Start by marking “Just One Night (Just One Day, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Just One Night (Just One Day, #2.5)

Just One Night

(Just One Day #2.5)

4.10  ·  Rating details ·  21,466 ratings  ·  2,204 reviews
After spending one life-changing day in Paris with laid-back Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter, sheltered American good girl Allyson “Lulu” Healey discovered her new lover had disappeared without a trace. Just One Day followed Allyson’s quest to reunite with Willem; Just One Year chronicled the pair’s year apart from Willem’s perspective. Now, back together at last, this delect ...more
Published May 29th 2014 by Viking Children’s Books

To ask other readers questions about Just One Night, please sign up.
Harley Linda,
Linda,
There is a paper back edition, you can get it only if you buy the duology set sold at book stores or online and it's 44 pages long.(less)

·  21,466 ratings  ·  2,204 reviews

Start your review of Just One Night (Just One Day, #2.5)
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Post-reading:

SO MUCH LOVE!!!!!!!!! <3333333

ALL THE FEELS = PERFECT. *bows down to Gayle Forman*

Pre-reading:

ME WHEN I FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS:

OMYGOD OMYGOD OMYGOD WE GET TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WITH WILLEM AND ALLYSON!!!!!

ALSO THAT COVER IS LOVELYYY

PLEAAAASE LET THERE BE LOTS OF KISSING

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ♡♡♡

(I usually don't do GIFs but this was a special occasion eeeep)
Whitney Atkinson
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS EVERYTHING I NEEDED AND EVERYTHING I DIDNT KNOW I NEEDED
aniryllis
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh sorry, I need to say it:

THANK FUCK.

From my JOY's review:
"This. is. not. an. ending. [...] I NEED ANOTHER BOOK ABOUT THEM. What the actual fuck was that. I can't accept this ending, it's not enough! For once I hope there will be a third book, please?"

GOD EXISTS.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now GIMME GIMME GIMME.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Yosbe  Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Porque algunas veces, simplemente necesitas finales felices...

description

description

En lo más profundo de mi corazón pensé que no necesitaba este libro, porque exactamente como es, así me lo imaginé todo, perfecto, pero es más de lo que imaginé (y sabemos que es difícil decir eso porque solemos decepcionarnos de las continuaciones) y por ese "es más", gracias Gayle por escribirlo.

Incluso necesité parar porque no podía manejar tanta felicidad junta... y pensé que eso sólo pasaba cuando no podías manejar tristeza
Bonnie
My Black Sheep Rating: 1.5 of 5 stars

In Just One Day, Allyson and Willem meet for one memorable day before getting separated. In Just One Year, the two spend the following year searching for one another before finally succeeding. But did they get their happily ever after?

All be warned: there will be spoilers.

I wasn’t a huge fan of this series in general but was so thrown by the ending (or lack of ending) in book two that I knew I had to pick this up regardless. Allyson and Willem never gener
emma
guh.

this was...oh man.

like. i'd write more of a review of this but i think the previous 5 words sum it up pretty well
Carmen

photo incoherentfangirling_zps61555dd4.gif

photo 8492087_zpsfed8b98f.gif

Gayle Forman,

photo tumblr_mk3qrrKQd71qek8t3o1_500_zps24d1f4cc.gif
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4.5*
BLESS just what i needed. ahhhh this was such a great duology!
Fenia
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW. What a marvellous ending. Because in my head this is not 2,5 book. Its the third. The ending. It was so beautifully and uniquely written!! I love how you would read both of Allyson's and Willem's POVs without actually having POVs. I also loved the direct language (it was like reading a theatrical play) and that besides that,you could feel all the emotions coming out and flooding you. Perfect. Just perfect.
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Meant To Be "Stained" Stars!

photo 9d632842-4dcd-464a-be8f-e9b418356310.jpg

photo d44d0ec8-2abe-4377-bd45-3de9990e7a39.jpg

Allyson Healey aka Lulu went on vacation through Europe, and met a gorgeous Dutch guy named Willem De Ruiter. They hit it off, and she agrees to spend a day with him in Paris. She is drawn to his free spirit, and his charismatic personality. They spend a day together, and fall for each other. They both realize they have something different and special with each other.

photo 5b8c93d7-2438-4094-8e22-110c1d84e3e5.png

Then circumstances separate them for a year. They both long for each other, and begin se
Keertana
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: swoooon
It will come as a surprise to many that I didn't necessarily want Just One Night. Unlike the majority of readers, I fell head-over-heels in love with Just One Year, particularly its ending. It felt right. While Just One Day may have had readers questioning Willem's fidelity or the depth of his love for Allyson, I knew by the answering smile on his face as he opened the door to allow her his apartment that their love story could have only one type of ending: a happy one. And though Just One Year ...more
Raeleen Lemay
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
OK. I'M GOOD. I JUST MARATHONED THIS "SERIES" AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL.
Stacee
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
THIS IS GLORIOUS AND EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED.
TL
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the first two books
It isn’t a first kiss. It isn’t even their first kiss. But it feels like one. Not because it is fumbling or awkward. Not because she doesn’t know where to put her hand, or he doesn’t know where to put his nose. None of those. They slot together like puzzle pieces. As Allyson and Willem kiss for the first time in a year, both are thinking the same thing: This feels new.

Though perhaps thinking is not the right term, because with a kiss like this, thinking goes out the window and something more in
Beatrice Masaluñga
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I shamelessly DNF Just One Year and I have no regrets spoiling myself on the ending by reading the last chapter which was a MEH. When I read this..OMFG. THIS IS WHAT I AM FUDGING LOOKING FOR. DAMN CLOSURE I AM LOOKING FOR.

