Dismiss Sorry, that person's shelf is private.

Start by marking “Sweetest Temptations (Blue Collar #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweetest Temptations (Blue Collar #1)

Sweetest Temptations (Blue Collar #1)

Initial publication of Sweetest Temptations will be December 2014 as part of the Red Hot Alphas Boxed Set. Official standalone publishing will take place February 17, 2015.

From USA Today Bestselling Author J.C. Valentine comes a sizzling story about a young entrepreneur, a hot firefighter, and a first date that will change their paths forever.

Tenacious bakery shop owner
Published February 17th 2015 by J.C. Valentine (first published December 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sweetest Temptations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweetest Temptations

Mitzi
Sweetest Temptations by JC Valentine

I am NEVER disappointed with JC’s books, and I wasn’t with this one either. This is book one of her new Blue Collar series.

I loved this story about a hot fireman (what’s not to like, right?) and a tenacious bakery shop owner.

What do you do when your sister continues to set you up with losers? Abby’s view of a blind date suddenly changes when she goes to her sister’s for yet another dinner “date.” Her “date” is the handsome Kennedy (and, not a loser). Coincide
Nikki
This book was so incredibly hilarious! I wasn't expecting it to be so funny! It caught my attention from the very beginning and wouldn't let go. It had a little bit of everything. Humor, sexy times, a little mystery, and of course sweet romance. Oh, and did I forget to mention the hot alpha firefighter?! Yeah, he was great! I really enjoyed this one and I look forward to more in this series and from this author!
Lindsay Thompson-Sublett
Oct 16, 2014 Lindsay Thompson-Sublett rated it really liked it
What can I say other than this was a sweet story. I enjoyed reading it and I think you will too. It has to do with a hot fireman and who doesn't like a hot fireman.
Confessions of 2 Book Lovers Blog (Co2BL)
Nikki: Lindsay! This book was so freaking hilarious!

Lindsay: OMG. It was! I wasn't expecting that!

Nikki: I honestly wasn't expecting it to be so funny either. I thought it was a great surprise. I was hooked from the beginning!

Lindsay: Same here. I loved the girl scout cookie scene. I died laughing.

Nikki: LOL Me too! And then I got pissed cause there was no girl scout at my door! I want those cookies!

Lindsay: LOL. I don't think girl scouts go door to door anymore. I typically only see them outsi
J.C. Valentine
Jun 15, 2015 J.C. Valentine rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

I really enjoyed this book. It was a romantic comedy that was low on angst and had a touch of suspense to keep you guessing until the end. This book was super steamy, sweet, sexy, and one of those books where it is easy to relate too. This book had me laughing the whole way through and smiling at the end.

This is Abby and Ken's story. Abby is in a dating rut and needs a fix. Besides her sister setting her up with horrible blond dates, she doesn't see her luck changing but a run in with
Mary Mooney
Jun 11, 2014 Mary Mooney rated it it was amazing
This is a story that is sweet, delicious, sexy and with a little suspense thrown in. Abby is starting her business, a bakery called Sweetest Temptations, and she loves all things to do with baking. She has loads of sweet treats and muffins ready to sell. When her first customer walks in, Abby is stunned silent by this deliciously sexy man. Seems he has a sweet tooth. Abby forgets about him when she gets busy. Then on her weekly Sunday night dinners with her sister who keeps trying to set Abby up ...more
Laurel Johnson
Oct 16, 2014 Laurel Johnson rated it it was amazing
I received and ARC of this book from the author for an honest review.

This book is fantastic. It's funny (make you laugh uncontrollably funny), sad (makes you ugly cry sad) and enough danger to keep you on the edge of your seat.

Abby, a baker and lover of anything sweet is opening her new business, Sweetest Temptations and Kennedy (Ken), a sexy, charming firefight with a sweet tooth is her first customer.

Abby thinks Ken is the finest man she has ever met but doesn't have time to dwell on him as sh
Melissa
Dec 14, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Abby has opened a new business, a bakery, and one of her first customers is Kennedy. She runs into Kennedy again when she goes to dinner at her sister's house. Kennedy is a firefighter and they immediately start their romance. At first, Abby is jsut having fun but then she finds herself falling for Kennedy. When it looks like someone is out to destroy her and her business, he steps up to the plate to protect her.

This was a grea
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Sweetest Temptation is a light-hearted love story with a little suspense thrown in.

