Start by marking “The Day Human King (Day Human Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
The Day Human King (Day Human Trilogy #2)

The Day Human King

(Day Human Trilogy #2)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  291 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
After he assumed the power of the late sidhe king, Devin thought the battle to protect Nessa and proceed with her coronation was over. Everyone feared him and he had the power to do anything in the sidhe world. He was wrong. As problem after problem arises, Nessa finds the path to the throne is not as simple as they thought. Formalities must be adhered to, preparations mus ...more
ebook
Published October 1st 2014 by Lexia Press (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Day Human King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Day Human King

Ashley
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
after the sadness I felt near the end of the book I was beyond ecstatic as the book ending started turning into a happy ending......but of course....as I've come to learn, nothing is ever as it seems and in reality....there's an unreleased 3rd book that I need to get my hands on about 5 minutes ago.

I am so shocked at how this book turned out! it was an awesome sequel but of course the actual story was almost too sad and mysterious to bear.

Nessa seemed a little less able to care for herself in th
Cassandra
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 unicorns - I loved it!

The cover is another work of art, and I get Devin and the swords on the cover. But I have not figured out what’s with the two girls and what it is supposed to represent.

This is the 2nd book in the spin-off trilogy The Day Human Trilogy. I bought this book this week because I had to read it :) Even though you do not have to read them in order, I would recommend it because you would miss out on character dynamics if you have not, and I especially rec
Diane Lynch
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Day Human King (The Day Human Trilogy #2) by B. Kristin McMichael
Kristin McMichael composed another incredible book in the Day Human Trilogy. The Day Human King had me on the edge of my seat. Day human, Devin Alexander, was gifted with the power of the late sidhe king.  He thought his troubles were over when it came to protecting Nessa, the future Queen.  He was wrong; they continually faced issue.

I love this series!  Not only is B. Kristin McMichael a talented writer, she is incredibly cr
Anna
**I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.**

That felt like the shortest book EVER! What a fantastic addition to this series. I have never been shy about expressing my LOVE for Devin and yes, despite the other amazing characters that McMichael presents to her readers, Devin remains my all time favorite. So by default, I love Nessa as well!

This spinoff trilogy is just a joy to read. I love the sidhe culture, especially since we learned so MUCH more in this book about them. Devin's g
Bethany
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can’t even deal. I don’t even know where to begin. I could tell you again how much I adore BKM, but I feel I’ll be a little repetitive and oh how I hate repetition! However, once again – I’m in awe of this author’s talent. The passion and love that goes into each novel is clearly visible to the readers. I’ve probably said this before, but BKM is probably one of the authors that I’ve been so eagerly awaiting to meet. Let me tell you, if this author has an event (that I can attend, of course) I’ ...more
Cheryl Duval
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I love love love Devin!! I fell in love with him in The Blue Eyes Trilogy! What more can I say? He is finding so many new things that he can do as he tries to unravel the mystery of the threat against Nessa. She isn't very happy with his method of protecting her but he always does what he thinks is best. He is thoughtful, intelligent and knows how to make good decisions (some of which are really amazing). This book ha
Rachel
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, it was just as great as the first of the series. The action and suspense kept me reading while Devin and Nessa's love story added the cute romance to the story. I highly recommend this book! I cannot wait for the third book to come out!
Monica Dillenburg
It could use a GOOD editing. For example: The narrator's voice keeps changing in the same paragraph, the over and over and over explanation of thoughts, feelings, interpretation of the other character's thinking-feelings.
The story is good and I like the characters but the first book was much much better.
Kathy Heare Watts
I won a signed copy of this book during a Goodreads giveaway. I am under no obligation to leave a review or rating and do so voluntarily. So that others may also enjoy this book, I am paying it forward by donating it a local library.
J.A. Cintron
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book just got real! and Maureen got what she deserved but at the end there comes the red head and ruins it.
books are love
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good follow up to the first book. Here we see the power dynamics shifting but also the danger. Now it isn’t just Nessa they wish to kill but Devin. Why Devin? Well he now has all the power from the king, the king of old Nessa’ s grandfather. So the shift is there.

Devin though feels out of place. Nessa isn’t really acting herself. He doesn’t feel he belongs many places anymore but in the village he gets to feel himself. Not feared and not like a doormat. He is just one of them. He sees t
Cheryl Duval
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Sherry
No middle book syndrome here. The second book is just as interesting as the first. It takes place right after the first book. Now Devin is a human sidhe. A day human with the powers of a night human. In this book things aren't turning out as simple as Devin and Nessa thought it would. I like all of the intrigue. Who is trying to kill who. Fast read.
InD'tale Magazine
In this second installment of "The Day Human Trilogy”, Devin and Nessa are back and frustrated.

Read full review in the 2015 February issue of InD’tale Magazine.
kendell perdue
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love

I love this book so much but it didn't like the ending and that big guy that miss with my happy ending lol but hope the next book comes out soon or I am going to die lol can't wait to read it and see happen. With her and Devin I think they well stay together but u never know
Sasha Farley
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good book,not much to say that others haven't already said. received this book from goodreads giveaway
Devon Abejo
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She knocks it out of the park again! Seriously, she has 2 amazing series going and churns these books out like crazy. I cant wait for the next one!
Sep 05, 2014 added it
Read my review in the February 2015 release of InD'Tale's magazine. http://indtale.com/
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
Another great book featuring Devin and Nessa. In this book, Devin is really growing into his role as the Day Human Prince. Love the twist to the ending.
Tanya
Jun 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure

I liked the story line it this book but it was a little short and the way Nessa has changed into a weaker character is not my liking but I will finish the last book.
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
another great series by B. Kristin!
Jan
Dec 02, 2017
Cheryl
May 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Ancient Fae (The World of Fae, #4)
  • Becoming Blood (The Becoming, #3)
  • Wedding Bliss (Hero's Sword #3)
  • Senior Year Bites (The Clanless, #1)
  • Witchy Wolf
  • Out of Her Mind (Taken by the Panther, #3)
  • Her Lycan Lover (Rocky Mountain Shifters, #3)
  • Warrior (Wolves of Angels Rest, #4)
  • Beneath the Broken Moon: Part Two (Broken, #2)
  • Unholy Alliance (Unholy Alliance #1)
  • Uncaged (Shifting Fates #2)
  • Wolver's Gold (The Wolvers, #5)
  • Witch Sense: Part One
  • Flame Caller (World Aflame, #2)
  • The Dragon and Princess Madeline
  • Resisting the Cougar (Cascade Shifters, #2)
  • Spell Fire
Originally from Wisconsin, B. Kristin currently resides in Ohio with her husband, three small children, and three cats. When not doing the mom thing of chasing kids, baking cookies, and playing outside, she is using her PhD in biology as a scientist. In her free time she is currently hard at work on multiple novels. Every day is a new writing adventure. She is a fan of all YA/NA fantasy and scienc ...more

Day Human Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Day Human Prince (Day Human Trilogy #1)
  • The Day Human Way (Day Human Trilogy #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Red Knight (The Traitor Son Chronicles, #1)
  • 14
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Both of you be safe," Nessa said, looking to Turner. "Welcome to my messed up home, by the way."
"Messed up?" Turner asked. "They seem like a loving bunch, all willing to kill each other off. What's family if there isn't any drama?" Turner winked at Nessa, and she nodded in reply. Drama was what the sidhe were all about.”
2 likes