Start by marking “Mythmaker (Peacemaker, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mythmaker (Peacemaker, #2)

Mythmaker

(Peacemaker #2)

Virgin’s in a tight spot. A murder rap hangs over her head and isn’t likely to go away unless she agrees to work for an organisation called GJIC with Nate Sixkiller as her immediate boss. Being blackmailed is one thing, discovering that her mother is both alive and the President of GJIC is quite another. Then there’s the escalation of Mythos sightings, and the bounty on he ...more
Paperback
Published October 1st 2015 by Angry Robot

Tracy
I loved Peacemaker so much that I immediately began Mythmaker upon finishing it and I wasn’t disappointed with this, the second book in de Pierres series set in a future Australia.

Mythmaker follows on almost immediately from where Peacemaker ended. Virgin Jackson and Nate Sixkiller are still a team, in fact Virgin has been coerced into working for CJIC by her mother. (At the end of Peacemaker Virgin’s mother, whom she had thought dead, turned out to be the head of this clandestine organisation.)
Steven R. McEvoy
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing
...
Full review to follow.
...
I was waiting months and months for Advance Reader's Copies of this book to come out. That is one of the big problems with getting review copies it is that much longer until the next book in a series publishes. I kept checking again and again to see if Angry Robot had review copies available. When it finally showed up boy oh boy was I excited. I could not wait to see what Virgin Jackson and Nate Sixkiller would get up to next. I was not disappointed.

These book
Deborah Ideiosepius
Two and a half stars for a great concept and world-building. Minus two and a half for poor writing, poor characterisation, bad editing and not making sense a lot of the time. I am tempted to lose another whole star for that idiotic fox on the cover art, but I restrained myself.

This is the second in the 'Peacemaker' series an Australian future-ish, cyberpunk-kinda, adventure story. Virgin Jackson and cohort continue the plot arc that began in the previous book, "Mythmaker" without having read the
Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews)
In Peacemaker we are introduced to Virgin Jackson and her love for Birrimun Park - the world's last natural landscape. Her lingering sadness of losing her father and having to work with a new partner. Nate Sixkiller, the US Marshall now trainee. After the events in book one she is now having to (grudgingly) work for GJIC and now Sixkiller is her boss.

You do not have to read book one to fully enjoy Mythmaker. There is enough world building and explanations for everyone to enjoy as a standalone.
Amanda Wrangles
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Back in 2014 when I read and reviewed Marianne de Pierres’ latest novel, the genre-mashing-spaghetti-western-science-fiction-and-the-rest: ‘Peacemaker’, I asked for more. More of everything. More street politics, more insight into the large cast of fascinating side-characters, more of the government conspiracies. Peacemaker was just so much fun, so fast and entertaining, but it felt like the tip of the iceberg. The world de Pierres had created was so vast, Peacemaker just didn’t feel like it was ...more
Joelene
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only thing Virgin Jackson ever wanted to do was protect Birrimun Park, the world’s last nature reserve from anything that tried to harm it. With a murder rap hanging over her head and an international organisation, GJIC, only willing to protect her from it if she agrees to work for them the park will have to wait.

Now Virgin’s trying to figure out what the Mythos are up to, find a way to keep the higher ups from shutting the park down and search for any evidence that her father might have lef
Amy Parker
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mythmaker is the second book in the Peacemaker series, and I definitely recommend reading the previous book - Peacemaker (Peacemaker, #1) by Marianne de Pierres - before this one in order to fully appreciate it. Mythmaker starts off assuming you already know the situation in futuristic Australia, and what has already happened to Virgin Jackson.

The first book hinted at the supernatural, but aside from the disincarnates (kind of the spirit animals of the characters), there wasn't as much as I'd expected. Mythmaker is where the author really del
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I normally avoid books that venture in to the whole supernatural type world. When I started reading the first book in this series I wasn't aware that the story would delve into this realm. Good thing too or I never would have read the book. I have enjoyed the story and the pace of these books as well as the different characters. There is quite an eclectic mix of genres and somehow it all comes together to make an interesting story. This book ends on a bit of a cliffhanger and I'm eagerly looking ...more
Maree Kimberley
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aww2017
Loved this urban fantasy, the second in the Peacemaker series that features the wonderfully named ranger-come-crime-fighter and all-round kick-arse chick, Virgin Jackson.

There is so much to love about this book. The action, the characters, the pacing, the dialogue. It's a great read from start to finish with fantastic world-building, strong relationships and a fascinating mythology that underscores the whole deal.

The only problem I have is that the 3rd in the series hasn't been released yet. I n
Ryan Lawler
Sep 27, 2015 rated it liked it
After having such a good time with Peacemaker, I couldn't help but feel disappointed with Mythmaker. The pace was electric, the characters were colourful, but the plot progression was minimal. Mythmaker is a filler story, and it's good filler, but ultimately it feels like the purpose of this story is simply to position all the pieces to make sure they're ready for the third book. I'll be there for the third book, but my excitement to read it has definitely diminished.
Ju Transcendancing
Short version: I loved this and it was a great continuation from the first book Peacemaker. My full review is available on my blog, AWW15: Mythmaker by Marianne de Pierres.
Kimberlee
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
That ending! So when is the next one coming about??? I really enjoyed this, if you couldn't notice. I really love Virgin. Sixkiller is fantastic. You get more of Hamish. I oddly am fond of him. And Caro is amazing. Just need the next one.
Liz
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Think a dark western meets TAZ Amnesty
Daniel
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi-fantasy
This review originally published in Looking For a Good Book. Rated 2.5 of 5

About two years ago I was really thrilled to have read/reviewed Marianne de Pierres' book, Peacemaker. Mythmaker is the second book in the Peacemaker series and I was really looking forward to it. I wrote then about how excited I was to find a novel that crossed so many genres and had such an original premise. That hasn't changed.

