Start by marking “Die Seiten der Welt (Die Seiten der Welt, #1)” as Want to Read:
Die Seiten der Welt (Die Seiten der Welt, #1)

Die Seiten der Welt

(Die Seiten der Welt #1)

Furia Salamandra Faerfax lebt in einer Welt der Bücher. Der Landsitz ihrer Familie birgt eine unendliche Bibliothek. In ihren Tiefen ist Furia auf der Suche nach einem ganz besonderen Buch: ihrem Seelenbuch. Mit ihm will sie die Magie und die Macht der Worte entfesseln. Noch weiß sie nicht, in welch tödlicher Gefahr sie schwebt. Denn Furias Familie wird von mächtigen Feind ...more
Published September 25th 2014 by Fischer FJB (first published September 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Die Seiten der Welt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Seiten der Welt

Isabel
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
FAVORITE BOOK OF THE YEAR!
Jana
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love books about books, and this one had such a wonderful bookish world in it. It's absolutely wonderful.
Twig
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
It`s not that easy for me to rate this book. Its the first in a series and gave a fantastic start to a world full of books <3 but it was not perfect at all.. I liked the idea of the storyline ,the world building is lovely and the characters where what they supposed to be.. all in all a good start but not to special.
I liked the book a lot and am excited to read the next one.
Elena
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Marya
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was definitely an awesome read. After reading Arkadien erwacht from Kai Meyer I was sceptical to start Die Seiten der Welt, but this was so, so much better.
First off, it's about books.
It's about magicians that use books to do their magic.
And no, it's not done in a way that you see often in the Fantasy genre.

I liked Furia right from the beginning of the novel, and also liked her servants, her father..well, her brother not that much, but he's cute enough.
I didn't really like a handful of th
Sleepover137
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I had my issues with this book but overall it was very enjoyable. After about 150 - 200 pages of having a mildly hard time getting into it I really enjoyed reading and flew through the last 200 pages. I love the complexity of the world and the story. Some things were somewhat obvious and especially that "suprise" moment at the end was - in my opinion - unnecessary, obvious and seemed forced.
Buuut what I adore about the book is the feeling of "How far we have come". So much has changed in the cou
Tabea Vanessa
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this audiobook immensely!!
The world building was absolutely divine and incredibly creative. The characters were so cute and flawed and relatable. The plot was a great amount of fun. I also loved how characters were killed left right and center, the author was not afraid!
Sammm [if you hadn't noticed, yeah, somewhat on hiatus]
Hmmmm... Unless there's an English translated edition that came out before I could get my hands on the Chinese one, I guess I'll be reading this in Chinese? How refreshing. Haven't read any translated Western literature in Chinese for like... wow, since around 2005?
貝晨珊
Franziska
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
There was a small hype around this book in Germany when it came out and bibliophilic as I am, I only noticed it because of the gorgeous cover...But I have never read it, until now.

I find myself facing the same problems when reading German books. The ideas are great, but the writing is just a tad too sappy for me. Too blooming, I was reminded of Cornelia Funke, but I stand by her, because in the end, I love her characters and her stories.

This is what lacked here. The idea was great, and of course
thebookishturkishKZ
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
OH. MY. GOD.
I cannot believe I just accidentally stumbled upon this book in the bookstore and it just became my favorite! This is a treasure book for a bookworm.
A magical and fantastical adventure filled with magicians who draw their abilities from books, a city dedicated to books and readers only, bookmarks that serve as a pass to the city, characters that fell out of books, a magical plot filled with mysteries and with an amazing twist!
I do have to admit that it was going slow until page 35
Jojo
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just finished the book like three weeks ago or so and it was very suprising I have to say. I had the book standing in my bookshelf for a few months and I didn't want to read it and I don't know why. Then one night I couldn't sleep and I searched an audiobook on Spotify and the best I could find was this book. I thougt why not and began to hear it. And I was very suprised and shocked by this book but in a good way. It wasn't the best book I've ever read but in my opinion it was very good so I g ...more
fanatastica
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantastic
I listened to the audio, giving one a chance for the first time in forever and I was positively surprised.
It's a book for teenagers. Nethertheless did I enjoy myself a lot and I liked the characters and their development. The story telling showed an innovative concepy that I have not encountered before and I was satisfied with the ending and how everything unraveled itself.
Of course, the style is not too advanced but the story itself is well done.
Dracena
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am reviewing this in english because that's what I do, I guess.
This book series is one of my all time favourites. When I picked this book up the first time it was pretty clear, just after a few pages, that this was going to be one hell of a ride. The protagonist, Furia, is smart, relatable, and just the perfect person a book can focus around. She asks what needs to be asked, she explaines what needs to be explained, and so on and so on.
The story itself is super intrieging and you just want mor
Rita Illés
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved it, because it truly is a bookworm's confession. The plot started slow but the climax was epic. The chronological twists were great too. I have already bought the second of the trilogy and as soon as it gets published in Hungary, I'll be sure to get the third! Loved it!!!
Liubov
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This unusual story with interesting characters and exciting storyline! That's a cool idea to invent smth like a bookish magic - thanx for this to the author! Maybe I've outgrown books like that but I liked it very much!
Martin
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining! Listed to it as an audio book, liked it!
Noraeon
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thrilling in every second, original and beautiful creations! Read it!
Ines
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars, because it made me feel as if I am a kid again :)
Mariann Komlós
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy-read
I am so dissapointed..it had so much potential, and so exceptional ideas. Missed opportunities.
Anne Zandt
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
Hard cover editions are usually unwieldy and this one is no exception and even the lovely cover art cannot distract from that.

