Start by marking “Deadly Obsession (Lexie Rogers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Obsession (Lexie Rogers, #2)

Deadly Obsession

(Lexie Rogers #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  105 ratings  ·  30 reviews
A young nurse’s body is found at Clovelly Beach in Sydney’s eastern suburbs. Apart from a puncture wound in her neck, she is in perfect condition. But she’s also clutching a rose in her hands – and there’s an empty packet of prescription drugs in her pocket.

Investigating the scene, Detective Lexie Rogers and her partner Brad Sommers know something is not right. It appears
Published August 1st 2014 by Simon & Schuster AU

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Obsession, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Obsession

really liked it 4.00  ·

Carolyn
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this second book in the Lexie Rogers series, Lexie and her partner Brad are investigating the death of a young nurse in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney. Initially thought to be a suicide, there are hints of foul play and when Lexie discovers links to other presumed suicides it looks as if they may have a serial murder on their hands. With links to a hospital doctor and an illicit pharmaceutical drug trade Lexie and Brad soon have their hands full.
This was a good sequel to 'Sinister Intent', alt
Sharon
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
The body of a young woman is discovered near Clovelly Beach in Sydney by two early morning walkers.

Detective Lexie Rogers and her partner Brad Sommers find puncture wounds on the victim's neck as well as an empty packet of prescription drugs in the pocket of her jacket.

As the investigation gets underway, Lexie and Brad must work out if this is an overdose or a murder. If it's a murder, they must work quickly before any more victims turn up.

Aussie author, Karen M. Davis has written another page
 Li'l Owl ~ Incorrigible Reader
I've been introduced to quite a few Australian authors who write crime mystery/suspense, and psychological suspense/thrillers. Karen M. Davis is one such author.

This is the 2nd book in the Lexi Rogers series following Sinister Intent, set in Australia. I own both in audio book format and just absolutely loved them! Just a spectacular book. I hope there will a third!

I love Lexi and her colleagues! They are all so realistic, well defined, and personable. The plot is interesting, complicated, but
Brenda
4.5s

Detective Lexie Rogers and partner Detective Sergeant Brad Sommers were at the scene of a suicide in the early hours of the morning when they were called to another case at Clovelly Beach in Sydney. The scene was one of a young woman who was lying, perfectly posed, clutching a red rose in her hands. But her handbag and all identification were missing and she had a strange wound in her neck. Lexie and Brad had the feeling that even though the death of this young woman looked like a suicide,
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

Deadly Obsession is the second crime novel from Karen M Davis to feature Detective Lexie Rogers.

In the early hours of the morning a woman's body, clutching a long stemmed red rose, is discovered on Clovelly Beach. The empty packet of OxyContine in her pocket suggests a drug overdose as the cause of death but Lexie is sure the scene is staged. When the initial stages of the investigation implicates her ex-husband in the woman's murder, Lexie is shocked, but as she and her partner, Brad Sommers,
Bree T
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Early on a winter morning in Sydney, two walkers find the body of a young woman near Clovelly Beach. She’s laying perfectly arranged, clutching a red rose in her hand. Oddly, there’s a puncture wound on her neck and an empty packet of prescription drugs in her jacket pocket. At first glance, if not for the puncture wound, it could be an overdose or suicide. But Detective Lexie Rogers and her partner Brad Sommers know that this is murder.

The victim Melissa was a British nurse who had only been in
Deb Bodinnar
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After meeting Karen at a Sisters in Crime event, l couldn't wait to read her second Lexie Rogers novel. I was not disappointed either. This book is a fast paced story full of great characters. I was glad to meet Rex again and see his continuing role. Karen does a fantastic job of keeping the reader wanting to turn the pages. Kept me on my toes til the last page... what will happen next? Love your work Karen, your Mum would be very proud of you! Hope to meet you again at SiC!
Paula Brandon
May 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
What's the difference between a British police procedural and an Australian police procedural? Not much, as it turns out! Although this lacks the tropes of the British versions (ridiculously haunted past for lead cop, vengeful journalists, ambitious colleagues, etc), it's still fairly flat and dull. Detective Lexie Rogers and her partner investigate the death of a young woman who is found holding a red rose, dead from an apparent drug overdose. This book is so leisurely paced that to reveal that ...more
MarciaB - Book Muster Down Under
I’ve had Karen M. Davis on my radar since I read and reviewed her first novel, Sinister Intent, so I was absolutely ecstatic when Deadly Obsessionlanded on my doorstep and couldn’t wait to read it.

Yes, Lexie’s back and, although she’s suffering with PTSD, a broken relationship, severe anxiety attacks and still grieves the loss of her brother Linc, you can count on her to take you on an investigation where nobody escapes the net of suspicion as she wades through the paperwork, briefings, late nig
Claire
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great second novel in the series, I plowed through this one and was surprised who the murderer was which is always a good thing. I like the continuation of the characters private lives. I'm looking forward to reading book 3
Balthazar Lawson
Lexie Rogers is a detective based in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. She is working the case of a nurse found dead and the question is was it murder or suicide. Being Australian I liked the setting but I found a bit drawn out and unnecessarily mysterious like someone standing in front of you telling you that they have a secret but aren't going to tell you what it is. There is a lot of Lexie's personal life along with her police work and at times it gets all mixed up.

