Start by marking “Two of Hearts (Golden Arrow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Two of Hearts (Golden Arrow, #1)

Two of Hearts (Golden Arrow #1)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  381 Ratings  ·  125 Reviews
A gripping standalone adult romance about finding yourself while taking a second chance at your first love…

Published May 5th 2015 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about Two of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two of Hearts

Patrycja

Release Date: 5 May, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

If you are familiar with Christina’s Between Breaths Series you probably know she writes very well. Her characters are original and unique and mostly her stories are just smokin’ hot! Two of Hearts is just as sexy and interesting as that series. It’s definitely gripping, interesting novel with intense romance that I immensely enjoyed. I fel
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2 stars!

Keeping it short and simple: this book was a bust.

A bit about the story

The heroine's father is killed, though his death is speculated to be a murder. The hero is a US Marshall back in his hometown figuring out the case and at the same time reconciles with his old flame.

Strike 1

This book needs to be advertised under romantic suspense, HEAVY on the suspense rather than stuck under NA romance. While I'm a huge fan of RS reads, I need to go into books knowing what genre they are as I hav
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 4-star-books
4 Finding Love again Stars

Two of Hearts is a standalone and is not linked to a series. Two of Hearts does have Rachel and Kai and their story can be found in Whisper to Me. You do not need to read Whisper to Me prior to reading Two of Hearts.

We briefly met Dakota and Shane in Whisper to me, but now they are all grown up. Shane and Dakota broke up when Shane left to train as a U.S. Marshal. Now, years later he’s back in town and Dakota doesn’t know how she feels about this.

This is about you an
Christina
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
I wrote this book and wanted to clear up a few questions. ;-)

TWO OF HEARTS is an ADULT ROMANCE and it is NOT part of my New Adult Between Breaths series.

Yes, the two main characters--Dakota and Shane--can be found in WHISPER TO ME, but this is not considered a spin-off series. It's just Dakota and Shane all grown up. They are in their late twenties, are facing life-altering dilemmas, and have a second chance at love.

I loved writing this book and I truly hope you enjoy reading it.

Hope that hel
♥Rachel♥
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Growing up together, Dakota and Shane crushed on each other for years. Shane was not only her brother’s best friend, but he was also a fixture in their family, close to all members. Back in college they gave into their attraction and had a passionate romance, but insecurities prevented Shane and Dakota from expressing just how deeply they felt for one another, and their life goals took them in opposite directions.

Dakota had always known she’d take over the family’s successful casino and Shane w
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Rendered Image

I absolutely adore and love Christina Lee. She never fails in delivering you a love story that will make your hearts flutter and have you swooning for the heroes. So if you haven't read a Christina Lee book, I don't know what to say but you are really missing out!!! Ms. Lee's storytelling and writing are so beautifully well done and crafted. If you want romance, drama, angst, and emotions then you should definitely go read o
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.5/5

Review coming soon!
Amy
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Stay. Such a substantial word. A word that made me weak in the knees because I was utterly vulnerable to it. To the idea of it. To the longing embedded deep in my soul to have someone remain in my life because they wanted to. Needed to.”

Two of Hearts was a very enjoyable read. Two of Hearts follows the story of Dakota and Shane. Dakota has always been very strong, independent and stubborn. But when her father suddenly passes away, her world is knocked off it’s axis. She’s struggling to stay str
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
ARC provided by Penguin Intermix via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Melissa
Sep 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Whisper To Me was the first book I happened to pick up in the Between Breaths series and I fell hard for Kai. Knowing this was his sister's book, I was looking forward to diving in. Dakota and Shane's story is one of second chances and not being afraid to go after what you want, or I should say who. There is a strong sense of family, friendship and Indian customs throughout this story that really tie the characters together and add meaning to the story.

The circumstances aren't ideal, but the d
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Christina Lee has been on my radar for a very long time but I haven’t had the chance to read one of her books until now. TWO OF HEARTS is unique because it deals with modern Native American struggles that don’t get often showcased in romances too often. I liked the author’s take on the books and felt that they added something unique and interesting.

However the one thing that immediately stood out in Dakota and Shane’s story is Lee’s writing. She’s a very polished writer whose makes it easy to
Sheryl
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Berkley*
Kimberly
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars - My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2015/05...

