Start by marking “Break My Heart (Heart #2)” as Want to Read:
Break My Heart (Heart #2)

Break My Heart

(Heart #2)

Ileana Harper is focused on her future with Tommy Colton, the man she fought so hard to get back to, but not everything is at it seems. Unable to confide in Tommy, Ileana holds tight to her last shred of sanity, struggling with inner demons that could jeopardize their relationship and her career with the FBI. Through it all, Ileana is intent on moving onward and never look ...more
ebook
Published September 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Break My Heart, please sign up.
Esther Soto sorry, just saw this! My apologies for the delay. Break My Heart should release towards end of 2015 ;)

Start your review of Break My Heart (Heart #2)
Olga therebelreader
5☆☆☆

photo tumblr_mlk4e2I52b1qkx8pvo1_500_zpshtis6lup.gif

Break My Heart by Esther M. Soto is a book that has the feeling of an erotic contemporary romance combined with the mystery and angst of a time travel story and Ms. Soto does it to perfection!

This book picks up the story right from the end of Hold My Heart and it focuses on Lily’s explosive relationship with Tommy and on her mysterious time slip experiences. It's hot enough to melt ice cream, sensual enough to satisfy the most discriminating romance reader. The ability to travel through
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 5+ Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone

Break My Heart is absolutely perfect. I didn't think I'd read this in one day, but I stayed up with my kindle without paying any attention of the time. I got about 3 hours of sleep last night... all because I couldn't stop reading.

description

The story takes place right after the first book. Ileana and Tommy take a chance as a couple. They have some arguments that a lot of normal couples have. But they also have to deal with stressful memories and secrets f
Kelli Spear
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been awaiting this book since I finished Hold My Heart way back in December 2014. I think when you love a story so much (the way I loved HMH), you begin to build up the rest in your head. You hype it up, even though you're sure nothing can top it. I am thrilled to report that was not the case with Break My Heart.

BMH picks up right where we left off in HMH. And while some things stay the same, a lot has changed. Most importantly, the relationship between Ileana and Tommy. Esther Soto doesn
MJ
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-books
Break My Heart is without a doubt one of the most exceptional continuations of a series I have ever read. Esther Soto weaves a story-line that leaves you breathless, every step of the way. There were times I didn't want to continue reading for fear of my own heart being broken but once I pushed through I was once again completely enthralled in this time travel saga and couldn't wait to find out what happened next.

The love story that is Ileana and Tommy encompasses so much more than two people fi
Vasso
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No -no - no - noooooo
description

Don't stop here, just don't stop here !!!!

description

Why ? Why do I go on and start trilogies that aren't finished. And we don't even have a date for book 3 !!! Writer faster Esther Soto, faster please !!!

As far as the book goes, I love the Lil and Tommy. I love it that they aren't perfect together. I have read so many books and seen so many movies when all is perfect in their world, rainbows, unicorns and cotton candy everywhere, while in reality relationships don't go that way.
I see
Nas
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: neeeed-next-book
Finally a release date!! Nearly gave up on this. Waiting impatiently!!
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
Review posted at: https://beautyandthebeastlybooks.word...

WARNING: This review contain a few spoilers from Book 1.

Wow! If Hold My Heart was a nice surprise, Break My Heart was punch in the gut!
What an amazing sequel to an already great story!!

Break My Heart picks up exactly where Hold My Heart left out and through the whole story we get to unravel more secrets and also more about the mystery that is Illeana Harper’s life and ability to time-travel.

I was surprised (happily so). The love she share
Rebecca Gates
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me start by saying.....damn!!! This book, I mean, it's a good one. I have been waiting for this book, for want seems like forever. They say good things come to those that wait, or whatever, and it happened. This book was worth the wait! I loved that it picked up right before HMH left off. I have loved Tommy since book one and not cared much for Will, that didn't change for me. Although, I had so many conflicting feelings during this book!

If you loved the suspense from book one, as much as I
TLBC
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided http://triciaciak.blogspot.com/

Holy moly this book! The prologue had me and I couldn't stop. Whether you are team Tommy or Will you get to know them both a little better. There are a lot of questions answered but you still are left wondering and wanting more. I was anxiously awaiting this book and it did not disappoint, the wait was well worth it.

Tommy and Ileana are far from perfect, you know they love each other but they have a lot to deal with. They are really struggling to find
Megan Mitchell
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm sitting here at a loss for words! I loved ever minute of reading this book. I didn't think it was possible but I fell even more in love with Tommy! Tommy and Lil are in a new relationship and are so in love but I loved that they face real life problems. They were raw and passionate!

I have had a place in my heart for Will since HMH and I'm so happy we got to see a little more of him in BMH.

I can not wait to see what happens in the next book because my mind is going crazy with ideas from tha
Teri Beth
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Break My Heart is a fantastic sequel to Hold My Heart. It picks up the story right from the end of HMH and takes the story and characters places I never saw coming, kept me at the edge of my seat until the last line, and left me hanging in the best/worst way. BMH gives the reader so much more insight into Ileana, Tommy, their relationship, and Will, as well as Ileana's time-travel ability.

The beginning of this story starts slow and focuses on Tommy and Ileana's relationship. At first, I wanted
Carla Bulian
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Não acredito!!!!!!!! Como assim????? Termina assim????? Vou ter que esperar quanto para a continuação! Tô morta com farofa.
Não dei 5 estrelas porque não terminou.......
Amor incondicional. Lindo casal!!!!!!!!!!!
Misty
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sometimes when waiting for a series to continue on I just move on and kind of forget a story. The wait just gets too long for me to stay engaged with the story and characters. This series may have just been on the verge of exactly that but I am so happy I didn't give up. Break My Heart was exactly the follow up Hold My Heart needed.

