Start by marking “Marked by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #11.5)” as Want to Read:
Marked by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #11.5)

Marked by Midnight

(Midnight Breed #11.5)

Determined to solve a string of brutal slayings in London, vampire warrior Mathias Rowan is forced to seek the help of Nova, a fiery tattoo artist who ignites an unexpected, yet undeniable, passion in the grim Order enforcer.

Nova’s shadowy connections and dark talents may be Mathias’s best hope of unmasking a treacherous enemy . . . but falling for a woman with her danger
Published June 28th 2014 by Lara Adrian, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Marked by Midnight, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Gee I had the same thought! It's been a while since I read the past books in the series but I've been racking my brain, trying to remember what the…moreI had the same thought! It's been a while since I read the past books in the series but I've been racking my brain, trying to remember what the significance of that name it.(less)
Gwen Yes, there will be more about them. All her books pretty much focus on one couple at a time, but the other characters are there too. I would advise…moreYes, there will be more about them. All her books pretty much focus on one couple at a time, but the other characters are there too. I would advise you to start at the beginning with book 1. It's a great series!!(less)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3 I didn't feel the love Stars

Marked by Midnight was an okay short novella. I liked the plot and I liked Nova and Mathias as people but I wasn't feeling their relationship. The fact is I felt no chemistry between them. None! I think it just felt too rushed. But they maybe spent a total of like 8 hours together within a 2 day span including sex and that is being generous, and they were saying I love you and lets get mated. This insta-love didn't work for me. Still the Plot wasn't bad.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4 ★'s

Mathias leads the Order for the London area and is helping JUSTIS with investigating some murders. That leads him to a tattoo shop and to Nova, a tattoo artist and...breed mate. Mathias knows she knows more than she's telling and he's going to find out what it is.

I really enjoyed this novella but it was just too short...it didn't really do the characters justice. And what great characters they are.

Mathias has always seemed rather imposing and aloof so it was great getting his POV an
Alex is The Romance Fox
I love the Midnight Breed Series and am always happy to read anything the author offers us about the Breed world.

Having met Mathias Rowan in previous stories, I was looking forward to his HEA.
 photo 794409_zpseaqf5xkn.jpg
However, a few things stopped me from really liking it.

Let me begin with what I liked:
The setting in London, where Mathias is now leading the leader of the Enforcer agency was pretty exciting and mysterious – with totally different locations and characters.
Nova was a pretty intriguing and interesting char
Sophia Triad
Breed warrior Mathias
Special ability: Being able to feel the phychic aftershocks, the imprint of violence in specific places
Age: Over 100 years old

Breed mate Nova
Special ability: Being able to see the last memories of dead men when she touches them
Occupation: Tatoo artist
Mark place: Between her breasts

Settings: London

This is a pretty good short novella: The 7th dead body with a scarab tatoo is discovered in the river Thames. Mathias is called to investigate the case.
I liked Mathias since
Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Mathias Rowan, former director of the Breed Enforcement Agency in Boston, now heads the Order's London station. His team is investigating a series of murders of gang members all bearing the same scarab tattoo. They are searching for information about the latest victim whose injuries seem different from the others. The trail leads Mathias to a tattoo parlor where Nova, an extraordinary artist, appears to have something to hide.

I was glad to see Mathias again a
Aly is so frigging bored
They knew each other for 48 from which they spent together less then 4(2 in which they were silent while she gave him a tattoo, and another 1 and 30 min while they had sex) and they frigging fell in love and committed to FOREVER? I can maybe understand insta-love in 1 week with lots of adrenalin and staying 24/7 together, but 4 HOURS? Too much even for me.
Stacie
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3+ "Love The Breed" Stars!

It's always good for me to be back in the world of The Breed, so I enjoyed it. However, because it's a novella, the story, the romance, the overall plot just didn't have time to develop. Everything was rushed and a little too insta. Had this been a full length novel, I think it would have been a very good one. I'd enjoyed Mathias's character from previous books, and Nova must have a heck of a history. Unfortunately, we only get the barest glimpse. So it left me a bit un
Jen Davis
Longtime readers of the Midnight Breed series have been waiting a long time to get up close and personal with Mathias. Now that his story is here, I have to say it was something of a mixed bag. There are some pretty interesting things going on, but the ending is just not very satisfying.

