Start by marking “Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes That Take Five Minutes or Less” as Want to Read:
Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes That Take Five Minutes or Less

Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes That Take Five Minutes or Less

DISCOVER:: How to Add DOZENS of Positive Changes to Your Daily Routine
Want to improve your life, but don't have enough time? Right now you could easily think of a dozen ways to instantly improve your life. Odds are, these ideas will only take a few minutes apiece to complete. The problem? You might feel like there's not enough time to do all of them. One solution can be
Published April 15th 2014

Maede
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
این کتاب روشی برای ایجاد عادت های خوب رو توضیح میده که بر مبنای انجام دادن کارهای کوچک ولی مفیدی در یک روتین پشت هم هستش. بیشتر اطلاعات کتاب رو از قبل می دونید ولی بیشتر سعی در جمع آوری و مرتب کردن داره و راه های مرحله به مرحله ای ارائه میده که به ساختن روتین های عادتی جدید نزدیک بشید

نود و هفت عادت خوب رو هم توصیه می کنه که بعضی واقعا خوب و بعضی به درد نخور شاید باشه
چیزی که در این کتاب دوست داشتم لینک دادن به سایت ها و مقالات و اپلیکیشن های کاربردی مرتبط با متن بود
در کل کتاب کوچک به درد بخوری می
Jaime
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
1.5 stars - Heaven help me. This book should have been titled "Life for Dummies." If I instituted even half of the habits they recommend into my daily routine, I would never leave the house. I'd be too busy flexing in the mirror and picking up three things and drinking a glass of water and complimenting myself. Nothing new here. Nothing novel or bright. Thank goodness I did not pay any money for this and only wasted an hour or so.

I am really on a bad reading roll.
Nikhil Kumra
Feb 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
Read this book if you just absolutely do not have a grasp on the basics of waking up in the morning and just being "alive"... The majority of tips are very, VERY basic things. Not valuable.
Andrea James
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's very unusual for me to give a 4-star rating to a book that is so short and one that is made up of a compilation of blog posts even! Actually, I don't give 4 and 5 ratings often at all.

But in its simplicity and brevity, the book does distill quite a few habits that improve our lives. I'd come across most of the recommended habits from other sources and I have personally implemented a lot of them with positive results.

However, something that I thought was lacking in this book was adequate re
Daniel Threlfall
May 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
I liked the concept, but the book was completely bereft of evidence — experiential or scientific — to support the injunctions.

As to the 97 habits, they were pretty arbitrary. Habits like "flex your muscles in the mirror" are right up there with "schedule your day."
Eric
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Big doors swing on little hinges."

I read Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes That Take Five Minutes or Less by S.J. Scott. Book #49 of 182, 107 pages, finished 4/9/2017.

Habit Stacking is two core elements:
- Why and how to habit stack - build a routine that greatly improves your life that only takes 15-30 minute a day, going through a set list of tasks, at the same time every day, in the same order.
- 97 of these habits that could part of your habits.

I bought this book for the 97 habits. I alre
Walt
Jul 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: other
I was very disappointed by this book. The 97 ideas seemed pretty random as though he just came up with them off the top of his head. There were a number of duplicates (e.g. the gratitude journal). Many of the suggestions while good in general would be next to impossible to implement in a daily routine in less than 5 minutes. Based on his time estimates and ease with which some of his habits can be implemented I'm also going to guess that hes not married and doesn't have kids.

The habit stacking i
TienvoorNegen
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Let me start by telling you I usually detest self help and improvement books. I picked up this book because the title did sway me a bit. Life changes that take 5 minutes or less. Who doesn't want that!

