Start by marking “Trash to Treasure series - Creatively Recycling with L.T.” as Want to Read:
Trash to Treasure series - Creatively Recycling with L.T.

Trash to Treasure series - Creatively Recycling with L.T.

Published April 15th 2014

Be the first to ask a question about Trash to Treasure series - Creatively Recycling with L.T.

Start your review of Trash to Treasure series - Creatively Recycling with L.T.
Storywraps
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
L.T. is a loveable little character who becomes a recycling super hero in our modern day world of glutted trash and junk. The desire of his heart is to have a new bicycle and together with his dad he gets just that. His dad persuades him to go with a refurbished model and they jump into his truck to head off to? where? ..... the local junkyard to do a scavenger hunt for parts that will be needed to fix up his old bike to make it workable and updated. L.T. is not too keen on shopping at the ...more
DelAnne Frazee
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Title: Trash to Treasure" Series Creatively Recycling with L.T The Bicycle Fence
Author: Tom Noll
Tags: Recycling
Overall Rating: Great
Reviewed For: NetGalley
Reviewer: DelAnne

Having trouble making a young reader understand why recycling is important. How to re-purpose old broken items and make them useful once more? Then introduce them to LT. LT and his family have been
A Reader's Heaven

L.T. is growing fast - he has outgrown his shirts, pants and shoes. And his bike. And he desperately wanted a new one.

L.T.'s dad likes to visit the recycle centre - his track has multi-coloured panels etc and decides that they would make a "recycled" bike for L.T.

This book is a great way to introduce kids to recycling - with lovely pictures and a simple storyline, it is a must-read for any parent wanting to
Tiffany
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was able to read an electronic version of this story. The illustrations are absolutely stunning and should attract every child's interest. This book will be an excellent story to use to open an Earth Day unit or Recycling lesson at any Elementary grade level. The story creatively shows the reader how an unneeded object can be given new life and purpose and not just discarded. I look forward to reading other titles in this series.
Diane
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The "Trash to Treasure" series - Recycling Creatively With L.T. features a recycling hero whose efforts to save the environment result in not only creative thinking, but adventure - and two children's picture books featuring this young protagonist require only good reading skills from kids (or parental read-aloud assistance) to set forth the basic concepts of recycling and one boy's unique vision of saving his world.

The fun begins with The Bicycle Fence (9781939377500, 32 pages), illustrated by
Lady
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was an interesting and inventive way to teach kids about reduce, reuse, and recycle. The only issue I had was that the proper verbiage was not used in this story which could create more confusion for kids who are really interested in the topic. It was more a book about reusing or repurposing than recycling per ce... But the reduce message was there properly and that was awesome! I would definitely take the time to explain the proper terms before reading this book to my kids but it was ...more
Jayna
Jul 06, 2014 rated it liked it
The content receives 5 stars. This book teaches about reusing items. I love that it goes through LT's feelings about recycling. I think many kids could relate.

The writing style received 2 stars at best. I think it could have been worded better to engage kids more.

I received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review.
Dolores
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: ntg-arc, azr
I love that the author is aiming to cultivate a recycling spirit among young people. I love that the recycling is fun...my students will all go home asking for bicycle fences. I LOVE the illustrations.

Though I don't expect to see bicycle fences going up around town, if children learn to look at discarded items with aspirations of reusing them, this book has hit its mark.
Janette Mcmahon
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recycling, bicycles, and the environment are all themes in this brightly illustrated children's book. This award winning book is a worthy read with your child about being more conscious about our world. A little wordy for just a bedtime story, but worth the extra time.
Lisa
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
very cute. recycling may not be fun or cool to do all the time, but this book makes it interesting. it gets kids excited to use their creative juices to recycle or even upcycle for themselves.
PWRL
Apr 01, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2015-new
A, E, O, SM
Adinda
Apr 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, kinderboeken, ebook
I did really enjoyed it. The pictures are so beautiful and I really love recycling. You can create very cool things.
ReadingWench
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I like the ideas this book gives. I also like the character.
Annice22