Start by marking “Just One Night (Just One Day, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Just One Night (Just One Day, #2.5)

Just One Night

(Just One Day #2.5)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  20,012 Ratings  ·  2,133 Reviews
After spending one life-changing day in Paris with laid-back Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter, sheltered American good girl Allyson “Lulu” Healey discovered her new lover had disappeared without a trace. Just One Day followed Allyson’s quest to reunite with Willem; Just One Year chronicled the pair’s year apart from Willem’s perspective. Now, back together at last, this delect ...more
Published May 29th 2014 by Viking Children’s Books

To ask other readers questions about Just One Night, please sign up.

Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Post-reading:

SO MUCH LOVE!!!!!!!!! <3333333

ALL THE FEELS = PERFECT. *bows down to Gayle Forman*

Pre-reading:

ME WHEN I FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS:

OMYGOD OMYGOD OMYGOD WE GET TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WITH WILLEM AND ALLYSON!!!!!

ALSO THAT COVER IS LOVELYYY

PLEAAAASE LET THERE BE LOTS OF KISSING

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ♡♡♡

(I usually don't do GIFs but this was a special occasion eeeep)
Whitney Atkinson
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS EVERYTHING I NEEDED AND EVERYTHING I DIDNT KNOW I NEEDED
aniryllis
Oh sorry, I need to say it:

THANK FUCK.

From my JOY's review:
"This. is. not. an. ending. [...] I NEED ANOTHER BOOK ABOUT THEM. What the actual fuck was that. I can't accept this ending, it's not enough! For once I hope there will be a third book, please?"

GOD EXISTS.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now GIMME GIMME GIMME.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Yosbe  Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Porque algunas veces, simplemente necesitas finales felices...

description

description

En lo más profundo de mi corazón pensé que no necesitaba este libro, porque exactamente como es, así me lo imaginé todo, perfecto, pero es más de lo que imaginé (y sabemos que es difícil decir eso porque solemos decepcionarnos de las continuaciones) y por ese "es más", gracias Gayle por escribirlo.

Incluso necesité parar porque no podía manejar tanta felicidad junta... y pensé que eso sólo pasaba cuando no podías manejar tristezas. N
Bonnie
My Black Sheep Rating: 1.5 of 5 stars

In Just One Day, Allyson and Willem meet for one memorable day before getting separated. In Just One Year, the two spend the following year searching for one another before finally succeeding. But did they get their happily ever after?

All be warned: there will be spoilers.

I wasn’t a huge fan of this series in general but was so thrown by the ending (or lack of ending) in book two that I knew I had to pick this up regardless. Allyson and Willem never generat
emma
guh.

this was...oh man.

like. i'd write more of a review of this but i think the previous 5 words sum it up pretty well
Carmen

Gayle Forman,

photo tumblr_mk3qrrKQd71qek8t3o1_500_zps24d1f4cc.gif
Fenia
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW. What a marvellous ending. Because in my head this is not 2,5 book. Its the third. The ending. It was so beautifully and uniquely written!! I love how you would read both of Allyson's and Willem's POVs without actually having POVs. I also loved the direct language (it was like reading a theatrical play) and that besides that,you could feel all the emotions coming out and flooding you. Perfect. Just perfect.
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4.5*
BLESS just what i needed. ahhhh this was such a great duology!
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Meant To Be "Stained" Stars!

photo 9d632842-4dcd-464a-be8f-e9b418356310.jpg

photo d44d0ec8-2abe-4377-bd45-3de9990e7a39.jpg

Allyson Healey aka Lulu went on vacation through Europe, and met a gorgeous Dutch guy named Willem De Ruiter. They hit it off, and she agrees to spend a day with him in Paris. She is drawn to his free spirit, and his charismatic personality. They spend a day together, and fall for each other. They both realize they have something different and special with each other.

photo 5b8c93d7-2438-4094-8e22-110c1d84e3e5.png

Then circumstances separate them for a year. They both long for each other, and begin searching f
Keertana
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: swoooon
It will come as a surprise to many that I didn't necessarily want Just One Night. Unlike the majority of readers, I fell head-over-heels in love with Just One Year, particularly its ending. It felt right. While Just One Day may have had readers questioning Willem's fidelity or the depth of his love for Allyson, I knew by the answering smile on his face as he opened the door to allow her his apartment that their love story could have only one type of ending: a happy one. And though Just One Year ...more
Stacee
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
THIS IS GLORIOUS AND EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED.
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
I shamelessly DNF Just One Year and I have no regrets spoiling myself on the ending by reading the last chapter which was a MEH. When I read this..OMFG. THIS IS WHAT I AM FUDGING LOOKING FOR. DAMN CLOSURE I AM LOOKING FOR.

If only this isn't a novella and it's in JUST ONE YEAR. My patience going through Willem's adventure will be paid off.
Raeleen Lemay
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
OK. I'M GOOD. I JUST MARATHONED THIS "SERIES" AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL.
TL
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the first two books
It isn’t a first kiss. It isn’t even their first kiss. But it feels like one. Not because it is fumbling or awkward. Not because she doesn’t know where to put her hand, or he doesn’t know where to put his nose. None of those. They slot together like puzzle pieces. As Allyson and Willem kiss for the first time in a year, both are thinking the same thing: This feels new.