Well. There are a some good tips in this book. (and always good to find out that a lot of them are already in my normal routine, so yay. More of the less minutes). Putting the emphasis on small steps is good, encouraging and rewarding. So if you live a cluttered and disorganised life, this book mig
Alhanouf
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-my-book-case
Brief and to the point and very practical. I loved the idea of mini habits and the (capture every idea) idea!
We read a lot of these books that promote planning and initiating a healthy daily routine but often planning this routine takes ages and we end up not following it. This book is realistic and believes in small changes that do not require overthinking . I recommend this book to all my best friends . It's small ,less than 130 pages but full of tips and ideas. And actually fun to read!
Sevil
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Suman
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
It's a quick ebook that gives you quick and useful tips. This isn't some blog posts put together into a book. It makes a lot of sense. It tells you how habit stacking works and how you should go about creating your routine. It covers 97 habits spanning 7 areas of life - one can pick and choose which areas you want to work on. Productivity and leisure were most useful for me and finance and spirituality, the least. The examples of stacking in the end give a fair idea of how to put things into pra ...more
Scott Rossell
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
A bit over-hyped for just a list of life hacks. Still, I was able to glean a few useful tips; about a dozen actually. Also, I read the latest version with 127 tips, so 12 of 127? Meh.
Dan Richter
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dan by: Guardian Weekly
Shelves: english, self-help
[Zu überspringende Vorrede] Wenn ich religiöse Menschen um irgendetwas beneide, dann nicht etwa darum, dass sie im Angesicht des Todes "Hoffnung" haben, sondern um ihre Rituale, ihre klare, aufgeräumte Welt. Wenn man als Kind und Jugendlicher aber andauernd sich von den durch nichts gerechtfertigten Normen und Ritualen absetzte, muss man sie leider später immer wieder neu lernen. Prokrastination, Unordentlichkeit, Zeit und Geld verplempern usw. Wahrscheinlich wäre die Self-Help-Book-Industrie ni ...more
Meghan Davis strader
I like the concept, but will need to create my own habits. Scott's micromanaging of every second didn't seem so much "habit forming" as "soul & money sucking". Making a dinner or lunch date every day will break the bank! Sending an encouraging text to someone every day is really unnecessary (in my mind). It's good to be thinking of other people, but it seems so artificial to scour the internet for something "inspiring" to fulfill some kind of arbitrary habit goal.
So...I do think it is good
Paige
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quick Read and Good Ideas

I read this book in a short amount of time - maybe an hour or less? It gave multiple examples, was well written, and drew from research findings and psychology to ensure it provided the best advice/assistance possible. I'm excited to start my new morning habits stacked neatly into one. I got this book for free through Prime Reading (sort of like checking out a library book), so I can't say if it's worth the price because I'm not sure how much it costs.
Ruby
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice quick read with some good ideas for habit stacking. I really liked that he added in a lot of links to help support your new habits. I'm always wanting to create new habits and really love the idea of stacking them into a routine. A little bit different to other books I've read about this. Would recommend it if you want to create some new and helpful habits - a good book for coaches to recommend to clients that want to create new habits too
Kaat V
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Heel graag en vlotjes gelezen. Over hoe kleine gewoontes grote effecten kunnen hebben en ze na verloop van tijd ook totaal geen moeite meer kosten (iemand nog moeite met het poetsen van de tanden ?). 97 suggesties en ook een aantal strategieën om vol te houden en al te voorzien wat er gebeurt als je routine (want gewoontes hangen vast aan triggers) door elkaar geschud worden.
De moeite waard !
Chris
Jul 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Takeaways:

Big doors often swing small hinges. In other words, large life change often depends on several small [but consistently applied] behaviors.

Lift is a simple, free smart phone app that allows one to track simple behaviors over time.

Habits stacking is the ability to snowball several small behavioral changes in order to fuel confidence and create momentum.
Rachel Burger
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
It is what it says it is

Lots of really obvious ideas; the book only provides 1-2 ideas per section that are creative. Great descriptions and how-tos. There isn't much wrong with the book, but it could be much improved upon in the quality of recommended life changes.
Marylou
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good ideas to develop better habits.

By starting with five minutes at a a time you can begin to build routines that help you develop better habits. I am deciding where to start! A very motivating book.
Brenna
Oct 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Habit forming....

Pun intended. Not a bad idea for forming new habits. I reserve the right to give it a higher rating once I have attempted the plan....
antony brennan
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The premise of this book is very interesting. Improving your life is not all about the big things, actually it is all about the small thing.

When implement a number of small changes, big things have happened. What’s great about this idea is that it is much easier to do.

It is hard to radically change your life, it is wasn’t hard you won’t be reading a book like this trying to finds a way to do it. It is easy to make some small change, to start doing some easy thing that has a small impact, and th
Kay
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
I'm not sure what I expected when I went into this book, but I don't think I got it. I planned on reading some revolutionary habits that would really spark some inspiration into my life and make me want to jump on the habit bandwagon.

What I got was a very simplistic list of things that I pretty much do already. I can understand what he's saying by breaking this down so basically, but if you've read any article about habits, habit ideas, etc. already, this is a bit redundant.

