Start by marking “Crave” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Crave

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  500 Ratings  ·  161 Reviews
I have a craving.

A dark urge I’ve failed to resist despite years of trying to do that very thing.

I’ve forced myself to hide behind a mask, a perfect orchestration to hide my true self.

After I met her, my wants and needs, my inner most desires changed.

Published October 20th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Crave, please sign up.

Mysza
Sep 07, 2015 rated it liked it
**2,5 stars**

I didn't really like this book. The story just didn't seem that interesting to me. There was more drama than romance itself, I tried but I wasn't able to believe in love between main characters.

We have Callum, hotshot architect, who is a playboy... at least until he meets Lucia. He is cold, reserved and unattainable for the public eye, always wearing a mask, not showing others who he really is. And then we have Lucia, gorgeous restaurant owner. I can't really call what was between t
Lisa Jayne
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
FOUR CRAVE ME STARS.

"I have a craving ..."

description

BJ harvey is an author that creates stories that are easy to fall in love with. Regardless of what you may feel about her plot or storyline the one thing that categorically can not be taken away from Harvey is her ability to put pen to paper and create romance novels to die for. 'Crave' is unlike any other work by this author and for that I applaud her efforts of stepping out of the box. For the record I can happily say that I thoroughly enjoyed this s
Olga therebelreader
4~4.5 stars

This book exceeded my expectations. I guess you could say that Callum (or Cal) and his dark side appealed to me.
 photo 364911_zpsnt4wui4k.gif
With complicated characters, an emotional storyline, amazing building tension and suspense, and enough sizzle to get you hot under the collar,this is an erotic and yet heart warming treat.

photo hair pulling sex_zpsxxo1puwx.jpg

Cal is a successful and highly-regarded architect, co-owner of an architecture firm. His partner, Grant, is also his best friend. Cal has a dark sexual fantasy about which he has never o
Michelle
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I feel like I’ve been waiting forever for this book! For over a year Mrs. Harvey has been teasing me with little tastes of this book. A teaser here, a few lines there... It was pure torture and I loved every second of it! This book was a long time coming!

Screenshot_62

Crave brings us the story of Callum Alexander, prolific architect, eligible bachelor and a man who has spent his entire life hiding behind a mask. He’s denied himself his darkest desires, too afraid of what scandal could come from his actions,
B.J.
Apr 26, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Crave release

Crave Teaser

Crave Teaser

AJ
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it
A smart and super sexy romance written entirely from the male POV with great characters, a bit of darkness, and an absolutely beautiful love story.

For someone like me, lust can be a dangerous emotion. Lust leads to want. Want leads to need. A need that leads to the undeniable struggle inside of me to resist what I truly desire.
What I truly crave.

Callum Alexander is a popular and highly successful architect - the golden boy of San Francisco, his charm and sex appeal has made him a very r
Book-Bosomed  blog
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars
In chapter one , we meet 34 year old Callum Alexander via his first person POV as he informs the reader that he’s a successful architect who harbors some deep, dark predilection. It’s what he craves, hence the title. He then meets Lucia “Luce” Harding , 28, a waitress at the event he’s attending. They share some kind of moment (I didn’t really feel it but he says so)….

“And then I f*cked another woman wishing it were her. Can it get any lower?”

That’s exactly what I wondered about this s
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Crave by BJ Harvey
4 stars!!

“I’ll live every day for the rest of my life knowing I will never again deserve you, but I’ll fight to the death to have you anyway.”

This is not our normal BJ Harvey read, this is more suspenseful and a little darker but we still have that trademark BJ Harvey heat. This book was full of suspense and intrigue, secrets and forgiveness. A book full of plot twists that will have your mouth gaping and heart palpitating. A fair few OMG moments and a few tears but most of
1-Click Addict Support Group
I heard great things about BJ Harvey and was excited to get my hands on this novel because the blurb - a man and his hidden dark urges and the woman who makes him lose all semblance of control - sounded super intriguing.

I loved Cal and Lucia together. Their chemistry was electric and as they got closer and more intimate, it was more and more fiery. I also loved the mystery and hidden saboteur aspect of the novel. It kept me on my toes and glued to my kindle.

While I enjoyed this story, I figured
Talltree
Sep 28, 2015 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, hot-read
*** ARC receive in exchange of an honest review ***

Review posted here: https://beautyandthebeastlybooks.word...