Picking up where the last book left off, Virgin Jackson is facing a murder rap and is being b
Tsana Dolichva
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mythmaker by Marianne de Pierres is the sequel to Peacemaker, which I reviewed when it was released. It took me a while to get around to reading Mythmaker and then a while to actually finish it. The former is because I don't really like Westerns, so even though I enjoyed the first book, I was hesitant to start the second. The latter is mostly because of life events disrupting my reading.

As I said, I'm not a fan of Westerns, so I wasn't sure how much I would like Mythmaker. As it happens, it felt
Charles
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Ashamed to say it, but I just couldn’t finish this book. Maybe I’m not the target audience for it, but suffice to say, I felt completely lost reading this up until Chapter 5. If you think it's unfair to offer a review of a book when only finishing partially, fair enough. However, for me, that's pretty telling, especially for those that may share similar interests as mine.

To me, as the reader, I felt as if I’d walked in and interrupted a film. Now, generally I’m not one that needs to be spoon-fed
Karina
I requested this from Netgalley because I loved her Parrish Plessis trilogy; a dystopian society, a kick-ass alienated woman as the main protagonist, and lots of fast-paced action.
First, what I loved; this was pacy, intriguing and a very fast read; creatures from what seems like another dimension are coming through, and it seems like they want our world - not good news for us! They come in the form of our mythic creatures, so are called Mythos, but while invisible to most people, they can still
Kel Sta
Apr 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Mike borrowed this book from the library, and I picked it up mainly because I have a poem titled 'Mythmaking' I wrote some years ago. Despite being the second in the series, it reiterated what had gone down in the first enough that I did not feel I was at all out of the loop - indeed, I wonder, if I had read the first book of the series, if I'd have found this constant going over what had happened too repetitive and boring?

I don't think I've ever read a book quite like this before and I enjoyed
Ruth
Nov 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spec-fic
c2015: FWFTB: ranger, megacity, bounty, Mythos, coastal. Second book in the series but it can be read as a stand-alone. Its a nice pacey read with subtle world-building instead of massive info drops which always takes a bit of skill. Gateway Monthly has stated that this is "modern SF at its very best. A worthy successor to Arthur C Clarke". I believe this may be a tad overstated. Gateway Monthly doesn't seem to have a footprint on Google and I keep getting HR or banking sites when looking for it ...more
Helen Petrovic
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Virgin Jackson is back in the second instalment of Marianne De Pierres’ Peacemaker series. This one’s just as action-packed as the first, as gun-toting ranger, Virgin, aided by the taciturn US cowboy Nate Sixkiller, her spirit animal and her possibly psychotic self-appointed bodyguard, Hamish, set out to discover the truth about the Mythos. She’s got a mystery to solve and her name to clear, and a bounty and a murder rap both hang over her head. Beautifully written and tightly paced, De Pierres’ ...more
Brandy
2nd book in the series. I am assuming there will be more to the series due to the ending. While this book was a good, fast paced read, it didn't really answer many questions. I'm hoping the next book explains some important things & gives a better way for the mythos spirit animals to communicate better with those they are attached to.
Adele
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME!!
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whaaa? Was that a cliffhanger ending with more to come or a series ender? Seemed wrap-up-ish, but left a lotta story to tell.
Alex Adsett
May 27, 2019
Marianne Pierres
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Pia
Jan 09, 2016
Rachel Hutton
Oct 01, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Foretelling of Georgie Spider (The Tribe, #3)
  • The Red Wind (The Kingdom of the Lost, #1)
  • Too Sharp (Tara Sharp, #3)
  • Guardian (The Veiled Worlds, #3)
  • Ink Black Magic (Mocklore Chronicles, #3)
  • Hexomancy (Ree Reyes, #3)
  • Hindsight (Mira Chambers #2)
  • A Trifle Dead (Cafe La Femme, #1)
  • In Your Face
  • Stray (Spark, #2)
  • The Female Factory
  • Marny (Feyguard #3)
  • The Dagger's Path (The Forsaken Lands, #2)
  • A Tyranny of Queens (Manifold Worlds, #2)
  • Bulletproof (Songbird, #2)
  • The Floating City (Shadow Master #2)
  • Fearless (Avena, #3)
  • Going Dark (The Red, #3)
Marianne de Pierres is the award winning author of the acclaimed Parrish Plessis,Sentients of Orion and Peacemaker science fiction series. Marianne is an active supporter of genre fiction and has mentored many writers. She lives in Brisbane, Australia, with her husband and three galahs. Her Night Creatures series, Burn Bright, Angel Arias and Shine Light has been very popular among young adult fic ...more

Peacemaker (2 books)
  • Peacemaker (Peacemaker, #1)