Start by marking “On Vacation From Sanity” as Want to Read:
On Vacation From Sanity

On Vacation From Sanity

What do you do when your world is turned upside down and you're forced to recreate your life?

Life is perfect for sixteen-year-old Jenna Webb. She lives with her rock-star dad in New York City, she has a perky, fun, beautiful best friend, and a super-model, sort-of stepmother. An artist, writer, bass player, Jenna has her life planned to precision—well, until her dad is kil
Paperback, First, 326 pages
Published May 20th 2014 by Grid Media (first published May 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about On Vacation From Sanity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Vacation From Sanity

Start your review of On Vacation From Sanity
John Naegele
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had the opportunity to read an advanced copy of “On Vacation From Sanity”. It‘s an infectious novel that pulls and twists as you go along with Jenna on her journey. The story has great characters. Some of which you really like, and others, not so much. Just like life. I highly recommend this good read.
Janet
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I am friends with the author.

Enjoyable intelligent beach read with soul. I enjoyed the numerous references to bands. To me, this read as a shorter, punkier version of Anthropology of an American Girl (by Hilary Thayer Hamann, check it out if you enjoyed this book).
Zareena
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars (I think)

This review is going to be really hard to write. I went into On Vacation From Sanity thinking it would be a lightish YA contemporary with a nice bit of romance but it wasn't like that at all. Well yes, it starts out that way but this book is deeper and more complex than that, except at the same time it's not. And that makes no sense. Let me see if I can explain.

Jenna is our main character and her father, who was a famous musician, just died so she has to move to L.A. to live w
Shannon Everyday
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Following the character of Jenna, as she navigates her personal struggles as a teenager to adulthood in life and love, I found this book to be a realistic, insightful look at a character finding herself. Jenna's struggles all felt real to me, especially in the later sections of the book. I found her friendship with the character of Gavin to be refreshing. I also enjoyed all the twists and turns with Jenna's relationship with James. No spoilers here on how that turns out! If you like young adult ...more
Tashelby Robinson
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and it's perfect for summer. Plus Gavin has to be one of the best characters!

My blog review:
Wendy Yurich
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Book! Quick read that you do not want to end. Great story about transition from teen to adult with all the twist and turns. Enjoyed all the main characters, but I have to admit Gavin is my favorite!
Tracy
Feb 03, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book came highly recommended to me and I wanted so much to like it. However, the book was just weird and I never connected with any character. There was no real flow to the story, things that were suppose to be apparently major plotlines were barely mentioned. The creepy stalker in the description of the book got like 2 paragraphs and was basically glossed over. When the book started, Jenna was around 16, all of a sudden, she's being wished a happy 21st. The book barely scraped the surface ...more
ballysharon
Apr 12, 2020
Elizabeth
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelley T.
Don't waste your time on this amateurish novel. It could have been a good story, but reads on the level of a teen novel.
Cynthia Mathis
Jul 04, 2014
Carly
Jul 31, 2018

• City of Girls
  • The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1)
  • Evvie Drake Starts Over
  • Open Book
  • The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz
  • My Sister, the Serial Killer
  • Funny, You Don't Look Autistic: A Comedian's Guide to Life on the Spectrum
  • Cemetery Road
  • Because of Lila (Sea Breeze Meets Rosemary Beach, #2)
  • Mistletoe in Texas (Texas Rodeo #5)
  • The Lager Queen of Minnesota
  • Brothers South of the Mason Dixon (South of the Mason Dixon, #2)
  • Love Me Like This (The Morrisons #3)
  • Wishing For Us (Danvers #9)
  • The Midwife's Confession
  • Tailspin
  • Like a Memory (Sea Breeze Meets Rosemary Beach, #1)
  • The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes
ELIZABETH ROSS YURICH lives in Cleveland, Ohio with her rock star husband and black standard poodle. When she is not writing you will find her drawing pictures or hugging a tree or two.

News & Interviews