Start by marking “Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold (Broken Hearts & Revenge, #2)” as Want to Read:

Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold

(Broken Hearts & Revenge #2)

The war rages on between Gemma and Hallie in the second installment of the Broken Hearts and Revenge series.

After the humiliating events on the 4th of July, Gemma's trying to handle the fact that Hallie knew who she was all along, and she was the one who stole Teddy from her. Gemma vows revenge, but things get more complicated than she planned. Ford, Gemma’s long-time crus
Published May 5th 2015 by Feiwel & Friends

Start your review of Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold (Broken Hearts & Revenge, #2)
Maureen
Nov 13, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars, maybe even more like 4.

There's so many things I love and hate about this series, but I'm finishing it out because I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! The writing, the plot, the pacing are all fantastic, but it's so petty that sometimes it's a little bit too much. So basically I hate what is actually happening, but it's so addicting and well written that it's hard to hate.
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
description

I am a masochist and a Scorpio. I'm weak for revenge, ice-cream and petty things even if they want to make my eyes claw out.

The second book in Broken Hearts & Revenge opened up where the first book left it off. Gemma and Hallie is at war. And no one is refusing to back down. Ford, Gemma’s first kiss and long-time crush is in the Hamptons for vacation, while Teddy is undeniably back. And Josh still refuse to make amends with Gemma. In this summery book, evil schemes are bound to happen.

Revenge, I
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book on AMAZON
or buy this book on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

I received a free finished hardcover of this book from the publisher (Macmillan) in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

3 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). I rarely write book reviews right after I finish a book. But, this review for Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold was written minutes after I finished reading it. Because of this, my opinio
Selene
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Katie Finn is Morgan Matsons pen name. Although I haven't read a Morgan Matson book I really enjoy this trilogy and want to get into her other books.
Bee
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
I hate to say it, but I found the whole thing a bit too petty. Is any 16 year old this vindictive?? The schemes weren't as good as the first book and it felt a little long winded. Also, Gemma is blind with anything that's related to Ford. *sigh* *eye roll* *sigh* But, the cliffhanger definitely makes me think that SOMETHING big has to happen in the finale!
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
Full Review on The Candid Cover

Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold is the perfect summer read. It is set in a luxurious town with private beaches and contains plenty of revengeful actions. Gemma and Hallie, two girls who loathe each other make the book hilarious to read and almost impossible to put down!

Revenge, Ice Cream is set in such a beachy location. The characters spend their summer in a beach town filled with mansions and private beaches perfect for surfing. The book als
Sandra
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow! That was probably one of the most entertaining and dramatic books I've read all summer!!! I highly recommend these books to read on the beach or at the pool.

I definitely enjoyed this one even more than Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend. And lets face it, it wouldn't be a good summer if I didn't read something by the wonderful Morgan Matson/Katie Finn.

As with the first book in this trilogy I was able to pick up on the plot twists and major reveals pretty quickly so I wasn't ex
Raegan   Ralls
-Disclaimer: I won this book for free through goodreads giveaways in exchange for an honest review.-

I had quite high hopes for this book.
My hopes were quickly shattered.

The title of this book is Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold. If I were to title this book I would only call it Revenge. Just because Gemma worked at a Ice Cream shop for a small proportion of this book doesn't mean it should be in the title. I would understand it being a part of the title if it was a major th
Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
The plot picks up right where Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend left off and readers are thrusted right back into the maelstrom of revenge and mean-girl antics, thanks to Gemma and Hallie's feud. Gemma is staying in the Hamptons for the summer and if you remember the cliffhanger in book one, Hallie stole Teddy, Gemma's boyfriend, who dumped her right before the summer started. Plus, Hallie is the reason why things didn't work out between Gemma and Josh this summer; essentially, Gem ...more
Nikki S
THAT WAS A TERRIBLE PLACE TO END THIS BOOK. KATIE FINN WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO US?!

Review:

One thing I HATE about reading sequels is not remembering what happened in the first book. Fortunately there was a recap of everything of importance that happened in Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend. And from there, I loved everything else about this story.
In this installment to the series, Gemma finally knows who was behind all the terrible things that happened to her at the beginning of t
Molli Moran
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is just cruel.

2015 is TOO far away.
BookChic Club
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun, page-turning summer read! I cannot wait to see how it all ends!!
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Jesus! These girls are terrible human beings! I don't like either of them. The only person I do like is Ford.

After the fiasco on the night of 4th of July, Gemma is trying to get back on her feet and move on with her life. Then she decided she's not ready to be the bigger person and went after her former best friend, again. Both girls show they're not ready to give up and are willing to do whatever it takes to take the other one down.

I have a thing for revenge books. Mostly because I would neve
Harligrace
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was really good and kept me guessing the entire time. I am so glad that there is going to be another book. Ford was super cute and I want to know if something will happen between him and Gemma. I can't wait to see what happens because they left so many things unanswered and left me with even more questions. Gemma was great and witty. I gave this book 4 stars because it could get really boring at times and sort of drag on things for way to long but once it got to the good parts and the ...more
Laurence R.
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm flying through these!!
Kaitlin (Next Page Please!)
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 5-stars, read-in-2015
This book, this trilogy! I really enjoyed this book. Katie Finn has the whole thing so carefully planned and it just amazes me how a little detail can change the whole entire book. Just ugh so cool. In my review of Broken Hearts and Fences I mentioned how Gemma seemed like she had no character but in this book I was able to find more of that from her. The plot was just fun, mischievous, and got me so pumped for the last book!

