Start by marking “Ethan's Bride (King's Valley #1)” as Want to Read:
Ethan's Bride (King's Valley #1)

Ethan's Bride

(King's Valley #1)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  80 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Librarian's Note: this is an alternate cover edition for ASIN B00HDEEM64

For most of her life, Jessica has played the role of the perfect daughter, perfect stepdaughter, and, ultimately, the perfect fiancée, concealing her true self behind the person she thought everyone else wanted and expected her to be. That all ends the day she discovers that her future husband is cheat
Published December 16th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Ethan's Bride, please sign up.
Margaret Desmond Why, yes it is! Or, it CAN be. The digital version of this book is available on OverDrive. However, your local or regional library needs to purchase…moreWhy, yes it is! Or, it CAN be. The digital version of this book is available on OverDrive. However, your local or regional library needs to purchase the book first, if they haven't already. Download the OverDrive app to your e-reader (the app is available through most app stores). Follow the instructions to access your library system. You will need your library card. Once you're connected, search for "Margaret Desmond." If the library hasn't purchased the book yet, my books will still pop up on screen with "Recommend" beneath each book. Hit that "Recommend" button! If the library buys my books, you'll be one of the first in line to receive a loaner copy. Thanks for helping me place these clean, heartwarming romances in libraries all over the USA!(less)

C.
The best part about this book is the hero's grandmother Zelda(who is a treasure) and his dog Brutus!
There is very little true romance. Jessica should have kicked Ethan to the curb, for his brutish behavior, at first meeting and never looked back! Instead their interactions are all based on lust! Passionate make-out sessions one minute and his cruel remarks and distrust, the next,yet she continues to "melt" every time he touches her! She should have kneed him a good one, and continued her planne
Darlingem
I loved this book! I've been disappointed with many of the freebies I've read lately, mainly because they were poorly written. Kudos to Ms. Desmond for a very well-written story that grabbed my interest from the first paragraph and had me reading cover-to-cover in one sitting. I grew up reading category romances from the early 80's (dailey, palmer, etc.,) where the H could be - let's face it - a bit of an a** at first, but those authors usually managed to write the characters in a way that the r ...more
Carolina
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this first book in A Kings Valley Romance. Jessica and Ethan were fun to watch along their way to love. Zelda was perfect and Brutus such a dog! Looking forward to more!
Herman Fassett
Eh, fun ride, annoying melodrama, easily forgettable...
Melody
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again
*sigh* Oh yes. Ms. Margaret, you know how to write stories that I loveeeee.

Of the three King’s Valley stories, though this is the first in the series, this is the last one I read, and probably my least favorite. The author has improved with time! Even still, I loved it. So good.

I think the only thing I didn’t like was the mention of her breasts so much! Haha! I didn’t care for that too much.

4 1/2 stars.
Glaidene Ramsey
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A King's Valley Romance

I liked the story of Ethan and his Bride. The Bride ran out of her wedding after she saw her fiancee had an affair with her stepfather. The story begins when her getaway car breaks down. Enjoy this story I did!!!!!!
Marcey
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book quite a bit but it lacked the romance that I was looking for. What I mean is that I wanted there to be more between Ethan and Jessica, it seemed too rushed and then it was over. This book could be very fulfilling if only there was a pinch more of Ethan and Jessica.
Taralee
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun and quick read.It's always refreshing reading a sweet, clean romance. I look forward to reading the other books in the series.
Joyce Vasilev
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice start to what looks like great series

This was a good story with lots of fun moments. It is an enticing start to this series. I am also looking forward to her new series.
Kym
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable boy-meets-girl who has just left her groom at the alter love story!
Cynthia
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

The run away bride meets the small town lawyer. Both of them need to mend three hearts. It's a beautiful story of starting over.
Englishrose
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a totally sweet little book. With fun characters and a super, sugary sweet plot, it was a great dip into a quick romance. The main characters fell in love naturally and sweetly, though they didn't seem to have a lot of flaws. Everything fell into place in a way you enjoy on a wintry night in front of a fire and a book in hand, but without the depth of an in depth read. The setting seemed a bit off and unresearched (for one who grew up in that area), but otherwise it was a well created w ...more
TFitz
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favories
The author promised a clean, sweet read and that's exactly what she delivered. I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly I was pulled in to the story. Her descriptions of characters and scenery are captivating. There was just the right amount of sweet tension between Ethan and Jessica to make my heart thump, even when it was just a scene when he brushes his hand against her cheek. Very well written. Looking forward to reading more in this series!
Lynette
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This was a fun read for a cold Saturday. I read another book by this author which made me want to read this one. It was a little more steamy than I usually read, but it didn't get to the point of being uncomfortable. I liked the plot and the characters were great. I was sad to see it end. I wasn't ready to leave King's Valley.
Jo
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 100-to-199-pages
Jessica tries to escape her 'perfect' live when her soon-to-be husband is found cheating on her. She has always been a good girl but finds a unlikely love in the arms of a demanding stranger. Ethan's Bride is a good romance with a fun grandmother character to add to the plot.
Tansonju
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Warm, romantic, well-written!!
Sharon
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean
It was a cute clean read about a runaway bride finding herself. I enjoyed the story- just wish she had gone back to her old ranch to get closer.
Ivette Rosado
Aug 26, 2018
Crystal Middleton
Feb 23, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Daisy Chain (Aliso Creek #3)
  • Discovering Sophie
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: European Collection
  • All Who Dream (Letting Go, #3)
  • Not His Type (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • Do Over (Alpine, #4)
  • Miss Armistead Makes Her Choice (Miss Delacourt #6)
  • The Wedding Game (Reality Show #1)
  • Minor Adjustments
  • The Princess Problem (A Fairy Tale Romance #2)
  • The Country Bride (Billionaire Marriage Brokers, #4)
  • The Love Letter
  • The Role of a Lifetime
  • The Rose-Garden Husband
  • Keeper of My Heart
  • Midnight Masquerade
  • For Nick
  • Masquerade
Margaret Desmond has always loved all things romantic. After reading Gone with the Wind at the age of ten, she was inspired to take her own pen to paper. Epic tomes set in faraway lands gradually evolved into modern day love stories. She endeavors to find a new twist in the telling, but the age-old story of boy meets girl will forever be at the heart of her writing.

The town of King's Valley in Ma

King's Valley (4 books)
  • Her Ordinary Joe (King's Valley #2)
  • The Return of Devin Wakefield (King's Valley #3)
  • Annie and Jake (King's Valley #4)