Start by marking “Sol” as Want to Read:
Sol

Sol

Separate today, tomorrow, and forever.

Before Thaddeus's sudden and mysterious arrival, Harmon Misean never questioned why the Dark Lands were forbidden. The Sun God had always provided his people a land that was both beautiful and bountiful, and the people of Sun Kingdom only ever knew peace and prosperity.

Before Thaddeus's arrival, Harmon spent most of his nights
Published April 27th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published April 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sol

Start your review of Sol
Melissa
I wanted to read this book because Mr. Whitehead is my daughter's English teacher and knowing his teaching style was curious about how he wrote.
I like his book, I am not sure how to characterize his book. At first I thought it was one type of story and then it jumped into something totally different. The foreshadowing kept me always wondering where the story was going to go next, and it didn't always go where I thought it would. I think that makes for an interesting read.

Overall, I thought it
Nawar Youssef
Jun 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: novels
First I wish GoodReads has half-star rating, because this book deserve more than 3-stars but also for my rating style I couldn't put it with the 4-stars :/
So my rating for this book: 3 and 1/2 star

One star : I didn’t like it at all.
Two star : No bad.
Three star : I liked the book and I enjoyed it.
Four star : I really liked the book, enjoyed it and it challenged my mind.
Five star : I loved the book, it’s awesome, unique, change my life and/or my way of thinking.

This was a good book and I really
Karla
Aug 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Sol was a book that didn't fit easily into some pattern I have already read. It was a book whose author used those literary constructs I remember studying in high school. There is foreshadowing. There is juxtaposition. There were other tools that were used to invite the reader to think. An unusual family is created... and challenged. A protagonist discovers that receiving what he had wanted wasn't really quite as refreshing as previously imagined. Love is found and stressed and strengthened. I ...more
Nicole Woods
Jun 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book had so much promise. I was then horribly disappointed at the end when the enlightened ending that suggested religion is a farce (like it is) was suddenly endorsing martyrdom for unbacked fanaticism. The book paraded itself as a fantasy novel, but was instead an allegory to dismiss the evil things religion has done and say well "Have faith. Because you have a soul" and the rest will just magically cure itself. It's suggesting that humanity cannot get by without religion regardless of ...more
Wade A.
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sol is by far the best book I have ever read and at no point was I able to put the book down. I'm sure I will read the book again several times over the years.
Sol has a gripping plot that engages the reader and keeps you turning the pages until you reach the cover and then makes you want to read it again. Whitehead provides the reader with an in depth look into the minds of characters Harmon and Thaddeus to reveal a deeper meaning behind the story.
I'm positive that everybody can get into this
Leandra Toomoth
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An interesting and engaging read, Sol produces a tale that moves and ignites one's heart and mind. Whitehead's warm voice is saturated in genuine empathy and appreciation for his characters and as he spins his tale he easily moves you to fall in love too. Although at first glance one may be fooled to believe the novel merely fulfills the tropes of fantasy fiction, the colorful tale serves as a platform for deep and intellectual conversations spanning on such topics as faith, hope, and tolerance. ...more
Kevin Chachakis
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book started off well. I enjoyed the character development for the first half of the book, as well as the story. Towards the end, I thought the story was going to be too predictable, and that I wouldn't enjoy the ending. I was surprised, however, and the book finished strong. Aside from the few grammar errors in the book, it is well written. I recommend this book to others.
Connor Underwood
T
Xiomara
Nikki Tegtmeyer
May 14, 2014
Henri Whitehead has aspired to be the next Mark Twain ever since he left his childhood home in rural Southwest Missouri to attend the prestigious Missouri School of Journalism at the University of Missouri in Columbia. He is a proud father of four beautiful children. When he's not writing, he works as an English teacher for McDonald County High School, where he also coaches track and cross ...more