Start by marking “Flight (The Last Paladin #1)” as Want to Read:
Flight (The Last Paladin #1)

Read Excerpt

Flight

(The Last Paladin #1)

Flight, The Last Paladin Series is an Urban Fantasy story set in two worlds, present day Florida and an alternate world named Irlendria.

Sentenced to death for his Bloodright, Startüm Ironwolf has fought for life since the time of his birth. Born a half-breed and a Paladin of Ukko, he is the first of his kind.

When his Father’s people, the Klavikians,
Paperback, 1st Edition, 344 pages
Published January 28th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Flight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flight

Start your review of Flight (The Last Paladin #1)
Poul
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t typically do reviews, but this book caught my eye. I’ve been playing a Paladin for years as a gamer, so I loved the idea of reading about my favorite character class. Unfortunately, not many authors like to write about Paladins. After reading some of the negative reviews I can understand why.

Anyway, I enjoyed the story. It was fun, action packed and one of those books that you just don’t want to put down. If you’ve ever read the Drizzt Do’Urden series or the Dresden Files you
Anja LFGC
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plenty of plots running to keep you interested. Also, the werewolves kicked butt. Not the typical sociopath predators that so many authors love to depict, but creatures with a wilder nature that are extremely powerful.

I was expecting a fan fiction erotica story, but this story was different. It was engaging and enjoyable read. The main hero is a powerful character, but doesn’t overwhelm the strong heroines in the story. The story was not what I had expected. Yet, I have to say I real
K.B. Stevens
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Non-Stop Action!
Flight whisk you away at a breakneck pace into a fantasy world with immersive battle sequences that will have you dodging the spiked claws of demons and the dark magic of underworld demi-gods as you cheer for a hero who is hopelessly outnumbered and mercilessly hunted across worlds. This book features an unexpected take on demons and werewolves and lays the foundation for what will surely be an epic fantasy series. If you enjoy fast paced fantasy action than I highly recomm
Quentin Leer
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Flight is an exciting book that will keep you furiously turning pages till the very last. There was never a dull moment in the story, and I can't wait for the sequel because I can tell things are about to go to a whole new level in the next book. Highly recommended.
Nessa
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun read

If you’ve read Patricia Briggs‘ Mercy Thompson series, Jim Butchers Harry Dresden series or played World of Warcraft then you will love this book like I did.

The story jumps between present day earth and a fantasy world blending the story between the two expertly. Once I started I didn’t want to put the story down, because the action never stops.

Being a woman, I especially enjoyed the strong female characters throughout the story. It definately wasn’t
Dorothea
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW, I was up the first night reading it until 3 AM before I made myself go to bed. I finished it two days later and it was action packed all the way through. It was like 24 meets Underworld!

I can't wait for book 2!
Jesse Deleon
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended for Awesome adventure.

Jason Cheek has written an awesome introduction to a new level of reading adventure storyline. I recommend anyone who wants a great read to start here. Thank you from a new fan.
T.L. Coulter
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Once I started to read it, I had a hard time putting it down. I was drawn into the characters and storyline. I am anxiously awaiting the second book.
David Fournier
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens and up
I am looking forward to the next book in the story.
Carla
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable read.... if you're looking for a new scifi series to get into this is it
Cannot wait for the next installment
Persnickety
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic multi-dimensional fantasy adventure

The good guys are bad asses. So are the women. Just about all of them get to be downright heroic and world saving. The bad guys are Snidely Whiplash nasty. And, YAY, they are indeed foiled once again. Veritable rip snortin' battle scenes. And yet there's so much heart and plentiful 'feels'. Truly creative storyline and insightful perspectives. Excellent writing craft!
Milo Jackson
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW
Michael Burnett
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Great book I can't wait to read the next book in the series I would recommend this book to anyone
Jason Cheek
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I really liked the author's success in assembling many different elements, some that you would not think go well together, to form a complex first book in a promising storyline. The development of a new and unique genre that molds modern weapon technology, urban warfare, lycanthropy, and a paladins struggle against evil. The Hero pursued by Evil over two worlds, hunted across time and space serves as the basis of the story. The author intertwines the careful character development while defining ...more
Sara Best
May 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I received Flight through Goodreads "First Reads". I was looking forward to reading it but was a little let down. Somehow the description of the book did not prepare me for what it actually was. That threw me off as I started to read it because I was trying to mentally recast the story into a different light. I do not normally read books which feature popularized beings like werewolves. I also found the use of foul language unnecessary to either the development of the story line or the personali ...more
C. Coleman
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
An interesting sci-fi story with constant actions and approachable characters. I do recommend reading this, but it does have several drawbacks. The plot skips around in place and time making it difficult to follow. There are simple, glaring issues such as verb tense mistakes and incorrect words used, like your for you're, that hamper the pace. The book needs reader editing more than just spell checking. The weakness for me was there was no explanation for the various powers and magic elements re ...more
Shirley Smith
Dec 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
It was a great story 1 6 Apr 08, 2014 02:11AM

• The Miranda Contract
  • Glimpse of Darkness (Chronicles of the Cursed, #1)
  • The Dragons Revenge (Tales from the New Earth, #2)
  • Finally Dead (Eve Benson: Vampire, #1)
  • Resistance (Hathe, #1)
  • The Name of The Sword (The Gods Within, #4)
  • Soul Stealer: Legacy of the Blade
  • Pseudo-Dragon (The Blue Dragon's Geas, #4)
  • From the Path (The Orb-stars, #1)
  • Heartwood (The Elemental Wars Book 1)
  • Vergence (Vergence Cycle Book 1)
  • Harrow
  • Mystic
  • Dee's Hard Limits (Masters of the Cats, #2)
  • Doorways to Arkomo (Spirit Oak's Gift, #1)
  • The First Immortal: Dark Angel
  • The Changeling Detective
  • Take the Body And Give Me The Rest (Soldiers and Gods, #1)
Jason A. Cheek, author of The World and The Last Paladin Series, lives in Germany due to his current job assignment. He lives with his wife and daughter, along with their two dogs Monte and Melow. Originally from West Palm Beach, Jason was born in Florida.

Interested in martial arts, swords, archery, Dungeon & Dragons, the SCA (Society of Creative Anachronisms), reading Sci-Fi and F

The Last Paladin (2 books)
  • Destiny (The Last Paladin #2)
“If you put your heart, mind and soul into it, there's nothing you can't do!” 1 likes