This book picks up right after Broken Hearts and Fences and we really s
Sara Santana
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review Originally Posted on What A Nerd Girl Says :

I adore Morgan Matson, so it goes without saying that I absolutely LOVE Katie Finn as well. Morgan has beautiful stories that usually make me all emotional. Katie Finn, her alter ego, makes me laugh, and have a blast while reading. Its great to get both of these from the same person.

When Broken Hearts left off, we had a cliffhanger. A pretty major one. Hallie had revealed some crazy things. She had known who Gemma was all along and had spent th
Christy (TheReaderBee)

I started Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold by Katie Finn just moments after finishing Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things To Mend. I went into this book not really knowing what to expect, I was worried that this book wouldn’t be able to top all the drama that happened in the first book. Boy was I wrong!! If possible, this book has even more drama in it, and it only gets better than better. These books are perfect summer reads!!

If you’ve not read the first book in this se
Lilysbookblog
If Broken Hearts, Fences and Other things to Mend was fun, Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other things Best Served Cold was fun and smart. A complete game changer, Katie Finn explores Morgan Matson's fun side. Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other things Best Served Cold picks up right where the last book left off, but in case you've got a terrible memory like I do, there's an awesome summary of the events from the previous installment to freshen up your memory.

While i've always had my apprehensions with purel
Jami Lilo
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second installment of a trilogy. Revenge, revenge, revenge, and more revenge. Yes, the revenge gets old and daunting for me, but four stars because I can see how a teenager would enjoy the suspense and DRAMA. The main character isn't very likable, which is actually kind of fun. She's made a lot of mistakes in the past and pays for them in this book and kind of, sort of, maybe learns a little bit by the end.

I enjoyed the writing style and the authors ability to keep the tension high
April
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Anyways, this is one of the first times I’m saying this — I actually liked the sequel much better than the first book. Read the rest of my review here ...more
Helena
Jul 24, 2014 marked it as to-read
WHY would you change the cover?
WHY?

SO SO WRONG, this one is just horrible .-.
Sandy
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I flew through this book! I really wish the third book was out. This is honestly one of the most stressful books that I've read but I did really enjoy it. Lots of surprises!
charlotte (booksandteacups)
It was a cute and easy read, still very predictable and Gemma sometimes really frustrated me because she didn’t see the obvious coming. I’ll definitely read the latest book as well (mostly because of that cliffhanger at the end of book two)!
Sparkleypenguin
Monique
May 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ok, no.
(Side note: I also skimmed through multiple parts of boredom...)

Multiple, multiple times I felt like screaming at Gemma, and her stupid flip flop back and forth. Her actions were wrong in the first placed, but it's like she could not stick to any one course at ALL. (view spoiler)
Greis
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hilarious
Okay, we need to talk about this book.

Because what in the fuck.

To clarify I haven't read the first book but I think the events that happened in the first book were referred to relatively frequently to the point that I basically got the gist of what happened in the end without the nasty details of everything that this bitch Hallie did.

I didn't think I'd end up liking this as much as I would like I was at a solid three stars mostly because the beginning, while not boring, did take some time to bui
Jeanette
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
3.5/5 stars

Full review posted on http://myriadinklings.wordpress.com

Boy, and I thought Broken Hearts, Fences & Other Things To Mend was a mouthful, somehow this book manages to have an even longer title….

Overall, this series remains steady as an average contemporary series for me. I really do like it, but I had some problems with the book/series overall. I found that although the writing was cute, however it was too predictable for my taste. Everything was too convenient and coincidental as well
Caryn - iam.caryn
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was insanely fun sequel to Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend!

The idea of revenge circles was such a brilliant concept and I loved that Gemma’s friends started helping her plot.

It’s hard to get too much into this because it would spoil two whole books, so I’ll just say that this trilogy is perfect for reading by the pool when all you want to read is major teen drama.

Fun and enjoyable read!

PS: my heart completely and utterly belongs to Ford.
Ketie
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Again just a fun, revenge-filled summer contemporary that I really enjoyed and (re)read in like a few short hours. Got waaayyy to excited to see Ford again but he’s great and I love my surfer nerd that is so in love with Gemma he freaking named his dumb math algorithm after her like wow.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Maybe This Time
  • What I Thought Was True
  • Say Yes Summer
  • The Boy Most Likely To
  • The Boy Next Door
  • In Some Other Life
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss (Love, Life, and the List, #2)
  • Listen to Your Heart
  • Admission
  • Pumpkin Spice Secrets: A Swirl Novel
  • Meet Me at Midnight
  • Love, Life, and the List (Love, Life, and the List, #1)
  • Wanderlost
  • It's Not Me, It's You
  • Not with the Band
  • Truly Madly Royally
  • Talk Money to Me: Save Well, Spend Some, and Feel Good About Your Money
Katie Finn grew up in Connecticut, in a town that looks an awful lot like Putnam. During high school, she was a total theater devotee (like Madison) and never dreamed she’d be a writer. But lots of Katie’s high school misadventures have made it into her books…which just goes to show that you never know!

She currently lives in Los Angeles, California, in a house she wishes was a lot closer to the be

Broken Hearts & Revenge (3 books)
  • Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend (Broken Hearts & Revenge, #1)
  • Hearts, Fingers, and Other Things to Cross (Broken Hearts & Revenge, #3)