The story follows Mathias as he works the streets of London, clearing out rogues for the Order. Only now, he has come across a case with no real ties to the Breed. A bunch of human thugs have been dumped into the
Delta
Marked by Midnight is a quick Midnight Breed read, and I love what we know of Nova. Despite the insta-love -->HEA, fully half of the story is unresolved, which is a little frustrating. I want to know about (view spoiler). It would be wonderful if this story were fleshed out into a full sized novel...

It would be understandable if this were a teaser story that introduced a sequel that answers these questions, bu
Jessica
3.5 stars. I would have liked this one to be a bit longer, and in particular, having more about Nova's backstory. I hope that it will be explored more later in the series.
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
**** 4 Breed Stars ****

Great addition to the Midnight Breed series. I've always really liked Mathias and it's nice that we get an HEA for him. His breedmate Nova was unconventional and very different than the breedmates we've met in the past, I would have liked more, it worked as a novella but the potential for a more in-depth book was there. We get a hint of Nova's background but not the full story, hopefully we'll get more of them in future books along with some of the new characters we were
ᴥ Irena ᴥ

If you haven't read Midnight Breed series, you can skip this. It's not because it follows some particular plot line. It is more of a snippet in this world.

People are being fished out of the Thames. They all have the same tattoo. Matthias Bowen follows a lead that takes him right to Nova. They see each other four times in the story. The story is simply too short to be anything else but an okay glimpse into the Breed world. Even that only if you know the rules of the world since nothing about it
Sophia
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
It has been fun to catch these 'in between' shorter stories of the Midnight Breed universe while I wait for new releases of the next full-length story. This one jumped right into a murder mystery and a fast paced romance. It was tense and passion-filled.

This one was with characters that I don't recall encountering before, but its possible they appeared as minor characters in earlier stories so it could be read out of order. Although, I rather had the impression that this one might lead into a f
AJ
Jun 08, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a very short novella featuring Mathias Rowan, a member of the Breed from Boston, and ally to The Order – a group of badass warrior vampires who have dedicated their lives to protecting and defending their kind. Mathias is now based in London, as is the leader of The Order in the city. His investigations into a series of murders sees him entering a hole-in-the-wall tattoo parlour one night, and that is where he encounters tattoo artist, Nova.

Nova is heavily tattooed, heavily pierced, and
SheLove2Read
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I liked Matthias and Nova, but their romance happened too quickly. It gave a whole new meaning to instalove. They deserved to have a full book. It was good but it left a lot of unanswered questions.
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
3.5 stars.

I normally don't do .5's but I wasn't so sure about this one. On the one hand I really liked it, and I was so looking forward to Mathias' story, but on the other, my I just couldn't bring myself to give it a 4. Go figure. I think it's because this story deserved to be a full novel. The kind of mystery Mathias and Nova had solve and Nova's past was not satisfying when told in a novella. I wanted more details, more time for Mathias and Nova's relationship to grow. This way, it all felt a
ShoSho
This book ,its characters and the plot had the potential to be a full length novel . Everything was solved too quickly ,it was the case of insta' love they said"I love you" the forth time they met which was the last scene of the book . There was something in the heroine past that we never found out . Overall I would have loved if it was a bit longer.
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-audio
This novella is set in the Breed world but doesn't really move the overall plot along. It was a nice side trip.

I really enjoyed Hillary Huber's narration on this series. She does a great job with the male voices and accents.
Aura
Liked it, but it ended too abruptly and left too many questions open. Hopefully closure will come in the next book!
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
I forgot how much I LOVE this series. Cannot wait to read more of Mathias and Nova. So good!!
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
AUDIOBOOK REVIEW
Rating: 3/5
Heat Rating: 3/5
Narrator Performance: 4/5

A great story as usual from Lara Adrian. I knew as I started it that it was a novella but even with that in mind I felt it was too short. The romance was rushed too much for the story to be completely acceptable to the reader IMO.

Another thing that I found missing was Nova's backstory. Some of it was told but not enough to satisfy me. I wanted the whole story about her. I feel like I've been left hanging.

