Start by marking “Coming To Jesus: One Man's Search for Truth and Life Purpose” as Want to Read:
Coming To Jesus: One Man's Search for Truth and Life Purpose

Coming To Jesus: One Man's Search for Truth and Life Purpose

Did you know the Bible contains hundreds of fulfilled prophecies made centuries in advance? And did you know that no other book in the world can make that claim?

Britt Gillette didn’t. At age 14, he found himself struggling with the universal questions of life. Questions such as: Who am I? What’s the purpose of life? What happens when I die? And does God exist?

So what did
Published April 17th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Coming To Jesus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming To Jesus

Lisa Marie Gabriel
I found this book to be a Curate's Egg - in other words, it was good in parts. First the good bits:

Britt Gillette manages to lay before us the Biblical proof of the existence and life of Jesus and that He is the Messiah foretold by the Prophets. He does so with elegant simplicity and his biblical references are suggestions, therefore the reader can explore at will without the narrative being interrupted. In an era where the Bible is not taken as a factual account by most, I would have liked to s
Stanley
Nov 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I am familiar with this author from his contributions to the Rapture Ready Forum, I enjoyed reading his work. An exception I have with this book is the God shaped Hole reference. This concept stems from Pascal and Saint Augustine and I feel it is too easy to get off on a humanism path with this sort of preaching. My heart is desperately wicked, I don't need a hole filled, I need a new heart. Mr. Gillette has done a fine job with this book and I highly recommend it for both new and seasoned belie ...more
Adrienne Harris
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

Positive proof that the b

ib

Positive proof that the Bible is the Word of God. Read the Word and you will get the Anne's

Positive proof that the Bible is theRe

Positive proof that the Bible is the Word of God. It has all the answers to your questions. Read it and believe.

le
Anthony Patrick Nolan
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Gillette's story of how he found Jesus and was saved. I am a Catholic and while reading this book I came to realise the Mr. Gillette may well be a Born Again Christian, though he doesn not say he is and I am only guessing from the content.

He gives good direction on finding Jesus and living in Jesus. I recommend this as a very good read and instruction manual. He is clear in all of his thoughts; there is little if any ambiguity. Overall a very good read.

And it is free on Kimble.
Bryanna Plog
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
A fast-paced argument for Christianity and why it makes sense. Gillette's arguments are a bit simplistic and don't always align with my own but interesting to read. I prefer a bit more in-depth and nuanced religious texts, but this would be a good introduction to the idea of Jesus as Messiah for many.
Rhonda Ryan
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read for the Christian to think about his/her beliefs. Also for the open minded seeking for answers

A lot of things to think about. For the believer shows we're the bible fits into Life. For the open minded may give something to think about,. If not for your self it may help you understand your Christian friends and family
Cory Briggs
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easy going casual style with a lot of common sense behind it. This book is an apologetic for that Christian faith. There are no concerns or complaints concerning this book. It's brief style makes it easy to master.
Deborah Necessary
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Britt Gilette's book. Not raised in church, he nevertheless had many questions, such as why am I here and what is my purpose in life. These questions were answered when he came to Jesus.
Webster A Chilton
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome. Will definitely help evangelize.

Well presented. Covered all of the questions I'd ever had about coming to Jesus. I highly recommend this book to believers and nonbelievers.
Fred C
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loretta Gabriel
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very interesting and enlightening

The author has written a very interesting book that will help the lukewarm believers come to have a much better understanding of the Bible. His beliefs and words will be a great influence on many of the nonbelievers.
P. Upshaw
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful GOD'S word

Wonderful GOD'S word focused study of the Biblical prophecies about JESUS. Reading them for myself was so enlightening. I pray my joy will reach out to all the people I encounter and strengthen me to share Christ.
Sally Andrews
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really great book about one man's quest for meaning and significance.
David & Mary Lou Erlacher
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
God's story for man, man's story for God..

