Start by marking “Stay With Me (The PI Guys #1)” as Want to Read:
Stay With Me (The PI Guys #1)

Stay With Me

(The PI Guys #1)

Published April 28th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Stay With Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stay With Me

Judith
4.5

“God, the way you get me going should be a crime.”(...)

Bucket of ice,anyone?

Lordy.Lordy this is deliciously filthy...

I honestly don't know why I haven't read this sooner.Every book I've read by this Author has been a hit for me and this is right up there.She's fast becoming one of my favourites.

Mac is sassy,sarcastic,and sexy as sin.Told only from his POV, I loved being inside his head.Working as a Private Investigator he meets Jordan while on a job who hires him to watch his fiance....

Ye
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
3.75 stars*

*Rating disclaimer:
(view spoiler)

The first 30 percent of this book dragged slower than molasses going uphill in January. Mackenzie was such a smart ass, he must have sprained his tongue with the constant wit and innuend
Tanu Gill
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is the reaction I had for most of the book. There were other times when I was sniffling some, rolling my eyes a lot, and getting bored a teeny tiny bit.

The sassy prima donna, aka Mackenzie, was such an awesome entertainer with his snark and flamboyance and queen-type behaviour, I fell in love with him right in the beginning. His comebacks, his TV show-nerd side, his EVERYTHING was Class-A hilarious.

And then came swoon-worthy Jordon. I am still drooling over him. His careful, confident perso
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4--LOL--Stars!!

Really, really enjoyed this one. Loved all of the characters, both the main and supporting.

Mac...

I can see where people would either love or hate Mac. He was snarky and sarcastic and immature at times. But more often then not I was LMAO at his internal dialogue and his banter with everyone.

Mac is kind of shit when it comes to dating and relationships and love. He has mom issues. He doesn't let himself get close to anyone for fear that they will leave him. So after two failed rel
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 Snarky Sarcasm Wins My Heart Stars***

BOOM....on the favorites shelf you go! This book had my heart at the first instance of snarky sarcasm.

Allow me to present to you Mackenzie. Mac is not so lucky in the love department. Ok, maybe it's his fault. Maybe he's afraid of it. Maybe he lives by the philosophy "why give them the chance to leave you, when you can leave first." That should give you a wonderfully fulfilling life....right?!?!

Enter Jordan. You see Jordan's got this problem. Nothing
Wendy
I truly enjoyed this one, but, I was kind of pissed about the ending. Not really a hea for me, more like a hfn. It could have done with at least one more chapter and an epilogue. Other than that it was pretty good. I laughed my ass off. Mac was awesome !! It was kind of a fluffy read...not a lot of angst, but some. The steam was good too, so 4 stars for me
Gigi
Apr 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gigi by: Jenni Lea
Stay With Me is a book I waited a long time to read. Even though it made a lot of 2014 "best" lists, the reviews were mixed with my GR friends. I put it on the back burner and eventually forgot about it.

With the release of the second book in the series So Into You a few days ago, and the fantastic reviews it is receiving, I decided to dust off this one and give it a go before reading So Into You.

I can see now why my GR friend's reviews were so mixed and this wasn't a slam-dunk fan-favorite. The
Jewel
Ah, the banter! I quite enjoyed reading this one again :)

-------Original review 23 May 2014-----
Though I really enjoyed this book (I loved Mac, snarkiness and all), there were a few timeline and story inconsistencies that kept me from giving it 5 stars. Also, I thought it wrapped up a bit too easily and quickly. With another round of editing, I think this story could easily hit 5 stars.

That said, I really did enjoy this story. I loved the snark that was Mac and the open to experimentation that
Ami
I think whether readers can enjoy or not will come down to how readers take Mac’s voice since this story is written in 1st person. Readers might find Mac amusing or exhausting (remember Chandler from the 90’s TV series, Friends?).

Truthfully, I quite enjoyed Mac’s narration. His snark and humor – which sometimes I think is his defense mechanism, to protect himself from being hurt – fits with my taste. It makes the story rather light in tone, even if digging deeper below the surface, Mac actually
Richard
May 02, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aaa
If you don't like GFY books, don't read this.
If you like GFY books, don't read this.
Awful.
Kade Boehme
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
I adored this book. Mac was funny, sexy, and really vulnerable. Jordan was amazing up never thought he was playing with Mac emotions. From beginning to end I was hooked. My only request was a confrontation between Trevor and Jordan yeah I would had loved it. I'm pretty sure Mac would have to. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Bitchie
I loved this book so much, and it was SO close to being a 5 star read for me.

