in one sitting. (I received a copy from the author on Monday, through a “read and review it” thread on Goodreads.) In general, it’s a fast-paced read that held my attention, giving me characters and a storyline to care about.

After sustaining multiple injuries in a car accident, Kara Jones (our protagonist) learns a startling family secret.
Joanne Jones
I was provided a copy of this book from the Author in exchange for an honest review Thanks So Much :)

Cover: 3 stars
Story line: 4 stars
Characters: 3.5 stars
Personal rating:  4 stars

Did it give me a book hangover:
 Yes Yes Yes Yes!!! I wanted more an loads of it lol

Is this a review book or personal read:
I was provided a copy of this book from the Author in exchange for an honest review!!

What I liked about this book.
What I liked was that this book started out with a bang.
We start out with Kara
Stefanie Kral
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a really hard book for me to review. While I really liked this book. I can honestly see myself sitting on the couch watching this as a Lifetime movie. Yet, there was a lot of stuff that drove me up a wall! This was Kate Mary's debut book and she did a great job.

Kara is on her way home from college in a snowstorm & crashes her car. They need the jaws of life to get her out of the car. Kara honestly didn't think her life could get worse. That was until she was at the hospital. The nurs
Lynne
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read
You know the saying, "Some things are just better left unsaid..." Well in Kara Jones case, she probably wishes she would have taken that saying to heart and left the truth alone. Or just let those dogs that are sleeping in the corner, just lie. Sometimes mystery and wanting to know the truth trumpets all that knows best.

"Collision" by Kate L. Mary starts off with a punch. Our female lead is in a pretty nasty car accident. On her way home from school her Christmas break, her car skids and collide
Liz
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books which you end reading and then you just sit there and realize that was damn good!
Because the situations were real. The problems were real. The characters were real.

We've got eighteen-year-old Kara Jones who in a few seconds has her entire life shattered till the bottom. Turns out that nothing she lived up with, is real.
The man who she knew as her father all her life, leaves and she is practically left alone to face the news.
I really admire Kara. I understood so well h
Karen Lee
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kara has finished her first semester of college and is returning home to Dayton, Ohio for winter break. When her car careens off the side of the road, and she is brought to the hospital for some bruised ribs, she never would have guessed her family would be changed forever. At the hospital, Kara learns nothing is what it seems, and her family is not the idyllic family she grew up believing it to be. Both Kara and her father are shocked to learn he is not her biological father.
Crushed by the lie
Lustful Literature
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
** TARA'S 4.5 STAR REVEIW **

On the way home from college for Christmas break, Kara Jones is involved in a serious car wreck. During her hospital stay a family secret is revealed that threatens to tear her family apart, and send her life on a path she was never expecting. Trying to escape her mother, Kara runs out of the house and into the arms of Derek Miller. Kara and Derek went to the same high school, but Kara can’t remember him. Derek on the other hand has always had a crush on Kara.

Dere
Books&Dreams
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing

photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

Collision by Kate L. Mary

This book was great and I enjoyed reading it so much. The story grabbed me form the start and had me guessing through the book. I loved the characters and it was very well-written.

Kara Jones is in a horrific car accident. She learns some shocking family secrets while healing and wants to uncover the truth about her life that is now crumbling around her. Unable to move on she must find the truth and learn to accept what she finds.
She has just started college and
Kerri McLaughlin
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well, this book certainly brings new meaning to the old phrase "don't ask questions unless you are sure you can handle the answers."

When Kara Jones gets into a car accident on the way home from school, the pain she experiences physically is nothing compared to the emotional heartache that she will have to endure. A slip up by the nurse at the hospital causes her to discover that her family isn't what it seems and no one will give her the answers she needs.

Looking to escape for a little while, Ka
Alysha
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kate L. Mary's Collision is an intense mystery about a girl who finds out her dad is not her real dad. When Kara was in a horrible accident on her way home from college her whole world changed. While in the hospital the nurse let it slip she may have been adopted. Kara and her dad, Greg had been lied to for the past eighteen years from her mom. Greg took off to deal with everything on his own, while Kara was forced to be with her mom since she was healing, no car, and no phone. After fighting wi ...more
Up All Night Book Addict
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014, reviews
his is one of those books that isn't great but is great but isn't great. I can't seem to make my mind up on how great or good it actually is! If you follow my reviews, you should know that I like books that have originality. While, there are books that have the premise of a car accident and coming home to pick up the pieces... yada yada yada. This isn't really that book. It seems like it, at first. This book is so different from that type of book.

Now that Kara is stuck at home. Pissed at her mo
Paula
I won this book in a Goodreads.com first reads giveaway. Thank you to Kate L. Mary for this opportunity.

3.5 Stars

Kara is involved in a car accident and, after a slip from a nurse at the hospital, she finds out that things aren't as she always thought they were. She decides to find out the truth about her birth on her own because her family is unwilling to provide answers. Kara meets Derek, who is dealing with problems of his own. Together they slowly unravel the truth while romance builds betwee
Anny hernandez
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provided a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

I just finish reading this book and I love it, love the characters, I love the twist and turn, and love how the book turn out to be, I have to say that this book sometime made me mad, but I love every single minute of it, I am gone keep this short since I don't want to give anything away.

The story begging with Kara, waking up to the sirens and the red, blue, white lights, she just start to notice that she's being in an accident
Kari
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish these sites allowed for true half star ratings - this book was a 4-1/2 stars book for me (yes, that half star makes a difference! ;)).

I really did enjoy this book. It was a unique story with an interesting plot that's actually left me with a book hangover that I just can't seem to shake.

The characters were well-written - while Kara came off as slightly annoying at times (which was, you know, completely understandable), Derek was ... Amazing. Seriously, a very lovable character.

(Some spoil
Margaux Espinosa
Okay, I love Kara and Derek together, Kara alone not so much. Yes her world gets turned upside down and it's traumatic and all but she's kind of a spoiled brat and I didn't like her drama queen act. BUT, Kate L. Mary did a wonderful job with this novel, Mary is a wonderful writer, and her story line is new, fresh and completely original. As I said before the characters were okay on their own but together they were perfect.

The surprises and twists in this novel are AWESOME and totally not what
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
YA & NA Romance ♥: NA Romantic Mystery $0.99 this week (Aug 1-8) 1 5 Aug 01, 2014 05:21AM
  • The Delivery
  • Say Yes (Bound to Be Naughty)
  • SuperNOIRtural Tales
  • Dead Girls Club
  • Road Beneath the Wood (The Temple of the Blind, #4)
  • Daddy Knows Best
  • The Return (Flight 29 Down, #3)
  • Ghost Heart
  • Ten Rules (Flight 29 Down, #0)
  • The Storm (Flight 29 Down, #4)
  • Maid To Order
  • Under The Mountains
  • Lead Me Into Darkness: Five Halloween Tales of Paranormal Romance
  • Dead Evil
  • Frostwalker
  • Shadowy Stillness (Halsin Chronicles #2)
  • Under the Stars (Sibling Lust, #4)
  • The Beguilers
Award-winning author of WHEN WE WERE HUMAN and the Amazon best-selling BROKEN WORLD series, Kate L. Mary writes everything from post-apocalyptic tales of the undead to new adult contemporary romance. A mother of four and an Air Force wife, her days are divided between keeping her household in order and creating new worlds for readers to get lost in.

***Visit her website at: www.KateLMary.com

***Foll
More about Kate L. Mary

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Love Letter
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be