After weeks of getting ready Abigail Satcher is opening her dream bakery, Sweetest Temptations. When she flips that sign to open for the first time she's a nervous wreck. Her first customer, Kennedy Harper, the ultra hot firefighter doesn't help with her nerves as he's gorgeous. She wasn't expecting to see him again, not that she'd mind, b
Ronda
Dec 17, 2014 Ronda rated it really liked it
Oh my gosh! What to say about this book? First off, my favorite thing about this book was the flirting! I mean actual flirting! Minor sexual innuendo, but mostly, honest to goodness old-fashioned flirting! It was so refreshing and sweet and comical. I really enjoyed that aspect of the story. Also, I really felt the chemistry between Kennedy and Abby. As a couple, they were HOT! I haven't decided how I feel about the sub-plot of the bakery sabotage. It didn't take anything away from the story, bu ...more
Tawnia
Nov 22, 2014 Tawnia rated it it was amazing
Sweetest Temptations review:
Abby and Kennedy's story is so sweet, no pun intended. She is busy doing her own thing and in the process of opening her own bakery. Her sister keeps having her over for dinner, trying to set her up. Unfortunately, for her it's usually with guys that don't interest her. Until the time she shows up and she is a mess, then there is a hot guy, Kennedy at dinner. Kennedy is charming and she feels awkward. At the end of the night, they talk and have a spark between them. O
Lucy
Dec 16, 2014 Lucy rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review from the author.

I have read the author's Wayward Fighters series & although this is different, the writing is still brilliant. This story is about Abby who has opened a bakery & Kennedy just happens to be her 1st customer. She cannot stop thinking about him & then he shows up at her sisters house for dinner as her "blind date". Watching their romance grow while having some suspense in the story about what is happening to Abby at the store keeps
Terri
Dec 15, 2014 Terri rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC copy of Sweet Temptations by JC Valentine in return for an honest review.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this story. It had everything a good book needs to hold my interest: romance, mystery and developing relationships.
I loved the relationship that develops between the main characters Ken and Abby. Their love develops from a spark into a raging fire as the story unfolds.
Also helps that the hero is a gorgeous fire fighter!

I absolutely loved this story and recommend you to read for
Michelle "Chelle" Thompson
Dec 14, 2014 Michelle "Chelle" Thompson rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided for honest review**

This was a great story that had me swooning and on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen next. Abby just wants to live her dream, but what happens when someone else wants to destroy that dream? To what lengths will they go? Truly a great story of finding love with some suspense.

J.C. Valentine has written another great story with characters that you can’t help but to fall in love with and a storyline that grips you from the beginning. I co
Teresa Jesenovec
Dec 16, 2014 Teresa Jesenovec rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review.

This book did not disappoint.

I love the relationship that Ken & Abby have. I love how their characters developed.

I laughed in parts, I cried in parts but loved all of the parts.

This book had it all.

Will definitely recommend it to my fellow readers.
Kim Sowards
Dec 18, 2014 Kim Sowards rated it it was amazing
J.C. Valentine books never disppoint me. I love her books. Abby a baker opening her owb baker Sweetest Temptations and Ken a sexy hot as hell firefighter. These two get togther for one hot sexy and sweet romance. I love the writing in this book.
Brenda Demko
Dec 27, 2014 Brenda Demko rated it really liked it
This one had some of everything, suspense, steam, humor, some danger, great characters including a sexy fireman ;-), and a plot that kept my attention.
Yvonne
Feb 10, 2015 Yvonne rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Sweet and dirty read. Enjoyed it.
Sheri
Feb 21, 2015 Sheri rated it really liked it
This is the first of Ms. Valentine's books that I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sweetest Temptations is the first book in her new "Blue Collar Series" and what a great way to start.

Our story starts with tenacious bakery owner Abby, who after being in a property bidding war, is celebrating her Grand Opening. Just the only thing missing is the customers. After waiting what feels like forever (and giving herself much doubt about being her own boss) Abby finally gets her first customer. Wha
JB's Book Obsession - Jennifer
4.5 Sweet and tempting Stars

Sweetest Temptations (Blue Collar #1) by J.C. Valentine

Abby is determined to make her new bakery shop a success. She is following her dreams and has everything she could ever want. Her sister thinks her life is lacking in the love department so she uses weekly dinners to try to set Abby up with a string of losers, men that Abby just does not feel a connection. Then she meets Kennedy, a hunky firefighter with a killer smile and captivating charm that makes her weak in
Jenny Brightman Harris
Feb 10, 2015 Jenny Brightman Harris rated it really liked it
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. This book is really good some of the mystery surrounding the main characters didn't quite have the OMG moments for me as I would have liked but they still kept me asking what would happen next.

In this book we meet Abby Satcher. Abby is a woman ready to start a new chapter in her life she has bought a bakery and is hoping that this will work and be everything she has ever dreamed of. Though things are working out well on this front she knows t
Michelle Schroer
4 sweet STARS!!!

If you're looking for short, sweet, and a bit of mystery sprinkled in - this is your book! The characters were great, the banter between super with moments of humor, and the storyline kept me swiping pages until there were no more.

