Start by marking “Guardian (The Veiled Worlds, #3)” as Want to Read:
Guardian (The Veiled Worlds, #3)

Guardian

(The Veiled Worlds #3)

The grand city of Movoc-under-Keeper lies in ruins. The sinister puppet men have revealed their true nature, and their plan to tear down the veil between worlds. To have a chance of defeating them, Tanyana must do the impossible, and return to the world where they were created, on the other side of the veil. Her journey will force her into a terrible choice, and test just ...more
Published June 6th 2014 by FableCroft Publishing (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardian

Alan Baxter
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
This third and final book of The Veiled Worlds is better than both the previous two and they were excellent. Guardian is a solid conclusion to this story. While Debris and Suited were very much in the science-fantasy category, with Suited leaning a bit more towards SF, Guardian is unashamedly science-fiction, yet unique in its SF stance. It's like The Matrix meets Shadowrun meets the Q Continuum, all mixed with Anderton magic. Highly recommended.
Ju Transcendancing
This is my third book reviewed as part of the Australian Women Writer's Challenge for 2014. I've reviewed this over at my blog The Conversationalist: Guardian by Jo Anderton (Book 3 in the Veiled Worlds series). Originally published here on Goodreads but adjusted to align with my general practice of reviewing for AWWC on my blog.
Paul Bonamy
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this entire trilogy over a pretty short span of time, without really stopping in between to rate the books or post reviews. That being the case, this review is going to cover all three, with an eye toward not spoiling anything from the first two (and even then, not really spoiling anything that isn't in the book's blurb).

One of the things I find most astounding about Debris is that it's pretty obviously a fantastical world, but it behaves like a science-fictional world. People have these
Tsana Dolichva
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Guardian by Jo Anderton is the third book in the Veiled Worlds Trilogy. I have to admit, when I read book two, Suited, I didn't realise there was going to be a sequel (although in retrospect, I probably should have). And then the publisher of the first two books didn't pick up the third, so it was a longer wait than usual for this concluding volume. Luckily FableCroft did pick up Guardian, so we can all enjoy the ending to the story started in Debris. I have to warn you, though: if you haven't r ...more
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Sara Douglass 'Book Series' Award. This entry is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

To be safe, I won't be recording my thoughts (if I choose to) here until after the AA are over.
John
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I continue to enjoy this series.High points for the level of creativity and easy to understand sci-fi terminology.Although the story is complex its told in a way that the reader can grasp the concepts without frying your brain .This is sci-fi done right.
Charles Cohen
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Amazing climax. Really brought everything together in a deeply satisfying way, which can't have been easy with such a fascinating world.
Rivqa
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
So, so good... And now it's over. Now please Jo!
Chris Andrews
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The finale of the series draws the characters into an epic finale with lots of surprises and twists. There's plenty of action and an apocalyptic ending which, looking back, was nicely foreshadowed in the earlier books. Well worth the read.
Barbara ★
I spent most of the book (more than half really) confused and lost. Nothing made any sense and honestly that could be my faulty memory and my less than scientific brain. A lot of what was going on I simply couldn't picture and therefore couldn't follow. This book seemed to start in left field and slowly, oh so slowly bring itself around to right field when the two stories converged and finally started making sense.

All in all I did enjoy this book (well the last 100 pages or so) and thought the s
Tyrannosaurus regina
Because it was released through a different publisher, it took me a while to realise this book was even out! It was...different from the previous two. That's not necessarily a bad thing, because internally it held up, but I also missed the world I thought I'd be reading about. It was a satisfying conclusion, and included many really visceral moments that I loved, but overall I didn't entirely buy in.
Edwina Harvey
Nov 05, 2014 rated it liked it
It's good to see this final installment in the Veiled Worlds series published and available. While I mostly enjoyed it, I got lost a few times while reading it and felt the book ended with more questions than answers for the reader.
Cat Sheely
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A powerful ending to a terrific series. Such a different world peopled with real and flawed but convincing characters. I loved every minute of it.
Russ M
Jun 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Good read.
Nic
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a good conclusion to the trilogy, but not as strong as the first two books. I would give it a solid 3.5.
dogpossum
Nov 03, 2014
Antonia E Iacampo
Jul 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Foretelling of Georgie Spider (The Tribe, #3)
  • In Your Face
  • Unwanted
  • Irradiated (The Tunnel Trilogy, #1)
  • Dark Star (The Rosie Black Chronicles, # 3)
  • Borderlands (Chasing the Valley #2)
  • The Shattered City (Creature Court, #2)
  • The Courier's New Bicycle
  • Peacemaker (Peacemaker, #1)
  • The Red Wind (The Kingdom of the Lost, #1)
  • Day Boy
  • Lifespan of Starlight
  • Crashland (Twinmaker #2)
  • The Road to Winter (Winter, #1)
  • Only Ever Always
  • How to Bee
  • Special
  • Welcome To Orphancorp
Joanne Anderton lives in Sydney, Australia, with her husband and too many pets. By day she is a mild-mannered marketing coordinator for an Australian book distributor. By night, weekends and lunchtimes she writes dark fantasy, horror a little bit of science fiction and a whole lot of weird stuff in between.

Her short fiction has been published in a variety of places, including Aurealis, Andromeda S

The Veiled Worlds (3 books)
  • Debris (The Veiled Worlds, #1)
  • Suited (The Veiled Worlds, #2)