If only this isn't a novella and it's in JUST ONE YEAR. My patience going through Willem's adventure will be paid off.
Roshni Ajmal
Review:
Well i didn't like previous two book and this one didn't change my mind. I dont like Alyson or WIllem.
But i don't hate them i just don't care about this story or these characters at all.
P.S : third person really irritated the hell out of me.
Tanja
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
it's been a while since I read Just One Day/Year but reading this little novella brought me right back to Willem and Allyson, making it seem like I read the novels just last week.

It was a bit odd at times, like Willems obsession with feet, I mean where the eff did that come from? anyway, I loved this novella, I love them, I love them together and their friends are great, too. I wish there was a novella about Allyson meeting Willems mother, though...
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
4.25 stars.

I bow down to the awesome that is Gayle Forman.

Review to come.
Kelley
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute! That’s the word I would use to describe this book. I was so happy with it. I can’t even begin to describe why because it just made me so happy. I always felt as though there needed to be a final part and they didn’t disappoint! I know final sounds like a bad word but for this one it’s a great word!

Longer review to come soon!
Ellie Red
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gayle Forman knows how to write scenes filled with love, agony, heartbreak and desire.
''Just one night'' is perfection. The way Allyson and Willem see each other after all this time, after one year of fantasizing about each other, of constantly being tormented by the idea that they lost their chance of true love, they are finally able to look into each other's eyes and express what they feel. Their story is captivating and universal.
Maureen
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5/4
Would have been a 4 but the third person switch felt really weird and off to me, BUT I STILL LOVE THE CONTENT OH MY.
Defne
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, 2016
Full review of the series @ Creased Book Spines ...more
Heidi
Jun 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Two and a half stars: A novella that ties up loose ends that should have been addressed in the main series.

At last, Allyson and Willem meet again after one long year. It was a year of sadness, turmoil, self discovery and yearning. After enduring impossible odds and a painstaking search, they reunite with a passionate kiss. How did they get here? What will happen next?

What I Liked:
*After reading Just One Day and Just One Year, I was completely invested in Allyson and Willem's story, but I was di
Arlene
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just One Night was exactly what I needed to bring closure to Allyson and Willem’s story. I loved their first two stories and I remember feeling after I finished the second book that I wanted just a few more chapters to see how these two would end up. Well…. Gayle Forman delivered in Just One Night.

I didn’t think I could fall in love with Willem anymore that I already did when he shared his perspective in Just One Year, but I did. I loved.loved.loved how these two characters finally realized thei
Odette Brethouwer
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SO MUCH CUTENESS! OMG this book is the perfect ending following a perfect ending, this is how happily ever after feels, so lovely!
Krystianna
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm so sad this series is all over now. :( IT WILL FOREVER HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART. Review to come!

Updated Easter 2015

THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS IF YOU'VE NOT READ THE FIRST TWO BOOKS.

First of all, let me start off by saying that I used to not be the biggest contemporary fan. I used to see a contemporary book and I'd scoff because ew, romance is cheesy.

dianna agron rolling eyes gif

But then, in just one book, that all changed. I read Just One Day, and I breezed right through it in a day. I then read Just On
Katie
Dec 24, 2014 rated it liked it
I thought this was a good way to close out the story, but I just wasn't crazy about it.
Izzy (is in the wrong era)
“And the kiss feels like something completely new. But it also feels like something deeply known.”

I've been a fan of Gayle Forman's books for a while now and some of them have been my favorites. The Just One Day series is no exception.

I have to say that Allyson's and Willem's romance is probably my all-time favorite among all contemporary novels I've read so far. They made me believe that love really finds a way and that there is a right time for everything.
"Maybe they weren
Shannelle
Apr 29, 2014 marked it as to-read
OH MY GOODNESS

I hated Just One Year for how I got absolutely no closure from the series. Like, what happens to them? Do they kiss and make up? Like, dammit Gayle, as much as I loved the first book, this is not enough. There was too much left unanswered! (And by that, I mean their entire future.)

But this . . . this!

AND HOORAY IT'S ALMOST MAY

Vanessa (bookfairy95)
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Thank God this novella existed. I wouldn't have known what to do without it!
THIS was EXACTLY what I needed!

The omniscient narrative was great, because this way we not only got Allyson and Willem's perspective of things, but also the thoughts of the side characters that I liked so much! Of Dee and Broodje and We and Kate.
When Broodje came into the apartment to find Allyson and when he found out that this girl is Willem's Lulu he just hugs her. This was so cute!!

Also, how Allyson and Willem's

• What I Thought Was True
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)
  • The Geography of You and Me
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • Open Road Summer
  • To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)
  • Happy Again (This Is What Happy Looks Like, #1.5)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)
  • A Midsummer's Nightmare
  • Ask Again Later
  • On the Fence
  • Biggest Flirts (Superlatives, #1)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • Flat-Out Celeste (Flat-Out Love, #2)
  • Boomerang (Boomerang, #1)
  • Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2)
  • Don't Call Me Baby
Award-winning author and journalist Gayle Forman has written several bestselling novels for young adults, including the Just One Series, I Was Here, Where She Went and the #1 New York Times bestseller If I Stay, which has been translated into more than 40 languages and in 2014 was adapted into a major motion picture.

Gayle published Leave Me, her first novel starring adults in 2016 and her latest

Just One Day (2 books)
  • Just One Day (Just One Day, #1)
  • Just One Year (Just One Day, #2)