Start by marking “The Unimaginable” as Want to Read:
The Unimaginable

The Unimaginable

From the author of One Pink Line comes a story about letting go of the past and finding bravery in the depths of fear. Set on the sun-soaked beaches of Thailand and the rough waters of the Indian Ocean, The Unimaginable paints a vivid portrait of a young woman on a journey to find herself—and her harrowing fight for survival.

After twenty-eight years of playing by the rules

Published December 1st 2014 by Lake Union Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Unimaginable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unimaginable

Candace
Continuing on with my mission to listen to every Audible book I have on my shelf before buying any new ones, I finally made my way to this hidden gem. Not my usual type of read, 'The Unimaginable' proved to be far better than I anticipated. While there was just enough romance to keep me happy, this was a story of survival and perseverance.

After losing her position as a schoolteacher in Indiana, Jessica decides to live out her dreams. Craving adventure, she accepts a teaching job in Thailand. She
Zoeytron
I came away from this novel fairly unimpressed. More romance than thriller. Too much shuddering, quivering, convulsing, and moaning for this cranky old reader. It put me in the mind of a dime novel.

I did appreciate the author's comments at the end of the book. This was a Kindle First offering, thank you.
Brenna
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, romantic, adventure
This book is unlike anything I’ve read lately. Brimming with heart, adventure, suspense, and romance, The Unimaginable is an inspiring story that kept my attention from beginning to end.

It all begins with Jessica Gregory, a twenty-eight year old schoolteacher whose mother’s death is the catalyst for her wanting a change of scenery. Having lived under strict rules in a small community, she’s looking for adventure somewhere new. She takes a big risk and moves across the world to Thailand to teach
Nov 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Poorly written and poorly paced, this is a trite, cliched romance you're better off avoiding.

After her mother's death, Jessica leaves her home in small-town Indiana and moves to Thailand to become a teacher. There, she meets a sailboat captain named Grant, very predictably falls in love with him, and spends about 10 pages in danger before everything is fine again.

As you can probably already tell, I really didn't like this book. For a book that starts out as this woman's journey to expand her ho
Diana
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3-1/2 Stars

Are you in the mood for romance? Or adventure? Can’t decide? Well, The Unimaginable is a pretty nice blend of both. The author’s note at the end of the book made me appreciate the inspiration beyond the story.
Beth Hudspeth
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
My imagination was running wild. I've always had the urge to travel the world and this was awesome to read about.

********

Giveaway win! ;)
Jules
The Unimaginable is a story of love, hope, daring to make changes to your life, and the fight for survival. I found the romance side enjoyable and the survival side gripping. This worked really well as an audiobook. I didn't want to stop listening to it.

I borrowed this through Amazon Kindle Unlimited.
Nic
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
5++++++ This is one of the most incredible books I have ever read. You MUST add The Unimaginable to your TBR!

I have been trying to write this review for sometime, unsure of how to express just how amazing this book truly is. So here goes.

I found The Unimaginable to be an incredible, emotional journey of a young woman setting out on her own for the first time in her life. This beautifully descriptive story had my full attention right away, making me want to know more about the lovely young woman
Serena
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I started this book today and could not put it down! I am officially out of my book funk. This is a beautiful story about following your dreams, falling in love, facing your fears and forgiveness. The writing drew me in and the story kept me captivated until the very last page. I felt like I was a part of Jessica's journey. I laughed and cried with her. I felt her fear and her pain. At times, I even wished I had more of an adventurous spirit.

The Unimaginable is a book you will want to add to yo
Brandee - Brandee's Book Endings
LOVED LOVED this. Totally different kind of story mark your to read list now. Full review to come!

This one sparked a conversation with my 14 year old son, which made it even better.

I feel enlightened and inspired. <3
Autumn Review
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was absolutely perfect! Raw, bold, and colorful. The Unimaginable consumed me from start to finish. Don't miss this book!
Pam Nelson
5 The Unimaginable Stars

Truly a hidden gem, this book was so intriguing. It was a little slow going at the beginning but once it really starts you can’t help be become hooked.

Jessica is the wanderlust sort, I don’t truly appreciate people like her but that is ok. She is following her dreams and her adventurous nature.

She meets two gentlemen Grant and Quinn on her journey and they all become friends. She has romantic feels for Grant, he just catches her eye unlike anyone has before.

Grant is ki
Taylor
Dec 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014-goal
This was almost a DNF for me. I was so bored and so annoyed with the characters in the book. Jessica acts like a teenager and Grant is boring and stiff. So Grant has a lot of money and here comes Jessica with not so much. And Jessica claims she loves him for him (after knowing him for a short time) and doesn't want him to pay for her along the way. But being the gentlemen he does pay for everything and she soaks it up. Seriously, I am tired of these heroines, if you can call them that, saying th ...more
Nikki
Apr 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I would rate this somewhere between 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 stars. Goodreads should really invest in that. Sometimes it might really help a book out.

This one started out promising. The main character is the same age as me, which doesn't happen very often in the books I read. So I thought that was cool. She leaves her small town life in Indiana to move to Thailand to teach. I love exploring books set in other countries, especially ones that I know I would most likely never get to visit in real life.

