Start by marking “Capturing the Earl's Love (Marlow Intrigues, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Capturing the Earl's Love (Marlow Intrigues, #2.5)

Capturing the Earl's Love

(Marlow Intrigues #2.5)

From Kindle bestselling Historical romance author, Jane Lark, comes a brand new FREE novella to accompany her breathtaking Marlow Intrigues series.

This novella tells the story of secondary characters from The Illicit Love of a Courtesan...

Rupert Stanforth, Earl of Morton, is exasperated by his sister's choice of friend. Meredith Divine clings, using Rowena's plain appearan
Published May 29th 2014 by HarperImpulse (first published June 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Capturing the Earl's Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Capturing the Earl's Love

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
Last year I read and loved Jane Lark’s The Illicit Love of a Courtesan but this novella just didn’t work for me. It lacked strong character development and a believable romance.

My Thoughts

I believe the story would have benefited from being a full-length novel. Rupert and Meredith had the potential to be such interesting and complex characters but, within the confines of this novella, they lacked the necessary in-depth characterisation and seemed very one-dimensional. So I found it difficult to
Suze Lavender
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rupert Stanford, the Earl of Morton, is doing his best to make sure he'll find a good match for his sister Rowena. He doesn't want her to be unhappy. His parents didn't have a good relationship and he wants something better for his sister. Unfortunately Rowena has made a friend with a girl whose social status he doesn't approve of. He's sure Meredith Divine befriended his sister to make herself look better. Rupert's theory is that by outshining Rowena her own beauty will be noticed. He loathes t ...more
Belinda
A novella what surely gives a taste of the writting of this author.

"The book swings from truly swoon-worthy, tense and heart wreching, erotic and erverything els in between."

BestChicklit.com
Elizabeth Bennet
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a powerful read for it's length IMO. Lord Rupert Stanford, Earl of Morton loves his sister and wants her to find the happiness that their cousin Edward has found. That is why he has brought Edwards wife Ellen to help her find her match. He does not approve of her present companion and friend, Meredith Divine. She is beautiful and outshines his sister with her auburn hair but her voice is too high pitched and what she does and says has purpose behind it. She is plotting he is sure o ...more
Sarah Black
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy the regency styled books by Jane Lark, they are well written and really enjoyable.

The two main characters are perfect for one another. It takes Rupert longer to realize it that it does Meredith. Even though events take place and she has to trick him into marriage she does truly love him.

Rupert sees Meredith as something she isn't, he thinks she's a hussy of sorts, he feels that she flaunts herself at men but the only man she really flaunts herself in from to get his attention is
Alyssa
Jun 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: free-on-kindle

This novella was my first exposure to any of Jane Lark's works and I have to admit that I was not disappointed. I am a big fan of love stories that begin with bad first impressions and end with the characters seeing different sides of one another. However, because the story was so short, I found the character development and depth to be lacking. I think that the story would have benefited from more time to allow the characters to unfold - I would have liked to see complexity within both Rupert a
Alison
Hmmm, I found both the main characters totally unlovable and their attraction to each other unfathomable.

Meredith is a wealthy, stunningly beautiful young woman unfortunate to have been born the daughter of a merchant rather than the nobility. For some inexplicable reason she is in love with her best friend's brother (the Earl of Morton) even though he displays shockingly bad manners and is uniformly rude to her.

For some reason her father is desperate to marry her and in desperation she takes ad
Erin
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Proof that insta-love doesn't just happen in YA! The male protagonist, Lord Rupert Morton was a Mr . Darcy type(wary of young women looking to marry wealthy and titled men, devoted to sister, aware of traditional rules etc). Of course, Morton holds disdain for the young Meredith Divine (where do these names come from?), a woman that he sees as just hanging off his sister's arm to raise her prospects. The story is very predictable and ultimately the opposites attract(after a hasty marriage and a ...more
Erika
Apr 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
Too short, characters are flat, love comes after a couple nights in the sack. Felt rushed, bare bones. Could have been done much better.
Mrs Caroline Trevor
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

I found this a good book. I liked the relationship between Meredith and Rupert. I thought the story reflected how class was in the era
D Glover
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very captivating

Fast paced and intriguing. I also thought Meredith was using Rowena, but loved the twist to it.

.😀 Enjoyed this novella.
Anasheh Satoorian
Where do I even begin with this story? All I can say is that Jane Lark manages to do in 75 pages what some authors cannot accomplish in 400 (+) pages. There is world building, character growth and development, an amazing plot and a beautiful romance that is not instantaneous. How did she manage this in 75 pages, well she's Jane Lark, that is all I have to say.

Before diving back into this world, I re-read the first book in the series. Not that I necessarily had to read this story, because it can
Sheila Majczan
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I sat down wanting to read a romance this afternoon and at first this story reminded me, vaguely, of P&P. But I could not identify with the characters. Rupert, the Earl of Morton, never redeems himself for me. It seems he only falls in love because Meredith is good in bed. He seems out of touch with what others around him are feeling, i.e., his cousin and his sister. And I waited for some qualities in either the male or the female lead characters to make me warm to them - never happened.

Erin
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Find this and other reviews at: https://flashlightcommentary.blogspot...

Not one, but two authors have recently come out to discuss the financial side of publishing and while I agree the creative geniuses who fuel the machine are underpaid, I have to admit that I am also poor and refuse to be shamed over buying books when they are on sale or browsing Amazon’s freebie listings. I do want I can, but I have a budget because I too have bills and need to stretch my funds as far as possible.

My propensi
Melissa
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short and Sweet

FOUR STARS
⭐⭐⭐⭐

Capturing the Earl's Love by Jane Lark is a quick, sweet, historical romance.

