Start by marking “Bodyguard To A Sex God (Bodyguards Inc. #1)” as Want to Read:
Bodyguard To A Sex God (Bodyguards Inc. #1)

Bodyguard To A Sex God (Bodyguards Inc. #1)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  1,022 Ratings  ·  155 Reviews
Bodyguard Adam Freeman draws what everyone else thinks is the short straw at the convention for a procedural cop show - as bodyguard to TV actor Logan Brady. Or as the Internet has labelled him, Logan 'Sex God' Brady.

Logan is taking part in a convention at a London Hotel for his show 'Night Cop' and someone is threatening his life.

Adam gets more than he bargained for whe
Published April 24th 2014 by Love Lane Books (first published January 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bodyguard To A Sex God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bodyguard To A Sex God

Heller
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, m-m
Fandom took a beating on this one. ;)

Nice characters here with decent chemistry but nothing that really stuck out for me. Bit of an odd red herring stalker storyline (view spoiler)

I'm thinking the second in the series will be Kyle and Ross. I'll be curious to read about how they work things out.
Gigi
Loved it! I absolutely adored closeted Vampire/Cop actor Lucas from the moment he was introduced. Just the sweetest thing you ever did want to meet. It took me a bit longer to warm up to cranky bodyguard Adam, but once I did, I fell pretty hard. These two were a perfect M/M romance novel match. And the epilogue was the biggest, most delicious cherry on top of this fabulous sundae. Yummy, yummy, yummy! This one is on my favorites shelf and I look forward to forgetting enough of it so I can read i ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.85*
Logan is a star, he's an actor and has a stalker or twelve, since the threats have gotten more concrete and after a violent incident a British bodyguard is hired for the convention he and his fellow actors are attending.
Adam is assigned the case and there is an immediate attraction but and I am happy to say they don't really have full on sex till almost the very end of the story.
The 'mystery' of the stalker was pretty clear early on, but I don't think it was meant to be a big who-done it.
Caipi
I liked the idea of the plot. An US actor received recently several threats. When he participates on a convention in the UK, he falls in love with the bodyguard his management hired to protect him.

Unfortunately there's no depth. I didn't feel the connection between the MCs, the romance was just flat. And their behavior after the case was solved was really strange. I mean, according to the plot they were in love, but even so they spent their time together, they seemed distant.

2,5 stars
Amanda
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a light read with some minor suspense. Relatively short but it have sufficient plot development that feels like a full length story to me.

Adam had been tasked with a ten day assignments to guard an American celebrity during a convention. There isn't a lot of backstory to Adam beside a mentioned to his career as ex-cop. I didn't even get to know why he left that job. Adam is a pretty upstanding guy and openly gay.

Logan had been in the limelight since his teenage years as a child star. He
Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

There is a soap opera convention coming to London from Los Angeles and the fans are going wild. Maybe even crazy. Bodyguard Adam Freeman draws the duty of guarding Logan Brady, one of the stars of the paranormal series. Logan has been a television personality since he was fifteen and now at thirty has had five very successful years on the soap "NightCop". Logan has been receiving death threats which is why Bodyguards, Inc. and Adam a
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
4.5 rounded up.

Another typical R.J. Scott book including everything I love such as danger, deception, drama, and hot man lovin'.

Some good stuff was here like extremely hot sex scenes. I found it delightfully funny that the MC thinks American accents are sexy. That's a first! Matt Bomer, one of my all-time favorite heartthrobs is spoken of admiringly. The main female character rocked.

Nitpicks: the brother of a cousin to a person is also a cousin to that person. A character said someone never did
Susan
Mar 02, 2015 rated it liked it

This was...ok.

I mean, the story of a bodyguard to a closeted Hollywood star certainly has been done before...right? It seems it must have because this one read a bit generic to me.

Still, it was kinda fun, kinda sweet, kinda sexy, and kinda suspenseful.

I would've like it more if there was so much 'telling'. Bogged down.

But, it was fine and fairly enjoyable to read. I'll probably even move on in the series.

Nerea
May 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-mystery
This book is light, typical bodyguard / famous story.
So dont search for anything more, but whats offering is nice! I liked it! (maybe too fast for my taste)

The action place is a fan convention and image is hilarious but pretty accurate xD.
Im going to read more about this collection because Im really hoping that Kyle and Ross end together someday! PLEASE!
Trisha Harrington
I am a huge R.J. fan. I love most of her books and this one was no exception. This is a very sweet and kind of cheesy story. There isn't so much in what you would call angst. It had some "drama" and even that was easy and wouldn't leave you pulling your hair out. That was something I did enjoy about this, even though it was over the top in some ways that's my type of read.