Crave is the type of book that lovers of romance can’t not like! It has romance, but it’s laced with some darker aspects. Crave is not a dark book, but we can see how the characters test their own barries and how they deal with it is what makes it different than the usual love stories.

I loved Callum Alexander and how he is a walking dicotomy. He is the perfect son, he was raised in chur
Christen
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Allyson Morris
3.5 stars....

This was a well written story but I really couldn't understand Callum. I mean I guess if I haven't read a lot of BDSM then I could understand it more. Lucia was wonderful loved her character she was so strong and fought for what was hers.
Romance Readers Retreat
I'm more than happy to admit that I'm a lover of the more dark and twisted books out there. You all know the type of books I'm referring to - those that have been so eloquently and detrimentally (to the reader, in a good way) penned by some of our favourite authors. So, I was very eager to get started on this book when it was offered to me (after reading the synopsis).

I'm afraid it didn't live up to what was promised in the blurb. That's not to say that it wasn't a well written and thought out s
Renee
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
**Crave is an erotic suspense standalone. It may be darker than expected from a BJ Harvey novel but in no way is it a dark romance**provacative
I have a craving. Yes he does and it is unusual, never before have I read about this sorta crave. Interestingly provocative. What I loved was the very well written character of Callum.

shocking images 2

The suspense in his story was a killer. It was a character that likes naughty and doesn't do relationships. I have had my fill of these characters lately,
Sophie
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Crave is the captivating, seriously sexy and incredibly sinful new release from BJ Harvey.
Crave is a deep intense journey through extreme fantasy, love, trust and belief.
Callum and Lucia story is addicting, and oh so HOT! BJ certainly knows how to develop the best amount of suspense and angst that made me keep flipping the pages fully immersed in the adventure.
Callum is off the chain. His intense, mysterious persona is intriguing and another thing that keeps you fully addicted to the story..Luci
Kristine GPI Bookblog
To be honest I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting when I picked up Crave, BJ Harvey had been speaking about this book for a long time, the teasers hinted at something dark and almost sexily depraved, there was a sense of intrigue, of suspense, of something very different from her previous work. Crave is all that and more.

From the opening lines, Harvey had me invested, her prose exquisite, I was enraptured almost instantly, Crave had a slow start, the initial chapters really focusing on set
Jelena Bosh
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I wasn't too sure what to expect from CRAVE. All I knew is that I NEEDED to read it and that it would be one of those sexy ones.. That was definitely a good enough reason for me.

Now. Delving into this book was a whole new story. Loving it would put an understatement to describe CRAVE.

ADDICTIVE.

BADASS.

SINFUL.

FILTHY GOOD.

DARK.

EMOTIONAL.

SEXY.

DEEP.

I will admit, the beginning was a little slow, only because it resembled every other sexy read. I also wasn't a huge fan Callum having to explain the type
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 5 Jaw Dropping Stars ~

I know I have said it before and I will say it again….BJ Harvey is AMAZING and I will read anything she writes!!!! She has unbelievable talent and her stories and characters are just fabulous. I LOVED this book from the very first page until the very last page. I truly didn't want this story to end. I don't think my words and thoughts will actually do this book justice. This is one you will WA
~5 Stars~

When I first chose to read this book, I was fascinated for the blurb. I was intrigued and I wanted to know more about it.

And it was more than I expected. Right now, I'm trying to process everything and think about... is done? have I finished? can I have more of this book? a second epilogue?

Told from a male point of view, this book was everything I ever wanted. When I read the acknowledgements I was saying a little prayer to thank that BJ never gave up on this book.

About the story?
Callu
J. McCoy
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’ve spent the last 3 weeks unable to pick up a book. I randomly came across the cover for Crave – he was choking her! I immediately fell in lust with image and had to have this book! Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a thing for a hand on the neck… It’s dominant and sexy and gives me all the feels. And then that blurb sucked me in… Suddenly I found myself reading a sample of the book to see if it would catch my interest … and BAM, I 1-clicked.

Crave got me out of my funk – it’s mysterious,
Lindsey King
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
HOLY SMOKES!!! BJ Harvey seriously killed it with this book. I loved it!!!

