Start by marking “Eden, Dawn (The Chronicles of Paradise, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eden, Dawn (The Chronicles of Paradise, #1)

Read Book

Eden, Dawn

(The Chronicles of Paradise #1)

The First Novel in the Gripping Young-Adult Sci-Fi Trilogy

Fleeing an Earth inferno, thirty thousand humans landed on a terrifying yet beautiful planet, they named Eden, hoping to find a new start. Ten years later three hundred and sixty-seven survive; staving off the brutal, carnivorous creatures that prey on them, holding out against a formidable humanoid species known,
Published April 27th 2014 by Swift Books

To ask other readers questions about Eden, Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eden, Dawn

Start your review of Eden, Dawn (The Chronicles of Paradise, #1)
Carolyn
Nov 14, 2015 rated it liked it

In the dying days of Earth, spaceships were sent to the planet Eden with thousands of humans on board to start a new colony. Only one ship arrived and many people died in the early days from toxic food, dangerous animals or taken by an unseen population already inhabiting Eden called 'Them'. The adults and leaders were most often killed or taken leaving orphaned teenagers and children to fend for themselves in small clans. All is not well in Ristan's clan as his new leader is cruel and spiteful
Brenda
It was the year 2048 when the spaceship Ark-I launched from Earth to escape the devastating destruction of the planet with thirty thousand specially chosen people; after a six-month journey through space, their arrival on a planet they named Eden was to be a homecoming of sorts – they would begin their new lives on this wonderfully verdant land, all starting afresh. But within hours a vast number of their people were dead; after ten years there were only three hundred and sixty seven people ...more
Veronica ⭐️
The ArkI fled Earth, in its final days, with 30,000 specially selected humans on board to start a new life on a new planet. They named this planet Eden, meaning paradise. However what these humans got was far from paradise.

It was a gory, terrible first hour on our new planet. An unforgiving, savage planet on which the odds were never in our favour.

Thousands died, within hours of landing, from eating poisonous berries.

Day one. Welcome to Eden? Tsk! Welcome to Hell.

Ten years on those that
Isabella Modra
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's very rare to find an author who can take on such a complex, dystopian theme and still make it work all by himself. That is exactly what Archer Swift has done in Eden, Dawn - a captivating story of human survival on a planet filled with horrendous creatures, unique landscaping and a terrifying enemy.

Ristan Abel is a true hero. He's awkward, he's humble, he's not the better looking of the bunch and yet he ends up being the one who defies all logic and trusts his heart to do the right thing.
Andrii Sedniev
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is extremely captivating story ordinary boy 17-year-old Ristan Abel who is one of the 367 survived humans that came from Earth to a beautiful planet named Eden. Survived people are at a huge danger because dangerous creatures are hunting on them and want to kill them all. Ristan Abel becomes needs to find a way to survive himself and to save his people. This book is full of interesting twists and adventures. I really liked it and can certainly recommend it.
Cynthia Red
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed my attention from the first pages. I really liked that while reading it I was able to see clearly a mental movie in my imagination about all adventures in the story and this movie was very interesting. In this story humanity has left Eearth to a distant planet in order to survive but after 10 years only 367 people survived. These people are in extreme danger and only Risan Abel can save them from the danger that awaits them in a new planet. The book has very interesting twists ...more
Amber Milton
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hooked from the first page. Fell in love with the characters and with every unveiling became more enchanted with this new planet and its inhabitants. That ending. I was, like, yay! ... OWM! ... huh? ... ahh ... whuh? ... Damn!

I haven't enjoyed a book that much for a long time. Looking so forward to the next instalment.
Tashia Jennings
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So excited that I get the pleasure of reading "Eden,Dawn" by Archer Swift for free thanks to Goodreads First Reader Giveaways! Thanks

I really enjoyed reading this book with all its action and drama from the very beginning. It is definitely a fast paced story that is easy to lose yourself in. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in the genre. This is a must read.
C.
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book - the whole thing from start to finish.

If you're looking at reviews of this book to see whether it's worth it, just give it a go anyway.

