Start by marking “Empower: Fight Like A Girl” as Want to Read:
Empower: Fight Like A Girl

Empower: Fight Like A Girl

Women of TV have united against lupus!

Presenting empower: fight like a girl, a special collection of short stories by top women writers from some of your favorite shows, including: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Family Guy, Person of Interest, Grimm, Battlestar Galactica, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Law & Order: SVU, Star Trek: Voyager, Eureka, Twisted, The 100, Malco
Published May 1st 2014 by Words Empower Media

To ask other readers questions about Empower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empower

Jess
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A whole lot of fun with some scares, suspense, heartbreak and reflection thrown in. I found each story in this collection unique and engaging. While some of the areas/genres weren't up my alley, I still appreciated the characters in each (there are 16 stories... you're bound to fall in love with one of them, if not more).

Overall, well done and great read.

Bonus: I like knowing that all the proceeds from the book will go to lupus research & the Lupus Foundation of America.
E
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm still not too keen on rating and reviewing short story collections. Specially the ones from multiple authors. So you probably won't get much out of me.
I was afraid I won't like Empower. I've had it on my kindle for so long and I put it down after about 15% and then nothing. I've tried to read it several times for read-a-thons and such but I never really did. But it's E-Read-A-Thon now and I finally got to it. I after reading it all I can say I liked the whole thing.
Sure, the quality of the s
Wonderkell
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
There are some really fun, fantastic stories in here from some very talented ladies of the tv & comic writing world. I picked it up because I'm a huge fan of Maurissa Tancharoen & I really admire her courage in dealing with chronic illness, Lupus, & thought it a really worthy cause to support & a great way of doing it. Also because I'm a huge geek & knew many of the names from their work in the Whedonverse on such shows/comics as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Doll ...more
The Rainbow Zebra
Great anthology for a fantastic cause

If you want to get your bad ass chick on, look no further than this awesome anthology of stories for women, by women. Proceeds go to help The Lupus Foundation of America Inc.

While not every story was five star worthy, the incredible talent gathered here for a good cause made for a pleasant read. I would typically read one story between books to make it last.

Totally worth every penny!
Allison
May 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
Bought this because it supports a good cause, the Lupus Foundation, but found the writing to be pretty uneven. Some pieces are well done, but with others, you can really tell they are written by television writers. They seem much better suited to the screen than the page. One or two may actually have been attempts at satire, because the writing was so full of cliches and over-the-top.
Maddalenah
May 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Quite disappointing. The stories where okay, I guess, but apart from a few of them, they weren't written in a way I find interesting or enjoyable.
Viana
Oct 02, 2014 added it
Great book. I normally dislike short stories but I have enjoyed each and every single one. "Women of TV have united against lupus!"-Amazon
Lucy
Jun 04, 2017
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
C. A.
Jul 10, 2018
Rick
Dec 23, 2015
Kam Miller
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Angela