Meredith and Rupert's romance may start off on a sour note but it doesn't long for Rupert to fall for his sweet bride. Even the small side story of Rupert's younger sister was a sweet addition.
Sandra Gest
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. Really loved it. I haven't read a lot until now but I have all these older books on my tablet. I want to read some new stuff but I must read these first. Can't just let them go. Thanks, Sandra
Kasa
Dec 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Meh

The general idea was good but the plot and the characters, though with potential, were flat. Read it in 30 minutes and wasn't impressed
Nina Hutson-farley
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved

Really loved this short novella! Sometimes you want just a little more information on additional characters and Jane Lark is great at writing them for her books.
Kelli Santistevan
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book.

I liked the storyline and the characters. I found nothing to dislike. I rated this book 5 stars because I liked reading it.
Evelyn Grabas
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Very cute. Pleasant read. Great improvement over the first of this series. Will consider reading more of Jane Lark's books.
Sometime
Meh. Too short to really dig deep enough. H is a big jerk for most of the book and only falls in love with the h because she's so passionate in bed. Huh?
Mrs G Hurley
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the right ingredients

All the right ingredients. Swept up in the romance. Short but sweet with passion, Earls and waltzing what's not to love.
Queen Talk Talk
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable short story.

This was a nicely written historical romance. Well researched and worded. I read it as a stand-alone and found it satisfying. Mild sexy times.
Book Gannet
So picture the scene – a lofty young earl heartily dislikes the pretty young woman hanging around his sister, no doubt using her for some manipulative means, while that same young woman longs for the arrogant earl that she knows doesn’t like her, but oh, how she wishes he did. Add in the prospect of a terrible marriage to a horrible old man…

And disaster. Or sheer brazen foolishness. Or some other form of unfathomable stupidity that ends up in an unbelievable marriage.

The idea that Meredith force
Melissa Levine
May 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
Melissa Marlow
Aug 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Rupert Stanforth, the Earl of Morton is the ward for his sister Lady Rowena Stranforth. He loves his sister and would do anything to protect her, but putting up with the season for suitors is not one of his favorite things. Especially when she is with her friend Meredith. A stunning young lady, but he thinks she is using his sister for connections and he would put a stop to the friendship if he could but it seems the more he dislikes her the more the spend time together.

Meredith’s only friend ha
Capturing the Earl's Love by Jane Lark

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

'Capturing the Earl's Love' is full of forbidden attraction, oppression and prejudice. A romantic tale with an insightful glimpse beneath the glamour of polite Regency society.
An Earl cannot be attracted to a trade heiress. A daughter must obey her father, even if means a lifetime of unhappiness. These are the rules of Regency society which Rupert and Meredith dare to challenge. Will passion a
Melanie
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The blurb is sufficient in setting up the story, so I’m not going to go into it much.

The main hero of this story is Rupert, Earl of Morton and a cousin to Edward from the first book in the series, Illicit Love of a Courtesan, and one I recommend highly you read, even though it’s not really necessary for you to do so as this little gem stands on its own merit.

Rupert was a witness to Edward and Ellen’s affair and someone who doubted their love match, even after they married, but slowly he’s been c
Jo Hughes
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank author Jane Lark for sending me a copy of this in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This is my last review of Jane's books, I have loved this series and can't wait to read more from Jane.

This is a short story about Rupert, Edward and Robert Marlowe's cousin.  Rupert is not impressed with his sisters friend Meredith she irritates him and he thinks she is schemeing.

Meredith isn't schemeing she is shy and on the outside of the ton, Rowena is her friend and sheild as she is
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Reluctant Duchess
  • Desperate Measures
  • The Devil's Match (The Devil DeVere #4)
  • Her Dangerous Viscount (Beauvisage, #4)
  • Scandalous Wager (Whitechapel Wagers, #1)
  • Pretty Persuasion
  • Secret Nights (Rakes, #3)
  • Mood Indigo
  • An Untitled Lady
  • Calico
  • One Night with an Earl: A House of Trent Novella (House of Trent, #2.5)
  • The Kiss Before Midnight
  • Winning a Bride (Bridal Favors, #2.5)
  • No Regrets
  • Carnally Ever After (The Ever Afters, #1)
  • Marcus Wilding: Duke of Pleasure (Dangerous Dukes, #1)
  • The Rake and the Bishop's Daughter (Friendship #3)
  • The Only Reason for the London Season (Greenford Waters Legacy #0.5)

Jane is a writer of authentic, passionate and emotional Historical and New Adult Romance, and a Kindle top 25 bestselling author.

She began her first historical novel at sixteen, but a life full of adversity derailed her as she lives with the restrictions of Ankylosing Spondylitis.

When she finally completed a novel it was because she was determined not to reach forty still saying, I want to write.

N

Marlow Intrigues (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Lost Love of a Soldier (Marlow Intrigues #1)
  • The Illicit Love of a Courtesan (Marlow Intrigues, #2)
  • The Passionate Love of a Rake (Marlow Intrigues, #3)
  • The Desperate Love of a Lord (Marlow Intrigues, #3.5)
  • The Scandalous Love of a Duke (Marlow Intrigues, #4)
  • The Dangerous Love of a Rogue (Marlow Intrigues #5)
  • The Jealous Love of a Scoundrel (The Marlow Intrigues #5.5)
  • The Persuasive Love of a Libertine (Marlow Intrigues #5.75)
  • The Secret Love of a Gentleman (Marlow Intrigues #6)
  • The Reckless Love Of An Heir (Marlow Intrigues #7)