Also, if you liked movies like Avatar or Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, you'll like this book.
Susan Collins
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
From the opening scene, I fell in love with this story. Although it's set in a dark and menacing context, a merciless planet post-Earth where all sorts of creatures prey on the dwindling human population, this book is written with a clean spirit. That is to say, the message of this story (and all stories contain a message) isn't dark or sinister. Rather, anchored in the human condition, it's a story pregnant with hope and one that is deeply inspirational. For all the battles our protagonist ...more
Dale Stryder
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, I'm not into YA lit but this book disarmed me. Yes, I've always had a soft spot for science fiction but this coming of age drama focused on an interesting protagonist and an intriguing plot. I guess I saw a little of myself in Ristan Abel, and given the otherworldly, unearthly challenge he faces, I felt the book was well grounded avoiding a lot of what I dislike about YA fiction. I was hooked from the first page and was intrigued by the clever and enticing conclusion. Feel like ...more
Nicky Bruce
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Eden Dawn and felt completely pulled into this new planet and the characters' desperate struggle. For all his foibles, the protagonist quickly crept into my heart and I was just about out of breath by the end. A thrilling conclusion that immediately evokes a hundred questions. Now I wait eagerly for Noon.
Teresa Vogt
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One Young Man, One Huge Task, A Planet and it's Inhabitant's Against Him, Can he Save the Human Survivors by Himself?,
This review is from: Eden, Dawn: The Chronicles of Paradise (Kindle Edition)

{{***SPOILER ALERT***}} I really loved this story and got into it deeply, Now I need the sequel because I am dying to know what the next chapter in Paradise is like. This is great for Teens and upper level Tweens, it may need some parental assist for some questions but I think any kid with a space
Dina Roberts
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-books
I thought this was a great science fiction novel.

It's about earthlings being aliens on a planet called Eden. They have to deal with a variety of dangerous native fauna.

There's friendship, betrayal, suspense, tender moments, etc.

I like the narrator and the other characters as well.

Aspects of the story reminded me of Lost and the movie How To Train Your Dragon . So I'd recommend the book to people who enjoyed those stories.

The epilogue confused me a bit...I think it was the type that's
Peter McLennan
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a very entertaining read. The author does a great job of controlling the release of information, which creates a good deal of suspense and interest. Just when you think you know what's going to happen, a twist throws you.

The world and its creatures are vividly depicted. You feel like you're there.

I was wary about reading this book as I expected it to have no ending, since it is book one in a series. I need not have worried; the ending is very satisfying.
Patricia Kaniasty
What an exciting story. Full of action, gore, war, and even happiness. Reminded me just bit of the "Avatar" movie with a bit of "The Planet of the Apes" series thrown in. Exciting from start to finish.
Nicola
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story, and almost finished in one sitting!
Rebecca Foster
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Swift created a vivid world filled with complexity and loaded with intricate detail. This wasn't a fortuitous accident... a bestiary (written in a character's POV) can be found at the end of the book, and the in-depth descriptions of Eden's wildlife adds to the reader's enjoyment. Swift took time on the research, and it shows.

Further, I was entranced by the descriptions of them.

What did they look like? Well... I can't tell you that. See, I didn't know until midway through the ebook, and that
Jae Park
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Eden, Dawn" is the story of a group of people trying to survive on an alien planet after the demise of planet Earth. These people face quickly dwindling numbers and hardships. The new planet, Eden (or Zika) is a rough place to survive in. It is home to many predators who are very much larger than their Earth counterparts.

We follow the main character, Ristan Abel, as he tries to live through turmoil in his clan after their leader dies and the cruel Ruzzell tries to take over. Ristan stands
Archer Swift
Apr 29, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Enjoy! Grab your FREE eBook copy in multiple formats here.

"Not everyone dreams of greatness. Some dream of one more day. Some want to reach for the stars and thrive; I just want to reach tomorrow alive." (Ristan)
Gertie
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I almost gave this one four stars because it was a fun interesting read, but I felt frustrated by the secretive ending, and noticed a few too many things that could use a little editing (nothing major though). I might read book 2 since I enjoyed this one.
Daniel Bateman
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book from Good Reads. Very glad I did. Very captivating story with wonderful characters. If you enjoy science fiction with a story line that will grab you will definitely enjoy this one.
Angelina
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Entertaining SCI FI book with suspenseful dystopian theme. If you like Planet of the Apes this book will be for you.
Kira
Judith Pires
Aug 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I find it mind-boggling.

From a 24-lettered alphabet, we've amassed 1,025,110 words in the English language (and counting). From these words, we create innumerable sentences and paragraphs from which we get ideas that stir thought and tales that we love and cherish.

Truly amazing.

I can only hope that the words I piece into sentences and the paragraphs I shape into stories enrich and inspire and

The Chronicles of Paradise (3 books)
  • Eden, Noon (The Chronicles of Paradise, #2)
  • Eden, Dusk (The Chronicles of Paradise, #3)