It st
Cyndi Marie
***Listened to the audiobook***

CAN I GIVE THIS BOOK 10 STARS? I went into this book completely blind, I didn't have the slightest idea what it was about, honestly it was a price I couldn't pass up so I thought I'd give it a try.
This books was gripping and suspenseful, I couldn't stop listening. The characters were all compelling and very strong, they each had their own completely different personalities and it worked so well! I think I laughed, I shed some tears, I smiled with pride and I smile
Kelli Spear
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'm really bummed that I couldn't give this a higher rating. I expected to fall in love with this story. The description made it seem as though it'd be action-filled and an intense ride. Instead I got a diluted love story mixed in with a watered down version of terror. While I recognize that incidents like this do actually happen, the narrative of the main character didn't come across terrified or frightened enough. Is that weird? And honestly, I felt she was more worried about her life AFTER th ...more
Denise
Nov 19, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: dnf
DNF This book is moving slowly and I'm so bored. Moving on....
Cori
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 really well done and refreshingly different storyline stars!!
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
This review is kind of difficult for me because I had very conflicting feelings about it. To me, it came across as kind of a sweet and goody-goody romance at the start, mostly because of the matter of fact and somewhat simple wording, which bothered me because it caused the characters to feel flat and uninteresting.

Jessica leaves her small town simple life in the US and moves to Thailand to teach underprivileged children. There she rents a room from a retired American couple in their home, makes
Marlene
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Unimaginable takes you on Jessica’s emotional journey as she goes across the world in search of herself. After some unfortunate events, Jessica decides to uproot her life in Indiana and move to Thailand to teach English. While there, she befriends Grant Flynn, a wealthy man who plans on traveling across the Indian Ocean on his sailboat. Both running away from things in their past, each is setting out on their own personal adventure. Jessica, now more independent and without the safety net of ...more
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)

Book Review:
The Unimaginable is a story about a woman looking for color in her life and a guy running from his past. Adventurous, fast-paced, and beautifully romantic, Dina Silver had me on the edge of my seat with my heart frantically beating. One moment I was breathless from the romance and the next, I was breathless from the action-packed intensity.  What a ride!

Jessica Gregory has lived her whole life doing what was expected. After losing her mother and then her job as a school teacher, s
karmaforlifechick
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
sitename] http://www.karmaforlifechick.com http://www.karmaforlifechick.com/book... My Review

I received a copy of The Unimaginable by Dina Silver in exchange for an honest review.

Jessica decides against her sister's advice to move clear across the ocean from the United States to start a new life, take a risk and do something she never could imagine. Life is going well in Phuket, Thailand, she is slowly building a new life then one night Grant Flynn walks into the bar where she works and for Jes
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
I am in love with Dina Silver's mind. She has a sense of what the reader wants in a good story and serves it to you on a silver platter. She has an intuition when it comes to her readers and what will grab hold of them, keep them reading and leave them with a desire to read more. Unimaginable is a great story that takes you on an emotional journey, with love, adventure, heartbreak and triumph. 4 stars
Suzanne
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Riveting! I could not put this book down. Dina Silver does an incredible job of telling this amazing story of a young woman on a search to find herself in Southeast Asia, who experiences the unimaginable during what was supposed to be a trip of a lifetime! While it is fiction, the story is told in a way that is so believable, and it stole my heart!
Ally  Cakes
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I thought the pace was perfect for the story. I was really teetering between a 4/5 star review, but the epilogue pushed it over the top. It was a very exciting, heartfelt and sobering read. I loved the idea of Grant and how he meet Jessica and the adventure they shared with Quinn.
Claire
Nov 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
Was this supposed to be a YA novel? Because for the first half I was convinced it was. The Unimaginable is emotionally simplistic, predictable, and written with straightforward, plain prose that I found lacking. I think the Lifetime movie comparison other reviewers have made it apt. This was a disappointment.
Susan
Nov 01, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: e-books-to-read
Amazon Prime free book for November 2014
Rebecca Berto
Nov 06, 2014 marked it as never-finished
Had to put this down for good at 3/4. It turned into a direction that I didn't enjoy and by this stage many plot developments angered me.
Chelsea
May 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
More reviews available at my blog, Beauty and the Bookworm.

A beautiful cover and convenient timing left me in the mindset that The Unimaginable was going to be something like Station Eleven--not in topic, because the book summary made it very clear that this was nothing like Station Eleven, but for some reason I had it in my mind that this would have the same beautiful writing, construction, and love of life that Station Eleven contained. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

The story is about J
April
Aug 04, 2017 added it
DNF, Which is sad because I really liked her other book, so I had high hopes.
Bargain Basement: GIVEAWAY - Kindle Paperwhite and Signed Prints 1 8 Dec 01, 2014 05:29AM
  • The Bridge
  • Then He Came Back (Love From Austin Book 2)
  • See Jane Fall (Heart of Montana, #4)
  • Wild at Heart (Untamed #4)
  • Home Run (Keller Family, #7)
  • The Sexiest Man Alive (Life and Love on the Lam, #4)
  • The Wild Side (Forever Wild, #4)
  • Windswept (Serendipity Adventure Romance, #3)
  • Love and Other Subjects
  • Over-Exposed (Perspectives, #2)
  • Bunco Babes Gone Wild
  • 12 Christmas Romances To Melt Your Heart
  • No Place for a Dame (Royal Agents #3)
  • Wish for You (Boys of the South, #4)
  • Burnin' For You (Montana Fire, #3)
  • Cinderella Blackmail (Barely a Fairy Tale #1)
  • Escaped Artist (Untamed #3)
  • Sever
Dina Silver is an author, a wine lover, and an excellent parallel parker. She lives with her husband, son, and twenty-pound tabby cat in suburban Chicago. She’d prefer to live somewhere where it’s warm year-round, but she’s also a licensed real estate agent in Illinois, and she loathes the thought of having to take the broker exam again in another state. Dina is the author of five other novels, in ...more
“There are certain things in life that must be experienced in order to fully understand them, and falling in love and heartbreak are two of them.” 3 likes
“Downwind sailing, smooth waters, clear, starry skies at night, and periodic flirting. What more could a girl ask for?” 2 likes