Mac is a PI with a pretty bad record in things of love. He has a habit of going after unavailable men, and running when things get tough. This all goes back to a mom who walked out on the family when he was a kid. Then he meets Jordan, a guy who actually hires him to follow his fiance, Rachel, because he thinks she might be cheating on him. And so we begin!

The chemistry between Mac and Jordan is great, and Mac can't hel
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

I liked the banter and the voice of the MC Mac. I liked that the girlfriend ( ex- fiancée, I guess) wasn't a bad, evil woman.
I liked the friends and family, even if they were pushy and nosy.
Mac has issues, but I did understand his reluctance to trust Jordan and his motivations.
The story wasn't anything I hadn't read in one form or another before, but it did like the way it was told and Mac's humor really worked for me.
This probably wasn't the best time in my life to read this book, but cons
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Those ★'s up there? They are for Mackenzie. This is one of those books. Part of me LOVED it and part of me analyzed it. So for now, I am going with my rating and will post more once I think it through.
Alisa
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So let me get this straight. MC 2 hires MC 1 to investigate his girlfriend because he thinks she's cheating on him. MC 2 then proceeds to aggressively pursue MC 1 and they cheat on the girlfriend. MC 1 says repeatedly he doesn't want to be someones gay experiment yet every time they're together (cheating) MC 2 says he is "just seeing what it's like to be with a guy" (despite MC 1 having a broken heart over another guy who left him for a woman.)

photo are you fucking kidding me_zpsy9vm9bmy.gif
Alison Roeder
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Blasphemy and sex jokes.

Oh man. I went into this with mild expectations. But, I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't just about a guy, pining away for a straight guy. it had great family moments. Crazy co-worker humor, a fantastic little brother to pick on and a manly man dad who loves his kids unconditionally.

I laughed basically through the whole book. Mac was extremely funny. No wonder he caught the eye of the sexy successful lawyer. I hope this has a sequel cause I wanna know what happens ne
Karen
I'm sorry, I tried...I really, really tried...

Well this was surprise...I had zero doubt...zero I tell you that I was going to like this...well, I guess this was my reminder to 'never say never'.

What I like was the narration. Michael Stellman was the narrator on this one and for me he did an awesome job. If I was just rating the narrator this one would have gotten at least 3 stars probably 4 from me.

I liked the humor there was some really funny stuff and I found myself chuckling out loud on mo
Smith Barney
Ouch. Little pricey @$6.99. Also not wild about 1st POVs, although in this it was competently done.

It's a plot we've all read 1001 times before (me gay-you straight) but this one is packed and delivered with a twist of snark into a good old fashioned dialogue-driven story fleshed w/realistic characters and shit. Such simple conceptualized ingredients turn this all-too familiar plot device into a pretty entertaining story..making it read fresh as a spring-daisy.

I'd rather smirk my way through a
Jenni Lea

I think I liked this more on my second read. I fell in love with this author's writing and I can't get enough. Write faster, SE Harmon, write faster!
haletostilinski

Overall, this was really really good, but also really frustrating. Mostly because of our main character, Mackenzie Williams. His mom left his father when he was a teenager for another man, and he's been scared of truly committing to a relationship since then, and at the first sign his partners are pulling away, or something happens that allows him to pull away, or just any event that is hard to deal with happens in his past and present relationships, he uses as excuse to say to himself
Natalia
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alex Akira
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic book! I absolutely adored this story with its wisecracking, snarky, and looking-for-love-in-all-the-wrong-places lead character, Mackenzie Williams. And it is Mac who gives this story life. It’s his sharp, near-bitter commentary, his surly self-analysis, and his gutsy bravado to forge once more into the treacherous waters of love despite impossible odds, which makes this story a winner.

Bitter from the failure of his latest long-term relationship with—country bumpkin/college room
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

Private investigator Mackenzie Williams’s newest client is everything he’s looking for in a guy—charming, beautiful, intelligent, and successful. There's only one itty bitty problem—the guy’s not exactly gay. In fact, Jordan Channing is looking for a PI to follow his fiancée. The smart thing would be to thank Jordan for his time, turn Mr. Perfect away (don’t let the door hit you on the rump, thank you very much), and forget he exists.

