Start by marking “Taming Miss Tisdale” as Want to Read:

(Regency Blooms #2)

Miss Tamsin Tisdale believes herself to be completely unsuitable for London life. After a myriad of social mishaps, and the potential ruination of her family name, she’s shipped away to her cousin’s northern estate. Only after she accepts the type of existence Society dictates she must follow will she be welcomed home.

Marcus Winston, the Duke of Grayson, has a lackluster r
Published April 30th 2014 by Soul Mate Publishing

Start your review of Taming Miss Tisdale
Tracy T.
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun story, great narration by Beverly Crick (audible review)

This was a fun story, I enjoyed all of it. I love Tamsin, she was so funny! She said whatever was on her mind. All the time! LOL.

The story line and plot was very good. I really liked "Mr. Winston" aka The Duke of Grayson. He just wanted to be normal. His mother was awful. Tamsin and Marcus made a great match. There are some very funny moments in this book. A lot of great dialogue too.

As for the narration. It was great, another Beverly C
ρυηүα [Punya Reviews...]
Space Cowgirl
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finding His Own Wife👰💋

Early 1800s England Adult Regency Romance

Marc Winston🐺🍆🌋, the Duke of Grayson, suffers from epilepsy, but he's had only an attack or two since becoming an adult. However, an attack and fall from a horse🐎 as a lad has scarred him for life. His father came to save him, got cold and wet, and died a few days later. Marc blames himself, partly because his mother, the dowager Duchess👸, blames him and will never let him forget it.

His mother has a girl all picked out for him to ma
Debbie McCreary
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tamsin Tisdale is in exile. Not exactly, but since she spilled soup on the Marquess of Stapleton in London, her family thought it best to visit her cousin Elizabeth and Uncle in Barton, away from London. Just until the scandal wore out. But with Tamsin, she was one scandal after another. Not your typical Lady, Tamsin is outspoken, acted before she thought and did not act at all like the ton expected. This was one such time, when on a ride in Barton, she got lost and met Mr. Winston. Well, he sai ...more
Tea
Jul 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh. Though, it began well enough...

This one was very "meh" for me, which is disappointing. Compounding my disappointment is the (possibly faulty) memory of having enjoyed the first and third books a great deal.

But if those two books are anywhere near as good as I think I remember them being, then Jefferson truly dropped the ball with this one.

The Miss Tisdale featured this time around was poorly drawn, much as if her creator was ticking boxes for a Charming Regency Hoyden. Except Tamsin ended u
Hanna
Apr 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stupid Feminism

Strong heroines are great. But I abhor authors who have swallowed feminist bull that feminine skills like embroidery were a stupid waste of time. Before the industrial revolution (1830's), all decorative arts were hand made at great expense of time and skill. Women who wanted beauty in their homes and on their clothing had to pay for it or create it. Plus--something feminism has stolen from 2 generations of women in our time by denigrating the textile arts--creating beauty is trem
Frances Law
Could have been better!

OMG! Another author who knows nothing about the Regency aristocracy! A dukes mother remains the success until he marries. Once he marries she becomes the Dowager Duchess. She would often live in the Dower House, not dowager house!
She is referred to as 'your grace' or 'her grace, the duchess of Grayson' not Lady Grayson or madam.
There is no way that a viscountess, especially a wealthy one, would allow her daughter to wear her sister's old gowns! It might help the story but
Linda
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tamsen Tisdale is sent to her cousin's house in the country to live down a scandal. Marcus Winston is the Duke of Grayson, living secluded because he thinks having "the falling disease" aka epilepsy makes him weak. Marc also is completely dominated by his mother, letting her run his life and restrict him from most things. When he meets Tamsen, he decides to pretend he's someone else, Mr. Winston, cousin to the Duke.

I liked Tamsen, and the Duke's friend, Jason St. Regis, but the duke himself, I d
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Taking Miss Tisdale (The Regency Blooms Book 1)

The love story of Marcus and Tamsin. Tamsin is the wild child of the Tisdale's sisters. She has been send down from London because is was seen wearing man's pants and pouring soup over a man. While cost her cousin She meet the Duke of Grayson but her tell her he is the duke's cousinMarc is the Duke of Grayson, his mother want him to marry Lady Elizabeth, so she can keep running the dukedom. His mother keep tell him, he is to sick to run the estate
Deb Diem
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Taming Miss Tisdale is my first book by Jessica Jefferson but it won't be my last. Ms. Jefferson has delivered a well-written book and filled it with outstanding characters. Marcus has been sequestered at his estate so the ton doesn't learn of his "falling disease." Tamsin has been sent to her uncle after she dumped a bowl of soup on a man's lap after he groped her under the table. Marcus and Tamsin's story is loaded with drama, humor and spice. I enjoyed reading this historical romance and look ...more
Patricia Kiyono
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tamsin is quite a tomboy with little regard for elegance or manners. Due to a recent scandal in London, she’s been sent to stay with her uncle and cousin in the country. She has a talent for sneaking off unchaperoned, and one of her early morning rides she meets a friendly man on the neighboring estate who introduces himself as Mr. Winston. Marcus Winston is the Duke of Grayson, but finds the title restricting. With Tamsin he can be himself, especially since she doesn’t know he’s the duke. He ha ...more
Dianne Lowe
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story of Tamsin and Marc is very well written. Tamsin is sent to the country to stay with her cousin and her father after she has been involved in yet another scandal. She meets Marc(Mr. Winston) who is a Duke. He pretends to be a cousin to the Duke. The Duke he's epilepsy which has led to overproduction by his mother. Tamsin, on the other hand, challenges him and excites him. He becomes more alive. Though they share times together, can they find happiness? What is Tamsin's reaction to Marc' ...more
Sandra James
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taming love