Some of the characters are ann
Elizabeth
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Quality crime

Once again a solid crime novel with a backdrop of the Sydney eastern suburbs. Some predictablility again but general surprising and interesting. 3.75 stars
Chany
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this book over a year ago another great read !! And have the 3 rd book fatal mistake half read and it too is living up to the last two
Andrea
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Total dross. Barely 2 stars. I was really looking forward to reading Karen M Davis but was very disappointed. She needs to decide whether she's a crime novelist or an erotic novelist.
Myshelle
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wishing Karen M Davis would write more of the Lexie series
Michelle
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Finally Detective Lexie Rogers is back and the current case is going to hit even closer to home. I have been eagerly awaiting this sequel ever since Sinister Intent was published this time last year.

Lexie’s time on the force has seen her in more life threatening situations than some officers see in their entire career. She is slowly getting on top of the anxiety attacks that she refuses to allow to jeopardise her career and she is determined to prove her worth as the newest detective on the bloc
John
Aug 21, 2014 rated it liked it
This is the second in a crime/police series about Dectective Lexie Rogers set in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney written by Karen M Davies. Karen's 20 year experience in the police force makes this series very authentic and believable.

During six years as a uniformed cop, Lexie Rogers has reached her career objective - to be a plain clothes detective. To get there she experienced a lot of terrible things, including being stabbed and left for dead by a member of a violent bikie gang and at the end o
Paula Clark
Hard to put down - loved it :)
Karen
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
The second Lexie Rogers book from ex-cop Karen M Davis, it's interesting to note that we've now got a couple of female ex-cops from similar areas writing police procedural style books, although to this reader's eye, completely different sensibilities.

Given that this is the second book, it's worth mentioning that you might be best to start at the very beginning with these two. A lot of the back story of Rogers and her rather complicated personal life is going to need that fill in, despite a bit o
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
Having devoured Sinister Intent, the first book written by Karen M. Davis about her female crime investigator on the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, Lexie Rogers, I was fortunate enough to be provided with a copy of Deadly Obsession by the Reading Room and the Publisher. I am glad that I read Sinister Intent prior to Deadly Obsession, as it contains personal dynamics about the character Lexie Rogers that definitely enhances your reading to the novel. In Deadly Obsession, the second instalment of the ...more
Malvina
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Welcome back, Detective Lexie Rogers! A second thrilling ride from Karen M. Davis - you do have me hooked on Lexie's adventures. This gritty murder mystery is anything but objective - Lexie has the knack of being followed by psychos, and everything becomes personal, or 'deadly obsessional'. It all comes back full circle to deep grudges (unhinged, totally whack-job deep) against her and her family, friends, you name it. I couldn't put the book down once I'd started. I was holding my breath and ne ...more
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
My View:
“Never doubt the gut instinct.” (p193)

This is the second book in the Lexie Rogers series and I really enjoyed the pace, the narrative arcs, the characters and the resolution. Karen M Davis fantastic Australian crime fiction writer who has a very solid base of knowledge to call on when writing her novels; she had a twenty year career in the New South Wales police department – her personal operational experience, the language and dialogue between the cops in her fictional works shine throu
Jeannette
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book because there was something different about the author's storytelling that made it stand out from others in the crime/detective genre. The difference for me was a real sense of being part of the action. I really felt as though I was on the job WITH the team; not simply an observer. I enjoyed Sinister Intent (book 1) but the Lexie/Josh relationship in this novel is developing nicely. It is genuine and enjoyable (not over done) and Josh is just so darn cute! There is a twist to t ...more
Mary
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this- except for the unnecessary epilogue that didn't are to the story one iota. If it's the beginning of a sequel it missed the mark because it put me off. It could have been even better with more focus on some of the issues that came up for characters. Some scenes left me wondering about their purpose. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the story a and this author should just get better.
Denise
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I had not read the previous novel by this author and wish I had. Whilst this is a stand alone book it is always easier if you know the backstory! I loved the twists and turns the story took. I won't reiterate the plot line as many have already done so. Will look out the first one now but certainly don't overlook this one - wait for the final twist.....
Fiona
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
Read Karen M Davis first book in the Lexie Rogers series and liked the second even more. Smart,sexy , angry, smart but not too smart so the story is not just a giveaway.It kept me happily reading right to the end.A very strong Australian crime character.
Amanda Duce
Great second book for Karen M. Davis. The type of book you can't put down until you finish and even then, you want more.
Caitlin
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic sequel by a new Aussie crime author.
Nickee
Feb 02, 2016
Gillian
Oct 11, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Karen Davis was a New South Wales police officer for twenty years. Starting her career on the streets of Newtown, she then moved on to work as a detective and undercover operative in a variety of sections, all of which specialised in the investigation of organised crime.

When Karen left the force nine years ago her mother (author of twelve novels, the late Lynne Wilding) encouraged her to draw insp

Lexie Rogers (3 books)
  • Sinister Intent (Lexie Rogers, #1)
  • Fatal Mistake (Lexie Rogers, #3)