We find Ileana back in the present still reeling from her experience chasing the serial killer from Hold My Heart. She struggles with keeping reality and her dreams s
Kathy Ann
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Break My Heart jumps in head first back into Ileana’s life. Let me just say that the opening chapter left me gasping for breath. I’m not going to summarize the synopsis for Break My Heart in this review. What I really want to talk about is the profound complexity of this book. It really examines the depth of emotion that develops within those who serve in the armed forces and police force. I actually felt as if I was peering into a window of the souls of two people who had survived overseas mil ...more
Soulla Georgiou
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderfully thrilling sequel!

Break My Heart was nothing short of a thrilling and captivating ride. The follow on novel to Hold My Heart, this story starts off a little slow, but the tempo builds and builds and builds, culminating in an absolutely breathtaking ending.
The twists and turns were so cleverly woven and left me guessing at every point. Ileana and Tommy's love story is so intense and heartbreaking in places, but their passion and love for each is raw and intimate, hot as hell and utte
Jaime Moss
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed-paperback
How do I even begin a review of this book? How about I wish I could give it 10 stars! Lil, Tommy and Will's continued story was so worth the wait, Esther!!!

This series is about love, time travel, loyalty, and history. It is a unique ride and one that I devoured. Esther's writing is phenomenal and the characters are well developed.

I cannot wait for the next book!!! I'm dying a little inside worried about my Tommy!
Courtney Moctezuma
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!! This book really made me think! I loved all the twists and turns. I read it as an ARC and my mind is still blown from it! I can NOT wait for the next installment of this series.
talon smith
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have waited and waited and waited for this book. Patiently. Not so patiently. I've WAITED.

The first 30%...SLOW. It was. I wanted to skim and get to all of the good and juicy stuff. I wanted to get to more Will and less Tommy. But I didn't rush through it and I'm so happy that I didn't. That slow build up in the beginning was worth it because once you hit around 45% the story takes off and from there you won't want to put the book down.

So, luckily Break My Heart picks up just a little bit bef
Ashley Gill
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just Wow. Esther M. Soto knocked it out of the park with this one. I love this book with my whole heart. It was a great follow up to Hold My Heart and left me wanting more. I have always been #TeamTommy, and remain on his side. Without giving any spoilers away, I better just say... Read this whole series. Fall in love with Lil, Tommy and Will. You'll love Charlie and Nelson and even Adams. These characters are full and complete. Well thought out writing that grabs you from the first chapter ...more
Courtney Strom
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5*****, no wait 10 or 100. This book is amazing. I didn't want it to end, and it did and I'm greedy and cannot wait to have more.. more, more, more. This book blew my mind and I cannot fully form my thoughts on it. Love love love Tommy. <3 ...more
Jessica Deviney
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WTF!!!
Rachel Chiapparine
I picked up this book in the Nook store on my tablet because I had to know what happens next with the characters. My personal review of the book is as follows:

I personally loved the characters and love story in the first book in the series and I was excited to see that the next book was available on my Nook. The story broke my heart and put it back together again a few different times within all the plot twist especially when it it comes finding out more about who was who/with who in which time
Laura Langworthy
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This book was AMAZING! This story was so full of twists and turns and WHAT moments, I couldn’t get enough. I wanted to ignore reality and just sit and read this book and forget that I had responsibilities. Lily and Tommy’s love is palpable, throw in Will, Chris, and Nelson and you can’t go wrong! I absolutely cannot wait for the third book!
Pamela
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Looking forward to book 3.
Ivy
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Captivated by the characters and their story...on to the next adventure.
Julie
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it

Break My Heart is the sequel to Hold My Heart, and it’s a must that you read book one first. This book picks up right where Hold My Heart ended. Ileana is struggling with her life after healing from her injuries. She expected Tommy to be by her side because he has been with her for years, but he’s mysteriously nowhere around Besides being partners, they served together and have been through so much.

There’s only so much Tommy can take and not knowing if Ileana is coming back to him or not after h
Tammy Deviney-roden
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
was mesmerized from the start....there are plenty of twists in this story, without giving anything away it is a must read..Esther M. Soto has done it again....
Liz
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm just upset that I didn't realize this was NOT the last book in the series! ...more
Ms. Laura
Feb 23, 2017
Lucy Nasser
Jan 30, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Family Upstairs
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Regretting You
  • Enemies
  • King  of the South (Belgrave Dynasty, #1)
  • Unspeakable Things
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • The Chestnut Man
  • Long Bright River
  • Traitor's Knot
  • The Mark of the Rose
  • Murder Will Speak (Lilly Long #3)
  • Where Butterflies Dream (Exit Unicorns, # 5)
  • Murder in Deep Regret (The Doyle & Acton Murder Series, #11)
  • Where the Lost Wander
  • The Turncoat Letters (Rebels of the Revolution, #2)
  • The Petticoat Letters (Rebels of the Revolution, #1)
  • Serenading Heartbreak
Esther grew up on the beautiful Caribbean island of Puerto Rico before meeting and marrying her soul mate.
A former military wife, she is the mother of three boys, explorer, avid reader, communications professor, and knowledge hound. An Army Mom at heart, Esther resides in FL where she spends her days teaching human communication and public speaking, grading, and writing about love, romance, and l

Heart (3 books)
  • Hold My Heart (Heart #1)
  • TBA (The Heart Series, Book 3)