Two of Hearts is an engaging story of finding and fighting for home, wrapped up in a passionate reunion romance. Dakota and Shane have sizzling chemistry and author Christina Lee delivers incredibly hot scenes in Two of Hearts . On its own, this could make the book a highly entertaining read. But it’s the way Dakota and Shane are as individuals and how that plays into their rekindled romance that make
Jessica
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, reviewed
I am a huge Christina Lee fan, so when I saw she was writing Dakota's story I was super excited. We briefly met her in Whisper to Me, as she is Kai's sister. I had no idea this book would be more of a romantic suspense, and I have to say- I adored that! The romance is weaved into the suspense-filled plot so effortlessly and I found myself completely engaged from start to finish.

This book is really plot heavy on the building tension with the Casino Association. After Dakota's father dies, the cas
Karen
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Christina writes amazing N/A books. Strong, likeable characters. Great story lines. New venture into a more mature audience, and a change is as good as a rest so they say.

Words that sum this book up for me:

Family
Pride
Prejudice
Culture
Betrayal

Christina wonderfully portrays the deep family love of the Nakos family and their Indian culture.

"He'll always be around. In the sound of the wind, the melody of the crickets, and the brilliance of the sunset."

"Blue Cloud teaches that we're all made from the
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
The same, yet different...
I'm a big fan of Christina Lee's Between Breaths series so I was excited to read Two of Hearts. I had already met Kai & Rachel in Whisper to Me so it was kind of a reunion. I enjoyed the tribal experience and learned a few things about their beliefs and customs. After learning that Dakota is Native American and that Shane has pale skin I had trouble with my visuals because those descriptions don't match the book cover. I found this book to be less emotional and lean
Maria Rose
Though Christina Lee is better known for her new adult romances, she does an admirable job here with this second chance romance between Dakota and Shane. They were high school sweethearts but when Shane felt called to be a U.S. Marshall, Dakota let him go without a fight, figuring he'd be better off following his heart (though it broke hers). Now back together when her father dies unexpectedly, Shane is determined that things this time will end differently.

I quite enjoyed this story. The basic p
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
*I received an ARC of this book for an honest review

If you are a fan of Christina Lee’s Between Breaths series, you will love this adult novel, Two of Hearts. You will see familiar faces in this novel—Rachel and Kai and the Nakos family--and meet some new ones. We have meet Dakota and Shane briefly in Whisper to Me. This is now their story to tell. Dakota is all grown up in this book and Shane has come back to pay respects to her family upon the death of her father.

Shane and Dakota share a hist
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

I had high hopes going into this book. I’ve loved every book I’ve read from Christina Lee to date and then I saw she was writing an adult second chance romance and I was just over the moon. I love second chance romances and this book was a total win for me. She writes such great romances and Two Of Hearts was no exception.

I really loved Dakota, but damn did that girl frustrate me. It actually took me some time to really love her because she is such
Valerie
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2015-reads
I really enjoy those stories that blend something more with the romance because they feel more real. This is one of those books.

Dakota and Shane left things unsettled 5 years ago and now a death has brought them to the same place. It's a possibility for a second chance at their first love. But that's not all. As they struggle to deal with seeing each other again, they also have to deal with controversy and the question of who's behind it.

Things are never neat is life and when a book muddies th
Irene
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it

Two of Hearts was a very good read.

I really enjoyed the storyline, it was one of those books that you didn't want to put down =)

Thank you Netgalley and PENGUIN GROUP Berkley, NAL / Signet Romance, DAW for the advance copy.
Livia
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance addicts (includes sexy & suspenseful elements)
Recommended to Livia by: Christina Lee
Mix two alpha personalities and throw in some suspense - a recipe for a great read!

I loved it! Author Christina Lee is one of my top favorite authors and she never disappoints me. I wish that I could have timed my read of this better so that I had the entire weekend to indulge in it and finish it uninterrupted by work and other evening tasks. But reading it during my lunch break walks worked as well. Dakota and Shane's lovestory definitely made an excellent exercise motivator.

Minor Spoilers Al
Sandy S
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 5, 2015

Dakota Nakos was always the resilient, strong-willed achiever. But when her father dies and she’s entrusted with the family’s casino, she feels vulnerable, scared, and more than a little emotional —not exactly the best time to see an old lover she’s never really gotten over.

