Start by marking “Logan's Story (Sand & Clay, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Logan's Story (Sand & Clay, #0.5)

Logan's Story

(Forbidden Rockers #1)

The first book in a brand new series from bestselling author Sarah Robinson, Logan's Story is a glimpse into the famous rockstars past and how he achieved his fame. Before the lights, stage, and music, Logan Clay struggles to figure out who he can trust and whether or not love comes with guitar strings attached.

Logan Clay has the talent, and he's put in the time.
All he n
Published June 8th 2014 by Createspace (first published June 7th 2014)

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
 photo sandandclayFeatIMG_zps71f3370b.png

Logan’s Story is #0.5 in the Sand Clay series by Sarah Robinson.

Logan Clay is very close to his parents. His mother is in a wheel chair and his father cares for her full time so the responsibility of paying the bills falls on Logan’s shoulders. It’s a huge responsibility but one he easily accepts. There is one thing, though, that Logan might love more than even his family. His music. At a young age he showed a natural ability with the guitar and it soon became his life. Now as an adult, he’s t
Sarah Robinson
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-work
Love romance and rockstars? Pick up the prequel to the Forbidden Rockers series today! Exclusively on Kindle Unlimited, this entire series will leave you smiling.

Logan's Story (Book 1): http://amzn.to/1XI0viq
Her Forbidden Rockstar (Book 2): http://amzn.to/1XI0tr2
Rocker Christmas (Book 3): http://amzn.to/1m2Dbv4

Or see here for Amazon links if you're in UK, CA, or AU:
Heidi Ryan
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed beta reading this story for the author. I think this is my new favorite book of hers. This is the prequel to Sand and Clay, and it introduces us to Logan before he becomes a famous rock star, back when he was playing in bars with his band. This story has so much depth and challenging events, I was surprised that it could all fit in a novella. But it works so well, I was gripped by the story, and when I got to the end, I yelled no!
Logan has played guitar his whole life. Now, he f
Destiny
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to be given the chance to BETA read this book!

Sarah has done it again. Such a great book. I fell in love with Logan. An Old soul in a young man's body while trying to care for his family, yet follow his dreams. This story just pulls on your heart strings. Then there's Gina! ahhhhh GINA! That's all that I can say about her..LOL I was ooooo'ing and awwwww'ing through the whole story.The twists and turns, up and downs, and real emotions. The story just flows together and you reall
Beth Hurley
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was very happy to be asked to be beta reader for this story. This was an amazing story and I love it so much. I love Logan Clay.
This story is about Logan Clay before he was a Rockstar. There was so much going on in this story and I did not want to put It down. It had so much emotion in it that I cried a lot. Logan Clay is an amazing man who worked to jobs to help his family pay bills. He would sing at clubs with his band and he would work another job early in the mornings. He hardly got any s
Shanoff Reads
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book first in the Sand & Clay Forbidden Rockstar series. For some really I like reading the prequel first just so I can understand why a character is the way that they are. I am so so happy that I did because it gave a better understanding of Logan Clay and Gina Vile.

In this novella we get tons of information about Logan and his past and why he is where he is in Sand & Clay. I was able to connect with him better because he got to see who he was before his fame and recognitio
Louisa
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sarah-robinson
wow another great read from Sarah Robinson, I was hooked from beginning to end.

Sarah is excellent at showing a wide range of emotions from her character and how they interact with each other.

Logan becomes the sole bread winner in his family after a horrible car accident. He works crazy hours in a warehouse so he can play with is friends in
a band. Will the boys get their big break - you will just have to read it to find out.

I have already brought Sand and Clay the next part of Logan's story and I
Michelle Holloway
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great prequel. I could relate to Logan. The choices he had to make for himself and his family are not always the easiest to make. I love the secondary characters in this book as well. They are very well written and you feel like you know them. I am really looking forward to reading the next in this series and seeing where the story takes these characters. Great novella! Very well written.
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Through the eyes of a child, seeing his father tear up after learning that his mother could no longer use or feel her legs was devastating. He couldn't even imagine how his life would be growing up. But with the help of his ever patient father and circle of friends, Logan became the hardworking, passionate, adored man he is today.