Adam and Logan were amazing MC's. I loved the instant attraction and the not exactly slow build, but the way it was written t
Jaime
5 Perfect I-Love-it-Stars!!
This was such a good book. It was full of those good Feelz and lots of love, with some mystery and action -- just perfection. Logan, he is a sweetheart. Adam, he tried to stay just as Logan's body guard but he couldn't avoid temptation. Those two together were just awesome! Loved the story. Loved the setting.

"Adam was past dangerous. He was fire and want and every incendiary thing Logan had never really had."
The passion between Logan and Adam was the perfect slow bur
Nic
Given the recent release of the second book in this series The Ex Factor, I figured I'd better read this one - and what a treat - two great books to read in a row!

I thoroughly enjoyed this story with its combination of sexy bodyguard and television star. Adam is an ex-cop who's not looking forward to having to watch over pretty-boy, Logan, when he visits London to attend a fan convention for his vampire television show. Logan has stalker. It sounds a fairly standard plot but it had many things g
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Adam gets stuck with convention detail when he accepts an assignment to be the bodyguard to a ‘pretty boy’, otherwise known as actor Logan Brady. Logan has received threats and was involved in a near miss ‘hit and run’ it’s Adam’s responsibility to ensure Logan’s safety on U.K. soil, but Adam has to fight his attraction for the closeted TV star. Logan is freaked out by the threats on top of his own personal con
Bev
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Won't go into a huge amount of detail for this one as others have already done so, and very well IMHO.

I really enjoyed the story and the MC's. Woohoo, chuffed to bits that RJ is doing another series to go with 'Sanctuary' and joy of joys, a new one of those is coming out 'Worlds Collide' which I will def. download when it's available (any chance you can let us know when that will be RJ?)
V
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hope the next sequel is about Ross and Kyle.
Ayanna
Yes, the title leaves much to be wanted. Yes, the grammar was quite bad at times. Nonetheless, I find myself giving it 5 stars as opposed to the 4 I was originally going to. Also, I'm eating cookies, so I'm in a good mood right now. *shrugs. Might have something to do with it.

However, this book was still surprisingly good. The way the author worked the individual elements was interesting and engaging without being overly blatant or cheesy.

The psychological elements were thankfully present and pl
Aeren
May 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Bueno, no sé si es que me sugestiona el hecho de que he leido todos los fics de esta mujer, pero no dejaba de poner a los Js en el lugar de los protagonistas. Lectura sencilla y super fluffy, realmente lo que buscaba y sabía que iba a encontrar. El tema de la 'salida del armario' no me ha acabado de convencer del todo, sobre todo si conoces un poco del fandomiun, los fans de la serie del chico son tan obsesivos como cabe de esperar ya que son una copia de los de SPN. Sólo voy a poner un detalle ...more
Serena Yates
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
While some of the story line brought back memories of The Bodyguard (of Kevin Costner fame), this story about Logan, an actor being stalked, and Adam, his ex-cop bodyguard, has definitely got a dynamic all its own. And not just because the two main characters are gay men, but because the mysterious stalker is very much up to date with today's job description of a creepy fan who lost touch with reality. And between the twists and turns of the whodunit (or rather the who-is-about-to-do-it) and the ...more
Elizabetta

This was enjoyable enough— a light read. But I didn’t really cozy up to either character much.

Logan is the smexy Hollywood star who’s famous for his TV role as a vampire cop (reminded me of Alex O’Loughlin in the TV show, Moonlight) and someone is stalking him and sending him crazy fan mail. Things are escalating and Adam is hired to be Logan’s bodyguard while he’s at a convention in England.

I think the issue for me is when someone is supposed to be acting professionally (like guarding someone
Joanne
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adam Freeman is a British bodyguard assigned to protect American actor Logan Brady when he attends a UK convention for his paranormal drama Night Cop. Logan it turns out is being stalked, receiving letters which turned into death threats. Logan is actually gay, and closeted. Sparks fly immediately between the two men and as hard as Adam tries to keep a professional distance things heat up very quickly.