Dakota once meant the world to Shane Garrity. Then suddenly he left town to train as a U.S. Marshal, and their love for each other crashed into a memory. Now he’s come home fo
Sophia
I was tickled with excitement to learn that one of my favorite authors was tackling her first adult contemporary romance. The story is connected to book three of the New Adult Between Breaths series, but is a standalone. There was a second chance romance and a mystery to keep me interested through the story that is distinguished by its setting of a modern tribe, their concerns, and the Nakos family casino.

The story opens with the funeral of Dakota's father who was killed in a mugging. She feels
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A shocking death, a casino in turmoil, can two old flames find their way back to each other?

Opening Sentence: “I inhaled a shaky breath as his coffin lowered into the solid ground.”

The Review:

Dakota is reeling from her father’s murder when she sees Shane at the funeral. She instantly remembers all of her feelings for him and tries to remain aloof. Two of Hearts is a romance but also a mystery. The mystery is Linden’s death and the turmoil th
Lindy
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lindy's Thoughts:

I enjoy all of the books that Ms. Lee has written. Her Between Breaths Series is one of my favorite in the New Adult Genre. Imagine my surprise and utter excitement when I discovered that Kai and Rachel from, Whisper to Me, were in this story! While Two of Hearts is a standalone novel, I was giddy over the fact that two of my favorite characters from one of her previous books had crossed over!

In Two of Hearts, we get Dakota Nakos and Shane Garrity's story told from both of their
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
Dakota and Shane lit the pages on fire. Dakota’s strong personality (which occasionally bordered on stubborn) and Shane’s possessive and protective nature were perfectly matched. When they finally connected, it was practically a combustion. When he promises to be there for Dakota – whether she needs a good listen or a good fuck – my clothes may have started to remove themselves.

I hadn’t read any of Christina Lee’s other books that have these characters in them, nor did I pigeonhole this story in
Jenn
It's interesting to me that this is considered a standalone book when we've met these characters (and others) in another series of Lee's. I'm assuming it's because of the jump from New Adult to Adult? Anyway...

After the death of her father, Dakota Nakos finds herself running the casino he left behind. As if dealing with this loss wasn't enough, now it seems like the Native American community Dakota was raised in doesn't want her or her mother there anymore. Add that to her ex showing up, and Dak
Michelle
May 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, review-on-blog
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**

Two of Hearts is a standalone new adult romance by Christina Lee. I have read, and totally loved, a handful of books in Christina Lee's new adult Between Breaths series. This book had a different vibe to it. It works great as a standalone as well. I really enjoyed this second chance romance between Shane and Dakota, and I loved the insight it gave me into the Native American and reservation culture. That is not a cul
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
description

Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

Two of Hearts is the first book I’ve read from Christina Lee. I’d really been looking forward to this one when I read the blurb since I LOVE second chance romances. I found Two of Hearts fairly enjoyable, but sadly, the romance and plot were a bit underwhelming. Still, I really liked the underlying sense of family and friendship tied with the Indian culture that’s portrayed heavily in this book.

Dakota and Shane were each other’s first loves, but when the t
  • Leveling the Field (Gamers #4)
  • Wanderlust
  • Stay Until We Break (Hub City, #2)
  • Courtship of the Cake (Much "I Do" About Nothing, #2)
  • Brave Enough (Tall, Dark, and Dangerous, #3)
  • Season of Second Chances
  • Shattered by Fate (Fate's Path, #2)
  • Reclaim Me (Chasing Fire, #3)
  • Burn It Up (Desert Dogs, #3)
  • From Scratch (Blue Plate, #1)
  • I Do (If Only..., #3)
  • Glimmer
  • Contradictions (Woodfalls Girls, #3)
  • Taken by You (The Killer Next Door, #2)
  • Held Against You
  • Against the Ropes (First to Fight, #2)
  • Control You (Coldcreek, #2)
  • A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2)
Mother, wife, reader, dreamer. Christina lives in the Midwest with her husband and son--her two favorite guys. She's addicted to lip balm, coffee, and kissing. Because everything is better with kissing.

She writes MM Contemporary as well as Adult and New Adult Romance. She believes in happily-ever-afters for all, so reading and writing romance for everybody under the rainbow helps quench her soul.
More about Christina Lee

Golden Arrow (2 books)
  • Three Sacred Words (Golden Arrow #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be