Reading about his past and the events that unfolded before rising to his rockstar status was a good way of introducing Logan, the man of the hour. His fascination with
Sam
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
oh logan you have become my new book boyfriend loved this book. I think I cried a bit too much . Sarah is a fantastic author the characters are great and well written. this is one book you really need to pick up.
Justin Robinson
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I helped to beta read and edit this book, I loved it! It's even better than Sand & Clay which I read a long time ago. It explains Logan's decisions and really makes you like his character. The emotions are real and edgy, the situations are real, you can feel for each and every character. Definitely go get this book, a wonderful read!
Wendy Ward
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Logan is the lead singer of a band offered a shot at getting a contract. The only problem is that the company wants only Logan. Gina is a girl Logan met at the bar, whose father just happens to be the guy that offers Logan a shot with his company. While in New York Logan confesses his love for Gina, but turns tail and runs back home when he finds out that Gina wasn’t exactly forthright in who she was when they met. Will Logan’s Story have a happy ending?
Logan is the epitome of a good guy. He’s
Michellee Vedder
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was extremely excited to beta read this for the author as I already LOVE her other books! I would recommend this to anybody who loves a good heartwarming story with a little emotions & romance. It is such a quick read I didn't realize how much I had read until I had to stop to check & realized I hadn't even read half of it yet! Lol This is a prequel to Sand & Clay which as soon as I'm done writing this review..... I'm off to start reading! I'm so excited to catch up & see what ...more
Maria "Rosie" Poli
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This story is full of emotions and loyalty. I fell in love with Logan Clay, he is a tough Irish Man with a very good heart. He has sacrificed a part of himself to be the financial support for his parents. Logan and his band play at small gigs at night and then he works the graveyard shift at a warehouse. Logan is totally dedicated. Music is Logan’s fuel. He feels through his music. He lives through his music. When he meets Gina Vile, she stirs up his feelings; feelings he hadn't felt in a very l ...more
Heather Way
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Logan's story was His relationship from 2010 to current. Him making to the person he was meant to be. His mom and family getting the help they needed. This book as well was awesome it gave you romance love and Happiness. I wish I would of read it before i read the above book. Both stories were well written. And wrap you in to the story. I felt Logan was a very emotional man that Loved Deeply and put all himself into relationships 100%. No matter who he is with.
This is where Gina came in she ther
Anna Salamatin
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a very enjoyable read. I am hoping that the " Clay and Sand" will tell me more about Logan and Gina's relationship, which kind of seemed like it went from love, to him being in her debt. Like she was lording the kidney she gave over him.......with that being said, I found Logan's Story to be a touching and emotional telling of his story. His family's devotion towards each other and the band taking away any guilt he felt is what makes it possible for him to follow his dream. He truly dese ...more
C.M. Foss
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, I challenge you to read this prequel and not be DYING to read Sand and Clay next!! The ending actually made my stomach hurt. Aaaaaah! Poor Logan. Just....whoa.
Logan's Story is a quick peek into his ride to fame and all that goes on in Sarah Robinson's twisted little mind. I was completely captivated by the entire thing. It's hard to remember it's just a prequel and not it's own damn story and I want more!!!
Wendy Syposs Litz
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was the perfect introduction to Sand and Clay! It gave insight into Logan's relationships with his parents and Gina. this book told you who Logan really was,and what drove him to go into the music business. The writer did a great job with this book! She did not skip between the present and the past. There was no confusion! It was a very straightforward intro to the next book,Sand &Clay. i will definitly be buying Sand&Clay to read the rest of Logan's story!
CDBW
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review
I received the ok in return for an honest review.

4.5 Stars!

I enjoyed reading this and learning more about Logan. I was captivated right from the start just as I have been with all of Sarah Robinson's books. I do wish I had read this one first because it would have given me a better understanding of Logan's character. However, I just couldn't wrap my head around his and Gina's relationship because of how she was in Sand & Clay.
Sarah Robinson
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

Logan's Story (Book 1): http://amzn.to/1XI0viq
Her Forbidden Rockstar (Book 2): http://amzn.to/1XI0tr2
Rocker Christmas (Book 3): http://amzn.to/1m2Dbv4

Or see here for Amazon links if you're in UK, CA, or AU:
Joy Pantorillo
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full review can be found at: http://bujoijoi22.wordpress.com/2014/...