It's so nice to read books based in the UK so I was really looking forward to this and it doesn
Lauren
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a cute little read! Sweet, sexy, and pretty much everything you'd expect from an RJ Scott novel. She is one of my favourite M/M authors and so far has never disappointed me - she writes great romance and always leaves me smiling. Bodyguard to a Sex God was definitely no exception, and the ENDING! So adorable! I'd love a story for Ross and Kyle. Pretty please? ;)
Stacia
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is crazy good. Not only are the main characters strongly written so are the sub characters. This was a fun, lite read with a tad bit of angst at one point (wg) Oh just read the story. It's a must read. It has sexy men,hysterical um people, great banter between characters, what more do you want? Oh yeah well there's that too :-)
Anke
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it a lot, especially that both MC's took their time with the development of their relationship despite the insta-lust :) For me, the showdown was a bit over the top. Nevertheless I'll give the next book in this series a try.
Alina
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the whole convention thing, because hey so many years in SPN fandom ain't for nothing ))) I liked Logan and Adam, but I think these two could use maybe more time together. I think I'd trade Stacia and Bryan storyline for additional Logan/Adam scenes anytime ))
Still enjoyed this book!
James Cox
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great book about celebrity stalkings and sexy men. I look forward to the next in this series.
Lisa
An enjoyable read. Adam has to be a bodyguard to Logan during a convention in the UK where Logan is being stalked.
Adam tries to keep his distance but they eventually get together. They do take it slow and when Logan returns to the US with Adam they spend a few days together.
Nice because they didnt rush into anything, well in a much as you can in a 132 page book.
I will continue to read this series.
Calila
A cotton candy read. Nice while it lasts, forgotten the second it's over. No real depth. Characters are fine. The plot is decent. Just no oomph.
Wax
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, own-have, z-11-utc
Sweet, fairly low-angst story about a bodyguard (Adam) who is set to guard actor (Logan) at a London convention. Adam is out, while Logan is in the closet. Logan's recently received several death threats, so he needs a bodyguard. The story was definitely hampered by the length, but there was a nice epilogue.
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.25 Stars

I can’t get enough of this author at the moment!
The only good point about Adam Freemans latest assignment as a bodyguard is the handsome face with the stunning eyes staring back at him as he reads through the information on his latest client. This is the worst kind of job in the business! Show business people full of ego and attitude that demand their every whim be met. Worse still it is to take place at a convention, full of screaming fans that he imagi
Didi
That was wonderful. Well, it's cliche - the bodyguard hooking up with his protected actor. But the big plus, for me, the slow proceeding of romance here.

In the beginning, when it was mentioned it'd be a ten-day contract, I thought /cue eye-roll/ "okay, then we'd expect to see insta-attraction, insta-love, and whatnots." It was all that, yes. And more. Yes, the both of them got attracted on first sight (both considered the other eye-candy). Yes, there's masturbation scene on the... hold on, seco
  • Chase The Sun (Stories from Sapphire Cay, #3)
  • My Guardian Angelo (Special Operations, #3)
  • Stranded (Stranded, #1)
  • Bring The Heat
  • The Case Of The Cupid Curse (End Street Detective Agency #1)
  • A Rookie Move
  • High Concept
  • Sinner's Gin (Sinners, #1)
  • A Better Man (The Men of Halfway House, #1)
  • Christmas Delights
  • Sounds of Love (Senses and Sensations, #1)
  • Doubleback (Doubleback, #1)
  • Unspeakable Words (The Sixth Sense #1)
  • Houseboat on the Nile (Spy vs. Spook, #1)
  • All Fired Up (Sin City Uniforms, #1)
  • Inferno
  • Snow Balls (Balls to the Wall, #4)
  • The Bigger They Come (Herc's Mercs #1)
RJ is the author of the over one hundred novels and discovered romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t romance on the page, she could create it in her head, and is a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her family.

The last time she had a week’s
More about R.J. Scott

Bodyguards Inc. (7 books)
  • The Ex Factor (Bodyguards Inc. #2)
  • Max and the Prince (Bodyguards Inc. #3)
  • Undercover Lovers (Bodyguards Inc. #4)
  • Love's Design (Bodyguards Inc. #5)
  • Kissing Alex (Bodyguards Inc. #6)
  • Roman's Heart (Bodyguards Inc. #7)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Scandalous Liaisons
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Story of O
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be