Of course, Mackenzie has never been accused of doing
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★

Mac and Jordan~

I'm glad I stayed for their love story!

Man oOh man...1st Person POV...Is NOT my thing....I have a love hate thing'y going on with it~

This POV is very tricky. For me to love it, the story line and the MCs all have to fall in place...in this I was deprived of Jordan's(J's ) thoughts. And Lord know's he was an arse-hole" when it came to acknowledgment at times of ---> (view spoiler) before 80% of the book. But, he was human
Renée
Reread 6/24/17

4.5 stars!!!!

This book was refreshing for me because it's been a while since a book in this genre just...hit...that...spot. It was real. It had the perfect amount of reality in the conversations. It had the perfect amount of angst. And the perfect amount of sexy times too.

Mackenzie is so damn cute. Jordan is just.....yeah, he was my favorite of the book. Gay PI meets not-so-straight, engaged man. It went so much further than that description. The secondary characters are great. Th
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
*****audio review only*****

I truly enjoy Michael Stellman. What he doesn't do with character voices, he makes up for with emotion. He makes you feel it all. There are still things about this story that I don't like. *cough Jordan cough* Michael Stellman and Mac make up for it.
~Kristin~
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
Chris, the Dalek King
Parts of this I really liked (snarky PI's are clearly a thang for me) and I did enjoy the struggles that Mac and Jordan had when it came to falling for a 'straight' dude (Mac), and realizing that you are not quite straight after all (Jordan). But half the time I was annoyed that Mac couldn't get past his issues...and the other half i was pissed that the other people in his life seemed to make light of those issues. Especially when it comes to Jordan's whole fiance problem. And while I think that ...more
  • Unspeakable Words (The Sixth Sense #1)
  • Loving Jay (Loving You, #1)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Just One Kiss
  • The Broken Road Cafe (The Broken Road Cafe #1)
  • Private Eye (Liaisons #1)
  • The Enlightenment of Daniel (Sex in Seattle #2)
  • Dangerously Happy
  • Shaking the Sugar Tree (Sugar Tree, #1)
  • Tequila Mockingbird (Sinners #3)
  • Rules of Engagement (Rules of Engagement, #1)
  • The Dangerous Seduction
  • Butterfly Hunter
  • Taboo For You (Love And Family #1)
  • Shy
  • Better Than Good (Better Than, #1)
  • All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
  • Nothing Ever Happens
S.E. Harmon has had a lifelong love affair with writing. It’s been both wonderful and rocky (they've divorced several times), but they always manage to come back together. She's a native Floridian with a Bachelor of Arts and a Masters in Fine Arts, and now splits her days between voraciously reading romance novels and squirreling away someplace to write them. Her current beta reader is a nosy Amer ...more

The PI Guys (2 books)
  • So Into You (The PI Guys, #2)
“So what are we watching, anyway?”

“Fast six.” I realized the polite thing to do would have been to ask if he liked the Fast & Furious
series, but if he didn’t, I couldn’t date him anyway.

“And if I haven’t seen one through five?”

“Then you’re basically un-American. Besides, what’s there to know? Fast cars, pretty girls, hot guys, stealin’ stuff in ways that could never happen… aaand you’re all caught up.”

His beautifully chocolate brown eyes went skyward. “Let me guess, you’re a Rock fan?”

“And Paul Walker, and Tyrese… the Asian guy, and a little Vin Diesel action doesn’t go amiss either. Any way you look, you win.”

“I haven’t liked the Rock since SmackDown.”

I pretended to clasp my hands in prayer and closed my eyes. “Let him keep his gay card, Lord, for he knows not what he says.”

He grinned. “You’re lucky you’re fine.”

“Am I?” I lifted my brows. A queen did need his compliments, after all.”
3 likes
“I don’t know.” His deep sigh tugged on my heartstrings a little. “Maybe she’s just not that into me,”
he said with a self-deprecating smile.
I didn’t deny it. “Maybe she’s just a ho.”
“Aren’t you supposed to be neutral?”
“That’s Switzerland, dear. This is America, and we take sides.”
2 likes