Abigail is terrific! She was someone I'd love to be friends with. A girl-next-door sort. I found her loyal, sweet, driven and funny! And an entrepreneur. Abigail owned a bakery - Sweetest Temptations. It'd been her dream.

"My business - my baby, my pri
Julie Tinkler
Feb 27, 2015 Julie Tinkler rated it really liked it
This started off as a really Sweet book, Abby is single woman and is just opening here very own Bakery, she loves to bake cakes and cookies and I think a dream of hers has come true. On her very first day she finds that it's really quiet and reading a book will help to pass the time until her very first Customer comes in, when she looks up what does she see, Wow...one super Hot
Swoon worthy sexy ass package!

Anyway, not to give to much away lets just say, Abby is a sweetheart, in need of a Hot gu
Falling In Fall Book Blog
Mar 10, 2015 Falling In Fall Book Blog rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-read-shelf
I thoroughly enjoyed this book in one sitting. Abigail is the owner of Sweetest Temptations which is a bakery she just opened by herself. On the grand opening, Abby’s first customer was a hot man that didn’t say much but made quite the impression on her. Once he walks out, Abby doesn’t see him for the rest of the week so she just forgets about him while Abby’s sister Amy tries to hook her up like she does every weekend. When Abby shows up to her sisters, she wasn’t expecting to find the sexy guy ...more
Melissa Ogletree
Feb 14, 2015 Melissa Ogletree rated it really liked it
I was given this book for an honest review. Things are finally coming together for Abby with the opening of her very own bakery!! Now if she could only convince her sister to stop trying to set her up with every single guy she knows. Men are the last thing on her mind until she meets sexy firefighter Kennedy could everything really be coming together for her? When things take a disastrous turn as a mystery someone is determined to upset her happy life can she get through it surrounded by those s ...more
Booked  Every Night
Mar 01, 2015 Booked Every Night rated it really liked it
The chemistry in this book is smoking! Abby and Kennedy are great together. The perfect combo of alpha, sweet, sexy, girl next door…they will heat up your ereader while keeping you hooked to the plot.

Abby is living her career dream. She is now the proud owner of her very own bakery. Now, if she could just get her sister Amy to stop trying to use Sunday family dinner to find her a husband.

Kennedy is a fireman. He is hot, sexy, sweet and good at what he does. He has a great group of guys in his t
Kathy Osborn
Feb 17, 2015 Kathy Osborn rated it really liked it
J.C. Valentine's new release Sweetest Temptations has humor, passion, mystery and suspense all wrap up in a delicious story.

Abby, is living her dream by opening Sweetest Temptations (bakery shop) and her very first customer is Kennedy (hot, sexy fireman). Abby and Ken have an immediate connection and are surprised when Abby's sister (unbeknownst to her) set up a blind dinner date.

Flames ignite between them very fast and hard, however, this story doesn't just bring you their romance, but a twist
Kim
Jan 19, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
Abby is single and happy. She's about to get even happier. She's about to embark on a new adventure. One that includes the opening of her own business.
Sweetest Temptations is a hit with the locals and Abby loves nothing more than to spend her time elbow deep in flour and sugar.
Abby just wished her sister Amy would stop trying to fix her up. The string of men that Amy has invited to their weekly dinners are not Abby's type.
Abby met her type, sort of, the first day she opened her shop. Mr. Blueber
FMR Book Grind
Mar 03, 2015 FMR Book Grind rated it really liked it
KIM'S REVIEW:

Abby met her type, sort of, the first day she opened her shop
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
ARC Sign-up! 4 12 Feb 06, 2015 05:37PM
  • Accidentally in Love with the Biker (What Happens In Vegas, #13)
  • Hardass (Bad Bitch, #2)
  • A Flare Of Heat (H.E.A.T. #1)
  • Mercy F*uck
  • Gift Wrapped
  • Secret Alpha (A is for Alpha Male, #2)
  • Blade of Moonlight (Midnight Justice #1)
  • Framed
  • The Man Plan
  • Road to Redemption (Dogs of Fire MC, #2)
  • Bad Girls Don't Marry Marines (Rock Canyon, Idaho, #3)
  • The Next Contestant
  • Some like It Sinful (A Perfect Recipe, #2)
  • Rogue's Challenge (Challenge, #2)
  • Playing for Her Heart (Gamers #2)
  • Binding Ecstasy (The Guardians of the Realms, #6)
  • Last Call
  • Walk On The Striped Side
J.C. Valentine is the USA Today and International bestselling author of the Night Calls and Wayward Fighters Series and the Forbidden Trilogy. Her vivid imagination and love of words and romance had her penning her own romance stories from an early age, which, despite being poorly edited and written longhand, she forced friends and family members to read. No, she isn't sorry.

J.C. lives in the Nort
More about J.C. Valentine...

Blue Collar (2 books)
  • Noel (Blue Collar #1.5)