Though perhaps thinking is not the right term, because with a kiss like this, thinking goes out the window and something more in
Roshni Ajmal
Review:
Well i didn't like previous two book and this one didn't change my mind. I dont like Alyson or WIllem.
But i don't hate them i just don't care about this story or these characters at all.
P.S : third person really irritated the hell out of me.
Gabrielle (TheYoungFolks.com)
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This honestly just made me want a sequel a la Allyson and Willem's American Adventures. Full review at TheYoungFolks.com: http://bit.ly/1ku7feZ
tanja
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
it's been a while since I read Just One Day/Year but reading this little novella brought me right back to Willem and Allyson, making it seem like I read the novels just last week.

It was a bit odd at times, like Willems obsession with feet, I mean where the eff did that come from? anyway, I loved this novella, I love them, I love them together and their friends are great, too. I wish there was a novella about Allyson meeting Willems mother, though...
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
4.25 stars.

I bow down to the awesome that is Gayle Forman.

Review to come.
Kelley
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute! That’s the word I would use to describe this book. I was so happy with it. I can’t even begin to describe why because it just made me so happy. I always felt as though there needed to be a final part and they didn’t disappoint! I know final sounds like a bad word but for this one it’s a great word!

Longer review to come soon!
Ellie Red
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gayle Forman knows how to write scenes filled with love, agony, heartbreak and desire.
''Just one night'' is perfection. The way Allyson and Willem see each other after all this time, after one year of fantasizing about each other, of constantly being tormented by the idea that they lost their chance of true love, they are finally able to look into each other's eyes and express what they feel. Their story is captivating and universal.
Maureen
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5/4
Would have been a 4 but the third person switch felt really weird and off to me, BUT I STILL LOVE THE CONTENT OH MY.
Defne (that-bookworm)
Shelves: ebooks
Hach, diese kleine Novelle ist alles, was ich vom 2. Teil wollte ♥
Heidi
Jun 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Two and a half stars: A novella that ties up loose ends that should have been addressed in the main series.

At last, Allyson and Willem meet again after one long year. It was a year of sadness, turmoil, self discovery and yearning. After enduring impossible odds and a painstaking search, they reunite with a passionate kiss. How did they get here? What will happen next?

What I Liked:
*After reading Just One Day and Just One Year, I was completely invested in Allyson and Willem's story, but I was di
Arlene
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just One Night was exactly what I needed to bring closure to Allyson and Willem’s story. I loved their first two stories and I remember feeling after I finished the second book that I wanted just a few more chapters to see how these two would end up. Well…. Gayle Forman delivered in Just One Night.

I didn’t think I could fall in love with Willem anymore that I already did when he shared his perspective in Just One Year, but I did. I loved.loved.loved how these two characters finally realized thei
Odette Knappers
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SO MUCH CUTENESS! OMG this book is the perfect ending following a perfect ending, this is how happily ever after feels, so lovely!
Krystianna
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm so sad this series is all over now. :( IT WILL FOREVER HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART. Review to come!

Updated Easter 2015

THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS IF YOU'VE NOT READ THE FIRST TWO BOOKS.

First of all, let me start off by saying that I used to not be the biggest contemporary fan. I used to see a contemporary book and I'd scoff because ew, romance is cheesy.

dianna agron rolling eyes gif

But then, in just one book, that all changed. I read Just One Day, and I breezed right through it in a day. I then read Just On
Mafi
Oct 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, eng, ebook
A estória, os protagonistas e a duologia mereciam um final melhor.

"Just one night" é um conto que em 35 páginas tenta dar um fim a uma estória onde o leitor já leu cerca de 600 páginas (tanto o Just one day e o Just one year andam à volta das 300 páginas). Ora isto para mim não tem cabimento nenhum.
Os contos servem como extras, pequenas curiosidades a uma série e não deviam ser usados como final de uma série. Especialmente num conto tão pequeno. Claro que me soube a pouco e não entendi mesmo est
Seeker of dreams
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
"Y el beso se siente como algo completamente nuevo. Pero también se siente como algo profundamente conocido. Lo que parecería ser una contradicción. Solo que no lo es. La verdad y su opuesto son dos caras de la misma moneda."

Just one year fue mi última lectura del año pasado y a pesar de que el libro me gustó mucho, sentí que el final estaba incompleto.
Just one night, en cambio, fue todo lo que el libro anterior debió haber contenido. Todo lo que los protagonistas merecían después de un año suf
  • A Hard Day's Night (The Lonely Hearts Club, #1.1)
  • Happy Again (This Is What Happy Looks Like, #1.5)
  • Bridge of Snow (The Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Leave the Window Open (The Archived, #2.5)
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • Tomorrow's Kingdom (The Gypsy King #3)
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • Ferragost (Lumatere Chronicles, #2.5)
  • Finally, Forever (First Comes Love, #3)
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)
  • The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5)
  • And for Your Information… (Butterfly, #2)
  • Undiscovered (Unremembered, #1.5)
  • Flat-Out Celeste (Flat-Out Love, #2)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • Short Stories
  • The Minnow
Award-winning author and journalist Gayle Forman has written several bestselling novels for young adults, including the Just One Series, I Was Here, Where She Went and the #1 New York Times bestseller If I Stay, which has been translated into more than 40 languages and in 2014 was adapted into a major motion picture.

Gayle published Leave Me, her first novel starring adults in 2016 and her latest

Just One Day (2 books)
  • Just One Day (Just One Day, #1)
  • Just One Year (Just One Day, #2)
“And the kiss feels like something completely new. But it also feels like something deeply known.” 39 likes
“You win some, you lose some. And sometimes you win and lose at the same time. Life's a bloody cockup.” 30 likes