I choose a five star rating because the story plot was very good. One temptous, red head and a gentle, understated lover. Opposites do attract. The subject of seizure disorders was handled very well. of course when the story took place, seizures were a mystery to the medical community. And usually families handle illnesses by hiding a person away. Marc did a good job of learning and growing despite his condition. Recommend this book to anyone who loves a good romance.
Sandra
Kathy
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tamsin did something outrageous in London so she is sent out of town to wait for it to blow over. She meets Marc when she is out riding. They hit it off and want to see each other again. Marc thinks she is a commoner so he doesn’t tell her he is a Duke. How they sneak in meetings without other people giving away his identity is amusing. But trouble is coming when his mother tries to push her agenda. A most enjoyable book.
Kathy
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful romance story

Marc and Tamsin meet without knowing who the other is but feel an immediate attraction. I enjoyed the way their relationship grew and how Marc began to find who he really was beyond the Duke. Tamsin found that loving someone didn't mean she had to give up who she is either. Satisfying, feel good ending.
Sharyn
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sickly Duke

Well, I didn't read the first two, but I will now. There are 4 Tisdale sisters, but 3 books so far. Marc, the Duke has epilepsy and has been coddled and protected all his life. Tamsin Tisdale brings light into his dreary life. After many misunderstandings, they of course get their HEA.
Natalie Brooks
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars for the story, but a bonus .5 for the narrator Beverley Crick. I looked for more books she narrates.
I like the personality of the heroine and the fact that the hero has seizures (I think). I loved his best friend Jason St Regis and am eagerly awaiting the book about him, if it’s still coming.
Jeanne Johnston
Jul 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The reviews led me to think this would be more funny than it was. Maybe I've overdosed on these hoydenish misses. Bonus for never once calling her a hoyden. Many more demerits for the rampant apostrophe abuse. Just because a word ends in S doesn't make it possessive. *sigh*
Aaliya Bishop
A little too predictable

One read of the first book and the second will follow a similar pattern. Shame. this book could have looked more closely at how Tamsin would be a true social outcast but it doesn't.
Sharon Wagner
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

Absolutely wonderful storyline! So heartbreaking,exciting and romantic. Excellent writing style. The characters were lovable and approachable. Will definitely be reading more books by Jessica Jefferson!
Brittany
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historicals
This is book two in the Regency Blooms series. In this one we get to know Tamsin one of the Tisdale sisters. Tamsin has been sent away due to some scandals and when a chance meeting with a Duke changes things. This addition to the series was very well done. I am looking forward to book 3.
Cecily
I thought the first half of the book was good - Tamsin was smart, Marcus was the one that needed to find some backbone. I especially liked the fact that the book seemed to be interested in other forms of male friendship than those based on hyper-masculinity. But then there had to be some lame male competition for the woman thrown in, and then a horrible misunderstanding, and then a slightly limp ending. Early promise squandered.
Virginia Sande
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining book about an unconventional woman and a man with a secret who has been the victim of an over-protective family. It was a quick read, with many interesting characters. The editing was superb.
Roberta
Kind of fun if not terribly historically accurate. I also felt it was a bit feeble of him not to attempt to reconnect with her (other than by one letter) when she went away. Not really to my taste, just didn’t grab me.
Alice
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
characters discover their best self.
Pamela
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taming Miss Tisdale

This was a delightful read the characters were wonderful.This was interesting full of drama and excitement enjoyed this read very much
Annette
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
TAMING MISS TISDALE: is an enjoyable read. A wild woman, an illness, an annoying mother....all in a day’s work.
Kim Gasparini
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not terrible, but real issues with continuity.
Sen
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
taming miss tisdale

Nice sweet and lovely story. like to read about jason. Very lovely settings. I like reading this kind of stories.
Nadia Hinson
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 24, 2015 07:12AM

• The Devil of Dunmoor
  • Lady Charlotte's Marquess (The Heir and a Spare #2)
  • When a Rogue Loves a Woman
  • A Dangerous Deceit (The Thief-Takers, #3)
  • Lady In Distress (The Langley Sisters, #3)
  • The Devil May Care (Rogues & Gentlemen #4)
  • Lizzie's Earl (The Heir and a Spare #3)
  • The Runaway Countess (Nottinghamshire, #1)
  • Secrets of a Viscount (Gentlemen of Honor, #1)
  • The Reluctant Wife (Children of Empire Book 2)
  • Letter from a Rake (The Duke of Strathmore, #1)
  • Scent of Danger (Sinclair and Raven #4)
  • Gentlemen Prefer Spinsters (Spinsters Club, #1)
  • Hannah's Duke (The Heir and a Spare #4)
  • Somewhat Scandalous (Brambridge Novels Book 1)
  • Three Abductions and an Earl (Parvenues & Paramours, #1)
  • Lady In Demand (The Langley Sisters, #2)
  • To Madden a Marquess (Lords of London #2)
Jessica Jefferson makes her home in Almost-Chicago with her husband, nine and three year old girls, guinea pigs, and English bulldog Pete. When she's not busy trying to find middle-ground between being a modern career woman and Suzy-Homemaker, she loves to watch "Real Housewives of [insert city here]" and performing unnecessary improvements to her home and property.
Jessica writes Regency-era hist

Regency Blooms (3 books)
  • Compromising Miss Tisdale
  • Chasing the Other Tisdale (Regency Blooms #3)