Callum Alexander. All American good boy. Only he likes things a little on the naughty side. I really enjoyed reading Callum. His story is one of lots of ups and downs. He may be one of Americas favorite bachelors, but he only has eyes for one woman, and one woman only. Because as soon as he met her, SHE was all he could think about. He was bewitched from the beginning. Cal loves his family and friends with a passion. Only
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
FREE
FREE: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AUI have a craving.
After I met her, my wants and needs, my inner most desires changed.
She encouraged me to embrace who I truly am, and she was willing to do anything and everything I wanted, giving herself to satisfy my most carnal appetite.
Then everything in my carefully managed
Virginia
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Crave was my first book by BJ Harvey and it did not disappoint! Callum and Luce are both fantastic characters. Their chemistry is off the charts and they complement each other so well. Callum has this “craving”. This desire. He tries hard to keep it at bay. Luce is the one he falls for. Falls hard. Can he keep the craving to himself or will he let it come to the surface and risk ruining things with Luce?
Crave has so many twists and turns it keeps you hooked. I thought BJ was very creative with t
MJ
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
Crave could be BJ Harvey’s most thought-provoking book to date. An idea swirling around in the author’s head for the past two years, I for one, am thrilled it finally has a voice.

This is the gripping love story between Callum and Lucia. Each independent, strong people who know what they want and how to get it and when they find an almost instant attraction to each other upon meeting, each is thrown for a loop. He is the well-known local golden boy architect who seems to have the world at his fee
The Book Avenue
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
" I want this woman. Beneath me, above me, beside me, inside me. However she'll take me is however she'll get me."

Burning is just one of the words to summarize Harvey’s story - honest, fearless and sweaty also appear in descriptions. From sexual kink to the power of love and acceptance, BJ Harvey delves deeply into the mysterious life of Callum Alexander, his darkest secret - the pleasures and pains it holds, and who unexpectedly fall in love with a woman who willingly taught him to embrace h
Tamara
Crave is the story of Callum and Lucia, a story that is described as an erotic suspense and it lives up to that name!

Callum is a successful architect who has been labelled as a playboy by the local newspaper, who seems to follow his every move - living in the spotlight is not something Callum wants nor needs, because he has secrets....big secrets. His secret is hinted at throughout the story, as well as another work related sub plot which was threaded through the story. But, I was still shocked
Ciamar13
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Callum was definitely hot. I loved the friendship between him and Grant. Lucia was a very refreshing heroine. I liked her a lot, and that doesn't happen often. I wish we would have seen a little more about Lucia and Cal. But with that being said i would LOVE a book about Grant.
Very sexy slow burn.
Nikki
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Deliciously Intriguing

So... this book was a conundrum for me. On the one hand, I couldn't put it down. It was intriguing, sexy and definitely held my attention captive. *putting on my cocky hat* I totally called the bad guy, and I'm pretty proud if myself because I don't think it was intended to be obvious. And there was a point where I even doubted myself. BUT! Oh but Ms Harvey stillll got me with that little twist and I loved it! I really enjoyed all the characters and their interactions. I'm
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
I think it would be fair to say that this book was a long time in coming but it was well worth the wait. It is evident that BJ poured her heart and soul into this story and took her time writing this. Nothing about this felt rushed, the writing was incredible and this story just seamlessly flowed. I have a lot of respect for authors who take the time they need to write the story they wish to tell. It shows their passion for not only their craft but that they care about their readers.

I love to r
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 2 Oct 22, 2015 03:38PM
  • Irons 3 (Norfolk #3)
  • Mansions
  • Wasted Love
  • Honor Bound (The Estate, #3)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Moth
  • The Con
  • Salvage
  • Commitment
  • Protecting Her
  • Elite Invitation
  • Vision of Hope (Infinity, #3)
  • Drift (Drift, #1)
  • Grit (Dirty, #6)
  • Beautiful Assassin
  • The Gun Runner (Mafia Made, #1)
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
  • Camouflage (Predator and Prey, #1)
BJ Harvey is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Bliss Series. She also regards herself as a smut peddler, suspense conjurer and a funny romance thinker upper.

An avid music fan, you will always find her singing some hit song badly but loving every minute of it. She’s a wife, a mom to two beautiful girls, and hails from what she considers as the best country in the world—New Zealand.

Facebook:
More about B.J. Harvey

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Four Swans: A Novel of Cornwall, 1795-1797 (Poldark)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Choice
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Silver Linings Playbook
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“I can’t lose you … I can lose everything else, but I could never survive losing you too.”
“If you can’t trust me to stay, then you’ll lose me anyway. Give me you…all of you.”
“You have me.”
1 likes
“The very life I’ve built for myself…everything I’ve ever done now waits in purgatory, all caused by a lack of focus at a time when my most concentrated attention was needed. If I lose her because of this, it’ll be nothing less than what I deserve.” 1 likes