I really, really love this story! A must read from Sarah Robinson. Story of family, friendship, love and choices. Amazing read that made me fall in love with the story as a whole.
Nicole Allen
I loved Sand & Clay when I read it, but this was even better! I completely fell in love with Logan even MORE in this book, which I didn't think possible! I now understand why he was with Gina and why he made the decisions he did in Sand & Clay. It makes total sense now and I absolutely ma in love with this series. I can't wait for more books in this series.... I love Logan Clay!!!!
Joy Whiteside
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Sarah Robinson has done it again. I could not put it down till I finished. It moved along at a great pace, has amazing characters and a fantastic story. This has to be on your must read list. No doubt about it.
Shaunna Armstrong
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story is beautiful but heart breaking at the same time. Logan who grows up taking care of everyone, finally gets a break until another detour is thrown at him. I can't wait to see what happens in Sand & Clay... something tells me that Logan is gonna have to make a huge decision regarding Gina.
Jen Frisby
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely A W E S O M E!!!!
Amanda
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book kept me hooked until the last page. I loved Logan in Sand and Clay and this just put the icing on one yummy cake. Great Read.
Val
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This novella starts off with learning about Logan Clay before he becomes a famous rock star. He is such a caring person and works two jobs to help his family pay the bills while his dad stays at home to care for his mother after her accident. He plays in a band with three of his closest friends in bars. He loves to play and sing music. He meets Gina, who he really connects with since he never really has time for a relationship, this is all new for him. A scout comes to hear his band play to see ...more
Nicole
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**I was given this eBook from the author for an honest review**

This is the prequel to Sand & Clay series. It introduces us to Logan Clay, a young man that works a 12 hour shift that starts at three AM in a warehouse. When Logan isn't working at the warehouse, he is playing at some of the local bars in the area with his band which contains three of his best friends. He's working to help his parents out. He doesn't have to but he does it because he loves them and wants whats best. This book wa
Stephanie Daley
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome storyline!! I cannot wait to read the sequel. Sarah's writing style is great. Her character build up is perfect and does not go on and on where you forget where the story is heading. Perfect drama without the overkill..i like drama but sometimes authors go overboard and makes me gag and delete the story from my kindle. There are three things i do with books i read:

1. read it and like it and put in under the collection READ.
2. read it and love it and give the author their own collection s
Lisa Lawson
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Logan's Story

The story of a struggling singer and guitarist and how he got his start.
Logan Clay is a true mommas boy with a high respect for his family and responsibilities. He works 3rd shift at a factory to help pay the families bills and pursues his dream with his band playing clubs for tips and to be recognized.
Logan's luck changes when he meets Gina and her father and is offered a recording contract. One drawback the contract is only for him not the rest of the band.
Logan has to decide wh
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Rock Star's Angel
  • Escaping Me (Shaft on Tour, #1)
  • Cover Me (True North, #1)
  • All Night Long (Black Halo, #1)
  • Static
  • Unveiled Ties (Intoxicating Passion, #2)
  • Hidden In Shadows (Haunted By The Past, #1)
  • Without You
  • Tempt Me Not (Wicked, #1)
  • Rock My Heart (Scarlet Fever, #1)
  • One Night Stand with the Rockstar (With the Rockstar #1)
  • Finding Her Rhythm (Backstage Pass, #1)
  • Rock Him
  • Bound Anthology
  • Travis (Buffalo Rocker Series, #1)
  • Anything But Mine (When You're Gone, #1)
  • Death of a Rock Star (The Boy in the Band, #0.5)
  • The Farther I Fall
Sarah Robinson is a Top 10 Bestselling Author on Barnes & Noble and Top 25 on Amazon.

Purchase Sarah's Books Here:
 photo amazon-buy-button_zps00381138.png  photo button-buy-barnes-and-noble_zps9113bbbd.gif  photo iBooksButton_zps19885ad5.png  photo kobo-buy-button-fw_1_zpsf2f39855.png

Join the Goodreads Fan Club here

Stalk Sarah on Social Media:
Click on any of the links below to be taken to one of the social media sites!
Author Website | Subscribe to Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon Profile | Goodreads Profile | Tumblr | Instagram | Pi

Forbidden Rockers (2 books)
  • Her Forbidden Rockstar (Forbidden Rockers, #2)
  • Rocker Christmas (Forbidden Rockers, #3)
“Stole my heart just to throw it away,
No explanation for the games you play.
Am I just a Friday night to you,
Or are we going to see this through?”
1 likes