The story is fluently written and even with some explorations into details it was never boring. Though I would have liked some things to be explained a bit more thoroughly than others. The world Meyer creates in this book is just so fascinating that you just want to continue to learn more about it. The fact that there are also some murders, intrigues and dark secrets in i
pygospa
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the beginning this book reminded my a bit of Inkheart, because of the praising of books. I understand how this might be appealing to writers because a) they probably love books having chosen those as their main object for personal income and b) appealing to people who read by telling them how great reading is, seems to be a sure thing.

However, in Inkheart I found it so overdone that I never got around to finish reading it. it was just too much. And so I was afraid that Kai Meyer would go in a
Mel
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I wanted to read this book since the first time I saw the cover in a bookstore. It is simple, yet elegant and intriguing. I love the fact that it leaves everything to your imagination and does not tell you how you should imagine Furia or any of the other characters to look like.

When I started to read the book, I was not disappointed. And yet, I did not give it five stars. I think Die Seiten der Welt is a damn fine book. It's well written, the plot is interesting and well balanced between action
Myrthe
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Furia is a bibliomant and is in search of the book to her soul, which should increase her powers. Things are going on that she knows nothing about, but soon she’ll find herself at the center of them.

The book starts of quite slow, explaining the situation Furia finds herself in, but not explaining much about the strange world she lives in (which is what I want to know most as the reader: why is there a library maze under her house!?). Once the real story starts however, it keeps going and it’s a
Dina
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have really mixed feelings about this book. I like it, but have expected smth different due to ads, promo and bloggers reviews.
I definitely like the world, created by Kai Meyer, plot and some of the charecters.
But the way how the story developed sometimes drived me crazy - one page it's too fast, another - like a slowmotion with no events.
3.5 of 5
Anni
Nov 26, 2016 rated it liked it
I did like this book simply because it is a book about books:) And I love getting lost in phantasy worlds.
But apart from the fact that I love the whole idea of this book, it doesn't really give us time to breathe in the world before it threatens to destroy it, to get to know and love the characters before it kills them all of. I would have loved to see more developement in there.
Annelie
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Lstened to this as audio book, while at work. So I can't say I always paid the best attention - but from what I can say, it was a fairly slow beginning, but the end really made up for it.It is always tiptoeing on the border between children's book and young adult. Some themes were really interesting.
Also it's nice to listen to the German voice of Matt Damon, telling you a story :-D
Susanne
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved the idea of this book driven world and the power you can draw from books. Though sometimes the storyline was coming a little out of nowhere and didnt 100% fit for me. Though overall a nice read if you love books and personally draw power from them. ...more
Muphyn
Re-read this so that I can actually follow Part 2 and won't feel quite as lost as the last two times I tried. I think I understood a few more details too. :) The story is so intricate and complex, you really have to pay attention the whole time.

• Für die Krone (Magierdämmerung, #1)
  • Der dunkle Kuss der Sterne
  • Die Verratenen (Die Verratenen, #1)
  • Lumen (Uralte Metropole, #3)
  • Wörter durchfluten die Zeit (BookLessSaga #1)
  • Liebe ist was für Idioten. Wie mich. (Viki und Jay, #1)
  • Himmelsfern (Himmelsfern, #1)
  • Die Stadt der Regenfresser (Chroniken der Weltensucher, #1)
  • Die Magie der Namen (Die Magie der Namen #1)
  • Dunkelsprung
  • Der Kuss des Kjer
  • Die magische Gondel (Zeitenzauber, #1)
  • Räuberherz
  • Rosen und Seifenblasen (Verliebt in Serie, #1)
  • Der weiße Wanderer (Der Kreis der Dämmerung, #3)
  • Zurück nach Hollyhill (Hollyhill, #1)
  • Sternenschimmer (Sternenschimmer, #1)
With millions of books sold worldwide, Kai Meyer is one of Germany's most successful authors. His novels have been translated into 27 languages including English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Chinese.

Kai Meyer was born in 1969 in northern Germany. He began college at the University of Bochum, Germany, where he studied film, theatre, and philosophy. After a year, he dropped out t

Die Seiten der Welt (3 books)
  • Nachtland (Die Seiten der Welt, #2)
  • Blutbuch (Die Seiten der Welt, #3)
“Jedes Buch ist ein Ort an den man wieder und wieder zurück kehren kann.” 20 likes
“Sich zu mögen heißt, zu entdecken, dass man dieselbe Sprache spricht. Sich zu lieben bedeutet, in derselben Sprache zu dichten.” 15 likes