Although Hillary Huber
shms
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
short insta love tale, but lara adrian Breed series can do little wrong.
Heather C
We first met Mathias Rowan back in Taken by Midnight when he assisted the Order in the fight against Dragos.  Now he is working for the Order leading his own team in London.  When he sticks his nose into a JUSTIS investigation, his gift leads him to a tattoo parlor where he meets Nova, the sexy tattoo artist who knows much more about the victim than she is willing to admit…

Obviously, these short novellas from Lara Adrian just aren’t doing much for me.  It was way too short.  Not enough time to f
Vanessa theJeepDiva
This Midnight Breed novella takes readers to London where the familiar Mathias Rowen now leads his own Order team. They are working on a case that has a couple of commonalities, all the men have the same tattoo, and they are all cooling it in the local morgue. The tattoos are assumedly gang markings, but it is of a gang that no one knows anything about. Mathias and his teammates seek out the tattoo artist in hopes that they may get some answers there.
The tattoo artist that Mathias seeks more th
Ezinwanyi
Mathias Rowan has been a leader within the Order for a while. As the head of the London group, Mathias was investigating a serial killer targeting gang members who have a specific tattoo on their body.
His investigation leads him to Nova, a tattoo artist who also appears to be a breed-mate. Nova was very standoffish and cagey, and wanted nothing to do with Mathias and the Order.
But it becomes clear that Nova knows something about the killings and she may be in danger too.
Mathias is determined to
Danielle (is trying to escape reality)
I love this series to pieces. I totally support Lara Adrian and always preorder her signed copies.

But WOW. This one was a miss. A total miss.

Her novellas, as with most novellas, are not as great as the full length works. There just isn't enough time to fully establish the super deep relationships the MCs end up in in these little snippets, so they are really unbelievable. But this one, this one should have merited a full offering. The two characters were interesting, especially Nova, the back
Ingrid Thomas
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lara Adrian definitely delivers with this short novella!!

The key word there is "short" , it was too short for me, with a sudden ending, it sort of left me wanting more, but that is a good thing right?

Nova, the heroine in the novella is a reserved but tough as nails tattoo artist, with a past.

Mathias Rowan an enforcer from the Order.

But their paths cross, and once crossed, they cannot keep away from each other.

Unfortunately their circumstances make them weary of each other.

Lara Adrian manages to
Izy
May 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Rating~ 3 stars.

The story is quite short and even shorter is the romance/getting to know each other bit, i did feel a bit of connection b/w Nova and Mathias but they met only two days ago and it wasn't enough to say I love you when they just met. The suspense and the plot was good though hence the 3 stars. It's very difficult to get everything right in novellas but usually Lara's novellas are pretty good.
Denise H.
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow...short but wonderful...for all fans of Lara Adrian, you can't go wrong. Great short story, full of suspense, terrific characters, deep feelings and romance. Everything a story should have. ENJOY !!

• Heart of the Flame (Dragon Chalice, #2)
  • Azagoth (Demonica Underworld #1; Lords of Deliverance #5.5; Demonica #11; 1001 Dark Nights #6)
  • In Still Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #3.5)
  • Eternal Beauty (Mark of the Vampire #4.5)
  • Twisted (Eternal Guardians, #7)
  • Hawk (Sons of Sangue, #2)
  • Angus (Connor Clan, #2.5)
  • A Very Levet Christmas (Guardians of Eternity, #11.5)
  • Perfect Mate (Shifters Unbound, #4.25)
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Pia Saves the Day (Elder Races, #6.6)
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • Duncan (Vampires in America, #5)
  • Silent Bite: A Scanguards Wedding (Scanguards Vampires #8.5; 1001 Dark Nights #4)
  • Tamed (Dark Protectors, #6.5)
LARA ADRIAN is a New York Times and #1 internationally best-selling author with nearly 4 million books in print and digital worldwide and translations licensed to more than 20 countries. Her books have been named among Amazon’s Top Ten Romances of the Year, and have also been nominated by readers multiple times as finalists for the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Romance of the Year. Reviewers hav ...more

Midnight Breed (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed,  #1)
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7)
  • Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #8)
  • Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9)
  • Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10)