Well written and researched. Honest and true. Around for you and me. Read it, consider it research it..I dare ya!
miranda bielinski
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This is a great book for both believers and sceptic of God and Jesus christ. Lots of scripture quotes but most of all a push to explore the bible on your own.
Jeniffer Shyamala
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Experience..!

Loved every chapter !! And also strengthened my belief in Our True GOD Jesus Christ ..! Thanks Britt ..! God Bless You !
Roger D Eggert
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great witnessing book.

Its one of the best book I have read in a long time. It gives bible verses to back up what he says. A very good and interesting read.
Nola
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellently written..

Chose five stars because this book is that good. It can change your life. It changed mine. I would recommend this to anyone who does not know Jesus Christ.
Bill Barnes
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good

I have to take exception to some of the things Mr Gillette said in the first half of the book, No where in the OT or the NT for that matter is the term AD used. None of the predictions of His death referred to AD. I am not sure when BC and AD were first brought into being but would guess some time around the rule of Constantine.. Since AD or Anno Domini means the "Year of our Lord". As small thing, but as I have always known that, "the devil is n the details." It gives people a hook to
Nicola Gore
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this mans journey to becoming a Christian and found it helpful in relation to my beliefs. If you are unsure whether Jesus exists or want to explore your beliefs then this is the book for you.
I liked the way that he didn't always quote from the book but told you where to go in the bible to read it for youself
James B. Kuminecz
A very thought provoking read of Christ and the Bible Prophecies

I learned a lot and enjoyed it immensely to my surprise! The author was writing as if we were having a private conversation.
Michael Gauthier
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read.

The most important decision you will ever make is detailed inside this book. Your decision time grows short, time is not on your side.
Barbara
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Great book

This book explains a lot about Jesus with the Bible verses to back it up. I recommend that everyone read it.
billy
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Superb!!!

I loved this book. It cut right to the core. How could anyone read this and not come to Jesus?
Danny
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Good
Good
Good luck in your life
Good morning
I don't know what else to say about that now
Donna Peake
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-books-read
I felt the Author was speaking to me as I read this book.
brian miller
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This was one of the best books on Christian apologetics I've ever read and I've read a lot.Definitely recommend this book.
Alan Burgess
Jan 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Willing To Review...: Coming To Jesus Book Review 3 15 Jun 11, 2014 09:18AM
  • Loving God When You Don't Love the Church: Opening the Door to Healing
  • If I Had Lunch with C.S. Lewis: Exploring the Ideas of C.S. Lewis on the Meaning of Life
  • Finding God When You Need Him Most
  • The Renewed Mind: Becoming the Person God Wants You to Be
  • Overwhelmed: Winning the War Against Worry
  • Can I Have Joy In My Life? (Crucial Questions, #12)
  • Healing the Wounded Heart: Removing Obstacles to Intimacy with God
  • Billy Graham: Candid Conversations with a Public Man
  • Gotta Have It!: Freedom from Wanting Everything Right Here, Right Now
  • Building Up One Another
  • Pure Eyes: A Man's Guide to Sexual Integrity
“Despite the fact you can find the Bible almost everywhere in modern society, few people actually read it anymore. As a result, most people form their opinions about the Bible based on what other people have told them. And oftentimes, those people haven’t read the Bible either! See why I’ve been encouraging you to read the Bible for yourself? Don’t let others draw conclusions for you – not when it comes to such an important issue.” 0 likes
“The Bible says when you die, there are two destinations – and two destinations only. You either go to heaven or hell (Romans 2:6-8). But what determines where you end up? Before I reveal what the Bible says, let me ask you a question: Do “good” people get into heaven? Even if you think you know the answer, take the time to think about that for a minute. If there’s a heaven and a hell – and the Bible says there is – who goes to heaven and who goes to hell? A lot of people are quick to answer this question. The common response is “good” people go to heaven and “bad” people go to hell. But this raises its own questions. Because if that’s the case, where do you draw the line between “good” and “bad,” and who sets the standard?” 0 likes