That's not to say tha
Alicia Fox
Oct 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nonfiction
If you're a feral human who was never told, "Drink at least eight glasses of water a day," etc., this book will change your life. However, if you manage to get out of bed daily between midnight and midnight and remember to breathe with some regularity, skip this one.

I really missed my calling with the DIY publishing market. If someone had told me back in high school that it was possible to earn a living typing out random crap and passing off stuff my grandmother told me as sage advice, oy vey, I
Mary Rose
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: life, productivity
Because corporate America has ruined me and determined that I should seek out self-improvement books, I picked this one up for free on my Kindle. I'm glad it was free.
It's not that this book says anything bad, it just doesn't say anything new. And, honestly, I don't know what else you can say about building good habits: just do it, and then do it again, and then do it again. That's all there is to it.
So, I wouldn't recommend procrastinating on whatever you should be doing by reading this book.
Jaimin Dave
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read the eBook version! I have slowly started following the principles mentioned in this book. The habit formation idea of finding your trigger to move to the next habit and spending only 5 minutes daily is amazing tip. I didn't find the 97 changes that powerful. They could be replaced with many things I already know. Although the author clearly states that these things you already know, I just want you to use the formula to form the habits you want to have.
Mary
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I list it, I list it not, and then...this book reminds the reader to begin at the beginning, as in maintaining contact to maintain relationships, and build from there. Simple, yes, but we all forget to do it, and then wonder why nothing is working quite as hoped. A good set of reminders and a good pep talk. Sampled this book and decided to not pursue it further. Not really a bad sign for the book -- I am on a mission to become encyclopedic in self-help.
Jose Bonilla
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Great Collection, but not Revolutionary

The collection of potential habits to adopt or "stack" is great. The idea of habit stacking is also pretty new to me and I enjoyed learning about it. I did realize that I do already do something like this in my life. It was great to read it from another person's point of view.

If you are wanting to figure out where to start making small changes in your life, this is a great read.
Pablo
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve enjoyed the book a lot. It contains a lot of triggers and good reasons for one to change small habits that would help you towards a bigger goal.

I’ve notice that even if I had some of these habits the importance of linking them all into different types of routines can foster from a energetic start of my day to fostering concentration.
Anastasia
Full of actionable advice

The notion of a stack of habits is very well explained and illustrated in this book. I would have given the book five stars if it contained more examples, taking account of gender, ability, and age differences, e.g. something for very young children and teenagers as well as for seniors and the less able.
  • Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results (Mini Habits, #1)
  • Getting Results the Agile Way: A Personal Results System for Work and Life
  • Leap First: Creating Work That Matters
  • Simpler Living: Over 1,500 Ways to Simplify, Streamline, and Remake Your Life
  • Bourgeois Equality: How Ideas, Not Capital or Institutions, Enriched the World
  • The Moment of Clarity: Using the Human Sciences to Solve Your Toughest Business Problems
  • The Telephone Book: Technology, Schizophrenia, Electric Speech
  • The Laws of Subtraction: Six Simple Rules for Winning in the Age of Excess Everything
  • Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It
  • A Philosopher's Notes: On Optimal Living, Creating an Authentically Awesome Life and Other Such Goodness, Vol. 1
  • Culturematic: How Reality TV, John Cheever, a Pie Lab, Julia Child, Fantasy Football . . . Will Help You Create and Execute Breakthrough Ideas
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Organizing your Life
  • Beyond The To-Do List: Goals
  • The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise?
  • The Click Moment: Seizing Opportunity in an Unpredictable World
  • Man on Wire
  • Extreme Productivity: Boost Your Results, Reduce Your Hours
  • Mini-missions for Simplicity: small actions for massive change
Wall Street Journal bestselling author SJ Scott wanted to be Luke Skywalker when he grew up.

Unfortunately his complete lack of physical grace and introverted mannerism's kept the earth from having their own Jedi Knight to battle the Sith menace.

Steve “SJ” Scott was born and raised in New Jersey. After finishing college with a degree in psychology he knew he needed to further his education or work
“In other words, our willpower works like a muscle and it weakens throughout the day, since it’s used constantly. We all have a limit to our willpower, and once we’ve reached the limit, it becomes very difficult to focus.” 5 likes
“If a task will take you two minutes or less to do, deal with it immediately and move on.” 5 likes